http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 08:11:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Name some good games for the Xbox  (Read 907 times)
Rob_Merritt
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2004, 12:21:27 PM »

Since I just got a working Xbox again, I was wondering what were some of the good games that came out in the past year and a half while the thing collected dust. Yes I know about Halo 2, I just find FPS too frustrating on consoles. Before anyone gets defensive, I have the use of only one hand. Try playing any fps on an Xbox controller with just one hand and see if you find that a fun experence. Anyways, I am mostly interested in platformers I guess with anything wacky and original cool too.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 01:11:43 PM »

Quote from: "Rob_Merritt"
Since I just got a working Xbox again, I was wondering what were some of the good games that came out in the past year and a half while the thing collected dust. Yes I know about Halo 2, I just find FPS too frustrating on consoles. Before anyone gets defensive, I have the use of only one hand. Try playing any fps on an Xbox controller with just one hand and see if you find that a fun experence. Anyways, I am mostly interested in platformers I guess with anything wacky and original cool too.

Pick up a PS2 then- with their platformer selection and Katamari Damacy they have that market cornered.  For the above on Xbox- the only recent platformer is Blinx 2.  Voodoo Vince, which came out over a year ago, got some really good notices too if you missed it.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 01:28:10 PM »

Godzilla: Save the Earth

Isn't there a new Metal Slug game out now, too?

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 01:31:16 PM »

I'm probably going to pick up a ps2 sometime next year. I might of gotten one for christmas but my wife wasn't able to find one.

rshetts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 02:09:33 PM »

Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb was an excellent game.  Good vs Evil was also one that slipped under the radar, but is definatelty worth picking up.  Fable was also fun to play and of course KOTOR is a must have.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 02:11:36 PM »

KOTOR was the last game I played on my Xbox before it died. Well. Dr Muto was the game I was playing when it died... smile
I will get  KOTOR II but I'm going to wait till the PC evrsion comes and and hope they fix the bugs.

Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 02:43:47 PM »

Voodoo Vince was fun.  It was a wacky platformer.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 02:55:41 PM »

I enjoyed Scaler quite a bit even though it's a pretty straight forward platformer, and had a bit of fun with Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2.  Sphynx and the Cursed Mummy is definitely a quality platform/action-adventure game that slipped below the radar when it first came out.  I-Ninja was probably my favorite little action platformer last year.  It wasn't perfect but it was so full of fun action and silly humor that I was easily able to overlook that.  As also mentioned above, Voodoo Vince is a very fun, unique and high quality platformer.

Metal Arms is an excellent 3rd person shooter with likeable characters but I found it to be a bit difficult for me.  

Burnout 3 is arcade racing bliss and tons of fun for single player, 2 players on the couch or multiplayer on Live.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: