http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 11:44:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Too Human Footage  (Read 1777 times)
StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2007, 02:11:08 PM »

IGN Weekly has about 9 minutes of new Too Human coverage.  I am really impressed with what they have done.  The combat looks Ninja Gaiden like and the graphics look right up there with Mass Effect.  You can also tell the story will be very epic and engaging.  Count me in on this one.

To see the footage just go to ign.com and download IGN weekly.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 04:14:13 PM »

Too Human looked pretty cool with the intial concept stuff I saw at E3.  I can see where you might draw the Mass Effect line as well.  I think it is a 2008 title now, but I might be mistaken...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 04:26:11 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 14, 2007, 04:14:13 PM

Too Human looked pretty cool with the intial concept stuff I saw at E3.  I can see where you might draw the Mass Effect line as well.  I think it is a 2008 title now, but I might be mistaken...

I think you are right Ron-it simply keeps getting pushed back and right now if it releases in 2008 and ends up being good I think most people are going to be surprised. It's just been a bit of a disaster in development.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 04:48:29 PM »

It's just been a bit of a disaster in development.

Is disaster the right word here? Silicon Knights is known for their delays, I figured the game was on a normal cycle rather than a disastrous one.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 05:14:50 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 14, 2007, 04:48:29 PM

Is disaster the right word here? Silicon Knights is known for their delays, I figured the game was on a normal cycle rather than a disastrous one.

From what I have read and heard (articles, insider gossip, rumors), the development has been mismanaged and difficult on almost all levels. I think its approaching disastrous if the game doesn't come out in good shape relatively soon.
StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 05:15:20 PM »

2007 or 2008, don't really care, though I predict fall to early winter of 07 being the release date.  I'm just speaking as far as how the game looked in that preview.  The graphics just seemed on a Gears type level but with areas a LOT more vast.  You can also obviously tell a lot of work has gone into putting together a really epic and engaging storyline which is really what I want most out of Action/Advanture/RPG games.

How did this get off of actual gameplay footage and onto delays and development cycles?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 05:16:51 PM by StitchJones » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 06:59:51 PM »

isnt too human the game that was originally gonna be made for PS1?

EDIT:okay thats a yeah

this is from the year 2000...feels ages ago...hang about,it was !!
http://uk.psx.ign.com/articles/131/131627p1.html
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 07:04:19 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 08:09:14 PM »

I will say this - when we went to the closed-door demo at E3 they handed my wife (the non-gamer) the controller and she was able to handle combat fairly easily after about a minute of practice.  Intuitive controls seems to be a big focus, even that early in the process.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »

I think the footage looks really good and the game has a lot of promise.  I didn't realize his had seperate classes and so many RPG-lite qualities similar to Diablo, but that's cool. 

My big concern is their "cinematic camera" that takes all camera control away from the player.  I have never been happy with games that do this and would much rather at least have the option to play from behind my character at all times.  There's nothing I hate more than running down a hallway and then having the camera turn and make me run into a wall or off a cliff of some such crap. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 09:33:20 PM »

As Metallicorphan's screens demonstrate there are delays then there are delays.  Too Human was originally in development for PS1, then moved to Gamecube, then moved to 360. 
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 09:49:17 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 14, 2007, 09:33:20 PM

As Metallicorphan's screens demonstrate there are delays then there are delays.  Too Human was originally in development for PS1, then moved to Gamecube, then moved to 360. 

It's not as if this is the exact same game they were developing back then, this is obviously new technology (Unreal Engine 3) and assets even though it uses similar gameplay concepts and story/background. 

I think a lot of the delays were because the game was nearing completion for the PS1 when Silicon Knights became a second party developer for Nintendo, which lead them to try and rework the game for them.  Who knows what sort of complications/arrangements went on there to make them move to Microsoft's 360. 

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 11:52:08 PM »

Half-Life 1 & 2, Stalker, all Blizzard games, numerous other titles.

Yep. Delays have never been an indicator of crappiness for me.

The great games that weren't delayed are simply the ones that never announced a release date to begin with.

And often the worst games are the ones that meet their deadline, and it certainly seems like that was the only goal of the developers and publisher.

So in the end, when it releases I'll read reviews and rent it and if I like it I may buy.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 12:06:09 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 14, 2007, 09:49:17 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 14, 2007, 09:33:20 PM

It's not as if this is the exact same game they were developing back then, this is obviously new technology (Unreal Engine 3) and assets even though it uses similar gameplay concepts and story/background. 

I think a lot of the delays were because the game was nearing completion for the PS1 when Silicon Knights became a second party developer for Nintendo, which lead them to try and rework the game for them.  Who knows what sort of complications/arrangements went on there to make them move to Microsoft's 360. 

Sure, and Duke Nukem Forever isn't still using the Quake Engine. 

I hope Too Human turns out to be great and SK has a very good track record.  But there is no denying that a game that started on development for the PS1 and still hasn't seen the light of day is in the upper echelons of delayed games far beyond anything that Turtle listed. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 12:13:32 AM »

well i am definetly IN....when i heard about this a while ago being a trilogy i was instantly interested,and after seeing the video,it does look great,and its just one more game that i cant wait for.........................i have gone off Lair though(that was also on that preview of games),in the end i thought that game looks so-so

is Too Human a 360 exclusive?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 12:56:58 AM »

There was also Prey, which started back in the Duke Nukem 3D days.

Honestly, it's pretty clear they weren't working on Too Human for the whole time, they probably shelved the project, much like Prey, so that they could do it later when the technology was better.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 05:19:56 AM »

After seeing that video I have to say IN!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 01:28:05 PM »

Is Too Human a 360 exclusive?
Yes, and published by Microsoft so it'll likely stay that way.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 06:13:19 PM »

I don't put their delays on par with some other infamous stuff since they have at least been releasing other titles during that time.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 07:56:43 PM »

Can we get a direct link to the footage? I'm having trouble finding it for some reason  icon_confused

Sean Lama
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 08:21:28 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 15, 2007, 07:56:43 PM

Can we get a direct link to the footage? I'm having trouble finding it for some reason  icon_confused

As direct as it gets, it's part of this week's IGN Weekly

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 09:44:48 PM »

Looks good.  I'm liking the Norse mythology angle.  Different classes with their own skill trees?  Sounds like they're headed in the right direction.  It looks a lot better than the E3 footage they showed last year...or was that 2 years ago.     
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 11:32:05 PM »

I may be wrong, but I don't remember reading anything about classes or comparisons to Diablo in earlier previews, so it seems they're going in a new direction with the game.  It sounds like a lot of fun, though, with a pretty unique setting.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 12:02:45 AM »

Yep, neither was 4 player co-op in, just two player when it was first announced.  Although I wonder if that's going to be same screen, split screen, or online only co-op.

I think they're trying to distance themselves from DMC and the like, while at the same time appeal to the Halo crowd.
StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 04:29:52 AM »

Well, loads more new info in this 5 page preview: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/781/781085p1.html

I'm getting hyped up for this one.  It just sounds like a whole lot of effort and polish is being put into this thing.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 02:22:30 PM »

I'm hoping they manage to make Q3 2007, but at the same time I don't want to see Too Human get buried by the other big games coming out around then too.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 07:36:54 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on April 16, 2007, 12:02:45 AM

I think they're trying to distance themselves from DMC and the like, while at the same time appeal to the Halo crowd.

That's the impression I get from the game. A DMC-style game in a Halo-style setting. Who knows, we may have a potential Devil May Cry killer here.

Sean Lama
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: