http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 02:35:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New demo on 360 Marketplace  (Read 795 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2006, 01:21:59 AM »

FYI, there is a new demo up on marketplace of Hitman Blood Money.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 04:20:50 AM »

Off to the DL.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
MilkDud
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 06:17:53 AM »

Am I the only one that thought that the interface was terrible?  Click the left thumbstick to throw stuff?!?!  Soo stupid.  Stand still in front of the window then push forward to climb through? I mean come on!
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 08:46:38 AM »

Quote from: "MilkDud"
Am I the only one that thought that the interface was terrible?  Click the left thumbstick to throw stuff?!?!  Soo stupid.  Stand still in front of the window then push forward to climb through? I mean come on!

Sounds just like all the past Hitman games. Great concept, pathetic controls and interface.

Rah.

Nice to know some things never change.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 11:44:36 AM »

I did not like how everything you do seems scripted.  I thought the demo was cool, but I felt like I was playing a movie.  I mean can this game get anymore linear?
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 11:57:39 AM »

Quote from: "The_Man"

I did not like how everything you do seems scripted.  I thought the demo was cool, but I felt like I was playing a movie.  I mean can this game get anymore linear?

My only thought is that this level is the tutorial for the game.  I feel fairly confident the main game isn't this linear.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 12:00:17 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"

My only thought is that this level is the tutorial for the game.  I feel fairly confident the main game isn't this linear.

You are absolutely correct.  It is the only area that is like this.  Every level afterwords is completely free-form.  In the mission I'm playing I have had no less than 4-5 ways to take out just one target including accidents, a well placed shot, poison, etc.   Not to worry...just a stupid demo selection for IO and Eidos.  Not to fret...I'll have my review up before you have to put the cash on the table.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 12:02:39 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
Quote from: "Arkon"

You are absolutely correct.  It is the only area that is like this.  Every level afterwords is completely free-form.  In the mission I'm playing I have had no less than 4-5 ways to take out just one target including accidents, a well placed shot, poison, etc.   Not to worry...just a stupid demo selection for IO and Eidos.  Not to fret...I'll have my review up before you have to put the cash on the table.

awesome KD, great news.  Might I suggest putting a blurb in your review about the demo.  Many people may get turned off from it, a little reassurance that this is the case may go a long way.

And is it just me or was there no announcement about this demo and it just kind of showed up?  I was heading in to the demos download to grab MotoGP and it was sitting there right on top.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 04:02:19 PM »

The controls are fine. Even if you think that they made some odd choices regarding button mapping, the game controls fine and I never felt like I had to fight the controls to do something.

I really liked the demo. Only negatives are that the graphics look like an upscladed Xbox game (whicih it essentially is) and the game keeps the same floaty movement animations for Agent 47 that were in the previous titles.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 04:27:17 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"
upscladed

Man, I HATE upscladed graphics. All that Bimp Mump mapping and Vertalexes with the Shedders and Driw Dastances. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 10:01:31 PM »

I actually thought the game looked pretty good.  Prettier outside than inside, but better than, say, Far Cry Instincts Predator.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: