http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 06:39:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New EGM Scores (Careful...some Halo 2 SPOILERS within)  (Read 4558 times)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2004, 03:26:15 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
I just read the IGN review. he didnt really go greatly into detail on what made ithe game worth such a high score, but he convinced me to pick it up as soon as I can.

Rage, have you played Jak 2?  Jak 2 is pretty story heavy and some of the other Jak 3 reviews have commented that 3's story can be hard to follow if you didn't play the second game.  At a minimum I would recommend reading over the game script over on GameFAQs.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2004, 05:46:32 PM »

I have Jak2 coming in the mail Kevin, but I was thinking about just skipping it after the IGN reviewer mentioned extreme frustration in the review-can you comment on that at all?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2004, 05:55:46 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
I have Jak2 coming in the mail Kevin, but I was thinking about just skipping it after the IGN reviewer mentioned extreme frustration in the review-can you comment on that at all?

Jak 2 is a very hard game.  Not impossible certainly- I've beaten it twice which shows how much I love it.  Still, its definitely the most often cited complaint about it.  Most of the frustration comes about through some poor decisions regarding checkpoints in missions- they aren't nearly frequent enough so you can get pretty far along, die, and have to repeat a decent chunk over again.  Some of the racing missions can be frustrating but no more than those in the GTA games and its really just a matter of getting a handle on how the vehicles control.

Like the GTA series some of the frustration is alleviated by the fact that you usually have multiple missions you an do at any given time.  If you get frustrated on one its best to try doing some of the others and then come beack to the frustrating one.  

I would at least try Jak 2 before jumping into Jak 3.  At a minimum it will lay the groundwork for the world and characters in Part 3.  If you do find it frustrating then read the game script on GameFAQS so you can be caught up at the beginning of Jak 3.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2004, 05:59:50 PM »

Ok will do!! That is, if I ever get a PS2 again frown
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2004, 07:36:24 PM »

SPOILERS!
I'd already figured that you could play a covenant by the fact that they put in an Elite player model.  Also, there's an Elite that features heavily in the trailer having what seems like many important speaking roles.

I don't mind switching character perspectives, novels do it all the time and there's really no other way to present covenant life in depth.  Just so long as I get at least half the game in playing time as the good old MC.

My main gripe with MGS2 was that Raiden was a whiney wimp compared to snake, and didn't do too much to advance the plot.
END SPOILER
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2004, 12:53:09 AM »

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Its not Metal Gear 2 bad, where Raiden is just a fruitcake who ruins the whole atmosphere, but rather the Elite takes over the majority of the title, and after you destroy the second Halo, it shows Master Chief, Cortana, and the new super suit, all ready to go save Earth as uber MC, and then, BLACK SCREEN, Credits, Buy Halo 3 one day. Its really lame, and really bad timing.

SPOILERS
Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2004, 01:45:45 AM »

SPOILERS
1) Actually you play as Master Chief for most of the levels.
2) That is not at all how it ends.
SPOILERS

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2004, 05:24:35 AM »

Sure thing...when the uproar November 9th starts, we'll see.

Doesn't really matter though, multiplayer rocks and thats all people want anywhoos.
Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2004, 07:33:05 AM »

Sure thing...when the uproar November 9th starts, we'll see.

Oh, I don't disagree about the ending sucking - it does. But it's not what you describe, and you don't play the Arbiter quite as much as you're making out.

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2004, 07:42:56 AM »

Guys, may I suggest you go ahead and make a Halo 2 spoilers thread to continue this converstaion? There is way too much chance someone comes in this thread for the EGM scores and accidentally ruins a big part of a huge upcoming game.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2004, 05:13:07 PM »

Actually, I'm going one better and locking this thread.  It's gone way off-topic.  If people want to continue discussing the EGM scores, open up a new thread...if people want to talk about Halo 2 spoilers, open up a new thread and be sure to put SPOILERS in the thread title.  Thank you.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: