http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 12:43:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My XB360: I've lost all interest  (Read 2343 times)
Sarkus
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2006, 11:39:54 PM »

While I'm probably going to buy Oblivion for the 360, I find myself hardly turning it on right now.  In the last month it's been on for maybe an hour.  And it's not because I don't have any games to play - Kameo, PGR3, and Perfect Dark Zero are sitting here virtually untouched along with a few BC titles.  Even when I'm jones'in for an FPS, PDZ doesn't even enter my mind until I'm already playing some old PC shooter I beat long ago.

Anyone else in this spot?  The 360 is the first console I've bought on day one and I feel wrong about not playing it, given the investment.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 11:45:59 PM »

i got my psp pretty early on, had a great time with metal gear acid, played lumines for a while, & then... didn't really play much of anything til medievil came out about 6 months later. have since played a bit of gta, legend of heroes, & tokobots, but that's been about it for close to a year. it happens...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 12:00:35 AM »

But that's why you keep them - another game will come out that you will have to have ("Black," maybe?).  I notice a lot of folks here sell a particular unit, only to by it again later.  That can't be cost-effective, I wouldn't think...

Sarkus - you've probably been Quaked and Doomed to death, already, on PC games?  I really enjoyed Quake on the 360, but I'm not a PC gamer and mostly only ever played Doom 3 before.  Also, have you tried the Arcade games... Zuma comes to mind.

Otherwise, just hang in there - "it" will likely come back all of a sudden.  I think most gamers have had a little down time at some point or other. For me, the Ratchet Deadlocked beta, and subsequent play - and the XBox 360 - has brought a lot of gaming back into my life. You know, instead of just talking about it here!  :lol:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 12:14:14 AM »

Same with the PSP.  Still enjoying my 360 though.

Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 12:17:23 AM »

Totally and completely happy with my 360. My PSP is collecting dust and I don't think I will turn it on again any time soon.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 12:42:37 AM »

Eh, I find that happens with all consoles at some point - and then somebody releases a killer game and you jump back on the wagon again.

I haven't touched my 360 much for the past week (save Geometry Wars), and my PSP/DS are both collecting a lot of dust - yet I cleaned the cobwebs off of my PS2 and have been playing Lego Star Wars almost daily after a few months of nonuse.

Such is the ebb and flow of gaming I guess...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 01:16:16 AM »

Sarkus - I'm with you man!  I never even turn it ON, except to watch movies.

However, in a couple months, both College Hoops 2k6 and Major League Baseball 2k6 will be released.  At that point, I may never actually turn it OFF.

biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 01:41:31 AM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"
Anyone else in this spot?  The 360 is the first console I've bought on day one and I feel wrong about not playing it, given the investment.

Haven't played mine in weeks and won't touch it again until maybe Ghost Recon or Oblivion hit.  I don't feel wrong about it though- all of my consoles go through similar periods of neglect.
phormio
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 02:32:11 AM »

I'm not spending much time with my 360 either, but I was halfway expecting this when Oblivion got pushed back.  In 2 months things will likely be different (at least I hope so!).

I didn't see too much in the launch day lineup that really got my attention anyway except Madden 06, and that was a huge let-down for me (so much so that I already sold it). For the time being I'm amusing myself with PDZ, Gun, and Hexic  :oops:

In retrospect I probably should've waited until Oblivion was out before I even bought a 360, but I got the "itch" and that was that :wink:

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." --Mitch Hedberg
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 02:52:07 AM »

In the same situation, only games I got (that even interested me) were Perfect Dark Zero and Quake 4.
Since I don't have Live, play is quite limited. The bots can tiring real fast in PDZ (but hey, at least their there, unlike some games that start with an h) and then I just turn it off.

There haven't been any 360 releaeses for over a month now, but I'd say by the end of this year there will be plenty of games to keep our interest high.
My only fear is that the 360 will drop in price when we aren't even playing it and then you think "If only I had waited a year before getting it"
Some other posts already pointed out, a year into a console's launch gives them plenty of time to iron out the bugs and fix any problems they're having with the guinea pig batches. I still remember that whole thompson drive issue with the first xbox, and of course the ps3 will be the same way when it first launches.
Sometimes it does pay to hold off and not get everything right away.

But yeah.. I feel like my $500+ investment (xbox 360 core, hard drive seperately, media remote, memory unit, pdz and quake 4) is really just collecting dust right now. But when the demand is so high and you can't find it anywhere, and then one morning you walk into target and see 3 core systems sitting right there you just have to get one.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 04:34:35 AM »

I've lost all my interest in a 360, too biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 06:47:50 AM »

I still play my 360 nightly.  NBA 2K6, Geometry Wars and a little bit of Madden are keeping me busy.  I still have PDZ, DoA4 (waiting on the strategy guide), Kameo, and PGR 3 waiting to be played.  I finished Quake 4 on the easy level and I got halfway through CoD2 on the Regular  level when I discovered that you have to finish on Veteran to get the achievments, so I will start over eventually.  It is a great game but I'm not too excited to replay the Russian and British campaigns at the moment.  I'll get back to it eventually.  I am also looking forward to Ghost Recon next month.  Oblivion doesn't hold too much interest for me since I've never cared for single player RPGs.  

Maybe I am enjoying my 360 so much because I hardly ever play games on my PC anymore.  I will also add that my PSP has been gathering alot of dust of late.  I am very temped to sell it.  But I know if I do I will never buy another one.  So I'm fighting the urge.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 01:20:30 PM »

I'm having an absolute blast with mine.  However, I do have plenty of time on my hands to play.  For me gamer achievements is a BIG plus and has really pushed me to play and enjoy games.  You know that feeling you get sometimes when you are in the middle of a fun game and you've been slogging along for awhile yet you know you still have so much farther to go you get kind of blah about it?  Well, nailing those achievements periodically really pushes me over that hump and propels me forward.

I'm currently nearing the end of Kameo and I'm on the last American campaign in Call of Duty 2.  Both are wonderful, fun games in their own right but without the achievements pushing me forward it probably would be several months from now before I got anywhere near finishing them.

I also play sports games alot.  I'm 52 games into my hockey season in NHL 2K6 and 10 games into my NBA season with NBA 2K6.  These games get played pretty much every night, especially hockey.  I play one league game a night.  These are single player leagues not multiplayer.

Still going strong and there are only good things coming... biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 02:11:37 PM »

Gamefly has enabled me to use my 360 a lot more than I would have been otherwise...

But I'd estimate in 3-4 more weeks when I've gone through the last 3 games I want to try, I'll be in the same boat until Oblivion hits...  But yet I still love Hexic even though I finished everything on it, and similarly Geometry Wars and Marble Blast Ultra are keeping me coming back for more.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 02:31:37 PM »

I love my 360.  I can play games, listen to my MP3 collection, and stream my XM satellite radio onto it.  One of the best things I have ever bought and with Ghost Recon 3, Oblivion, and Burnout coming out next month, I think I am set on games.  Hell, I want NFS and haven't gotten around to buying yet, so there are even games I want to buy still.  Plus, I would like to rent Condemned.  As long as one good game comes out per month, I am honestly satisfied with a system.

At any rate, don't sell the thing.  You will regret it later when some killer app comes out and then you are forced to buy another one, thereby losing money.  I haven't touched my PSP in months, but I refuse to sell it because I am sure there will be some good RPGs which will come out.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 02:55:02 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Quote from: "Sarkus"

Haven't played mine in weeks and won't touch it again until maybe Ghost Recon or Oblivion hit.  I don't feel wrong about it though- all of my consoles go through similar periods of neglect.

What he said. Without weekly releases it's easy to stagnate on the system, even with games you haven't finished, you need something new to get that controller back in your hands... something new... anyone... hello?

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 06:29:46 PM »

Y'all got some ADD.  Seriously.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 06:38:28 PM »

Anyone know what the story is on Black, BC wise?  I was interested in that game but if it's not BC, then it's no go.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 12:25:47 AM »

Neither my 360 nor PSP have been on...totally hooked by WoW at the moment. I have played some Meteos and Metroid Pinball on DS.

I do have several PSP and 360 games reserved but have no idea when I'm going to actually play them.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 10:11:53 AM »

Well, I do see your point but...if you don`t want it, I sure as hell do! :wink: I was trying to get a 360 before my 30th b-day, but...it ain`t gonna happen frown . I`ve been playing games that are on the cheap recently on the xbox and gcube to occupy me until I can get a 360 though. Plus the wife and I both have a DS with Animal crossing and MarioKart so that keeps us busy. That`s not to say when I see my friends on Live! with their 360s I don`t get sad  frown . I do...Oh well, soon enough I`ll have a 360...Oh and BTW, I did sell my PSP, and I really don`t regret it at all, really...I regret buying it and not saving up for a 360 though!!! :x
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 10:59:07 AM »

I took a break from mine as my quest to complete Call of Duty 2 on Veteran level proved to be quite frustrating. I do intend to go back and try as it takes uber patience. I am about 2/3 complete.

In the meantime I have been playing the beta test for RF Online for the PC
I have a Lvl 20 Warrior and just joined a guild. I also created and played a Launcher up to lvl 18, and on another server a Bel. Mage up to lvl 5.

It's a great diversion, and after the beta ends I will go back to my 360.

Down the pike there is
Blazing Angels
Ghost Recon AW
and
OBLIVION!!!!

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2006, 01:13:29 PM »

Im actually trying to finish each game for achievement points GENIUS incentive. I love it.

I also love being able to hit a button and go to the dashboard and play some smaller games or demos when I need a break... and if you arent using media connect to stream your PC music you havent lived... NFS with Metallica kicks all kinds of ass.

NO, havent even touched condemned or PD, Im no where near sick of the 360.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2006, 01:31:16 PM »

I try to play at least once a day still. I still have fun with Geometry Wars, Call of Duty 2, Quake 4, PD:Z (multiplayer) and Madden.

March will be the big rush of 360 gaming for me. Oblivion, Battlefield 2, Ghost Recon, College Hoops 2k6....it's going to be gaming heaven!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2006, 02:15:38 PM »

I moved about the same time I got my 360 (mid-December).  The rest of my consoles have been boxed up in the closet - I finally got around to dragging a couple of them out this past weekend.  The 360 just offers so much functionality on top of playing games, that it is on most of the time that I'm home.  I've got an MCE box in my office with all my music and photos (and a dual-channel tuner), and being able to access all of that from my den couch is amazing.  Between the media features, Live, and the actual games, it's getting a pretty good workout.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2006, 04:53:46 PM »

Man, I'll tell you this:  Oblivion better not suck.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 11:38:49 PM »

Quote from: "HankRaptor"
...and if you arent using media connect to stream your PC music you havent lived...NFS with Metallica kicks all kinds of ass.

streaming audio off your PC using media connect is definitely awesome...gives me a library of about 6400 songs to choose from while i game, all at the touch of a button.  it's definitely a feature i take full advantage of just about every time i boot up my 360 Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2006, 11:48:58 PM »

I never had an xbox, so once I tired a bit of my 360 games I've been playing some older xbox games.  Just about done with Jade Empire now, and I have Fable waiting in the wings.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2006, 12:38:58 AM »

Quote from: "Azhag"
I never had an xbox, so once I tired a bit of my 360 games I've been playing some older xbox games.  Just about done with Jade Empire now, and I have Fable waiting in the wings.

i'm doing the same thing...about halfway through Jade Empire, and stumbled Sphinx & the Cursed Mummy for $5 last week (at circuit city) and picked it up on a whim.  Sphinx is a surprisingly fun game and looks/runs great on the 360 Cool

anyone else have suggestions for some good original xbox games that they know will play well on the 360?

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2006, 01:05:33 AM »

Thats terrible, but I know how to cheer you up, you could send your Xbox 360 to me and I'll send you allmy old PC games!

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: