http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 09:39:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 64871 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 21, 2013, 09:59:47 PM »

What's gone on in the world that ATB is the voice of reason and Teggy is over-reacting?  Someone help me please.

(and I think it looks just fine, I don't care what the console looks like as long as it isn't an eyesore)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 21, 2013, 10:00:54 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 21, 2013, 09:59:47 PM

What's gone on in the world that ATB is the voice of reason and Teggy is over-reacting?  Someone help me please.

Kato can hold you.  I think you just need to break down and propose slywink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 21, 2013, 10:02:24 PM »

this site has gone very slow

anyway

and then there is also this

http://kotaku.com/5986055/sony-wed-like-a-straight-answer-about-this-used-games-stuff

"We are just now announcing the basic vision and strategy of PS4 and will have more information to share regarding used games later this year. But PlayStation has a long history of keeping its gamers happy and we won't make decisions that damage our relationship with them."

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 21, 2013, 10:03:06 PM »

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a feeand not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that gamein order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Lets assume its a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

The fee is FULL RETAIL PRICE.  frown

Goodbye Gamefly!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 21, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »

ouch.

Because I can,
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: May 21, 2013, 10:13:51 PM »

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

The article with the quote.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 21, 2013, 10:23:16 PM »

Who are you going to believe "XBOX Support 3" or Phil Harrison?

I'm not overreacting - all I know is that I've seen two presentations and Sony wowed me and Microsoft did not. If the fee stuff is true that's a significant deal for me since I like to trade my physical games to other people. Also, I will likely be able to play 80-90% of XO exclusives on PC.

E3 is coming up and I will be watching. I haven't put any money down anywhere yet, so Microsoft still has a chance. But let's put it this way, say I budget $1000 for gaming this fall - right now I feel like I'd get the most bang with a PS4 and a GTX 780 than a PS4 and an XO.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 21, 2013, 10:24:08 PM »

Also in that same article, you need to activate every game over the internet before you can play it.

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as youd like," Harrison said.

Thanks for giving me permission to play a game I just purchased, Mr. Harrison! Though, if my internet is down....I guess I am SOL. Oh well....

This whole thing just sounds worse and worse.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 21, 2013, 10:36:06 PM »

is someone messing with the forums?,the font size has changed and its really slow

really?today of all days??

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 21, 2013, 10:36:15 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on May 21, 2013, 10:24:08 PM

Also in that same article, you need to activate every game over the internet before you can play it.

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as youd like," Harrison said.

Thanks for giving me permission to play a game I just purchased, Mr. Harrison! Though, if my internet is down....I guess I am SOL. Oh well....

I just hope they keep that BS away from the PC... oh, wait, welcome console players! biggrin

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 21, 2013, 10:41:30 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 21, 2013, 10:36:06 PM

is someone messing with the forums?,the font size has changed and its really slow

Try hitting ctrl+0?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 21, 2013, 10:42:33 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 21, 2013, 10:36:06 PM

it seems to be running fine for me.

Because I can,
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 21, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 21, 2013, 10:36:15 PM

I just hope they keep that BS away from the PC... oh, wait, welcome console players! biggrin

lol...yeah that is true....but here is something I saw on NeoGaf:

PC vs Xbox 1

Xbox1
 _________
 Have to install all games.
 You can play with friends on live for a fee.
 You can't sell your games that you activated, though you may get partial credit for the game by deactivating it on your system and "trading" it into Microsoft
 You can't upgrade your console's performance.

PC
 _____
 You can play with friends on Steam, Games For Windows Live, Origin, the internets for free.
 You can't sell your games that you activated, but you may install it on maybe 3 different systems depending on drm. hmm
 You can totally pimp out your PC.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:46:59 PM by Hetz » Logged

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: May 21, 2013, 10:46:48 PM »

And just like that, my Father-in-law cannot own this system.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 21, 2013, 10:47:57 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on May 21, 2013, 10:44:11 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 21, 2013, 10:36:15 PM

lol...yeah that is true....but here is something I saw on NeoGaf:

PC vs Xbox 1

Xbox1
 _________
 You can play with friends on live for a fee.
 You can't sell your games that you activated.
 You can't upgrade your console's performance.

PC
 _____
 You can play with friends on Steam, Games For Windows Live, Origin, the internets for free.
 You can't sell your games that you activated, but you may install it on maybe 3 different systems depending on drm. hmm
 You can totally pimp out your PC.

yep, except 'You can't sell your games that you activated, but you may install it on maybe 3 different systems depending on drm. hmm'.  depending on what DRM is being used it may be tied to your account, just like what they seem to be doing with XBone.

heh.. Xbone.

Because I can,
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 21, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »

Here is a handy chart...Xbox 360 vs Xbox One

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:59 PM »

maybe I missed it, but is your account tied to only one XBone?  if you go to your buddies and log in using your account will it recognize that you are playing on a different XBone and try to charge you?  I keep seeing 'linked to your XBL account' and not 'linked to your XBone'.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 21, 2013, 10:55:35 PM »

LOL,this Eurogamer article has updated again with that Twitter Xbox Support info,the whole thing is depressingly hilarious now

Update 3: Xbox Support's Twitter has announced that there won't be a fee to share games with friends.

When asked if one could lend a game to a mate without them paying for it, Xbox Support confirmed, "You will not have to pay a *fee*. I can confirm that those reports are wrong."

This suggests that the purported "fee" is really just a game sale that you could happen to attain through a friend's disc, but you could just as well borrow a game without purchasing indefinite access to it.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 21, 2013, 10:56:12 PM »

And now the other shoe drops...

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

Kotaku: If Im playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe its 24 hours.

Kotaku: Id have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

#dealwithit

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 21, 2013, 10:59:52 PM »

that funny angry big guy is back
http://kotaku.com/francis-weighs-in-on-the-xbox-one-with-great-terrifyin-509149972?autoplay=1

Quote from: Hetz on May 21, 2013, 10:56:12 PM

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

Kotaku: If Im playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

#dealwithit

Clusterfuck

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: May 21, 2013, 11:00:07 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on May 21, 2013, 10:56:12 PM

but then this page says:

Q:    Does Xbox One require an always on Internet connection?
A:    No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. Were designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection.

at this point I'm not sure anyone know what they're talking about.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: May 21, 2013, 11:04:23 PM »

So, I think rumors ended up true that MS hastily redid part of their always online requirement into whatever weird fiasco this is now after backlash.

They now get to say they don't require always online, but still going to make you stay online.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 21, 2013, 11:08:13 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 21, 2013, 10:59:52 PM

"For only $4.99 a month, you'll be able to access the cable tv that you're paying $75 a month for" icon_lol

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 21, 2013, 11:09:22 PM »

To be honest, the always online was the one bit I cared least about because my console is always online.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 21, 2013, 11:09:55 PM »

I'd bet that 95% of people who have an xbox or a ps4 has it connected online...  The other 5%?  Well, times are changing, time to adapt.  I really don't see the issue.  This type of thing happens all the time as technology/features change. 
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: May 21, 2013, 11:16:08 PM »

People are quick to come out to say that, and I do agree to an extent. However, there are always going to be connectivity issues, even on the small scale. It is a problem, but it's also a bigger problem in how they utilize it. Always online to me meant a system like ubisoft's, and we know that gets horrible. This 24 hour system is acceptable.

Then, there are those people as already described that aren't in well connected areas, which was one of the points brought up previously. I may be always connected, but some of my close friends aren't.
davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #546 on: May 21, 2013, 11:16:55 PM »

Quote from: naednek on May 21, 2013, 11:09:55 PM

I'd bet that 95% of people who have an xbox or a ps4 has it connected online...  The other 5%?  Well, times are changing, time to adapt.  I really don't see the issue.  This type of thing happens all the time as technology/features change. 
i doubt it's that high. I mean, there are large sections of middle America that have spotty connection at best. What about them?

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 21, 2013, 11:17:35 PM »

Oh my, this is pretty brilliant from this point forward (same Francis video posted above)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyD1VlQdj2s&t=3m8s

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 21, 2013, 11:17:57 PM »

Quote from: davidrobots on May 21, 2013, 11:16:55 PM

i doubt it's that high. I mean, there are large sections of middle America that have spotty connection at best. What about them?

They should move #dealwithit

Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 21, 2013, 11:18:22 PM »

That it's not a problem for you doesn't mean it isn't a problem for other people, there's still (as crazy as it sounds) lots of places where having a good connection just isn't possible and you pulling a 5% number out of your ass is far from correct. The only actual numbers and stats I remember seeing are from 2010, but they will do :

Seventy-eight percent of PS3 users have the console connected to the internet, while Xbox 360 has 73 percent and Wii has 54 percent, according to Diffusion Group director of research Michael Greeson.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28058/Study_PS3_Has_Highest_Percentage_Of_Connected_Consoles.php#.URK9z0p2Fi4
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: May 21, 2013, 11:20:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 21, 2013, 09:29:12 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 21, 2013, 09:20:53 PM

So here is where I'm angry - Rock Band.   I and others on this forum have a plethora of Rock Band songs that we'd love to continue to play, but that's just not gonna happen without running two systems.  Similarly, anything you have on XBLA is now trash.  Those are purely digital - there is no reason they couldn't be ported.  Hell, give me an option to pay a fee to move it and I'm happy....but no.  Instead, locked out completely. 

I wonder how much of an impact this will have on sales figures for games coming out via XBLA over the coming months.

I bought a 360 slim just for Rockband since I've spent so much money on it and I knew backwards compat would not be an option on the new consoles.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 21, 2013, 11:21:18 PM »

its not that my xbox or PS3 are always connected

but there are times when my Internet goes down,so there would be no playing games while i wait for it to be fixed

I changed my Internet Provider a few months back and it took them 5 business days to get the new one up,so there would be no playing games in that time

My sister despises connecting the 360 to the internet,as she does not play online with games and the rest(which i agree with her)is BS that is on the dashboard,she doesn't care about the latest crap MS has to offer,nor does she care about her friends list and what they are playing

some people just want to buy a game and put it into their system and play the game...i know,sounds crazy doesn't it(?)

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 21, 2013, 11:23:59 PM »

You realize the last guy who told people to get with the times over this "always connected" thing caused such an uproar that he got fired, right?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 21, 2013, 11:25:01 PM »

Torches and Happiness!

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 21, 2013, 11:23:59 PM

You realize the last guy who told people to get with the times over this "always connected" thing caused such an uproar that he got fired, right?

Because I can,
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 21, 2013, 11:28:59 PM »

This is just like any other news story.  Reporting. Misreporting. Facts stated. Facts dismissed.

Let's wait for the story, specs and actual capabilities of both the next gen consoles to solidify before the fanboy lines start forming, shall we?

(how'd I do hark?)
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: May 21, 2013, 11:30:48 PM »

And now that I see [XBOX One] popping up in the forum thread titles, I'm pretty sure I hate the name.

Xbox Unity or something else to evoke the all in one box would have been better.

thumbsdown
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 21, 2013, 11:34:53 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 21, 2013, 11:30:48 PM

And now that I see [XBOX One] popping up in the forum thread titles, I'm pretty sure I hate the name.

I'm just going to use [XB1], really doesn't make sense to type the whole thing out.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 21, 2013, 11:36:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 21, 2013, 11:34:53 PM

I'm just going to use [XB1], really doesn't make sense to type the whole thing out.

Oh, I am totally calling this thing the  "X Bone".

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 21, 2013, 11:42:09 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 21, 2013, 11:28:59 PM

This is just like any other news story.  Reporting. Misreporting. Facts stated. Facts dismissed.

Let's wait for the story, specs and actual capabilities of both the next gen consoles to solidify before the fanboy lines start forming, shall we?

(how'd I do hark?)

But this is the day when all the crap was supposed to be put to bed,and instead they have confused everyone more

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 21, 2013, 11:42:39 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 21, 2013, 11:36:54 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 21, 2013, 11:34:53 PM

Oh, I am totally calling this thing the  "X Bone".

LOL!

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: