http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 02:23:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 72127 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: July 17, 2014, 06:24:49 PM »

Microsoft to shutter Xbox Entertainment Studios

Following the 18,000 layoffs Microsoft announced this morning, the tech giant has also confirmed reports that it will be closing its Xbox Entertainment Studios division within the next few months.

Though the closure of Xbox Entertainment Studios will drastically reduce Microsoft's plans for original Xbox programming, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios Phil Spencer claims that a few key projects will live on. "Xbox will continue to support and deliver interactive sports content like 'NFL on Xbox,' and we will continue to enhance our entertainment offering on console by innovating the TV experience through the monthly console updates," Spencer wrote in a statement to Recode.

According to Variety, it also appears likely that the Ridley Scott-produced Halo prequel Halo: Nightfall will survive the death of Xbox Entertainment Studios, both because it's quite a ways into development already and because Microsoft is currently in negotiations with Showtime to broadcast the series on premium cable alongside its Xbox debut.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3441 on: July 17, 2014, 06:27:59 PM »

I guess that doesn't disappoint me too much.  Other than always wanting more competition for things like Netflix and cable to drive better shows everywhere.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: July 17, 2014, 06:43:27 PM »

This bit from Phil Spencer's memo though might be a little concerning

Microsoft is the productivity and platform company for a mobile-first and cloud-first world, and games are the single biggest digital life category in a mobile-first world.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: August 19, 2014, 01:25:56 PM »

ReddX Reddit app now available on the XB1 with some nice voice control features.   Not a huge Reddiit user, but I might actually download the app to try it out

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: August 21, 2014, 03:09:15 PM »

Looks like a new feature was added into the current preview build for XB1.  Gold member can demo certain games for 24 hours

DLNA support off the USB stick was added as well

NiM$
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: August 21, 2014, 04:21:01 PM »

I'm happy to see DLNA support.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: September 04, 2014, 01:36:38 PM »

This is a sign you're getting your butt kicked Buy a Xbox One and get a game free Game value has to be 59.99 or less and disc based.  This includes bundles.  US only and select retailers from 9/7 - 9/13
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:00:44 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

NiM$
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: September 04, 2014, 01:59:32 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 04, 2014, 01:36:38 PM

This is a sign you're getting your butt kicked Buy and Xbox One and get a game free Game value has to be 59.99 or less and disc based.  This includes bundles.  US only and select retailers from 9/7 - 9/13

Another sign is the fact that they still haven't released actual sales figures. When Sony does it any chance they get.

I would also like to see sales figures by country. Assuming that the Bone has sold 6 millions consoles, how many of those are in the US? Is this a case where the console will do well in the US because of brand loyalty but fail miserably in all other significant markets?

Either way 6 million consoles in less than a year is nothing to laugh at and even if the Bone "loses" this generation it will still be a major player.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:44:14 PM by Scraper » Logged

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Mystic95Z

View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: September 04, 2014, 06:22:44 PM »

I'll be getting the Madden bundle + Destiny for the freebie.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: September 04, 2014, 06:48:30 PM »

I think these incentives are smart. If I hadn't pre-ordered the Xbox One Sunset Overdrive bundle coming in October I would have probably jumped on this and a copy of Diablo.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3450 on: September 04, 2014, 07:17:35 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 04, 2014, 01:59:32 PM

Either way 6 million consoles in less than a year is nothing to laugh at and even if the Bone "loses" this generation it will still be a major player.

IIRC, they're way ahead of where the 360 was at the same time in its release.  It's just that the PS4 is ahead of where both were...
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: September 04, 2014, 08:32:56 PM »

Msft looks like an awfully temping short, with Windows 8, Windows Phone, the surface and the Xbone. 

Just saying, don't wish it for those that have the Xbone, but I'd imagine things in Seattle aren't all that pleasant.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: September 05, 2014, 11:20:02 AM »

What would happen if a console release was held and nobody came?

Japan
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3453 on: September 09, 2014, 12:38:05 PM »

Media Player DLNA and MKV support – Members of the preview program who have also downloaded the latest version of the Media Player app will now have support for DLNA streaming. With this update, you will be able to easily access and play music, watch photo slideshows or movies stored on home media servers and devices that support the DLNA server protocols. Additionally, you will now be able to playback MKV files stored on a USB device or a device on your home network that supports DLNA streaming.

Win.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: September 09, 2014, 02:05:41 PM »

Quote from: Purge on September 09, 2014, 12:38:05 PM

Media Player DLNA and MKV support – Members of the preview program who have also downloaded the latest version of the Media Player app will now have support for DLNA streaming. With this update, you will be able to easily access and play music, watch photo slideshows or movies stored on home media servers and devices that support the DLNA server protocols. Additionally, you will now be able to playback MKV files stored on a USB device or a device on your home network that supports DLNA streaming.

Win.

Sweet now the PS4 needs to jump on board.

Side note: Welcome back Purge long time no see. Also, thank you for updating your picture, the old one made you look like a serial killer.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3455 on: September 09, 2014, 02:43:57 PM »

woohoo, Purge is back.  Long time no see.  What have you been up to these last 9 months?  (cripes, it was a long time)

I'm still amazed that either console launched without DLNA support.  I'm not big on using it these days, but I would use it now. 

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: September 09, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »

me thinks that the 'lack of support' was due to both companies trying to push their own cloud based streaming services or some such BS.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3457 on: September 09, 2014, 04:50:28 PM »

I never left. I was waiting for there to be something worth saying.

I am constantly disappointed that gaming has devolved to a VHS/Betamax argument.

I own one, not the other (and at this point I have more important things to spend money on). I have very little gaming time, and have taken a break from writing as I simply can't commit the time. My time to game likely won't change a ton though a cold autumn might persuade me to play a little more.

I intend to distill anything I have to say into, short, concise blurbs. We'll see how that goes. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: September 09, 2014, 10:58:22 PM »

Welcome back Purge.  Glad to see you again.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: September 10, 2014, 12:38:49 AM »

Yay Purge!

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: September 10, 2014, 02:03:39 AM »

Wow, it's Purge!  thumbsup

-Autistic Angel
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3461 on: September 10, 2014, 12:46:02 PM »

Thanks guys. smile 

(See? Distilled.) slywink

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: September 16, 2014, 03:58:45 PM »

Has anyone had a good/bad experience working with MS for a faulty disc drive?  Mine still mostly works but more often than not it now fails at identifying a blu-ray disc on the first try or two.

I want to get it fixed since it's the primary movie-machine for the kiddos, but I also don't want to lose access to Destiny for weeks and weeks right now if the turnaround time is terrible.
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: September 19, 2014, 03:03:38 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on September 16, 2014, 03:58:45 PM

Has anyone had a good/bad experience working with MS for a faulty disc drive?  Mine still mostly works but more often than not it now fails at identifying a blu-ray disc on the first try or two.

I want to get it fixed since it's the primary movie-machine for the kiddos, but I also don't want to lose access to Destiny for weeks and weeks right now if the turnaround time is terrible.
They replaced mine no questions asked. Shipped it out with packaging to return mine. I returned mine and all my saves were still there since they were in the cloud. Obviously would have been nice to never have the issue but they replaced it without even a hiccup. It was painless as could be, I was without an xbox for all of five minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: