http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 06:28:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Amped or SSX game?  (Read 1620 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2005, 02:04:47 AM »

Hey all, for those in the know, will there be a new SSX or Amped game any time soon?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 02:41:35 AM »

Quote from: "leo8877"
Hey all, for those in the know, will there be a new SSX or Amped game any time soon?

SSX 3 is supposed to be it for this generation.  There will be another SSX game but it will be for next gen consoles.

Don't know about another Amped game.  Amped 2 bombed horribly and IIRC didn't the Amped developer get bought out?
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 07:23:30 AM »

Amped, Top Spin and Links were sold to Take Two.  Presumably they'll be part of the 2K sports line.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 07:48:03 AM »

I'm going to guess that Amped 3 may be an Xbox 2 launch title...although since Microsoft no longer "owns" the series it might not be exclusive anymore.  I find it interesting that UbiSoft got its hands on the code for some of MS' sports games (Rivals, Links, Inside Pitch), but that doesn't matter for this question.

I've also heard rumblings of a new SSX game in the works.  EA Sports Big seems to be on a 2-year cycle nowadays, so I wouldn't be surprised to see an SSX title unveiled at E3 this year, possibly for this generation of systems and the Xbox 2 (if it comes out this year).

And yes, I am part of the journalistic industry, but I have no inside information about this stuff unfortunately.  If I did I probably couldn't say anything about it, so these are only guesses.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 08:32:30 AM »

Amped 2 bombed? That sucks - I loved the first one.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 03:42:07 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"

I never played the first one, but Amped 2 was great fun.  I liked how it was more realistic than SSX.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 04:40:09 PM »

Quote from: "leo8877"

I never played the first one, but Amped 2 was great fun.  I liked how it was more realistic than SSX.

I think the second one was much better, enjoyed it greatly, much better than SSX IMO (realism vs arcade).

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 06:04:59 PM »

I couldn't stand the SSX series after playing Amped. I found Amped really captured the spirit of riding, but then gave me the ability to pull off tricks I could only dream of doing.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 07:25:46 PM »

I couldn't stand the SSX series after playing Amped. I found Amped really captured the spirit of riding, but then gave me the ability to pull off tricks I could only dream of doing.

Exactly. And the online component rocks. It was one of the first games I noticed had the "rotating host" option (where the host could drop and it moves to the next best potential host without interrupt).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 08:38:17 PM »

Man, this is bringing back some old memories. My brother had the Xbox, and my friends, his friends, and the two of us would all just chill playing Amped, passing the controller on to someone else after a run. Wasn't so much about really nailing high scores, but more about shooting the shit while playing something that we all dug in real life. Yeah, if there's one word that comes to mind with Amped, it's "chill".

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 08:43:30 PM »

I don't snowboard (or ski) at all and I love SSX and Amped for what they respectively do (over the top/realistic).

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 10:55:43 PM »

It's funny you say that. My two big winter sports are hockey and snowboarding. I can't stand "realistic" hockey games, like EA's NHL 200X, but I love NHL Hitz. On the other hand, I can't stand SSX's outrageous style of gameplay, while I dig Amped's more realistic style (and that's simply more realistic than SSX - the game is still Superman goes snowboarding). I knew SSX wasn't for me when some dude started to breakdance on his snowboard, yet I'm comfortable with a hockey player with the head of a shark shooting flaming pucks on an ice rink that's on the moon. Go figure.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 11:07:35 PM »

EGM reported that the next iteration of SSX will be a launch title for the Xbox2/Next/360/whatever a few months back...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 06:04:16 AM »

It's funny you say that. My two big winter sports are hockey and snowboarding. I can't stand "realistic" hockey games, like EA's NHL 200X, but I love NHL Hitz. On the other hand, I can't stand SSX's outrageous style of gameplay, while I dig Amped's more realistic style (and that's simply more realistic than SSX - the game is still Superman goes snowboarding). I knew SSX wasn't for me when some dude started to breakdance on his snowboard, yet I'm comfortable with a hockey player with the head of a shark shooting flaming pucks on an ice rink that's on the moon. Go figure.

:lol:  Im the same way though. I ski and I love amped but dislike ssx (there isnt a good skiing game ever mdae, so I have to live with snowboarding). I also play soccer a lot and tend to like Red Card. For some reason im ok with it being compeltely absurd and dont mind kickign the ref and other players in the chest with both feet. Funny, I thought maybe I was the only one.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2005, 07:39:26 AM »

Total thread derailment: ever try Sega's Soccer Slam on the Cube? It was wicked fun in the same vein as Jam or Hitz or Blitz. Just wish there had been more variety in the teams.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 09:11:00 AM »

Total thread derailment: ever try Sega's Soccer Slam on the Cube? It was wicked fun in the same vein as Jam or Hitz or Blitz. Just wish there had been more variety in the teams.

I havnt tried it yet, but I keep an open eye for it as I heard it was pretty fun. Hard to come by these days. Some day ill pick it up on ebay.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 04:54:12 PM »

KD, what's this?  Stoked rider, cell shading?  Where the hell do I sign up!!!!!

http://www.stokedrider.com/index.htm

EDIT:  Wait a minute, this is for PC!  Damn.  I want to play snowboard games on my console.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: