http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 08:02:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New DLC for GRAW  (Read 2401 times)
papasmurff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2006, 02:51:41 PM »

Ok, Jarrodhk sent me another link on my 360 but I don't see it posted anywhere on here.  Apparently the people at Ubisoft have an event planned on live with the new DLC this friday.  I know, I didn't believe it either until I went to these links.  First the forum on xbox,

http://forums.xbox.com/4998810/ShowPost.aspx

Next, http://www.ubi.com/US/Events/Info.aspx?eId=65

So we will see when it comes out, but I am thinking, as well as others, that if ubi has an event planned around this content that it is probably gong to be released soon!!!!

Good find Jarrod

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 05:15:02 PM »

I heard about it. I have still yet to check this game out actually, but I was anticipating it highly. I just signed up for gamefly' online service, so I'll throw it my queue and test it out.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 08:15:43 PM »

Released. It's a $15 download for an okay amount of stuff.  4 new co-op maps, 8 maps relit but otherwise the same, new weapons, etc...

I may only buy it for the co-op.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 08:19:03 PM »

For 1200 points, I am not sure I will buy it tonight.  Kind of low on money, so I guess it will have to wait.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 08:50:01 PM »

don't buy it! i already posted this in the other thread, but unless you want the price for a "not even an expansion pack" to keep going up, dont buy this!
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 09:10:18 PM »

Ok, i must be an idiot because i can't find it released in marketplace??!!

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 10:55:28 PM »

Quote from: "Doopri"
don't buy it! i already posted this in the other thread, but unless you want the price for a "not even an expansion pack" to keep going up, dont buy this!

Fear not; despite my enjoyment of GRAW, I can't justify $15 for such a slim amount of content.  For maybe half the points, sure, I'd probably grab it, but not this price. :?

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 11:36:36 PM »

Found it! Now whether or not to buy!

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 12:49:19 AM »

I was pretty excited about the new content, but that price is just too high.

I'm out.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 12:56:15 AM »

Wow, I am actually buying the DLC, the only problem is after an hour I am only at 10% LAME!!!!

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 03:10:23 AM »

what the heck is going on, it has taken 3 hrs to download the dlc and now it doesn't work!!!!!!!

Anyone else have any problems, i have been on hold with support for 76 min so I am assuming that it isn't just me!  Let me know if you know something, I am tired of holding this phone to my ear!

I give up 148 min with the phone in my ear listening to nothing but elevator music!!!!! Boring- Someone let me know if you hear what we need to do to fix this problem with the DLC, I am starting to think those who said don't get it were right!!!

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 06:18:05 AM »

And in other news, they released an update for the PC version that includes about the same amount of content as this... for free.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 10:49:51 AM »

Yep.  That annoys me.   However, since to be able to play the PC version I would have to spend a minimum of 150 dollars or so.  I'll take spending 15 for the dlc....  and it looks like after 12 hours I'll finally be able to play it.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 02:51:33 PM »

Hmm.  I think I'm in.  Maybe.  50/50.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

Thought about it a little more...

So I get 4 new co-op maps, 8 re-lit maps and a few new guns for 1/4th of the price of a new 360 game?  

Pass.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 03:42:42 PM »

Played some of the new maps today with Soulchilde and a friend of his.  I really like the new maps.  There are a lot of ways to approach each one so far.  

Haven't touched the campaign missions yet, as I promised papasmurff I'd wait til he gets off from work.  <shakes fist>

Also haven't had a chance to mess with the team battle mode any.  It looks like each side gets some ai soldiers to help, and optionally an attack chopper for both sides as well.  I may actually get that 100 helicopter kills achievement someday!

Pikachu, I Blame you!
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 03:44:23 PM »

Papasmurf, I had the same problemo as you.

1.) Check your system 'blade', go to memory, then GRAW. Chances are you'll have an 'incomplete' next to the DLC. Delete it.

2.) Back to Live Marketplace, you can reselect the DLC and download it again.

I'm currently on step 2, so hopefully this time it will complete successfully.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 03:56:01 PM »

From what I've gathered, the servers were just overloaded last night.

Hopefully they will have alloted a bit more server/bandwith to the download today.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 04:07:02 PM »

I waited about 3 hours last night and only got to 20%.  This morning before my workout I tried the download again, and it only took about 20 minutes.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 04:12:29 PM »

That's what happens when it isn't fully deployed to their servers yet. I got that same problem with some "advanced" releases during E3 (like when the Lost Planet demo was leaked a few hours early)

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 04:32:08 PM »

Yup, I was able to get it downloaded this morning around 6:30 and it went really fast, Last night just was a bad night for marketplace, it makes me reconsider getting DLC when it first comes out.  Everyone was having issues, I was on hold with customer service for 148 min last night and just got so mad I hung up and went to sleep.  Regardless Microsoft needs to get things figured out before they release more/popular DLC.

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 09:37:34 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
That's what happens when it isn't fully deployed to their servers yet. I got that same problem with some "advanced" releases during E3 (like when the Lost Planet demo was leaked a few hours early)

Nah, it's what happens with thousands of people try to get at it at once.  MS uses a mega-datacenter for all the Live stuff, but it still doesn't mean they have unlimited bandwidth.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 09:47:08 PM »

So papasmurff and I have been messing around with the new campaign missions.  Let me just say... OW.

Lots of objectives.  SF marksmen with sniping rifles.  Multiple vehicles, including ones that take multiple grenades to kill.  Enemy grenadiers who will happily nail you with a grenade from across the map.

Ow.

So much fun, but after being used to running through the 1st chapter solo or duo without much problem.  I'm really wanting some more people to help on these <g>

Pikachu, I Blame you!
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 10:44:13 PM »

I'll be downloading this later today should be on around 8pm Az time shoot me an invite if you guys are on.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 11:10:56 PM »

Ok, Jarrodhk and I noticed there are no achievement points!!! I mean not to complain but it would still be nice to get some points!

depward

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2006, 01:40:44 AM »

I can't pay 1200 gamerpoints for this.  Sorry dudes (and dudettes)!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2006, 02:59:51 AM »

no achievement points?!?  that sux0rz!

i wouldn't buy it at that high a price, myself, but my family's broke, lol...and we did get an awful lot of play time out of the first four co-op campaign missions.

still...no achievements? BAH! *pouts in the corner*

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2006, 03:27:47 AM »

It does suck but as jarrod said we have already had a lot of fun with the content.  It sucks that we spent about 2 hrs beating the first mission, (just the 2 of us), and got no points!!! It sucks but the maps have been really really fun.  If anyone is on in about an hour and half I will probably be playing.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2006, 05:23:28 AM »

I've had a lot of fun with the maps so far and still haven't gotten a chance to try out the new battle mode or blind siege mode.

I'm really puzzled by the gamer points thing.  They charge us 1200 ms points, and then no achievements?  Seems really strange.  It also takes out most of the motivation to go through the campaign missions perfectly, and with only one life.

The new maps definitely seem to be made to pretty much require a minimum of 2-3 people if you want to accomplish all of the goals.  You also need to be much more catious than on the first 4... no counting wharf.  The new maps have lots of trees/buildings to screen the tangos from the drone, so you have to adjust to watching for movement.

It also seems that the AI is a bit smarter about running for cover, and a bit more accurate than before.  The accuracy may just be a side effect of some tangos having better weapons now.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 03:18:19 PM »

I'm confused about something here.  Are there single player levels included?  I was under the impression that it's just multi and that some of that is co-op.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 06:53:17 PM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
The new maps have lots of trees/buildings to screen the tangos from the drone, so you have to adjust to watching for movement.

but i'd already adjusted for that.  *points to the fun of Last Man Standing with no drone* *also points to the times you or papa came around the corner in PVP and got blasted in the face because you didn't check that little nook behind you*

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 10:33:17 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
I'm confused about something here.  Are there single player levels included?  I was under the impression that it's just multi and that some of that is co-op.

To my knowledge all the new material is multiplayer.  The main portion of which are the new multiplayer campaign missions which are played over live.

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 11:37:19 PM »

Ok, so I have been browsing the xbox forums on xbox.com and apparently there are talks of Ubi releasing another update to correct two issues: one walking through bolders and the other to add the achievement points.  However, I have also heard that 1000 points is the max that you can get, all graw has is 925 so there are 75 pts to spare.  I don't know, this could happen and it might not, Personally I dont' care, I just think that it is werid to update and update just after it was released.

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2006, 04:23:10 PM »

Is anyone having problems with their 360 since/after they downloaded the new graw DLC?

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2006, 09:04:38 PM »

Quote from: "papasmurff"
Is anyone having problems with their 360 since/after they downloaded the new graw DLC?

uh oh

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 03:08:55 AM »

I haven't had any problems with my XBox.. The wife and I have probably clocked 20+ hours on the 360 since d/loading the GRAW DLC.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 03:50:07 AM »

I haven't had any problems I have just heard a lot of complaints about 360's not working after downloading the DLC.  I was hoping that it was a few isolated incidents and wasn't something that I was going to have to deal with.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2006, 08:15:35 AM »

No crashes/problems with connections here.  But, others have been talking about it.

I managed to get through Jungle mine and shipping port by myself tonight.  With infinite respawns on of course.  7 deaths on Jungle Mine, 12 on shipping port.  Of course I killed 68 people, 2 apcs, and an attack chopper on the shipping port.

There is definitely more need for grenadiers/rockets on the new maps.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: