http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 09:11:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Like the new OXM design  (Voting closed: December 01, 2005, 07:11:39 PM)
Yes. - 3 (37.5%)
NO! - 4 (50%)
Still hain't got mine frown - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New OXM Design  (Read 648 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2005, 07:11:39 PM »

I don't like it.

Too busy.  Too much information clutter. Shorter articles BIG! BIG! BIG! screenshots.

Instead of clearly saying somewhere in a stat box whether the game is on XBOX or 360 you gotta search for an icon amid the jetsom of the rest of the eye. eye! EYE! catching color variety!

It's like OXM got put in a blender and it spat out random like. No me gusta.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 07:59:13 PM »

I like it.  But I do understand what you are saying ATB.  It just doesn't bother me that much.

However, a big caveat here:  I am pissed that they got rid of the "little blurbs" at the bottom of each page.  I really loved reading those.  They were sometimes funny and sometimes informative and they always had something to do with what content was on the page you were looking at.

Bad move OXM. :evil:   Bring those little ditties back!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 08:18:22 PM »

I don't like tha fact that it's not blatantly obvious that the game being reviewd is an Xbox or 360 game.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 09:55:34 PM »

Don't like it. Not much content to it.

LiveTAG: happydog
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 02:03:02 AM »

Quote from: "Starshifter"
I like it.  But I do understand what you are saying ATB.  It just doesn't bother me that much.

However, a big caveat here:  I am pissed that they got rid of the "little blurbs" at the bottom of each page.  I really loved reading those.  They were sometimes funny and sometimes informative and they always had something to do with what content was on the page you were looking at.

Bad move OXM. :evil:   Bring those little ditties back!

Couldn't agree more!  I miss the little things at the bottom of each page.

I real the magazine with the same kind of borderline disinterest I had before.  I find the cover stories are usually rather stale and a little too fanboyish.  I usually just skim the game reviews and note the +/-/? comments.  I actually prefer the short bits more than the longer stuff, but mostly because it's pretty dull and I read it in the bathroom.  Unlike the rest of you I guess I don't take the monster 20 minute bathroom breaks, so a few paragraphs is good enough for me smile

The icons are stupid.  Since it's mostly Xbox 1 at the moment let's just stick icons on the 360 titles.  Better yet, use an icon for each, either a white one for 360 and black for the original.  I kept thinking, "is no icon for 1 or 360?"

Oh yeah, the little info section with publisher, developer, features, etc. is awful.  It's either on the very edge of the page or in the fold where it can't be seen.  Either way it shouldn't be vertical.  I don't want to turn the magazine to read that stuff.

I imagine the reader feedback will be overwhelming and they will bring back the bottom-page blurbs.

I haven't ever heard from anybody that actually bought the magazine for any reason other than the demo disc so the makeover is largely inconsequential to me.

I had no idea I cared so much to write all that.  I usually buy it, take the disc out, and then put it on my shelf at school for the kids read anyway.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 09:44:41 PM »

Sigh... as usual there is no selection in the poll for - "Just looked at it - already can't remember!"  or even a simple "Can't remember, though I've read the whole damn thing!" :oops:

I'll vote when I look at it again, I promise... :roll:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
phormio
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 09:01:38 PM »

Seems a little too cluttered to me too. I just don't like the way they've handled/organized things overall.

I also miss those little page bottom blurbs. Sometimes (often) those were the best part of the mag. I'm willing to wager they'll be hearing a lot about that move.

The disc had been the main reason why I get OXM, but here lately they've been kinda leaving me cold. It's seems that most of the demos just don't interest me, or I already have the game.

I had already decided to let my sub run out. The new format hasn't changed my mind.

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." --Mitch Hedberg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: