http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 01:10:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Advent Rising Trailer  (Read 911 times)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2005, 03:26:39 AM »

Gamespot has posted a new Advent Rising Trailer (Trailer 5):

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/adventrising/media.html?gcst=adventrising_ot_mul_050905.asx

Most importantly the trailer specifically mentions May 31 so hopefully its pretty much a lock since we're so close.

Really hope this one lives up to its potential.  The trailer is long on cinematics and they look suitably epic and the rest of the production values look stellar.  It does have some gameplay footage too though and they are also very cool.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 04:17:21 PM »

Leveling up, shooting, aliens, and vehicles - can't wait.  I've been watching this one since it was announced, and expect to get it as one of my full-price games.  What backlog?  :roll:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Temjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 06:03:54 PM »

It's also only $30 on the PC, compared to $50 on consoles.  I'm starting to love Majesco.

Now Playing
Wii:  Zelda: TP
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 06:24:16 PM »

This game has been on my radar for well over a year now.  I'll be very interested to see the reviews once it's released.

-Autistic Angel
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 11:55:03 PM »

while it's on the PC and cheaper, i'm sure it's going to play a lot better on the xbox, control wise.
Temjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 12:33:55 AM »

The new logitech gamepads are almost identical to the PS2 dualshock controllers, so the difference is minimal.  I didn't have any problems with Psychonauts on the PC.

Now Playing
Wii:  Zelda: TP
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 01:14:25 AM »

Here's hoping that this one is both good, and that it sells enough that they can do the full series that they have planned.

With Orson Scott Card writing it (if Play is to be believed, that was at his request), I'm expecting some good things.

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 11:48:38 PM »

Anyone still excited that this comes out next week?  I love everything about what I have seen and heard to date.  My one and only concern is the control/camera issues.  Hope they can nail it like God of War did.  Control was easy to pick up and play and the camera was never an issue.  If they can do that here, I think we have a mega sleeper hit on our hands.  Can't wait to fire this one up.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 11:58:41 PM »

Quote from: "Temjin"
The new logitech gamepads are almost identical to the PS2 dualshock controllers, so the difference is minimal.  I didn't have any problems with Psychonauts on the PC.

I will never use that gamepad again.  They have a known issue where the left analog stick goes out of calibration.  The only way to solve it is to replug it in, only for it to happen 20 mins later.  I used to use that for Madden/NBA Live and many other people have had the same issues.  Even logitech acknoledges it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: