http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 04:14:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 71407 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2013, 09:19:03 PM »

Eurogamer

The next Xbox will operate similarly to Google TV and overlay its features and UI on top of existing stations, suggests a report by The Verge citing several sources familiar with Microsoft.

The report also noted that the next generation version of Kinect will be able to detect multiple people better as well as eye movement. This will be used to pause the TV when people look away. This feature is said to be used in Google's TV plans outside of just games.

I am not interested in any of that and that eye movement thing pausing my TV sounds ridiculous ...hurry up Microsoft with official details,because this is sounding worse and worse as time goes on

I like some of the comments on EG
Sounds like the infamous scene from A Clockwork Orange

You will watch our adverts, looking away won't help you!

I hope the next Xbox plays games.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2013, 09:30:44 PM »

Sorry for double post but these 'reports' are coming out of the woodwork now,and this ones a doozy

CVG

Microsoft's next-generation Xbox, codenamed Durango, will not require an always-online internet connection and will work in tandem with a new Xbox 360 add-on for backwards compatibility.

That's according to VGLeaks, citing a source as saying that the console will have always-online functionality, but the lack of connection will not prevent users from playing local content, and it will also not prevent the use of second-hand games.

This comes in direct contrast to previous controversial rumours which have suggested all content on the new console will be locked without a live connection to the internet.

VGLeaks reports that those rumours are actually likely linked to the new 'reoriented' Xbox 360, which it says will be a small device pitched as a cheap - around $149 or lower - set-top media box with added 360 and XBLA game support to compete with Apple TV.

Interestingly, the report claims this new Xbox 360 "is likely to not" have its own disc drive, and all content will need to be downloaded digitally. However, connecting it directly with Durango will allow users to play disc-based Xbox 360 games on their Durango console with the help of the add-on Xbox.

"Putting in an Xbox 360 disc into Durango will prompt the user to attach the supporting device that is sold separately. By separating the two devices and their functions it will ensure price competitiveness for both pieces of hardware," says the report.

so if you want to play 360 games on your 'Durango',you have to buy another 360,one that is compatible with the new Xbox retard

These rumours are getting out of hand ............last month!

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2013, 10:55:31 PM »

I would be completely fine with that, assuming I can move my saves over.

Or assuming they finally come up with a better way to load your saves to the cloud.

Sony does this incredibly well, I don't know why it's such a pain on the Xbox.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2013, 12:52:41 AM »

Remember that one guy?  Well he's not with MS anymore:

http://kotaku.com/microsofts-adam-orth-the-always-on-tweeter-no-long-472244698
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2013, 09:00:36 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on April 11, 2013, 12:52:41 AM

Sorry dude resign/lost his job but he had to know this wouldn't end well.

Saying that what MO posted is appearing on other sites and I wouldn't be surprised if MS is seeding these stories due to the negative press

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2013, 09:25:54 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on April 11, 2013, 09:00:36 AM

Saying that what MO posted is appearing on other sites and I wouldn't be surprised if MS is seeding these stories due to the negative press

Yeah, that's my thought as well. If the new rumor is true, that doesn't mean the others weren't. Microsoft may have changed things and are now trying to control the rumor flow to make it look like the original rumors were wrong all along. Of course, this is all speculation.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2013, 04:59:33 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 11, 2013, 09:25:54 AM

Quote from: Soulchilde on April 11, 2013, 09:00:36 AM

Yeah, that's my thought as well. If the new rumor is true, that doesn't mean the others weren't. Microsoft may have changed things and are now trying to control the rumor flow to make it look like the original rumors were wrong all along. Of course, this is all speculation.
It would make sense though.  That's SOP in the business world, leaking rumors can be free marketing. 
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2013, 07:52:34 PM »

Remember that one guy?  Well he's not with MS anymore

Come on, we knew this would happen.  Prophet Francis (the fat guy on youtube who uses an axe to break his xbox) predicted it in that video "..soon to be fired Adam Orth".
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2013, 07:10:18 PM »

Latest rumor is that not only is there no always online, but every box will have a 360 chip inside for full BC.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2013, 07:46:09 PM »

I heard it will make pancakes AND sorbet AND every time you fire it up an angel gets its wings.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2013, 09:41:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 16, 2013, 07:46:09 PM

I heard it will make pancakes AND sorbet AND every time you fire it up an angel gets its wings.

That's because it'll be ringing my bell.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2013, 03:46:24 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 10, 2013, 04:02:02 PM

Purge, you should actually read the rumors

I've made my point - I've watched trailers of movies where clips never make it to final product.
Developers have been given direction, and that isn't final gospel. It's ... rumour?

What I find the funniest is that this is coming from a person who clearly has no interest in the product. What was your motivation in this thread again? slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2013, 04:26:23 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 16, 2013, 09:41:02 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 16, 2013, 07:46:09 PM

That's because it'll be ringing my bell.

so that's where the sorbet comes from....

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2013, 04:29:05 AM »

Quote from: Purge on April 18, 2013, 03:46:24 AM

Quote from: TiLT on April 10, 2013, 04:02:02 PM

Purge, you should actually read the rumors

I've made my point - I've watched trailers of movies where clips never make it to final product.
Developers have been given direction, and that isn't final gospel. It's ... rumour?

Yeah, you made your point, and it was totally irrelevant and outdated before you even clicked the Post button.

What I find the funniest is that this is coming from a person who clearly has no interest in the product. What was your motivation in this thread again? slywink

On the contrary. If you've paid attention, you'll have noticed that I'm quite possibly the person here with the biggest interest in this new console generation. I'm very interested in what Microsoft will come up with, regardless of whether I end up buying it or not (I have every major console, both portable and stationary, released since and including the 360, except the Wii U). That I'm critical of Microsoft's business choices for the Xbox brand doesn't change that.

You on the other hand have shown that you have no interest in rumors to the point where you won't even read them before shouting your opinion as if it mattered. What's your motivation in this thread again?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2013, 02:54:33 PM »

The only outdated was your "facts" in my response - hence why I let it sit as-is. There isn't anything in there that is incorrect.

TiLT, I don't consider you a Sony fanboy, and I understand your part of the world sees more PS3 players than 360 players. I also agree that both online stores are cumbersome and need revamping, and that the PSN has come a long way.

If I still had my PS3 and it was my primary console, I'd probably have a PSN+ account given the free games. MS has just started pushing the "bargain bin" type benefits for gold customers, and if Sony weren't doing that already, I doubt they'd do it (although dev pressure may help as they'd rather sell old products and have an injection of players on their games, keeping them relevant).

Quote from: TiLT on April 06, 2013, 07:54:17 AM

[... (click link for full message - I'm not stripping this out to lose original context) ]
Having said that, I sure hope Microsoft has an ace up their sleeve, because right now I can't see anything about the Durango to convince me that I need one in addition to the PS4.

From this I can gather that you've made your decision to buy a PS4, based solely on your PS3 experience and a couple of videos that you've seen. PS4 isn't even fully revealed and you're in. Cool. Nothing wrong with that. You don't need much convincing - you've already committed yourself, in your mind to be a PS4 owner.

I, on the other hand, had a different PS3 experience, and I found it lacking. I was annoyed with the stripping of features as it aged, and the violation of my personal info based on an old apache build is inexcusable. inFamous wasn't enough to fix that, though I didn't mind playing through it the second time around. It should also be noted that I have at least two dozen game licenses on PSN, including Flower (which I loved) and Journey (which was good-but-not-great). Having friends on both platforms, I'd not cry to jump from one to the other - but Sony has to work for it. So far, better graphics are what I expect all around. It was also good for me to have the current gen consoles for review purposes.

The Durango, on the other hand, may well win this because of the features it brings. With the possibility of illumiroom, the "I'm your PVR" and Kinect 2.0 (with facial movement recognition and digit representation), assuming BC for all my Xbox titles, there is something other than pink-glowie-controller-motion involved. I'd love to see a Steel Battalion game that didn't suck. I'd love to have more immersion, but not lose out on using controllers where it makes sense. I don't want to jump around my livingroom the whole time, but I certainly don't mind my kids doing so (he loves the Kinect Party and Fruit Ninja).

And I still haven't made up my mind. Sony has failed to impress me yet, and MS hasn't said anything. All the rumblings and rumours were just that. Whether the rumblings caused the rumours to become invalid is speculation. BC, always on, twitter responses - interesting, but not grounded in fact - merely speculation. I'm not asking people to discuss it, but don't expect me to chase down every rumour when I'm not looking for a wild-eyed glimpse based on what someone who is unwilling or unable to reveal themselves, is willing to say on the Internet. You think devs don't have biases either?

TL;DR? My motivation in this thread is to get information that isn't hear-say. I see this thread update, and I come in hoping to get _news_. That's all. smile
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:03:02 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2013, 03:51:33 PM »

no news, just slowly killing Purge's dream.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »

*Fist Shaking*

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2013, 05:19:02 PM »

May 21st:

Because I can,
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2013, 05:33:05 PM »

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/24/xboxreveal/
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 24, 2013, 05:51:26 PM »

Well, depending on where most of you end up is the system I will be getting

Looking forward to the reveal

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: April 24, 2013, 06:49:29 PM »

Exciting! It's also completely hilarious how both Sony and Microsoft have been deliberately not confirming their console before their reveal conference. It's not like they're fooling anyone. Tongue
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/24/source-next-xbox-reveal-set-for-may-21.aspx
[Update #2] Major Nelson has posted a countdown to the event on his blog. He also states that the event will be about the "vision for Xbox," while E3 (a scant 19 days later) will be the showcase for the "full lineup of blockbuster games."

so,I am wondering if they are just going to say yup,"new Xbox" and nothing else,if the games come later..probably even the specs and actual look of the new xbox as well

EDIT; Oh nevermind,that's what TiLT is getting at i suppose
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 07:39:40 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 24, 2013, 07:52:27 PM »

A new vision = how we try to keep justifying you pay us for Xbox live Gold.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: April 24, 2013, 07:54:12 PM »

They'll do something similar to Sony's press conference, but they'll have the benefit of being last. This means they'll be able to adjust their message to trump the PS4 in an as optimal way as possible. If they can't do that, by not having convinced people after the conference that the new Xbox will be superior, Microsoft will truly have an uphill battle. I think they'll come through with a good message though. Whether or not it'll appeal to gamers or casuals is too early to say. PS4 went straight for the gamers and stayed there, so it's natural to assume that Microsoft will try to separate themselves by focusing on the casual stuff (multimedia capabilities, most likely), and Microsoft hasn't really focused on gamers for a while anyway.

The assumption is that Sony will have the upper hand by being first. They might decide to be assholes and trump what they expect the Microsoft conference to be about by holding their own reveal just before or just after, showing off their own multimedia features (which they have quite deliberately held back so far, likely because of this exact reason). Then again, it's Sony. They don't always act in a rational, predictable way.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: April 24, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »

Sony is a capable company with some fantastic sharp-shooters.

Too bad their spotters keep getting them to aim at their own feet. I really hope that Sony can walk tall this release. As for MS, well, let's hope they have the hardware down pat this time. Floating chips for the lose.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2013, 08:47:59 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 24, 2013, 07:37:46 PM

so,I am wondering if they are just going to say yup,"new Xbox" and nothing else

I'd LOL if they did this, and buy the console just because biggrin

Because I can,
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2013, 01:30:41 AM »

Quote from: Jumangi on April 24, 2013, 07:52:27 PM

Yep. 3.00 a month for the best MP service in the world is tough to swallow.  Roll Eyes
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2013, 02:29:12 AM »

Quote from: ATB on April 25, 2013, 01:30:41 AM

Yep. 3.00 a month for the best MP service in the world is tough to swallow.  Roll Eyes

Gotta agree with the sensuous of lettuce

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2013, 04:24:37 AM »

Oh, has there already been a review of the MP services for PS4 and the new Xbox? Link!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2013, 08:48:12 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 25, 2013, 04:24:37 AM

Oh, has there already been a review of the MP services for PS4 and the new Xbox? Link!

Bam,aaaaaannnnd we're off!!  Tongue

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »

Pay to be able to have MP...how funny you console gamers are.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2013, 10:14:36 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 25, 2013, 08:48:12 AM

Quote from: TiLT on April 25, 2013, 04:24:37 AM

Bam,aaaaaannnnd we're off!!  Tongue

My thoughts exactly  nod

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2013, 04:42:29 PM »

More rumours

Microsoft will release its new under-wraps Xbox console in early November, a fresh report has suggested

Thurrot also previously claimed that the new Xbox would be released at two specific price points - $499 and $299 - with the latter including some form of subscription.

That subscription will be a fixed two-year Xbox Live Gold commitment, Thurrot has now said, priced around $10 a month. This price option is the most costly over time, although will obviously be a cheaper initial outlay.

if that is the only difference between the two models(there being two prices we have heard before) if that turns out to be true,then i may as well go for the cheaper model but i am guessing it wont be

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2013, 06:51:25 PM »

So, one option costs $499 then, and the other $539. Too bad tons of people are going to see nothing but $299 and think "oh, that's cheap!". Subscriptions are never cheap. It might be easy to say "I would have had Xbox Live anyway", but that's one hell of a thing to assume that you'd want for two years when we don't even know how it will work for the new console, least of all whether or not it will offer ANY advantage over the PS4.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2013, 06:57:53 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 25, 2013, 04:42:29 PM

More rumours

Microsoft will release its new under-wraps Xbox console in early November, a fresh report has suggested

Thurrot also previously claimed that the new Xbox would be released at two specific price points - $499 and $299 - with the latter including some form of subscription.

That subscription will be a fixed two-year Xbox Live Gold commitment, Thurrot has now said, priced around $10 a month. This price option is the most costly over time, although will obviously be a cheaper initial outlay.

if that is the only difference between the two models(there being two prices we have heard before) if that turns out to be true,then i may as well go for the cheaper model but i am guessing it wont be

I agree.  I'd go with the $299 option because I'd be paying for XBL anyways if I got the neXtBox.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2013, 08:45:31 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 25, 2013, 06:51:25 PM

So, one option costs $499 then, and the other $539. Too bad tons of people are going to see nothing but $299 and think "oh, that's cheap!". Subscriptions are never cheap. It might be easy to say "I would have had Xbox Live anyway", but that's one hell of a thing to assume that you'd want for two years when we don't even know how it will work for the new console, least of all whether or not it will offer ANY advantage over the PS4.

You're begging the question with this statement. Person interested in buying X is not necessarily interested in buying Y. There are reasons not to want to buy _either_ product that have nothing to do with competition - so a base comparison doesn't match.

In terms of purchase history for myself, for instance, I bought games in the following order:

PC
_
_
Xbox360
PS3

Wii didn't factor in at all, even though there were multi-platform titles that hit all three or four platforms.

We're not privy to the details yet, but from a Gold account holder, I can see where 299.99 could be a viable option. If I were to consider purchasing a Durango at the 499 price point, and then spend another 60/year on Live, I would be spending 620. At 300 + 240, I'd be saving money assuming I was going to keep a gold account.

FWIW, my gold account has been active (and well used) over the past 10 years since beta.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2013, 11:20:33 PM »

It's looking more and more like I will be a (very) late adopter for the next gen.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 26, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »

another day another bunch of rumours
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/403449/rumour-next-xbox-to-introduce-broader-achievements-video-capture/

The next Xbox will introduce new social network elements, video capture functions and 'cross-game' Achievements, according to a new report.

Polygon reports that Microsoft will more closely position Xbox Live to social networks such as Twitter and Facebook, by adding the ability to 'follow' other users and removing the current friends cap.
According to its sources, the unnamed next-gen console will include the ability to capture video during gameplay and then share it online, similar to the PlayStation 4's share button.

Currently the next Xbox will allow users to review captured gameplay and select highlights, Polygon reports. The function can be turned off or set to automatically record during certain in-game events such as FPS headshots or specific Achievements, it says.

The report claims that more control will be handed to creators for how their Achievements work on the new console.

Developers will be able to add new Achievements post-launch without DLC, it says, and tie the rewards to a broader set of events, such as weekend challenges and cross-title accomplishments, such as finishing the first chapter in two different games by the same company.

Microsoft has confirmed it will reveal its next-gen plans at a special event on May 21.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2013, 10:38:10 AM »

IllumiRoom

This was rumoured awhile ago,where it projects images onto the wall surrounding your TV...can't say i am excited for it,don't have a coffee table,MS always think that their living rooms and play areas are the same as everyone elses

video in the link(30 seconds)-EDIT:actually there are two videos,1 for 30 seconds and 1 for 1:16

Microsoft’s cutting-edge IllumiRoom technology, which turns rooms into game worlds, may be a part of the next Xbox.

That’s the suggestion from a new video which describes the tech in the following fashion: "IllumiRoom envisions a next-generation gaming console with a projector that sits on your coffee table and surrounds your television with projected light."

"IllumiRoom can extend the gaming content out of your TV, creating a truly immersive experience. Or we can selectively show game elements, like explosions, or make it snow in our living room."

The video arrives ahead of a new demonstration of IllumiRoom at the CHI 2013 event in Paris tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:40:41 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: April 29, 2013, 01:07:22 PM »

I don't know if you have to place it on a coffee table. It seemed like Kinect technology was involved with "looking" at your setup.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: