http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 08:47:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need an action rpg recommendation for Xbox  (Read 3700 times)
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2005, 07:20:10 AM »

Well like i said i will probably give Xmen and Bards Tale a chance after i get done with DAII in a couple days.  After that i might try to find Demon Stone cheap or Fallout.  I'm still trying to find something my wife wouldnt mind playing with me.  She tried DAII but there was just too much combat for her since she's never gamed before and just holding the controller was foreign to her.  Maybe Xmen will appeal to her a bit more.
Thanks again.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2005, 09:25:49 PM »

For action rpgs on the xbox I enjoyed both BG:DA 1&2.  I really tried to like Xmen, but for some reason I found it really boring (and I like hack & slash games).  

I liked Sudeki too, especially since it fit in nicely between the action rpgs and the more epic rpgs at around 16-19 hours.  The ending was pathetic, but everything up to that point was fun.

For the longer, more epic rpgs, I liked the last 3/4 of Kotor 1, the last half of Jade Empire, and the first 3/4 of Kotor 2.  I enjoyed playing MW, but to this day I've never remained focus enough to finish that damn game.  

Hope you find a good one in there somewhere Xmann.
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2005, 01:45:35 PM »

Sorry for the negativity, but I thought Jade Empire stank.

Even on the hardest setting, the combat was incredibly easy without any real chance of dying unless i left the room for a spell (i.e. a period of time).  As a result, there was no tension or drama in it for me.  The storytelling mechanic is a complete rehash of the KoTOR games and is getting really stale.  It's clunky and long-winded. (In case you think I'm against story and dialogue in games, keep in mind that Planescape: Torment is one of my all time faves).  Although the combat is real-time, it's very slow compared to the Dark Alliance games.

The first Dark Alliance game provided some challenge and novelty.  But DAII is also ridiculously easy and devolves into rhythmic attack button mashing.  The saddest part about it is that there is very little tactical variety in the combat.  

Fable I found fun for a while and sometimes challenging.  After the first 5-6 hours, tho, I had no inclination to play it ever again.

What else is there for the Xbox? *sigh*

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: