http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 04:31:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NES turns 20!  (Read 843 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2005, 10:38:27 PM »

Cool series of articles at 1Up all week long on the 20th anniversary of the Nintendo Entertainment System.  Article here.

What were your favorite NES games?  Any hidden treasures that didn't get a lot of attention?
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 10:48:53 PM »

Dragon Warrior I, Karnov, Duck Tales, the list goes on . . . and on . . . and on.  Oh, and Zelda II.  BELIEVE IT!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 01:42:32 AM »

The NES is undoubtedly my favorite gaming system.  I wasted, er.. enjoyed so many hundreds, maybe even into the thousands, of hours of my childhood on that system.  So many fond memories.  Castlevania 2 was my favorite game on that system.  20 years?! Wow time flies.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 01:36:32 PM »

How is it that Pro Wrestling is not on that list of best titles?

And Metroid a missed gem?  Gah!  That game was legendary...of course the codes to continue made me want to eat my own eyes...but still.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 02:40:17 PM »

Ah, 20 years of Ninteno hating... good times, good times  :lol:
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 02:53:38 PM »

Super Dodgeball!

edit - Just checked the articles and it was listed as a hidden gem, yay recognition!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 11:12:33 PM »

That was a fun series there.  A lot of nostalgia.  Glad I'm not crazy having seen some of those overlooked gems on the list.  I loved my NES more than I will ever love another console.  As much as I hate to admit it, I certainly don't enjoy gaming like I did back then.  Thanks for the look back!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 05:46:39 AM »

Ahh... Zelda, Zelda, and Zelda (1, that is)  - started my video gaming life, really.  I had little experience with anything else until I picked up a NES  because I read about it in Newsweek! To this day, the first Zelda is one of my all-time favorite and most-played-over games.

And Zelda 2, Bubble Bobble, Marble Madness, Wizardry, RAD RACER!!! omg, the memories...

And why the heck did they say Dr. Mario was "shameless?" It's an incredible game, it was totally addicting, and I still play it today - I also still play the original Tengen Tetris, and they are totally different, totally fantastic games!  :evil:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 06:14:13 AM »

Bubble Bobble is so damn great, my Grandparents had a Nintendo in their basement and actually had this game.  I wouldnt even want to guess how many hours my brother and I put into that game passing time over there.  And Karnov, oh that was a fun one.  I actually beat that game on the NES.  I remember going to bed with the music ringing in my ears.  Great feature.  Makes me want to shed a tear of joy.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 11:49:58 PM »

I agree with mytocles.  Dr. Mario is awesome!

It used the same basic idea of Tetris but changed it enough to make it its own game.  They both feature falling colored blocks but go about it in different ways.  I'd argue Sega's "Columns" was more of a Tetris ripoff, but I enjoyed it a great deal on its one merits.

And yes, the Tengen Tetris was a great game.  I always liked that and Klax as well.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: