http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 10:37:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 73175 times)
Reemul
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #720 on: May 23, 2013, 01:23:40 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 23, 2013, 01:09:18 PM

Quote from: ATB on May 23, 2013, 12:59:44 PM

Quote from: Reemul on May 23, 2013, 12:24:26 PM

How else am i suppossed to form an opinion, they do these shows and i form an opinion anything maybe in the future is wishful thinking atm.

How about don't form an opinion until all the facts are, you know, on the table?

I have no opinion on either the PS4 or XBone at this time.

I don't think you quite understand the concept of press conferences, interviews and product previews.

Of course he does, its to not form opinions on things they tell us but instead hope they arent true and something different will appear instead. Which may of course happen if enough fuss is made. Instead we should all just shut up and let it happen  Roll Eyes

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 23, 2013, 01:25:03 PM »

Also, I don't think ATB quite understands what opinions are either.

A new one
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 23, 2013, 01:25:51 PM »

How else am i suppossed to form an opinion, they do these shows and i form an opinion anything maybe in the future is wishful thinking atm.

How about don't form an opinion until all the facts are, you know, on the table?

If a company does a presentation on a long awaited product and doesn't answer people's most important questions, those people have a right to form an opinion. It's called bad marketing and public relations and if it affects sales and/or public perception of the product it's squarely on the shoulders of the company in question.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 23, 2013, 01:35:55 PM »

I don't think you quite understand the concept of press conferences,

You mean that they're pomp and fluff and really never reveal anything concrete for anyone to make any decisions about? Especially the first press very tightly controlled conference about a brand new never before seen product...?

I sure do.

Perhaps you don't realize how badly you're caught up in the marketing spin.

I'll believe the PS4 and XB1 capabilities when they ship and I'll make a decision to buy or not, then.  Until then, both companies can make whatever changes they want. All this hand wringing is a pointless exercise.  

Though at least it is nice to know that every time I come to GT there's something new comment on.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 23, 2013, 01:38:20 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on May 23, 2013, 01:23:40 PM

I don't think you quite understand the concept of press conferences, interviews and product previews.

Of course he does, its to not form opinions on things they tell us but instead hope they arent true and something different will appear instead. Which may of course happen if enough fuss is made. Instead we should all just shut up and let it happen  Roll Eyes

You guys (not all of you) are already damning the system that you know nothing about real world. Same thing happened to the wii.  The inverse happened to PS Home.

I'm asking for a modicum of common sense here and not for people to go off half cocked.  But it's your way, so have at it.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 23, 2013, 01:38:42 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 23, 2013, 01:25:03 PM

Also, I don't think ATB quite understands what opinions are either.

Sure. I'm letting you have yours. Let me have mine.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #726 on: May 23, 2013, 01:40:42 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 23, 2013, 01:38:20 PM

I'm asking for a modicum of common sense here

Fair enough. You go first.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 23, 2013, 01:41:52 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 23, 2013, 01:25:51 PM

If a company does a presentation on a long awaited product and doesn't answer people's most important questions, those people have a right to form an opinion. It's called bad marketing and public relations and if it affects sales and/or public perception of the product it's squarely on the shoulders of the company in question.

I'm not arguing that Teg. I'm arguing that it's too soon to have formed an opinion on XB1 (and it's success or failure) based on what they've showed so far knowing that a bunch of it will likely change or that they haven't told the full story so far.

It's like we as an audience haven't learned a thing in our years in this hobby. This always happens.  Press release. People excoriate what was said and make rash judgments. Product releases....and everything's fine.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 23, 2013, 01:46:36 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 23, 2013, 01:40:42 PM

Quote from: ATB on May 23, 2013, 01:38:20 PM

I'm asking for a modicum of common sense here

Fair enough. You go first.

Already have. Your turn.

Your bias is apparent.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #729 on: May 23, 2013, 01:51:58 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 23, 2013, 01:46:36 PM

Your bias is apparent.

So is yours, Mr "I'm certain the PS4's network will suck".
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 23, 2013, 01:55:26 PM »

I'm going to start a game of imagining console fanboy war mentality occurring with other types of products.

"What the fuck are you thinking?!  A Big Mac for lunch?  What are you, a moron?  Whoppers are objectively superior."

"You're excited about an upcoming movie by Universal Pictures?!  What the fuck is wrong with you?  If you watch anything other than Paramount films you're a moron."

"I can't even look at you anymore.  You're looking forward to Thanksgiving?!  You realize only assholes look forward to Thanksgiving, right?  Christmas is awesome and all other holidays can suck it."
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 23, 2013, 01:57:14 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 23, 2013, 01:51:58 PM

Quote from: ATB on May 23, 2013, 01:46:36 PM

Your bias is apparent.

So is yours, Mr "I'm certain the PS4's network will suck".

I've already said I'm probably not buying either. So, so much for that argument.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 23, 2013, 01:58:30 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 23, 2013, 01:55:26 PM

I'm going to start a game of imagining console fanboy war mentality occurring with other types of products.

"What the fuck are you thinking?!  A Big Mac for lunch?  What are you, a moron?  Whoppers are objectively superior."

"You're excited about an upcoming movie by Universal Pictures?!  What the fuck is wrong with you?  If you watch anything other than Paramount films you're a moron."

"I can't even look at you anymore.  You're looking forward to Thanksgiving?!  You realize only assholes look forward to Thanksgiving, right?  Christmas is awesome and all other holidays can suck it."

Not sure how saying 'don't judge either console yet' is fanboyism...
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 23, 2013, 01:59:01 PM »

Both Sony and MS screwed up there reveal and anyone defending either company is just looking through rose colored glasses of their preferred brand. 

I say let this stuff play out and by October/November when both consoles are released we should have a more definitive answers.

Sheesh, I was hoping for a few more months of peace before the fan wars broke out

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 23, 2013, 02:04:40 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 23, 2013, 01:58:30 PM

Not sure how saying 'don't judge either console yet' is fanboyism...

You're bickering with TiLT, and it's getting uglier and uglier.  Whether or not you've pledged your allegiance to a particular console, you're already participating in the fanboy wars.  It's one of those things where the only winning move is not to play.

Also: St. Patrick's Day can suck it.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: May 23, 2013, 02:20:43 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 23, 2013, 02:04:40 PM

You're bickering with TiLT, and it's getting uglier and uglier.  Whether or not you've pledged your allegiance to a particular console, you're already participating in the fanboy wars.  It's one of those things where the only winning move is not to play.

But I bicker with Tilt in almost every thread!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 23, 2013, 02:25:18 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 23, 2013, 01:41:52 PM

I'm not arguing that Teg. I'm arguing that it's too soon to have formed an opinion on XB1 (and it's success or failure) based on what they've showed so far knowing that a bunch of it will likely change or that they haven't told the full story so far.

It's like we as an audience haven't learned a thing in our years in this hobby. This always happens.  Press release. People excoriate what was said and make rash judgments. Product releases....and everything's fine.

Microsoft opened the door here. If this was not meant to be a sales presentation targeted at consumers they shouldn't have advertised it and streamed it to everyone. It would be one thing if there was a question here or there, but they did a presentation to a group of end users who were expecting a gaming console but focused on everything but games. Then they got cagey when people asked their most burning questions about always online, used games, etc. As the phrase goes, "where there's smoke there's fire."  People are disappointed - maybe they are overreacting, but this is how the game is played. Round 1 went to Sony because they handled their reveal much, much better. It's up to Microsoft to manage expectations and handle controversy.

It's not our responsibility to play wait and see with Microsoft (although I still am, avatar aside slywink ) There's a lot of money at stake this holiday season, and it's Sony and Microsoft's job to try and get some of mine, not my job to try and look past their inept marketing.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 23, 2013, 02:34:44 PM »

"What the fuck are you thinking?!  A Big Mac for lunch?  What are you, a moron?  Whoppers are objectively superior."

But, but, but...this is true.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 23, 2013, 02:36:21 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 23, 2013, 01:59:01 PM

Both Sony and MS screwed up there reveal and anyone defending either company is just looking through rose colored glasses of their preferred brand. 

Hm, I thought Sony hit their reveal out of the park and I was in the MS camp this gen.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 23, 2013, 02:46:33 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 22, 2013, 09:32:47 PM

Quote from: TiLT on May 22, 2013, 08:33:48 PM

Then explain how the PS4 conference hasn't gone through the same kind of shit that Microsoft has been going through both before and after their conference.

Because people pay more attention to the prince than they do to the pauper?

Honestly, after posting something fanboi like this and then accusing everyone that disagrees with you or hated the Microsoft unveil as being fanboys...     

Anyway... the PS3 was hardly a "pauper"

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 23, 2013, 03:05:59 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 23, 2013, 02:36:21 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 23, 2013, 01:59:01 PM

Hm, I thought Sony hit their reveal out of the park and I was in the MS camp this gen.

Maybe Microsoft is getting complacent at the top and Sony is coming out hard and hungry to get their title back.

I am probably just going to get them both.  But, I guess we need more information first.  Hopefully Microsoft focuses on games at E3 and shows us some snazzy stuff. 

I wonder when game stop is going to start taking pre orders on the PS4 ?  I think I would like to start dropping off $50 bucks a payday and get a early start on a expensive Christmas 2013, heh.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 23, 2013, 03:06:19 PM »

Microsoft-we remain committed to Japan

Just a shame its not a two way street Tongue

Microsoft is preparing a renewed attempt of its twice-failed bid to break the Japan market, a senior executive has confirmed.

"We're committed to Japan," Mattrick said, as quoted by Official Xbox Magazine.

"We continue to build on our partnerships, we continue to build on our offerings for consumers inside of that space," he said.

"We think it's an important market, and we'll continue building on the working investment that we've done over all these years. I'm not going to go in to details of the launch until we talk to key partners and build a market strategy."

The original Xbox sold 2 million units in Japan during its cycle, yet the Xbox 360 performed weaker still, shifting about 1.5 million units by 2011.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 23, 2013, 03:25:28 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on May 23, 2013, 02:46:33 PM

Then explain how the PS4 conference hasn't gone through the same kind of shit that Microsoft has been going through both before and after their conference.

Honestly, after posting something fanboi like this and then accusing everyone that disagrees with you or hated the Microsoft unveil as being fanboys...     

It was a joke, Duncan. Read the thread.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 23, 2013, 03:27:18 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 23, 2013, 03:25:28 PM

Quote from: msduncan on May 23, 2013, 02:46:33 PM

It was a joke, Duncan. Read the thread.

Can I get a summary?   Powerpoint, less than 5 slides, short bullet points works best for me....

Thanks!    icon_biggrin
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: May 23, 2013, 03:31:01 PM »

I found the fanboy comments wide of the mark.

All i said so far was I felt Sony did a better job than MS. I'm not happy with what MS put out and that has put me off the Xbone for now. However until i hear what Sony confirms I may or may not  look more closely at the PS4. Also if Sony seems like MS closer to release I dont really fancy getting either of them. To add if they both come closer or match what we hope Sony is doing then it will be good all round.

Really I was hoping they would both be great and worth getting one of each.

Hopefully the current feedback may have a small influence on what really happens in the next few months and give me what I am looking for.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 23, 2013, 03:33:53 PM »

All of you will get at least one of them.   Don't even pretend like you won't.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 23, 2013, 05:02:08 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 23, 2013, 09:50:30 AM

xb1 will not support current gen gaming headsets

I have Turtle Beach X11 headsets and i love them,i would imagine it will be a few months before TB come out with anything new for the XB1

and this from the front page

controller will still need 2 AA Batteries

I like the idea of the AA batteries; when they die you just pop in new ones (or another rechargeable battery pack) and keep going without having to worry about needing to attach a cord.

I wonder if the TB headsets will work if you have them plugged into your TV instead of the console...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 23, 2013, 05:02:24 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on May 23, 2013, 03:33:53 PM

msduncan buying us all one of our choice!  YAY!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 23, 2013, 05:06:27 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on May 23, 2013, 03:27:18 PM

Can I get a summary?   Powerpoint, less than 5 slides, short bullet points works best for me....

things are set in stone until either console goes gold.
lots of Sony cocksucking, Nintendo must feel left out.
ROLLTIDE!
MS doesn't seem to care about Europe, but then again who does?
MS done took the crazy pills.

OK, maybe you can knock #3 out for it to come in under 5.

Because I can,
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #749 on: May 23, 2013, 05:14:25 PM »

The USA leading the drive to world wide domination in the DRM domain  icon_biggrin

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: May 23, 2013, 05:17:50 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on May 23, 2013, 05:14:25 PM

The USA leading the drive to world wide domination in the DRM domain  icon_biggrin

USA!

USA

USA!

or maybe DRM AMERICA, F*CK YEAH!!!

icon_lol

Because I can,
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 23, 2013, 05:39:20 PM »

While I'll probably end up with both, at this stage I think the  PS4 looks far more appealing and could see that as becoming my primary console next gen, whereas the 360 was my primary for this gen.   Though right now I'm mostly on the PC these days to the point I let Gold expire earlier in the year.

E3 could change that I guess, but PS4 seems to be the more powerful system, more game focused, and Sony is actively pursuing indie games (which is something I do care about).
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 23, 2013, 07:21:48 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 23, 2013, 05:02:24 PM

Quote from: msduncan on May 23, 2013, 03:33:53 PM

msduncan buying us all one of our choice!  YAY!

No, he's buying you the one you didn't choose.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #753 on: May 23, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »

Wait, what is Sony's stance on used games? Do you need the PS4 Eye toy? Does it work without it?

What does the PS4 look like?

Does it have a power brick?

What connections are on the back of it?

Can it render an old man's head?

Wait, scratch that last one - apparently it can. Tongue

My point being, Sony said exactly ZILCH about their gaming model. They've not even shown any console, and at best they showed their new controller. All the hullabaloo regarding licensing aside, MS has shown their interface (you now have a home screen that integrates more than just "games").

Right now I see a lot of comments leaning towards "PS4 [cuz I know what they're offering]". No, no you don't. You know you can share, you know they're working with indie developers to allow them to self-publish.

That, effectively, is all you know. So IMO ATB is right - go ahead and get upset about things said, but don't think that just because Sony hasn't revealed their stuff yet that it's going to be any better than what MS has been willing to say.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #754 on: May 23, 2013, 07:34:09 PM »

Quote from: Purge on May 23, 2013, 07:31:52 PM

Wait, what is Sony's stance on used games? Do you need the PS4 Eye toy? Does it work without it?

My point being, Sony said exactly ZILCH about their gaming model. They've not even shown any console, and at best they showed their new controller. All the hullabaloo regarding licensing aside, MS has shown their interface (you now have a home screen that integrates more than just "games").

Right now I see a lot of comments leaning towards "PS4 [cuz I know what they're offering]". No, no you don't. You know you can share, you know they're working with indie developers to allow them to self-publish.

That, effectively, is all you know. So IMO ATB is right - go ahead and get upset about things said, but don't think that just because Sony hasn't revealed their stuff yet that it's going to be any better than what MS has been willing to say.

Let me sum up your post:

"I have several different ways of saying that Sony didn't show the PS4 box at their conference, and I didn't pay attention to the rest."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #755 on: May 23, 2013, 07:35:25 PM »

Not with regards to the points that seem to chafe your shorts on the X1.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 23, 2013, 07:37:30 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 23, 2013, 05:02:08 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 23, 2013, 09:50:30 AM

xb1 will not support current gen gaming headsets

I have Turtle Beach X11 headsets and i love them,i would imagine it will be a few months before TB come out with anything new for the XB1

and this from the front page

controller will still need 2 AA Batteries

I like the idea of the AA batteries; when they die you just pop in new ones (or another rechargeable battery pack) and keep going without having to worry about needing to attach a cord.

I wonder if the TB headsets will work if you have them plugged into your TV instead of the console...

I don't think the issue is the audio, it's the voice chat part.

I'm also a fine with rechargeable batteries - I use the Duracell ones for a lot of stuff around the house. Kind of like the dedicated power packs and rechargers they use now, but this is fine with me. I wonder if I used my PS3 more if they controllers would be dead.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #757 on: May 23, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »

Quote from: Purge on May 23, 2013, 07:35:25 PM

Not with regards to the points that seem to chafe your shorts on the X1.

Alright, let me do it one more time in detail then:

Quote from: Purge on May 23, 2013, 07:31:52 PM

Yes and no, from what I can recall. It's included in the box.

Three sentences about the same thing doesn't make it three points. We don't know anything about what the PS4 looks like because Sony didn't show us, and they made it clear they wouldn't show us until E3. Microsoft had no such clarity in their conference, instead either not talking about things without clarifying why or when we'd hear more, or having their representatives contradict each other. There is a huge difference between how these two companies handled the things they didn't want to show.

I bow down in awe of your fabulous wit.

My point being, Sony said exactly ZILCH about their gaming model.

On the contrary. They started their conference by presenting the specs for the console, going into greater detail than Microsoft did. Microsoft rushed past the specs, keeping the slide on the screen just long enough for people to notice there was a slide there, but not long enough to read it.

They've not even shown any console, and at best they showed their new controller.

Again about them not showing the console. Are you done yet?

All the hullabaloo regarding licensing aside, MS has shown their interface (you now have a home screen that integrates more than just "games").

Sony showed their interface too. You just weren't paying attention. They even released screenshots of it after the conference.

You really missed the point here. Sony showed all the things they needed to show before E3 to pique people's interest, except the physical look of the console itself (which probably was a mistake from a PR perspective, though I suspect they might not have had the design finalized at the time). Microsoft showed off all the things nobody wanted to hear about, and left out everything else. When cornered, they couldn't form a coherent answer. They couldn't even say "we'll talk about this at E3" without having some other representative contradict them immediately after. It was a mess.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 23, 2013, 08:10:06 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 23, 2013, 07:37:30 PM

I don't think the issue is the audio, it's the voice chat part.

it sounds like that's one of the functions of the new Kinect.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #759 on: May 23, 2013, 08:16:05 PM »

You mean gamers are the life-force of the market? I think you need to look at the Wii's success and re-evaluate what Microsoft was aiming at. Perhaps you thought MS's presentation was for you - and that would be missing their point.

But I do agree with you that they should have ball-gagged Phil Harrison. It wouldn't surprise me if he was replaced in the near future. His speculation has hurt the product line, no doubt - the presentation from MS was clearly not aimed at gamers, but at their new potential market and it came across as flat. This is also par for the course for MS.

Currently, I'm listening to Mark Cerny as I type this - revisiting the PS4 release. I'm going to see how it holds up - this was from ~10 weeks ago and while it failed to impress me - I'm willing to give it a second look.

It's funny - he's echoing what I just said about courting the developers. Developers hate used games market, because others profit from their work. I can't see PS4 going in that direction.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: