http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 05:25:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New GH2 (yes, 2) content for the 360  (Read 1245 times)
Brendan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

two oh sickness

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2007, 06:34:31 PM »

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14669/Guitar-Hero-Indie-Label-Pack-Available-Now-for-Download/

RedOctane has just released the Guitar Hero Indie Label Pack (500 Microsoft Points) for Guitar Hero II. This song pack includes Detonation as performed by Trivium, Exs And Ohs as performed by Atreyu, Bury the Hatchet as performed by Protest the Hero.

Who?
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 06:37:16 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on September 28, 2007, 06:34:31 PM

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14669/Guitar-Hero-Indie-Label-Pack-Available-Now-for-Download/

RedOctane has just released the Guitar Hero Indie Label Pack (500 Microsoft Points) for Guitar Hero II. This song pack includes Detonation as performed by Trivium, Exs And Ohs as performed by Atreyu, Bury the Hatchet as performed by Protest the Hero.

Who?

Atreyu is played a fair bit on a local radio station I listen to, but I don't think I've heard of Trivium or Protest the Hero.  Bravo RedOctane.  Bravo.  Yet another batch of useless songs.   Roll Eyes

What ever happened to "TEH MOSTESTEST DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT EVARZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

I don't think they can screw up DLC potential any more than they already have.  Bloody hell.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 07:01:47 PM »

Believe it or not, people actually like music you don't.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
dback99
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 07:06:21 PM »

The Trivium song will be cool.  It sounds like something Metallica would have put out on ...And Justice for All.   They are a throwback thrash band.   Protest the Hero is more of a prog metal/hardcore thing I suppose.  Im terrible at classifying music anymore, but they are heavy and musical.  Not sure I would drop 500 points on 2 songs im interested in though...

-dback

Xbox Live tag: dback99

Listening to: volbeat!!

Playing: swtor, skyrim, rocksmith, ootp11
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 07:15:46 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 28, 2007, 07:01:47 PM

It's not whether or not I'm familiar or like this particular list of songs/bands.  It's the overall nightmare that RedOctane DLC has become.  The cost, the lack of content, the piecemeal nickel-and-dime releases every 10 months, the small, expensive packages (a handful of songs for 500 points).  I happen to like Atreyu, and most likely I've heard the other songs and just don't recall the band names, but either way my point was not to voice disappointment in songs I may or may not like, but the fact that I've waited so long for reasonable DLC and all I get is this

I didn't say I don't like the music available.  I don't like the fact that it is all that is available.

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 28, 2007, 07:15:46 PM

Quote from: The Grue on September 28, 2007, 07:01:47 PM

It's not whether or not I'm familiar or like this particular list of songs/bands.  It's the overall nightmare that RedOctane DLC has become.  The cost, the lack of content, the piecemeal nickel-and-dime releases every 10 months, the small, expensive packages (a handful of songs for 500 points).  I happen to like Atreyu, and most likely I've heard the other songs and just don't recall the band names, but either way my point was not to voice disappointment in songs I may or may not like, but the fact that I've waited so long for reasonable DLC and all I get is this

I didn't say I don't like the music available.  I don't like the fact that it is all that is available.

I totally agree 100%

I thought the least they would be doing is to put out all the GH1 songs at first...but it doesn't look like that will ever happen now, for whatever reason
dback99
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 07:25:10 PM »

I was shocked the 80's version the PS2 didn't become downloadable.  Not sure what they are going for with the DLC, and unfortunately with GH3 comming out, this may be the final song pack to come out.   And to think, I bought the 360 version on the promise of all of these songs coming out....

-dback

Xbox Live tag: dback99

Listening to: volbeat!!

Playing: swtor, skyrim, rocksmith, ootp11
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 07:32:27 PM »

Quote from: dback99 on September 28, 2007, 07:25:10 PM

I was shocked the 80's version the PS2 didn't become downloadable.  Not sure what they are going for with the DLC, and unfortunately with GH3 comming out, this may be the final song pack to come out.   And to think, I bought the 360 version on the promise of all of these songs coming out....

-dback

Yep.  This is what pissed me off too.  I WANT the 80's songs!  It was one of the main reasons why I bought GHII in the first place.  I figured it would be a no brainer to release the 80's songs as one big song pack.  It really does boggle the mind as to what they are thinking.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 07:36:42 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on September 28, 2007, 07:32:27 PM

Quote from: dback99 on September 28, 2007, 07:25:10 PM

-dback

Yep.  This is what pissed me off too.  I WANT the 80's songs!  It was one of the main reasons why I bought GHII in the first place.  I figured it would be a no brainer to release the 80's songs as one big song pack.  It really does boggle the mind as to what they are thinking.

I'm just bitter that they never released any songs from my all-time favorite band:

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 02:13:32 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 28, 2007, 06:37:16 PM

What ever happened to "TEH MOSTESTEST DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT EVARZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

they never said it'd be 'good' DLC  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 03:37:16 AM »

I agree with most if not all of the complaints here, but song rights are tricky and expensive things - even if they're covers.  GHII DLC has still been a mess, so I'm not justifying, only pointing it out.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 02:56:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 29, 2007, 02:13:32 AM

Quote from: PeteRock on September 28, 2007, 06:37:16 PM

they never said it'd be 'good' DLC  icon_twisted

I'm not even talking about quality.  Just the quantity is disappointing.  But you know what?  Because I enjoy Atreyu on the radio and have probably heard the other songs as well, and because I'm a DLC whore, I'll dowload the new song pack because I'm a bitch and want something new to play.  Especially since I got 1600 points with Halo 3 for $5.   retard

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 11:32:15 PM »

In review, my comment was a bit dickish.  I guess I get annoyed when people criticize the quality of song lists in these games or the DLC.  Everyone has different tastes and what is an awesome list for one person might be the worst list ever for others.  Turns out, though, that Pete wasn't even criticizing the quality.  May he forgive me.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 01:11:33 AM »

And...there's more?!

Content: Sin Documentos - by Los Rodriguez from Spain
Price: 200 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Japan
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS] Sin Documentos by Los Rodriguez from Spain. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Sept - by Pleymo from France
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS] Sept by Pleymo from France. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Exile - by Soilwork from Germany
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS] Exile by Soilwork from Germany. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

I was really hoping for some Soilwork.

Wait - did I say that aloud?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 04:49:26 AM »

I really want my damn GH1 songs frown
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 04:50:51 AM »