http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 01:58:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Halo 3 info  (Read 1123 times)
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2006, 03:14:38 PM »

Check it out over on bungie.net.

Synopsis:

Public Halo 3 multiplayer beta comming in spring 07 and new Halo 2 multiplayer maps coming in spring 07 as well!

Downside to the new Halo 2 maps is they will ONLY be available on the marketplace so original xbox owners will be SOL.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 03:18:40 PM »

Quote from: Mystic95Z on November 15, 2006, 03:14:38 PM

Downside to the new Halo 2 maps is they will ONLY be available on the marketplace so original xbox owners will be SOL.

that sucks.  you'd think they'd put them on an OXM disc or something like that.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 07:59:34 PM »

Synopsis:

Public Halo 3 multiplayer beta comming in spring 07 and new Halo 2 multiplayer maps coming in spring 07 as well!

Do you know if they will cost anything for the new maps?  I mean i am sure they will, but I will be less likely to buy them knowing that a mp beta will be released.

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 08:04:58 PM »

I can't find the news on Bungie!!! I am an Idiot.   Some please provide a link, I would be grateful

JLu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 08:06:22 PM »

Interesting...  New Halo2 maps could be fun.

Funny; Gamestop (when I was picking up the botched GoW preorder) was trying to get me to preorder Halo3.  Which comes out in a year.  The woman told me that they had almost finished selling their allotment.  Um, well that's fine, I'll go to Best Buy or Target the day of instead then.  Not putting money down on something that should probably be out in a year!?

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 08:09:32 PM »

I sort of question the idea of an mp beta.  Admittedly I'm not much of an mp'er myself, but it feels like it has the chance to take off some of the excitement surrounding the game's release.  Releasing the beta in the spring (assuming a November retail release) feels like there will probably a large period of disinterest after the initial beta rush goes through which only serves to lower anticipation for the full game.
Mystic95Z

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 08:29:24 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on November 15, 2006, 07:59:34 PM

Synopsis:

Do you know if they will cost anything for the new maps?  I mean i am sure they will, but I will be less likely to buy them knowing that a mp beta will be released.

Yes, they stated they would cost "something"....

and the story is here http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?cid=9182

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 09:15:02 PM »

Quote from: JLu on November 15, 2006, 08:06:22 PM

Funny; Gamestop (when I was picking up the botched GoW preorder) was trying to get me to preorder Halo3.  Which comes out in a year.  The woman told me that they had almost finished selling their allotment.  Um, well that's fine, I'll go to Best Buy or Target the day of instead then.  Not putting money down on something that should probably be out in a year!?

Lying is apparently accepted corporate policy now. When was the last time you walked in a Gamestop for a big release (Madden, Halo 2, Call of Duty1,2,3, etc) and they didn't have a blue million of them? Probably hasn't happened much has it? icon_biggrin

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 09:34:51 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 15, 2006, 08:09:32 PM

I sort of question the idea of an mp beta.  Admittedly I'm not much of an mp'er myself, but it feels like it has the chance to take off some of the excitement surrounding the game's release.  Releasing the beta in the spring (assuming a November retail release) feels like there will probably a large period of disinterest after the initial beta rush goes through which only serves to lower anticipation for the full game.

I can only imagine the beta will be timed and would stop functioning after a predetermined period of time. Just enough to give people a taste and maybe help pick out a few bugs, and then take it away.

If they do this right it could work out well for them.

Quote from: jblank
Lying is apparently accepted corporate policy now. When was the last time you walked in a Gamestop for a big release (Madden, Halo 2, Call of Duty1,2,3, etc) and they didn't have a blue million of them? Probably hasn't happened much has it? icon_biggrin

This is so true. I preordered Halo 2. I will never preorder a large release again. There were a million copies of that game everywhere for a week after release. Gears of War was the same way just recently. Everyone tried to get me to preorder. I waited. I almost succumbed once about two weeks before, and held. Then when I went on on release day multiple stores had over 100 copies sitting on their shelves to sell.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 09:39:37 PM by Thin_J » Logged

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 05:31:48 AM »

I have pretty much only wanted to preorder when there was a good incentive. Master's Quest disc for Windwaker was one. The other was when EBGames was having a Halo2 option of trading in a game a piece towards it for $10 each. Dropped 3 craptastic titles and paid $20 and change for the collector's edition. Got more than my time out of the multiplayer on Live with that to make up for the small loss I may have taken when I traded in the games I wasn't going to play. The Master's Quest disc was nice as I had never played the Occarina of Time before so that was definately worth it. That and I worked at Gamestop at the time so I got the then 20% discount on the game as well.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »

why so long for the new halo 2 maps?...will nayone care if it is the same time as the halo3 beta?

and i take it this is the multiplayer beta we are talking about?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 01:15:34 PM »

Quote from: jblank on November 15, 2006, 09:15:02 PM

Quote from: JLu on November 15, 2006, 08:06:22 PM

I preordered Halo2 since I did worry -- beyond that I've preordered perhaps five or six games, but each one was because I had credit and didn't want to risk losing a second gift card...  Oddly enough, if I hadn't preordered Gears of War, I could've picked it up a day sooner this time around!  Her sales pitch was too sad for me to give Gamestop a black mark for it.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 01:21:25 PM »

I think I ended up buying Halo 2 collectors edition from like 7-11 for dirt freaking cheap. I didn't preorder GOW either and I was able to get a pristine pre-owned copy less than a week after release for $10 bucks cheaper. Amazing to tell the truth.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 03:31:39 PM »

Just found this on xbox.com

One Time Only
On December 4, the special 60-second Halo 3 advertising spot will be broadcast—one time only—on ESPN's Monday Night Football. The ad, created by advertising agency McCann Erickson, provides a unique and compelling look at Master Chief and the world of Halo 3.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 03:33:35 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on November 20, 2006, 03:31:39 PM

Just found this on xbox.com

One Time Only
On December 4, the special 60-second Halo 3 advertising spot will be broadcast—one time only—on ESPN's Monday Night Football. The ad, created by advertising agency McCann Erickson, provides a unique and compelling look at Master Chief and the world of Halo 3.

It'll probably be up on youtube and other places on the web soon afterwards...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 03:36:57 PM »

It will also be on the Marketplace soon after, although likely first only for Gold members like they have been doing lately. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: