http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 10:30:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new PC western game coming  (Read 1485 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2005, 05:25:32 AM »

http://pc.ign.com/articles/634/634404p1.html

Its called Gun. From the guys who did all those crappy Tony Hawk console games. I can only hope its nothing like those. I have'nt had time to read the IGN story yet but I also have a preview in my latest issue of CG Mag also. The pics look interesting. Hope its the new Outlaws.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 05:38:37 AM »

I like the Tony Hawk games!  Well, except the latest one (THUG2) which was awful.  Oh, and their original Spider-Man title was pretty good.

The latest issue of Game Informer had a huge writeup on Gun.  Sounds like an interesting game with all the different side-missions and the ability to do some free roaming stuff around town.

I hope they get the controls down.  This usually makes or breaks most third-person titles in my experience.

I know you've got your eye on the PC version, but it is also due out for the PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Cube.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 08:40:19 AM »

From the article:

"Taking the medallion and heading to Dodge City, you meet a whore named Jenny..."

I'm so there!

edit:  After reading the article, THIS is the game I'm waiting for now.  Riding a horse and shooting people!  True Grit all the way, hehe.

Quick draw mode sounds llike Max Payne's bullettime, which is a good thing.  I only hope the PC version has some kind of mod friendly features, I want to make my own skins at least.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 12:54:46 PM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
From the article:

"Taking the medallion and heading to Dodge City, you meet a whore named Jenny..."

I'm so there!

Allow me to post the entirety of that paragraph:

Taking the medallion and heading to Dodge City, you meet a whore named Jenny and the game pretty much explodes into a massive gun fight ASAP. At least the demo we saw did. In it, we witnessed Colton using cover, peeking, rolling out, shooting, getting into a groove with Quick Draw mode (which we'll get to in a bit), and even hurling sticks of dynamite. The simple man-on-man fight that Colton starts erupts into a massive bar fight upstairs and downstairs with at least 30 characters on screen -- punching, shooting, and whaling away at each other. Tables break, glass is shattered, people fly across the tavern, and the blood, gibs, and physicality of it all is intense, colorful, and gruesome.

SOLD! biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 01:38:29 PM »

I'll be headed out to Activision to see this title in person before release I'm sure.  It looks pretty good and they are pumping a lot of time and cash into it.  Lets hope it pays.  I'm tenatively 'in'. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 02:44:22 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
http://pc.ign.com/articles/634/634404p1.html

Its called Gun. From the guys who did all those crappy Tony Hawk console games. I can only hope its nothing like those.

Can't freakin' wait to make Trigger do a Frontside Nosegrind 360 Reverse Kick-Flip.  That's gonna be so RAD!  Y'all.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 02:52:03 PM »

But the real question is can you give him a mohawk and make him FREAK OUT!!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 12:41:43 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"

One of the screens I saw had a guy with a mohawk.  Might have actually BEEN a Mohawk!  Go Braves!

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 12:58:44 AM »

That's where being able to make your own skins comes in, EVERYONE can have a mohawk!  Even the whore Jenny, also known as Jen to her regulars(or so I'm told).
flyinj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 08:18:03 AM »

How nearsighted you all are being.

Neversoft is about as quality a developer as you can get.

They have never made a bad game since their existence. Unfortunately, they were saddled with created Tony Hawk for the past 5 years... but seriously, every one of those games were rock-solid from a pure gameplay perspective. Also, they have had very little brain-drain from the company. The team making Gun have been at it for the past three years.

I have no doubt in my mind that Gun is going to be amazing.

This is Neversoft. These guys know what playability is better than anyone in the industry.

EDIT: And, it's a Western to boot! Outlaws done by the developer of Tony Hawk and the original Spiderman? I'd pay money for that. Well, more money than I usually pay for that.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 09:40:17 PM »

Quote from: "flyinj"
How nearsighted you all are being.

Neversoft is about as quality a developer as you can get.

They have never made a bad game since their existence. Unfortunately, they were saddled with created Tony Hawk for the past 5 years... but seriously, every one of those games were rock-solid from a pure gameplay perspective. Also, they have had very little brain-drain from the company. The team making Gun have been at it for the past three years.

I have no doubt in my mind that Gun is going to be amazing.

This is Neversoft. These guys know what playability is better than anyone in the industry.

EDIT: And, it's a Western to boot! Outlaws done by the developer of Tony Hawk and the original Spiderman? I'd pay money for that. Well, more money than I usually pay for that.

I'd say Skeleton Warriors wasn't so hot.  Apocalypse was mediocre at best.  THUG2 was as dumb (but controlled well).

I'm a big fan of their games.  I actually love the TH series (except for THUG2).  I'm going to pick up THAW for the 360 when it hits stores and want to check this Gun out.  There games, as you said, have had excellent controls, which goes a long way in this day and age.

One thing I would like to say is that I'd hardly consider them "saddled" with the Tony Hawk franchise, as the series has sold over 13 million copies in the US on this generation's consoles alone.  If that's a bad thing then saddle me up!  They just haven't really taken on many other projects until now.  I'm sure they could have, but why?  The real surprise is the lack of employees leaving the company after doing the TH series so long.  Guess it's reassuring as an employee to know the paycheck is going to clear...

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 11:19:25 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

One of the screens I saw had a guy with a mohawk.  Might have actually BEEN a Mohawk!  Go Braves!

Plus you can scalp people.  Check out the movie at Gametrailers.com.  Didn't realize this was coming out for the PC though.  I think I'm going to still get the X-Box 360 version-  after seeing the gameplay I think a controller will work better.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 02:06:45 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
Quote from: "stiffler"

Plus you can scalp people.

IN! :twisted:
(so, uh, Devil, where do I mail that royalty check?)

I look forward to this game.  I'm never "on the boat" with the early hype, but this is going to be MY game.  I'm going to make an effort to follow news on this one all the way up to release.

And yeah, I'm getting it for the 360.

SCALP PEOPLE! WOOHOO!  Wake up, ESRB, we've got HOT COFFEE coming through!  Seriously, the kids can't be doing this.  We'll have scalpings IN OUR SCHOOLS!

Fuck it, the next student that tells me I'm losing my hair is going to lose his whole fucking cranium cover.
/me sharpens knife.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2005, 03:13:38 AM »

HERES the link to the cool video.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 03:33:15 AM »

That video kicks all kinds of ass.

Gory as hell.....I like gory.

Only needs one thing to make it perfect- being able to drag a guy behind my horse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: