http://gamingtrend.com
September 24, 2014, 05:00:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Ghost Recon 3 Video  (Read 3673 times)
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2005, 08:37:10 PM »

Quote from: "Graham"
Why MS, when it's UbiSoft's game?

Pretty much what Calvin said.  This game was supposed to be one of the first real indications of what the 360 is capable of and it turns out it was all bogus.  How am I supposed to believe all the other stuff out there when the real footage is such a step down from what was previously being shown?

The fact remains that MS was happy to sell the footage as gameplay shots from an opcoming game on their console.  Sure Ubi deserves some blame for it, but MS is using it to sell their hardware and somehow forgot to mention it wasn't real?  It's the same kind of hype we were fed by Sony and they took a beating for it.  Why should MS be different?  Should we just blame Guerilla and not Sony for the KZ2 fiasco?

Calvin, I agree with you about Kameo.  I still don't understand what the hell that one is about.  I'm positive I will get a 360, but I'm not feeling so bad about not pre-ordering one.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2005, 11:09:56 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I still don't understand what the hell that one is about.  I'm positive I will get a 360, but I'm not feeling so bad about not pre-ordering one.

You guys just crack me up.  MS is obviously trying to put one over on you regarding the 360 hardware.  If not before, it's surely worthwhile NOW looking at the PS3 before making a decision.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2005, 11:15:05 PM »

Quote from: "DiamondDecision"
I still don't understand what the hell that one is about.  I'm positive I will get a 360, but I'm not feeling so bad about not pre-ordering one.

You guys just crack me up.  MS is obviously trying to put one over on you regarding the 360 hardware.  If not before, it's surely worthwhile NOW looking at the PS3 before making a decision.

Why can't I have both?  Not sure we even know the PS3 release date...  And as far as hype goes, we could all do well to borrow a page from the masters themselves, Sony.  Emotion Engine?  Hell, the Cell processor might just be crazy enough to work!

I honestly don't see how the 360 is going to be any worse than the original Xbox, a system I have enjoyed quite a bit.  So what, exactly, is your point?

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2005, 11:16:54 PM »

No, you crack us up. It's obvious Sony is trying to pull something on us with Killzone 2 running at a reported 3 frames per second and then being sped up. Surely its worth looking at MS now.

See the absurdity of posts like yours? The hardware, according to many people that know a lot more about this than we do, looks to be roughly comparable. What happens with the final product is going to depend on the developers and who in the long run has the slightly more powerful system. None of that is know yet. THis thread had nothing to do with inter-console wars, what is your reason for trying to start that fight here?
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2005, 11:18:14 PM »

Besides, DiamondDecision, I didn't even think you enjoyed playing video games anymore.  So why troll?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2005, 02:42:20 AM »

/me looks at XBox 360

/me looks at PS3

/me looks in wallet

/me looks at where they both are going to go on the entertainment center

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2005, 12:59:28 PM »

I cry foul.  I didn't even point out the disparity between the GR3 hype from MS and the true ingame footage.  Everyone in this thread is going crazy saying they've been deceived and I merely pointed out that since the launch games aren't stacking up to be anywhere near like what was thought, why not consider waiting for the PS3?

If even *mentioning* looking at a PS3 equates to trolling for you, I'd say Micro$oft'$ brainwashing has done its work.  

I currently have an Xbox but my next console purchase will be an objective buying decision.  For me, PS3 is in the lead and this GR3 stuff just makes it even easier.  

Besides, DiamondDecision, I didn't even think you enjoyed playing video games anymore.  So why troll?
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2005, 03:55:08 PM »

I merely pointed out that since the launch games aren't stacking up to be anywhere near like what was thought, why not consider waiting for the PS3?

You see DD, the problem is that a game like Project Gotham Racing 3 DOES show off the system and the next gen tech very well and I like what I see. The problem with the GR3 trailer is that it was emphasized to us that what we were seeing was GAMEPLAY. In one trailer it was going on and on about how it is utilizing the power of the X360 for multi-window processing, so that you can view movies and messages from your command center while out on a mission. This narrative was advertising all of the neat lighting features, animations, blah, blah, blah and it turns out that it was not gameplay at all.

Just liek the PS3 videos were being utilized to represent something that they were not, real-time rendering and not pre-rendered.  That is what makes us so mad, because we were told that the videos were gameplay, not pre-rendered.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2005, 05:21:23 PM »

Good points Sparkawk.  No disagreements here.  Whichever company does it, it's wrong to be deceptive like that.  No question.

I wonder though how many 360s they will sell on the strength of one racing game though?  I wouldn't think that would power the launch much.  I saw a stat once indicating that racing games just aren't that popular.  They definitely have a fan base, but they won't generated Battlefield 2 kinda crowds.

Quote from: "Sparhawk"
I merely pointed out that since the launch games aren't stacking up to be anywhere near like what was thought, why not consider waiting for the PS3?

You see DD, the problem is that a game like Project Gotham Racing 3 DOES show off the system and the next gen tech very well and I like what I see. The problem with the GR3 trailer is that it was emphasized to us that what we were seeing was GAMEPLAY. In one trailer it was going on and on about how it is utilizing the power of the X360 for multi-window processing, so that you can view movies and messages from your command center while out on a mission. This narrative was advertising all of the neat lighting features, animations, blah, blah, blah and it turns out that it was not gameplay at all.

Just liek the PS3 videos were being utilized to represent something that they were not, real-time rendering and not pre-rendered.  That is what makes us so mad, because we were told that the videos were gameplay, not pre-rendered.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2005, 05:24:15 PM »

Micro$oft'$ brainwashing

Thank you for illustrating for me just why it is I should ignore your posts.

Awesome.

Also: I'm still of the mind that the level shown in the gameplay videos is not finished, and that if we had a better, clearer view of the game you might still see all those graphical details in effect, but that the level of the agme itself just isn't done.

I think they'll have it up to par by February when they release.

There are a couple of other games that look completely underwhelming and very current-xboxish, but oh well. I'll live.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2005, 06:31:40 PM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
Also: I'm still of the mind that the level shown in the gameplay videos is not finished, and that if we had a better, clearer view of the game you might still see all those graphical details in effect, but that the level of the agme itself just isn't done.

I think they'll have it up to par by February when they release.

I'm hoping so too, but after this I think GR3 is going to be a rental before I actually buy it (or maybe I'll get lucky and just be able to borrow it from a friend), especially since I can't trust Ubisoft to put out actual screenshots/gameplay and not what they released as gameplay in the video that started this thread.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2005, 07:36:47 PM »

I wonder though how many 360s they will sell on the strength of one racing game though?

At least 1!  That's the only game I "must have" at the moment.  I'm sure there will be more, but I enjoyed PGR2 (especially over Live) enough to go for it.  And it's not just the 360; I bought a DS last night just to play Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.  Again, I'm sure there will be more good games I want to play on it.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: