http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 12:31:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neat little third party DS stylus  (Read 742 times)
Dafones
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2006, 04:10:04 AM »

IGN has a review on a cool flexible stylus. Don't have a DS myself, but it seems like an interesting idea. I'd cough up the six bucks to buy one if I had a DS, or a PDA, for that matter.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 04:22:12 AM »

Wow, I want one of those!  It would be perfect for Metroid as I use my thumb to aim anyway but it is sometimes hard to make slight movements since there is no point on my thumb and I dont want to grow out fingernail and carve it make a point.

adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 12:40:52 AM »

I think I can take some credit for "discovering" this. Watch this local news story about the product. I am the "customer" she mentions. When the DS came along, I was trying to find a better stylus option, and I had a faint memory of one you wrapped around your finger. I scoured the Internet and found the comfortstylus.com website (such as it is, and it was far more basic then). I placed an order. Weeks went by. Finally I got an apologetic email from the president of the company. I think I was a very rare purchaser. I told her about the DS and how I thought the Comfortstylus looked perfect for gaming. She sent me a couple of them, I gave her some feedback, she actually changed the design a bit, and I started seeing it mentioned in gaming mags and sites.

It really is a good pairing with the DS. Right now its only drawback is it's too long to hold in the DS stylus slot. With the bigger DSL slot, it might fit.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 03:41:48 AM »

that is a very interesting story..if she gets allot of money from it, she should send some your way slywink

I'm still livin it up with my pink Kirby Canvas Stylus (as if its not embarrassing enough playing a DS in public, but with a pink stylus) I'll be sad to have to give it up when/if I get a DS lite.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 05:36:45 AM »

That looks pretty nice.  Metroid's touch screen control system rivals mouse+keyboard for FPSs, but it does get unconfortable with that little bitty stylus.  I wanted a thicker one, like a rubber grip pen style thing, but this looks like it might be even better.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 04:41:30 PM »

I ordered one and got an nice, but mildly disappointing e-mail:

Thank you for your purchase of the comfortstylus. We are happy to have you as a customer and know you will LOVE your comfortstylus.

We are behind by a day and it may take longer than it normally does for you to receive your order. We have had a huge amount of sales in the last twenty four hours.

We are working around the clock to get the comfortstylus out. Thank you for your patience.

If for some reason you feel that you have waited too long PLEASE email us and let us know so we can check on your order. Thank you so much and have a great day.

Good customer service, though.

Just a heads up, in case anyone's thinking of ordering.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: