http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 09:40:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Wind Waker help (spoilers)  (Read 597 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2007, 03:55:58 AM »

Ok so I've hit a wall and am completely clueless. In the game, I've just learned the two sage songs, now I have to find someone to take the sages places, correct? The part I don't understand is how the pictures of the instruments on the rock doors (on the fire and ice islands) are supposed to indicate where I need to go next. In the strat guide it says I'm supposed to go to Dragonroost Isle for one of the replacement sages, but I'm not seeing how you would know that. Can someone help clear this up for me? Either the game got stupid or my brain simply isn't making the connection.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 03:58:44 AM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 04:07:03 AM »

There are two characters that you've helped out already in the game that play instruments. They did so earlier in the game and helped you out in two areas. So those are your hints. Do you need to know where to go?
Spoiler for Hiden:
On Dragonroost it's the little girl bird that helped you out on your way to fight the dragon, the other one is on the Great Tree island, it's the little deku guy that plays the fiddle.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 05:29:41 AM »

On Dragonroost it's the little girl bird that helped you out on your way to fight the dragon, the other one is on the Great Tree island, it's the little deku guy that plays the fiddle.

Hmm, well the little deku makes sense, I forgot all about him. But as far as the little girl bird, I don't recall her even playing any instruments. Bleh, what a lame part of the game, I was doing so well up until this point. Thanks so much for the help though, I always have a guilt trip when I check a strategy guide for help, I feel much better about getting hints from you guys.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 05:40:06 AM »

I remember having to look that up, too.  I don't recall anything else in the game being that obscure.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »

I seem to recall seeing the bird girl with the harp, but I don't remember exactly.  I know if you go to dragon roost you hear music playing.  As far as the deku leaf guy goes - I mistakenly found out his hiding place the very first time I visited that island because I was bad with the grappling hook.  If I hadn't fell in by mistake I'm not sure how I would have know to go in there.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 06:55:53 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 02, 2007, 04:09:56 PM

As far as the deku leaf guy goes - I mistakenly found out his hiding place the very first time I visited that island because I was bad with the grappling hook.  If I hadn't fell in by mistake I'm not sure how I would have know to go in there.

There are some visual and audio cues (clues) when he is hiding there. Not that I figured it out myself. I had to check gamefaqs for both of them. In fact, I had to use a FAQ a lot for Wind Waker. For TP I very seldom checked one, and all but one time it was just me being obtuse about something obvious.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 07:02:54 PM »

Quote from: JCC on January 02, 2007, 06:55:53 PM

In fact, I had to use a FAQ a lot for Wind Waker. For TP I very seldom checked one, and all but one time it was just me being obtuse about something obvious.

Heh, so far (almost done with 7th dungeon), the only time I've used a FAQ in TP was (pre 3rd dungeon spoiler)
Spoiler for Hiden:
on the Water Bug you have to kill for the last Tear.  And that's because I'd only used the "B" Wolf Attack on the Portal Keepers to that point and it never occurred to me to use it on someting else.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 08:22:16 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 02, 2007, 07:02:54 PM

Quote from: JCC on January 02, 2007, 06:55:53 PM

In fact, I had to use a FAQ a lot for Wind Waker. For TP I very seldom checked one, and all but one time it was just me being obtuse about something obvious.

Heh, so far (almost done with 7th dungeon), the only time I've used a FAQ in TP was (pre 3rd dungeon spoiler)
Spoiler for Hiden:
on the Water Bug you have to kill for the last Tear.  And that's because I'd only used the "B" Wolf Attack on the Portal Keepers to that point and it never occurred to me to use it on someting else.

Heh. That's the one place I had to use a FAQ too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: