http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 02:11:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights 2 Impressions  (Read 30245 times)
DamageInc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2006, 04:12:04 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on November 16, 2006, 10:17:59 PM

Quote from: DamageInc on November 16, 2006, 03:15:33 PM

I am getting ready to start playing with three other people. We mapped out our builds and what would make a good team and what we like to play.
I think this will help make the game more enjoyable as now you only need to manage your char versus your char and either shoddy AI teamates or micro-managing puppet mode

I really think this is what they intended.

I'll try and update how the game is different when going through with this format.

Can you critique how much effort goes into setting up the multiplayer and making the connection?  Especially if it includes shutting off firewalls or opening ports on routers and whatnot.

NWN1 was such a nightmare to set up, even on a LAN.

Oh yeah, planned on it. Networking code, or the lack thereof, is my biggest pet peeve of games that intend to rely on multiplayer

I already gave full firewall access to all the executables NWN 2 has so the FW shouldn't be an issue, it's the Linksys router I am concerned with.
Looks like they only use port 5121 by default though for Internet games without the use of Gamespy
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:14:31 AM by DamageInc » Logged

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 17, 2006, 03:16:38 PM »

Well, Jeff Jones and I have been playing using Hamachi. Easy as pie then. We just connect to our own virtual LAN in hamachi, I host the game and he sees it listed under LAN games. He joins. No worries.
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 17, 2006, 08:01:19 PM »

Well I'm still not to Neverwinter, but I'm digging the game.  I don't like the controls or the camera (okay, same problem for me) but the game has been really fun so far.  I don't have much game time lately but when I have some I'm plugging away on this one.  I look forward to finishing it and trying out multi some day.
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2006, 09:21:19 PM »

Quote from: Austin on November 17, 2006, 08:01:19 PM

Well I'm still not to Neverwinter, but I'm digging the game.  I don't like the controls or the camera (okay, same problem for me) but the game has been really fun so far.  I don't have much game time lately but when I have some I'm plugging away on this one.  I look forward to finishing it and trying out multi some day.

Austin, you just wait biggrin It gets better when you get to Neverwinter. But once you hit Act II the game just comes into its own.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 18, 2006, 07:33:37 AM »

Okay, so we played tonight. Everything ran smooth except for a couple of slow downs when the big battles were taking place.
Here are my specs as I was hosting.

Linksys WRT54G with port 5121 forwarded and the only one needed
ZA firewall with all exes having full access (There is like 8 of them, but they are not all necessary)
2.6 HT P4 w/ 875 PAT chipset
1 GB HyperX Ram in dual channel mode
BFG 6800 GT OC
On board sound
9 MB Down 1 MB Up Cable connection

Cool things:
Anyone can initiate a quest but once they do they have control over the answers, so make sure the "Bluff/Intimidate/Diplomacy" person initiates them
Anyone can pause and unpause (a setting) and it doesn't have to be the same person that initiated it
The NPC's still join your party per the game's storyline
Everyone got the quest items. i.e. the tutorial Harvest Cloak which has the added benefit of easy identification of your friends versus NPCs

Annoyances:
No auto-split of the coin, but it works well if you are all friends
Multiple people can have issues trying to access the vendors at the same time
Conversations lock out the actions of others

General help:
Remember to export your chars and save before exiting the game
Use Ventrilo or whatever you like, it helps and is easier then the on board chat(obvious)

We had a great deal of fun playing and balancing all the extra stuff across the different chars like identifying items(Lore), merchant skills(Appraise), and the speech skills(Diplomacy, Bluff and Intimidate)

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 07:37:03 AM by DamageInc » Logged

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2006, 03:06:13 PM »

One VERY important thing to keep in mind - whoever is doing the 'talking' gets all the alignment changes from being a nice guy or an evil bastard. So if your party leader is trying to be a total ass *coughRoncough* it won't affect any other characters in the party (if you have to stay a certain alignment to continue advancement for example).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 19, 2006, 12:49:47 AM »

I hate to say it, but for me, the game is just flat-out busted.  I think I reached my bullshit limit.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm at the red dragon.  I tried to fight her, but she can't be beaten.  At least, my party can't come close.  And we've walked through every other encounter in the game with no problem.  But the dragon?  Forget it.  I turned down the difficulty to no avail.  I try to remove her enchants, my spells fail about 75% of the time.  I can't do enough damage to her before the fire resist wears off.  And so forth.  It's just not possible.

So I try plan B - we talk to the dragon to come kill the fire giants.  Except the dragon doesn't show up.  So I go talk to the fire giant king and start a fight.  She still doesn't show up.  It's about the 10th "trigger" in the game that hasn't worked correctly and I'm fucking tired of that bullshit.

It's a fine game when it works.  But that's simply not enough when a ton of the triggers just don't work.  I'm not reverting to yet another saved position, so I have a choice: cheat (turn on invincibility) or put it away.

As such, anyone who wants this game, pst me with a fair deal and I'll send it to you.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
unbreakable
« Reply #287 on: November 19, 2006, 04:00:29 PM »

Hit my first show-stopper bug.  I'm in Neverwinter, and have to visit guardtowers.  For some reason, one of them (not even one specific one) keeps breaking the script and crashing the game.

Things which annoy me:
  • the AI
  • the ^$%* camera
  • "lag"
  • no right-clicking

I like the game... or rather, I like NWN, but since NWN1 is now persona non grata, you are essentially being forced into NWN2 if you like the game.

Honestly, aside from a new storyline, I haven't seen an earth-shattering reason to upgrade.  Some improvements:
  • no more "inventory tetris"
  • grouping is an actual interface window, rather than dialogue based

I'm not sure what I'll do.  I may put it aside for a while until another patch.
unbreakable
« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2006, 07:05:03 PM »

Blah, I just suffered through it, kept saving then would close the game and reload if it errored out.

Reinstalling my video drivers seemed to solve most of the graphics problems.  But since the problems cleared up after I left that area, I'm thinking the scripts were the culprit.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2006, 10:58:46 PM »

Weird, as I had no issues at all getting past this point.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Luke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 21, 2006, 07:49:27 AM »

An encouraging Obsidian interview

Expect more patches, with upcoming bug fixes, UI (specifically the camera), and performance improvements.

Edit: And more.

Weapon combos in hotbar: Added the ability to set up dual weapon, weapon & shield, or weapon & torch combos in the hotbar. Clicking the hotbar button for a weapon you already have equipped will unequip it.

Camera Changes: We've made a series of camera changes to this version:
New options for adjusting sensitivity for controlling the camera by keyboard, mouse, and edge of screen.
Chase Cam adjusted to work more like NWN1.
In free cam mode, the arrow keys now pan the camera, and holding down CTRL will zoom and yaw the camera.
Added bindable keyboard key for mouse look / camera control. This mimics functionality of pressing down the middle mouse button for those without a middle mouse button.

Graphics Optimizations: A number of new graphics optimizations have been added:
Anti-Aliasing Support: Anti-aliasing is now supported and can be enabled in the Options Menu. Please note: This could significantly affect frame rate, depending on your hardware.
Shadow Rendering: Shadow rendering speed has been improved.
Tree Rendering: Speed improvements to the rendering of trees.
Water Rendering: Speed improvements to how water is rendered by the engine.

New Options:
Buy/Sell Confirmation: You can now turn off the buy/sell confirmation dialog.
Options menu has been reorganized to support many new camera control options.
You can now change keybindings in game.

Database Support:
The database script functions from NWN1 have been re-enabled. They are now significantly faster in many cases.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 07:59:18 AM by Luke » Logged
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 21, 2006, 01:32:02 PM »

Anything about the broken behavior tabs and piss poor AI?  I didnt see a mention for either when I read the Obsidian post about 1.03 over at the Bioware boards.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 21, 2006, 01:45:58 PM »

1.03 patch sounds hot.  I've been wanting to put more time into this one but I definitely think I'll wait for that patch to hit.  Any rough ETA on it?
unbreakable
« Reply #293 on: November 21, 2006, 04:41:05 PM »

They mention something functioning like the middle mouse button... but ingame, the MMB has never done anything for me.

So getting a keybinding to do nothing... I'm not much of a programmer, but I think even I could manage that one.
gilgamex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 24, 2006, 11:35:27 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on November 21, 2006, 04:41:05 PM

They mention something functioning like the middle mouse button... but ingame, the MMB has never done anything for me.

So getting a keybinding to do nothing... I'm not much of a programmer, but I think even I could manage that one.

Well, it is by default the button to rotate the camera. Finally we will be able to remap that key. (of course the nwn2mouse.exe mod does this just fine)

By the way, Obsidian has released the beta for 1.03 and it is available for download.
unbreakable
« Reply #295 on: November 25, 2006, 04:22:30 AM »

Hmm.  I would be perfectly happy if the MMB rotated the camera.  I'll check the config and stuff, I have no idea why it doesn't work.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 26, 2006, 04:33:40 AM »

It's possible I'm imaging things, but the Beta pach really seems to have improved performance.  I'm now able to play in 1680x1050 with Water Reflection and Refraction enabled and everything is very smooth.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2006, 04:40:47 AM »

If you hit tilde and bring down the console, typing showfps will give you an FPS readout at the top of your screen.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2006, 05:11:04 AM »

Quote from: -Lord Ebonstone- on November 26, 2006, 04:40:47 AM

If you hit tilde and bring down the console, typing showfps will give you an FPS readout at the top of your screen.

Yeah, I'm averaging about 20-30 fps which is about what I was getting before at 1280x1024 w/ the water stuff off.  Of course I'm also in different areas that I was before so I can't guarantee it will be the same for everyone, but I'm pretty happy with the visuals/performance now. 
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 28, 2006, 04:02:58 PM »

I haven't really offered up any gameplay impressions before now because, quite frankly, I hadn't put more than a couple of hours in here and there and didn't really feel qualified to comment.  However, with the Beta patch out, I put in a bunch of hours since Turkey Day and the game has really engaged me.

Also, one thing that was a huge help to me was downloading a font size modifier from the NWN2 boards- I found the default font size too small for resolutions 1280x1024 and above.

First, The Good:

-Really happy with my choice of Bard for my main character.  The different "passive" enhancements that the bard gets are constantly useful.  In towns or other non-combat situations I enable the skill boost enhancements and in combat I enable the Damage/Hit enhancements or Regen as needed.  The Mode interface bar makes it all very slick and easy.

Also, going with the bard, lots of good dialogue options and the game does reward you with experience for talking your way out of a situation. 

In general, I'm finding uses for all of the characters I've met so far and it's hard leaving someone behind in the inn.  There is a console hack you can use to increase your number of party members but I think it has potential issues in screwing up your influence with the party. 

- The plot- while nothing spectacular in and of itself (currently with the Watch in Act 1), I'm very impressed with the way that almost all of sidequests and character subplots have been integrated with the main story.  Makes it feel much more natural to ignore the main story and do sidequests without feeling like you are sacrificing forward momentum. 

- NPC interaction- really well done.  Makes it fun to put characters of opposite temperment into the party just to watch the sparks fly.  Interaction is also very frequent.

- Combat- took me a while to warm up to it and it's certainly hampered by the AI (See "The Bad") but with four people in my party I feel like I have a nice, diverse set of options.  Early on almost every encounter was just letting the party auto-whack on all of the enemies.  Now I find I'm taking direct control of casters for specfiic spell use, then grabbing my rogue to postion her properly for back stabs, etc. 

- Quests/Objectives- Nice variety now and very clever.  Not everything is resolved through combat.  I've gone on quests that had a combat/exploration/dialogue mix that were driven by the choices I made, as well as a quest or two that could be played with just my rogue separate from my party, some straight up puzzles with minimal combat, etc.

The Bad:

- Interface is still kind of kludgy.  I accept it here and in the first game to a degree because it seems like a side effect of the modular nature of the game but it definitely could be improved.   Though, as mentioned above, some aspects of it work great like the Mode Bar.

- Inventory management- Lots of different slots for storage but it ends up being a huge mess.  Not helped by the fact that icons are too small and often don't resemble what they are so I have to rely on tooltips to tell me what many inventory items are. 

-AI.  Lots of discussion on this already so I don't have much to add.  Really needs more options as well as the ability to fine tune the feedback more (like the autopause function the BG games had).  I've gone over to puppet mode for the  most part but the interface is still too unwieldy for that.  The game is just begging for drag and select boxes but it doesn't look like that will ever happen.

-Cutscenes- if there is anything I wish that Western RPG devs would take from JRPGs, it's in-engine cutscenes.  After sitting through the in-engine cutscenes of something like FFXII, which uses dynamic camera angles and unique animation, the NWN/KOTOR approach of no animation, characters standing rooted in postion with alternating over the shoulder camera shots robs some of the scenes of drama. 

-Voice acting- not really a negative so much as a mixed bag.  A lot of the main characters are voiced well but there is still too much inconsistency here. 

Overall, though, the game has really hooked me and I'm enjoying it immensely.     
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: November 29, 2006, 07:37:33 PM »

I think the voice acting is very well done for the most part.  Some of the characters are awesome.  A few are just mediocre.  Most are above average.  Contrast the voices here with Gothic 3.

Its been mentioned before but this guy http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=11 is continuing to work on his AI scripts and they are far superior to the default scripts.  They are must have downloads if you are playing the game w/o Puppet Mode on.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 29, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »

Quote from: olaf on November 29, 2006, 07:37:33 PM

I think the voice acting is very well done for the most part.  Some of the characters are awesome.  A few are just mediocre.  Most are above average.  Contrast the voices here with Gothic 3.

Its been mentioned before but this guy http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=11 is continuing to work on his AI scripts and they are far superior to the default scripts.  They are must have downloads if you are playing the game w/o Puppet Mode on.

I'm glad you mentioned that hak.  I was perusing that earlier today and I'm all for AI improvements but with only 10 votes I wasn't really sure if it was worth messing with.  I'll definitely download and give it a try tonight. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2006, 12:56:15 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 29, 2006, 08:15:38 PM

Quote from: olaf on November 29, 2006, 07:37:33 PM

I'm glad you mentioned that hak.  I was perusing that earlier today and I'm all for AI improvements but with only 10 votes I wasn't really sure if it was worth messing with.  I'll definitely download and give it a try tonight. 
Makes me want to try it again actually...but still, why is there no damned drag and drop option? How hard is that?
unbreakable
« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2006, 05:55:57 PM »

Drag and drop?  Of what?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2006, 05:59:14 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on November 30, 2006, 05:55:57 PM

Drag and drop?  Of what?

Of the party- RTS style (or Baldur's Gate if you prefer).  So if I want all of my party members to concentrate on a single enemy or to pair up or whatever, then I just drag a box to select them then click on the enemy to attack. 
unbreakable
« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2006, 07:11:14 PM »

Yeah, I noticed that too, it's pretty annoying.

I've found that if you get rid of your entire party at the Inn's party interface, you can re-add them in the order you want.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2006, 07:44:20 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 30, 2006, 05:59:14 PM

Drag and drop?  Of what?

Of the party- RTS style (or Baldur's Gate if you prefer).  So if I want all of my party members to concentrate on a single enemy or to pair up or whatever, then I just drag a box to select them then click on the enemy to attack. 

Yes. Thanks KMG-do you think this is possible in a mod btw? This is perhaps my biggest problem with NWN2.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 30, 2006, 07:54:41 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 30, 2006, 07:44:20 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 30, 2006, 05:59:14 PM

Drag and drop?  Of what?

Yes. Thanks KMG-do you think this is possible in a mod btw? This is perhaps my biggest problem with NWN2.

I'm certainly not an expert but I'm guessing something like that is probably out of the scope of what the modders have access to.  So if it were to happen it would probably have to come from Obsidian and I haven't seen them mention that as a possible thing to patch.  Maybe something for an expansion. 

What would also work pretty decently and should be able to be modded and or patched:

- More Broadcast Command options.  Options like "Attack my Target" would help for coordinated attacks.

-For the love of God  why isn't the Broadcast Command (and other items in the context menu) stuff hotkeyable and linkable in the Action Bar? 

If I could get just those, I would be pretty damn happy. 
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 13, 2007, 07:32:05 PM »

Anyone still playing this?  I just picked it up, and yesterday updated to 1.04760.  I haven't really got into it yet other than leaving the first house and talking to the two NPCs who join your party.

Had a really really hard time picking a race and class... I took a wood elf ranger, thinking I'd go Arcane Archer, just based on the class descriptions, but I hate missing out on 3/4 of the loot because I can't use it, or missing out on cool spell effects because I can't cast, etc...  Is an archer an effective way to go?  Is it fun?  Am I going to miss a ton of dialog?

What is a good class to play to really get to see the meat of the game?  I played BG2 and Throne of Bhaal back in the day but never played NWN1.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 13, 2007, 08:01:41 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on April 13, 2007, 07:32:05 PM

Anyone still playing this?  I just picked it up, and yesterday updated to 1.04760.  I haven't really got into it yet other than leaving the first house and talking to the two NPCs who join your party.

Had a really really hard time picking a race and class... I took a wood elf ranger, thinking I'd go Arcane Archer, just based on the class descriptions, but I hate missing out on 3/4 of the loot because I can't use it, or missing out on cool spell effects because I can't cast, etc...  Is an archer an effective way to go?  Is it fun?  Am I going to miss a ton of dialog?

What is a good class to play to really get to see the meat of the game?  I played BG2 and Throne of Bhaal back in the day but never played NWN1.

I have tried to get into it twice now and haven't been able to (granted only about 3 hours each time)I have a race and class that I want to play and the character already made so next time I give it a try I am just going to start from where I stopped. Maybe getting my new rig will make me enjoy it more if its super smooth. I probably will try it again in a few months when i have a lot more free time. I really want to like it, but so far just can't get into it.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 13, 2007, 09:57:12 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on April 13, 2007, 07:32:05 PM

Rowdy, on my 1st play through of NWN1 I went with a Bard/Red Dragon Disciple/Arcane Archer build. Of course the race I chose was elf, which makes perfect sense for a DEX based build like this. I think my progression break down was Bard 1-5, RDD 1-7, AA 1-4, RDD 8-9. There are many guides / threads on Arcane Archer builds on the Bioware forums, so I strongly encourage you to do some searching there.

Although it wasn't until the end game that I finally made AA, it still was an excellent and very interesting build.  Being able to use the same character in the HoU expansion made it all the worth while. The inclusion of Bard with good lore skill meant I was able to use many of the items I acquired. And the RDD's dragon breath weapon is just awesome! smile

I'm currently about 2/3's through NWN2 and I'm going with my one of my tried and true favorite builds of Dwarf Cleric with 1 lvl of fighter.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 11, 2007, 04:40:23 PM »

I'm finally sucked in.  I decided to go with a Human Warlock and I'm having a blast (literally).  Right now I have Neeshka, Khelgar and Quara in my party and I've decided to go down the evil path to get into Blacklake (the quest line you get right after you get to Neverwinter).  When combat hits I take control of Qara and pelt everyone with Fireballs while my Warlock uses the Eldritch blast that does fire damage and has a chance to do chained attacks one one additional opponent.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 11, 2007, 04:51:08 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 11, 2007, 04:40:23 PM

I'm finally sucked in.  I decided to go with a Human Warlock and I'm having a blast (literally).  Right now I have Neeshka, Khelgar and Quara in my party and I've decided to go down the evil path to get into Blacklake (the quest line you get right after you get to Neverwinter).  When combat hits I take control of Qara and pelt everyone with Fireballs while my Warlock uses the Eldritch blast that does fire damage and has a chance to do chained attacks one one additional opponent.

Do me a favor and tell me what AI settings you have your comrades on-also, do you pretty much just control your main guy in combat? I just hate, hate hate the party system in this game and don't understand why they couldn't just give us the old tried and true. Iwant to play it though, its pretty, runs well on my new system, and I want to try out some of the funky character combos.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 11, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on May 11, 2007, 04:51:08 PM

Do me a favor and tell me what AI settings you have your comrades on-also, do you pretty much just control your main guy in combat? I just hate, hate hate the party system in this game and don't understand why they couldn't just give us the old tried and true. Iwant to play it though, its pretty, runs well on my new system, and I want to try out some of the funky character combos.

I just have them on their default setting which seem to be doing OK. I though the original NWN had more AI options than the sequel though.  Basically if I find a characted is getting pounded on I take direct control of them and let the computer control my main guy (the computer tends to target his blasts alot quicker than I can) until the combat is over.  If you want someone to stay out of combat then equip them with a ranged weapon and plenty of ammo.

The only bad thing so far is that the AI tends to waste spells like crazy even on the conservative spell casting settings.

Because I can,
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2007, 05:32:34 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 11, 2007, 05:22:00 PM

Quote from: Calvin on May 11, 2007, 04:51:08 PM

I just have them on their default setting which seem to be doing OK. I though the original NWN had more AI options than the sequel though.  Basically if I find a characted is getting pounded on I take direct control of them and let the computer control my main guy (the computer tends to target his blasts alot quicker than I can) until the combat is over.  If you want someone to stay out of combat then equip them with a ranged weapon and plenty of ammo.

The only bad thing so far is that the AI tends to waste spells like crazy even on the conservative spell casting settings.

Yeah, there has been an AI "issue" (read-poor programming, QC, and lack of desire to fix it) since launch (I did buy this game at launch, big mistake!). Anyhoo, that is one reason that I was taking manual control of the casters, since I generally prefer to play some kind of melee class in these games since you can be more involved. Looks like I will keep this on my things to play list since you indicate that its growing on you.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 11, 2007, 06:31:55 PM »

Is there any way to get your companions to follow you around when you move, but still have puppet mode on?  I want to control their moves in combat, but it's getting tiresome to have to click on each member of my party and manually move them while I'm exploring.  I've been turning off puppet mode while moving and then turning it back on for combat, but that is also a hassle.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
unbreakable
« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2007, 09:04:04 PM »

I'll need to patch and restart the game.  A friend told me many of my main annoyances with the game have been taken care of.

Is there an online character builder utility anywhere?  I would like to go with something besides my standard fighter build.  While it ends up being totally kick ass, I'd kind of like to try something different.  But ugh... too... many... options...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 14, 2007, 03:28:20 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on May 11, 2007, 09:04:04 PM

I'll need to patch and restart the game.  A friend told me many of my main annoyances with the game have been taken care of.

Is there an online character builder utility anywhere?  I would like to go with something besides my standard fighter build.  While it ends up being totally kick ass, I'd kind of like to try something different.  But ugh... too... many... options...

Not that I've seen, which is why I ended up playing the beginning areas up to Neverwinter a few times before finding a class I really liked (Warlock). 

I ran into my first 'Holy Crap!' fight last night which involved Quara.  I was leaving a building and it went to a cut scene of the party being surrounded by about 15-20 mages.  After a brief discussion they all opened fire at the same time-  I managed to avoid a total party kill by getting lucky and having Neeshka run off towards a portion of the docks where there were a bunch of city watch guys who attacked the mages as soon as one of their area of effect spells hit them.  Luckily on normal difficulty death isn't permanent or else that fight would have really sucked.  Not happy with the results I reloaded only to find out that as soon as you take down the leader the fight ends as my NPC's went after him first that time around.

I have noticed the occasional 'lag spike', where I'd be moving the party and all of a sudden they'd slingshot back a bit, which is kind of odd, but other than that it's been smooth sailing performance wise.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 17, 2007, 07:34:11 AM »

so... about the ending..... WTF?  saywhat

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: June 17, 2007, 09:27:31 AM »

think there's multiple endings Ceekay.  slywink

I got a good ways through this game, but man the D&D rules set just got on my nerves after a while.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: