http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 01:46:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with X-Men Legends II: ROA  (Read 507 times)
jblank
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2005, 02:41:05 PM »

I'm having a helluva time getting into the controls of this game. For one thing, even though I know the "mutant powers" are brought up with the right trigger, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to activate them. So, inevitably, I end up having to punch and kick through fights.

Also, will your other team members use their powers or do I have to switch to them to MAKE them do it?

Its a cool game and looks AWESOME in 720p, but its beginning to piss me the hell off.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 04:35:42 PM »

When you pull the trigger, the icons for the powers should pop up on the screen, corresponding to a set of buttons to activate them. When you start, you'll only have one power per character.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 04:47:12 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
When you pull the trigger, the icons for the powers should pop up on the screen, corresponding to a set of buttons to activate them. When you start, you'll only have one power per character.

Yeah, I see the buttons pop up in the upper left, but no matter what I do, or what I push, nothing happens.

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 05:00:53 PM »

Quote from: "jblank"

Yeah, I see the buttons pop up in the upper left, but no matter what I do, or what I push, nothing happens.

not every power has an impressive animation that makes its use obvious...and some require that you hold down the button in order for the power to take effect over time.  for example, some of wolverines slashes have a slightly different animation but no obvious indication that it's a mutant power, or some of magneto's abilities require you to hold the button down and give them time to work.

once you get things figured out, it is a fun game...although a little bit monotonous Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 05:06:17 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"
Quote from: "jblank"

not every power has an impressive animation that makes its use obvious...and some require that you hold down the button in order for the power to take effect over time.  for example, some of wolverines slashes have a slightly different animation but no obvious indication that it's a mutant power, or some of magneto's abilities require you to hold the button down and give them time to work.

once you get things figured out, it is a fun game...although a little bit monotonous Cool

Ok, you may be on to something, because I was controlling Magneto.

Tell me, it strikes me as weird that they don't give you some animation or sound that powers were performed, how else can you be sure they worked? How would I know which powers I have to hold down and which ones I dont? The manual is bad in that respect, its says nothing about individual powers.

I'm on the fence with this game so far. I thought you could choose your team but after playing for about 20 minutes the other night, I never was presented with a choice.

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 05:43:58 PM »

if you look at the details of a specific power within the game, some of the descriptions will state that they do damage over time or have a cost of EP/s...those are the ones that require you to hold the button.  magneto's initial Levitation power is a good example...the in-game skill details tell you that you have to 'Press and Hold,' which then allows you to pick enemies/objects up and do damage to them.  if you're not sure how to view the skill details, highlight one in the list and look for which button it tells you to press in the bar at the bottom of your screen to see 'Details.'

as for choosing your team, you do get a lot of freedom to put together your own party...but not in the initial portion of the game.  once you get through the initial area with that particular team (magneto, wolverine, cyclops, and storm), you'll have the chance to pick and choose who you want...and there are a lot of cool characters to choose from.  just keep in mind that you can only modify your party at a base or extraction point.

hopefully that helps a little more Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: