http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 06:18:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NCAA 08  (Read 12889 times)
IkeVandergraaf
Gaming Trend Senior Member

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2007, 07:29:31 PM »

Anybody able to download rosters (360) yet?  Fkrosters is down (exceeded their bandwidth no doubt) and I'm having trouble accessing operation sports too.  That's all I'm waiting for before starting my Longhorn dynasty!

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2007, 07:31:12 PM »

Quote from: gellar on July 18, 2007, 07:06:05 PM

Quote from: TheMissingLink on July 18, 2007, 06:32:58 AM

gellar, how does it run on the PS3?  As smooth as the 360 demo?

If no one would have told me it was 30fps vs 60 fps, there is no way I would have noticed a difference.  It runs great.

gellar

The only thing that concerns me (and I know you have the game and have told me you haven't seen any glaring issues) is that I am reading multiple places that EA has outright refused to send out PS3 review copies to several of the biggest online sites-1Up, IGN, etc. That raises my suspicions immediately-if there is no difference, or minimal difference, why in the world would you hold it back?
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2007, 09:35:08 PM »

Frustration is really setting in for me now.

I've played a few more Varsity games and i still can't move the ball.  I realize it takes practice, but i'm making no progress.  I use Corso for play calling and it has down no good.  Half the damn time when i try to pass i get overwhelmed by the defense and can't even get a pass off.  I'm only losing Varsity games by a couple touchdowns, but i move the ball ZERO!  I mean it's usually 3 and out most of the time.

Any other hints or tips?  I'm really losing any patience.  Still, Varsity is too hard and Freshman is too easy.

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2007, 09:50:34 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on July 18, 2007, 09:35:08 PM

I've played a few more Varsity games and i still can't move the ball.  I realize it takes practice, but i'm making no progress.  I use Corso for play calling and it has down no good.  Half the damn time when i try to pass i get overwhelmed by the defense and can't even get a pass off.  I'm only losing Varsity games by a couple touchdowns, but i move the ball ZERO!  I mean it's usually 3 and out most of the time.

Any other hints or tips?  I'm really losing any patience.  Still, Varsity is too hard and Freshman is too easy.

Who are you playing as?  I play as WSU and it is very hard to do anything right at times. 

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2007, 10:06:27 PM »

I've played as Notre Dame and Tennessee.  I can't move the ball with either.

godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2007, 10:07:35 PM »

Which do yall think would look better on a 50" HDTV? 720p or 1080i? This is on the 360.

Only had the chance to play one real game last night. Played as Wisconsin and beat Minnesota 31-14 on All-American w/ 8 minute quarters and default sliders. Seems to play a much more refined game of football compared to '07. The super-sim mode looks to be fantastic for those games where you've blown the other team out by the end of the first half. Also played around with Campus Legend and that seems like it will be a heck of a lot of fun.

So far it seems completely worth the money, I'm looking forward to digging into it more this coming weekend smile.
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2007, 10:11:54 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on July 18, 2007, 10:06:27 PM

I've played as Notre Dame and Tennessee.  I can't move the ball with either.

I believe there's a practice mode in the game. Just pick a team and run some plays over and over again until you start to get comfortable. After that, start a game as USC and take on Buffalo. That will give you a huge talent advantage and should allow you to get some good practice in a game situation.

It takes a little while to get the hang of, but once you start progressing it really is the best football game on the market right now.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on July 18, 2007, 09:35:08 PM

How far are you dropping back on offense?  Are you calling the proper plays?  IE - you're not passing every down, are you?  Playaction passes will get you absolutely killed if you've not established a running game.  When you do drop back, you *should* have time to look at a primary, secondary, then a checkdown receiver.

My typical process is a pass is primary receiver, secondary receiver, and if none of that works - dump to the flat.  The secondary receiver should be chosen based off their likelihood to be open if the primary is covered - IE, if they're running a zone, the secondary will be in a zone somewhat near the primary.

gellar
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »

Quote from: godhugh on July 18, 2007, 10:07:35 PM

Which do yall think would look better on a 50" HDTV? 720p or 1080i? This is on the 360.

Depends on the native resolution of the TV.  I have a 52" DLP (720p native) and 720p looks WAY better than anything else.

gellar
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2007, 10:16:31 PM »

Quote from: gellar on July 18, 2007, 10:13:00 PM

Depends on the native resolution of the TV.  I have a 52" DLP (720p native) and 720p looks WAY better than anything else.

gellar

It's native is 1080p, but as I don't have an Elite I can't run the 360 in that mode frown.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2007, 10:59:26 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on July 18, 2007, 07:31:12 PM

Quote from: gellar on July 18, 2007, 07:06:05 PM

Quote from: TheMissingLink on July 18, 2007, 06:32:58 AM

gellar, how does it run on the PS3?  As smooth as the 360 demo?

If no one would have told me it was 30fps vs 60 fps, there is no way I would have noticed a difference.  It runs great.

gellar

The only thing that concerns me (and I know you have the game and have told me you haven't seen any glaring issues) is that I am reading multiple places that EA has outright refused to send out PS3 review copies to several of the biggest online sites-1Up, IGN, etc. That raises my suspicions immediately-if there is no difference, or minimal difference, why in the world would you hold it back?

What are you doing when you hike the ball I find that if you let the cpu auto drop you back and you just concentrate on your receivers while being aware of the pocket and making minimal adjustments the rush will not get to you unless they are blitzing.

If you drop back by pulling back on your qb manually the rush cpu will get to you quicker this year and sack you try to stay in the pocket.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2007, 11:41:08 PM »

Quote from: godhugh on July 18, 2007, 10:16:31 PM

Quote from: gellar on July 18, 2007, 10:13:00 PM

gellar

It's native is 1080p, but as I don't have an Elite I can't run the 360 in that mode frown.

Ah that being the case, it'll be up to your TV's scaler to do it regardless... The game is native at 720p, so in theory the 360's scaler won't be doing anything if you run it in that mode.  I'd honestly figure that it'll look almost identical in either mode.

gellar
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2007, 02:46:59 AM »

been playing and have been having fun....I am not great but if anyone wants to play...my competitive side wins...and you actually have a shot at beating as there is no sniper rifle in this game!

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2007, 06:30:24 AM »

Maddenmania.com has a Top 25 roster set for the PS3 up as of tonight.  Copying it over was a breeze... I didn't even use a USB thumb drive since I couldn't find one lying around.  My CF card from my camera worked just fine though.  All in all, the whole thing took about 2 minutes to do, including the time it took for me to walk from my PC to PS3.  I can't believe how easy it was compared to the process for the 360.  It's definitely something to think about for future sports purchases.

gellar
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2007, 07:14:28 AM »

Quote from: gellar on July 19, 2007, 06:30:24 AM

Maddenmania.com has a Top 25 roster set for the PS3 up as of tonight.  Copying it over was a breeze... I didn't even use a USB thumb drive since I couldn't find one lying around.  My CF card from my camera worked just fine though.  All in all, the whole thing took about 2 minutes to do, including the time it took for me to walk from my PC to PS3.  I can't believe how easy it was compared to the process for the 360.  It's definitely something to think about for future sports purchases.

gellar

Hmmmm, encouraging.

May have enough to trade in to warrant a purchase of NCAA for the 'ol Madden trade-in deal in a month...

TheMissingLink on PSN
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2007, 08:57:27 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on July 19, 2007, 07:14:28 AM

Quote from: gellar on July 19, 2007, 06:30:24 AM

gellar

Hmmmm, encouraging.

May have enough to trade in to warrant a purchase of NCAA for the 'ol Madden trade-in deal in a month...

I think this years version is very much improved and I am having a lot of fun playing it.  A LOT more fun than last year.  I dont know about the PS3 version, but the controls in the 360 version are so much better that it almost feels like a new game.  I'd say get it! 

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'd wait for reviews on the PS3 version though!!

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2007, 11:15:05 AM »

Operation Sports has DT Linder's rosters up for the 360 here.  Still waiting on Fairdale Kings.  It sounds like it's not as straightforward as the PS3, but I did get the rosters loaded and working on my profile.  If anyone wants them and has trouble getting them off the OS site, just PM me.

Edit:  Here, apparently, are the Fairdale Kings rosters.  I haven't tried them yet.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 11:21:39 AM by IkeVandergraaf » Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2007, 08:51:23 PM »

hey Gellar, how exactly do you copy the rosters?  i'll use a thumb drive.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2007, 08:54:54 PM »

how do you get rosters onto the 360?   Is the only way by buying a stinking memory card?   If so, so much for the 360 being network seamless.....
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2007, 09:00:12 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on July 19, 2007, 08:54:54 PM

how do you get rosters onto the 360?   Is the only way by buying a stinking memory card?   If so, so much for the 360 being network seamless.....

Memory Card + Transfer accessory = way too hard.

gellar
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2007, 09:00:41 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on July 19, 2007, 08:51:23 PM

hey Gellar, how exactly do you copy the rosters?  i'll use a thumb drive.

All is explained here, but the steps are:

Create Folder on your Flash Drive: "PS3"
Create Folder Within the "PS3" Folder: "SAVEDATA"
Unzip the Downloaded Roster to "SAVEDATA" Folder.
Connect flash drive to your PS3, press triangle on the "USB" folder in game data,
Copy & Save!!

Basically you make a PS3 folder on the root of the drive, then a SAVEDATA folder under that, then extract the folder with the saves into that folder.  Plug it in and off you go.

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163034

gellar
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2007, 09:20:55 PM »

Quote from: gellar on July 19, 2007, 09:00:12 PM

Quote from: msduncan on July 19, 2007, 08:54:54 PM

Memory Card + Transfer accessory = way too hard.

gellar

What is a transfer assessory?
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2007, 10:51:05 PM »

This.

Yes, you need a memory card and one of those.  Alternatively, you can mail your memory card to FKRosters and they'll mail it back to you, or buy a memory card from them.

It's a pain in the ass.  This is the second time I've ever used the transfer kit.  The first time was a year ago for NCAA 07.

Gamertag = IkeV
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2007, 09:24:58 PM »

well i've been working a few days and havn't played but i'm off tonight and plan to get a few games in.  gonna try out some tips you guys gave and some tips i got from OS. 

gellar, you tried playing online yet?  wondering how stable it is on the ps3.  also, got the partial rosters working, very nice.  looking forward to getting them all when they are released.

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2007, 09:31:06 PM »

also, since i got the first roster list loaded (thats an incomplete list).....when the list gets updated, do i just perform the same steps and the new file overwrites any that i'v already used?  or do i somehow have to erase the current saved file?

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2007, 11:17:04 PM »

Here's something else that pisses me off.  Used to be that during a season or dynasty, the schedule would list the game of the week with a star.  Does not seem to have carried over to 08.  Too bad, I used to like playing those.

I also find that after backing out of dynasty mode, it resets the rosters to the defaults, and I think it resets the difficulty level to varsity.  And I think it took a shit on my rug.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 11:28:54 PM by IkeVandergraaf » Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2007, 03:03:49 AM »

does anyone have a link to the alternate covers you can download and print out?

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2007, 03:43:56 AM »

Here is a highlight from my 38-0 drubbing over Calvin.

Gamertag = IkeV
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2007, 04:07:52 AM »

Ok how do you get access to that site and your highlights?  I went there and registered, and when i try to log in it says no persona found.  Am i missing something there?

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2007, 05:15:16 AM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on July 21, 2007, 03:43:56 AM

I just got totally owned. I started the game well, fumbled on the 5 yard line, and it was a disaster afterwards. I threw 2 interceptions in 8 passes (really, neither were terrible passes), my running game was atrocious, and Texas was unstoppable. It was, in fairness, my first full game of NCAA and my first game online, but still Ike just destroyed me.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2007, 06:20:34 AM »

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-8137/XMANN1102(PS3)/4648

2 videos there from a couple games.  first is of a nice INT i made using Notre Dame.  second is of a hail mary to end the 2nd quater i completed with Tennessee.

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2007, 12:27:37 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on July 21, 2007, 04:07:52 AM

Ok how do you get access to that site and your highlights?  I went there and registered, and when i try to log in it says no persona found.  Am i missing something there?

No idea.  I didn't have any problems and can't think of anything "tricky" about it.  When you log in to the EA website, you use your email address rather than your gamertag or username, but that's all i can think of.  You did all the necessary registration with EA through the ingame screens I assume?

Quote from: Calvin on July 21, 2007, 05:15:16 AM

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on July 21, 2007, 03:43:56 AM

I just got totally owned. I started the game well, fumbled on the 5 yard line, and it was a disaster afterwards. I threw 2 interceptions in 8 passes (really, neither were terrible passes), my running game was atrocious, and Texas was unstoppable. It was, in fairness, my first full game of NCAA and my first game online, but still Ike just destroyed me.

In fairness, TX vs UVA is hardly a fair matchup and Jamaal Charles was unstoppable.  Still, a win is a win.

In any event, the online was a lot of fun.  Slight lag hampered the experience slightly but didn't make things unplayable.  You just had to be a little quicker than in SP.  Could also have been because it was the first Friday night with the game so EA's servers were getting hammered.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 12:29:50 PM by IkeVandergraaf » Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2007, 02:23:06 PM »

Wow that replay thing is actually pretty cool!  It costs 400 points for that feature though right?  Jeez if only they would just include that stuff in the game.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2007, 02:30:07 PM »

EA's replay feature is free.  2K's costs money.

Gamertag = IkeV
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2007, 03:56:23 PM »

yo Gellar

PS3 full rosters are up

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164169

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2007, 05:14:31 PM »

Yeah just got them... figured I was only 4 games into the Dynasty, so why not restart smile

gellar
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2007, 09:08:28 PM »

must hold out for madden

I'm only buying one football game this year, and considering I want franchise mode, and I don't care for college sports, madden seems to fit the bill.  But after seeing some of the highlights of NCAA it's tempting.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2007, 09:10:57 PM »

well the folks at OS have been helping me with some gameplay tips, but i'm frustrated to the point i gotta take a break or i'm quitting.   here is what i wrote and the issue i am facing now.  bottom line, i'm getting nickle and dimed to death.

"you know i really like this game alot, but i'm reaching a real frustration point. i don't expect, to be as good as though who have played for years at this, but it's frustrating to the point it's not fun.
i just lost a game to Cal with Tennessee 38-35. i just could not stop Cal's passing. QB finished 30-32 for 467 yards and 5 td's. i tried running every defense and nothing worked. again, he nickle and dimes me to death. a slant here....a dump there. if i blitzed he dumped it off. i constantly cut the lead down and they would immediately march down the field the same way every time".

i gotta work the night couple nights so that will give me a break.  any other tips anyone can give me?

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2007, 09:30:06 PM »

I rented this one and had a fun first game.

I uploaded a video of a monster block set by my full-back to break me for 6, which is pretty cool.

It plays pretty well, I'm more excited for Madden if EA football is moving in this direction.

TheMissingLink on PSN
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2007, 01:46:30 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on July 21, 2007, 09:30:06 PM

I rented this one and had a fun first game.

I uploaded a video of a monster block set by my full-back to break me for 6, which is pretty cool.

It plays pretty well, I'm more excited for Madden if EA football is moving in this direction.

I love the pancake blocks!  I also cant wait to see the improvements to Madden this year since I usually trade in NCAA for Madden anyway.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: