http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 06:33:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Harmonix game, Chroma announced  (Read 333 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2014, 05:36:17 PM »

First person music-based shooter? Harmonix?  In.

http://www.gamingtrend.com/video-post/harmonix-unveils-music-shooter-chroma/

Key game features:

Music-driven FPS gameplay – Music matters. Chroma features innovative first-person shooter mechanics that tie the game’s soundtrack directly to combat, traversal, and more.
    Music is your weapon – Unleash streams of sound and music with your arsenal and bring the musical landscape to life in battle! From deep wobbling bass to the crunch of an electric guitar, crushing metal drums to poppy synths, choose a weapon load-out that reflects your musical tastes and personal style and take your sounds into battle.
    Band together – Your team is your band: Join up with your friends and battle for glory.. Master multiple classes, each with their own unique musical gameplay mechanics and perks, and lead your team to victory.
    Conquer shifting terrain – “Change Ups” at major musical moments dramatically alter the landscape of the battlefield in real time both physically and strategically, raising sniper towers, adding cover, and more in sync with the music.
    Free-to-play, but not “pay-to-win” – Free to jump in and play with deep customization, but smartly designed to preserve a fun and fair experience for all players.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:49:25 PM »

Ugh, 'free to play' on a feature list continues to throw up gigantic red flags for me.  Even the "but you can try it for free to see if you like it!" angle doesn't work for me, because I'd find it supremely annoying if I did like it only to run into a paywall scheme I can't stand.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 06:01:59 PM »

Wish they had shown some gameplay. The description isn't really giving me an idea of how this will play.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 06:51:03 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 17, 2014, 05:49:25 PM

Ugh, 'free to play' on a feature list continues to throw up gigantic red flags for me.  Even the "but you can try it for free to see if you like it!" angle doesn't work for me, because I'd find it supremely annoying if I did like it only to run into a paywall scheme I can't stand.
A lot of free to play stuff on the PC is quite good.   League of Legends, Smite, Dota2, Warframe, and Loadout all spring to mind.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 06:56:44 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on February 17, 2014, 06:51:03 PM

A lot of free to play stuff on the PC is quite good.   League of Legends, Smite, Dota2, Warframe, and Loadout all spring to mind.
Yup, that's why I said red flags rather than an outright disqualification.  But like with Smite, I was supremely happy to be able to pay the $30 forever-hero unlock and make it so I bought the whole game rather than having to pay piecemeal as I go.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 07:21:03 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 17, 2014, 06:56:44 PM

Quote from: forgeforsaken on February 17, 2014, 06:51:03 PM

Yup, that's why I said red flags rather than an outright disqualification.  But like with Smite, I was supremely happy to be able to pay the $30 forever-hero unlock and make it so I bought the whole game rather than having to pay piecemeal as I go.

100% this.  "I recognize that I like your game, developer person.   Please allow me to purchase it and then not be bothered ever again.  Thank you!"

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: