http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 12:28:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new title for bully  (Read 1438 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2006, 12:17:56 PM »

looks like there is some victory for the moms of poor tortured schoolkids out there

rockstar vancouver have renamed their debut title,that was 'Bully'

the new name for Bully is the snappy 'Canis Canem Edit'..which is the games schools latin motto underneath their chain of arms(translated 'dog eat dog')

even though i am sure it wont put off those who were thinking of buying this...i am not so sure about those who dont know what this is

its doesnt exactly sound like a game you would want

does it?..although it does still hold an 18 certificate....not sure what that is in america

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10218&mid=326303
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 12:20:18 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 12:25:28 PM »

Rumor I've heard is that it is still Bully here in the United States.  I'll dig into it. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 01:31:48 PM »

In their interview in Game Informer they said they were aiming for a "Teen" (13+) rating and there was no blood or death in the game.

In other bully-related news:

One modern-day counterpart comes in the form of the very real Jack Thompson, who continues his crusade against the video game industry with a lawsuit filed today against WalMart, Take-Two Interactive, Software Inc., and GameStop.

The suit filed in the Eleventh Judicial Circuit in Miami-Dade County, Florida requests a temporary restraining order against the sale of Bully, a controversial new title from Rockstar Games (distributed by Take-Two) where the player controls a schoolyard bully.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060929-7870.html

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 01:46:30 PM »

Dug around the net a bit and found an interesting debate with Jack Thompson and Adam Sessler on Bully (G4TV):

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blog/AOTB/post/629272/Jack_Thompson_vs_Adam_Sessler.html

It makes you wonder if Mr.Thompson's mother didn't give him enough milk as a child because this guy is just beyond redicilous in his accusations.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 02:11:52 PM »

Somebody needs to smack him down for filing frivolous lawsuits.  Seriously, if the first 17 times you tried this it didn't work, what makes you think the rules are gonna change?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 04:05:42 PM »

It is a Europe-only name change.  A pretty bad one at that.  Don't know why they didn't just go with Dog Eat Dog.  Maybe trademark issues. 

And Bully did indeed receive a "T" rating from the ESRB.  No blood and no death.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 04:40:28 PM »

I remember reading somewhere a ways back that it is'nt the game we were expecting. It started out as you playing a school bully and terroizing the schoolyard. Then the last stuff I read they had completely changed it to something else. It appears they caved into the whiners out there and made you some type of anti bully or tattletale.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 05:04:21 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on October 01, 2006, 04:40:28 PM

I remember reading somewhere a ways back that it is'nt the game we were expecting. It started out as you playing a school bully and terroizing the schoolyard. Then the last stuff I read they had completely changed it to something else. It appears they caved into the whiners out there and made you some type of anti bully or tattletale.

That may be partially true, but I think it may be more a case of what people were expecting from the name of the game than what it ever actually was.  When it was first announced over a year ago I don't remember Rockstar ever saying that it had you playing as a bully.  In fact, going back to an announcement in May of last year:

This is the first game being developed by Rockstar Vancouver and it follows the story of a troublesome schoolboy in reform school as he tries to stand up to bullies, gets picked on by teachers, plays pranks, and even tries to get the girl. All of this takes place in the fictional Bullworth Academy.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 05:16:59 PM »

It's an awful name!
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 05:46:21 PM »

That's a very clever new name. It's also very stupid.

Sucks that bullshit politics forced a name-change in Europe.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 07:39:53 AM »

it is sad,if it is indeed just europe....

as for bully,i heard that you arent actually THE bully...you have to help people who are being bullied,although your character is still a 'bad boy'...anyway,from what i have read,the teachers sound the worse,drinking,smacking...trying it on with the female students...good to see they got it spot on!!,LOL

Clay

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 12:21:53 PM »

Chances are that more people in Europe will understand the Latin than they would here...  :p

xbox live: nude rick james
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 05:38:29 PM »

We're ok with violent themes in the US, it's part of our pop culture.  It's the naked boobies we freak out about.  OMG nipples, the apocalypse is upon us!   

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 05:59:17 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on October 02, 2006, 05:38:29 PM

We're ok with violent themes in the US, it's part of our pop culture.  It's the naked boobies we freak out about.  OMG nipples, the apocalypse is upon us!   

Personally I like nipples over bullets.   nod

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 06:04:37 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on October 02, 2006, 05:59:17 PM

Quote from: Roguetad on October 02, 2006, 05:38:29 PM

Personally I like nipples over bullets.   nod

nipples.. bullets...  drool

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Wolves
Gaming Trend Reader

DAMMIT!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 07:11:23 PM »

I'm more dissappointed in the cancellation of the X-Box version that I'd ever be over a name change  icon_evil....even though I prefer the U.S. name.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 06:13:19 AM »

we are usually fine with violence and nipples..but we have just had a lot of kids in the news over bullies(someone got stabbed in the playground),so i am guessing it has something to do with that...whether the rest of europe is the same,i am not sure

but saying that,all rockstar games have come under fire somehow........a 17 year old kid killed his best mate here by copying a scene from the game manhunt(where the guy was imprisoned in a city..like escape from new york..but just had to kill his way out)..the game got withdrawn from the shelves here because of it...i already had the game,but it pissed me off that the kid was obviously a wacko anyway

metal says,the sod shouldnt of even had the game as it was rated 18!!!

and the grand theft auto games are always pissing someone,somewhere off...when will it all end?,suprised no one complained about the table tennis game,LOL

childs play 3(the film)was banned here,back in '92 i think after two kids killed a toddler by dropping a concrete slab on his head after they saw the film...again,the film is rated 18

so who do we blame?...the videos and games,the parents...or the kids?...i admit my dad used to let me watch all kinds of violent films in the VHS heyday in the 80s...i turned out okay....well,not as bad as those above

i just wish that with video games people would be more aware of the age certificates...as if they ignore them,they have a chance of getting a good game banned.....(and proberbly some innocent guy killed)

but in the end,i guess the name wont hurt,as long as they dont go cutting stuff out of the game

PS oh and wolves,yes i am pissed about the absent xbox version as well!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: