http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 11:29:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Info on Madden 360 from EGM  (Read 1190 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2005, 09:37:02 PM »

From the TeamXbox forums:

I'm scanning through it now and hear this. Madden and Al Michaels will not be the commentators for the 360 version. They say the no name announcer not announcers will call the game like he works for the teams local radio station. Saying he'll sound more emotional when you make a great play. But the ask madden feature is still in the game.

They also have a small section saying "why next gen madden ain't all that." It will not have owner or superstar mode. No classic teams and no create a player.

Some other stuff while scanning through. If you have surround sound you can hear a defender's footsteps and his heavy breathing behind you.

There is a part talkin about the stadiums how they even have the sun worn seats that have faded due to the sun being on them all the time. The staduims mow lines will be correct. Pittsburgh's grass degrades faster than other staduims.

They talk about the sidelines how the players and coaches react on a big play when you run down your sideline and they start jumping up and down. There are about 4,000 animations in this version which is about double what we get on current gen. Each team will have 2 or 3 players with specific animations. Ball spikes you see ya lineman rushing to the line. Recievers crying for pass interference calls and you can finally jump over the pile.

Ea went to NASA for weather data so now we should get exact shadows and where they fall in the staduim and there should be no excuse why the shadows are wrong. The parts of the field that get the most work will degrade more then the rest.

They now have access to the nfl films vault so players now sound like themselves. Peyton sounds like Peyton when he calls out audibles. Ray Lewis sounds lime himself calling out defensive checks. Does say how many players voices will make the cut though. Blocking should sound like real blocking now and tackles sounds like tackles.

200 key players heads were scanned. There will be about 200 accessories for players but no hand warmer pouches. EA says "next year"

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 01:01:30 AM »

... no hand warmer pouches

And they call this a football game?!?!? OUT!!!

:wink:

Thanks for the info!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 05:13:01 PM »

No superstar mode, classic teams, create-a-player, but...

we get voices and head scans??

WTF are these EA morons doing??
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 07:09:00 PM »

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 07:10:58 PM »

The little blurb in the bottom left corner? Two things:
1. Why the goddman hell can't we have those features? You havent had long enough to work on this?
2. That just took the title off my buy list.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 08:56:58 PM »

Is it just me, or does McNabb sort of look like a zombie?  :shock:

And that's quite a bulge he's got going there.  :shock:
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 09:35:51 PM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"
Is it just me, or does McNabb sort of look like a zombie?  :shock:

And that's quite a bulge he's got going there.  :shock:

It's his sports hernia.  He's going to allegedly have it removed after the season.  Until then, it's going to be his new friend.  

Does McNabb really close his eyes and look like he's about to poop before he passes?  I can't imagine that being good for his accuracy.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 10:05:25 PM »

What a terrible sceencap to use for that article smile
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 04:02:23 AM »

Personally I don't really care about create a player, superstar mode, or classic teams anyway.  But I hope that this version is more than just a graphics upgrade.   The more I read, the more that seems to be the case.  When they talk more about stadium shadows (NASA ???)  and players' muscle tone than gameplay, it makes me very nervous.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: