http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 08:53:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Wife Likes Roleplaying Games, Rejoice!  (Read 1043 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2005, 02:56:44 PM »

Color me amazed, but my Wife just played through Final Fantasy on the GBA pretty much 3 times, she restarted twice when she was almost done. She had an absolute blast. I was totally and completely amazed about how much she got into the game.

Now I have to go around and dig out some more RPG games that I've been hording that she might like.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 03:32:25 PM »

Cool. The Dragon Warriors for GBC are pretty decent if she wants to spend some time and doesn't mind the old school graphics.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 04:08:44 PM »

Move her immediately to Final Fantasy VI and then to Chrono Trigger.  You have a window of opportunity here.  Strike while the iron is hot.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 05:36:00 PM »

And don't you dare forget Final Fantasy VII! Best Final Fantasy ever!
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 05:43:58 PM »

Quote from: "Raven VII"
And don't you dare forget Final Fantasy VII! Best Final Fantasy ever!

Yeah but if she is used to the graphics from the GBA Final Fantasy game then VII will be a big adjustment for her.  Some people find it hard to go back to the "old school graphics" after being wowed by Cloud's noseless, spiky self.   Cool
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 08:14:39 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Move her immediately to Final Fantasy VI and then to Chrono Trigger.  You have a window of opportunity here.  Strike while the iron is hot.

yeah, ffvi for sure...

& congrats - my wife, crystal chronicles hard-core player that she became, is still a 'watcher' for the most part...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 04:58:13 AM »

my gf plays WoW...shes played all the final Fantasies, Pre 10.  Chrono Trigger.  and a zillion other PSX ones.  She really likes em.  She hated X and X-2.  She is looking forward to Advent Children, and also to FFXII as it looks to be a return to the things that people liked.  She did like to watch Kingdom hearts, for as much as I tried to get her to play, but shes more a turn based RPG player.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 05:34:28 AM »

for a second i thought this was meant to be in off topic, with a not safe for work tag, and probably NOT on the internet in the first place
unbreakable
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 10:54:38 AM »

Yeah, definitely have her play Chrono Trigger.  WHY arent they putting it on the GBA?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 05:05:21 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Yeah, definitely have her play Chrono Trigger.  WHY arent they putting it on the GBA?

Because that would make sense, that's why.

The good news is that it can play on a slightly modified PSP with few issues right now. Who needs a GBA port?  :twisted:

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: