http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 08:11:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MY Oblivion thread!!! Non-sticky! All invited!  (Read 4045 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2005, 05:45:16 PM »

I want to know why everyone seems to think that Hetz is the only Oblivion-info addict!  I played Morrowind over and over and ... 3X more, over again - and I've been slavering for information on Oblivion, crying, begging, weeping, gnashing teeth... well, etc.  And who had (and will have again, on Oct. 22 for the countdown) a Morrowind avatar?  And can the beloved Hetz even spell Khajiit? So, how does HE rate all the attention, lol? :lol:  There... now you made me go and make a double-lol...  :evil:
(hi, Hetz, bud - just kidding... triple-lol!)

So here's  MY DAMNED THREAD - DAMN IT!!![/b][/size]

Welcome - one and all! And, yes, even Hetz is invited - and so is LE.  All updates, all positive and negative opinions  (if at least somewhat factual) are encouraged, blah, blah, blah...

MY FIRST QUESTION/ UPDATE: from GameSpy:
There won't be any RPGs ready for the launch date, but fans of the genre will be happy to hear that one of the best Xbox 360 games we've seen to date isn't far off. The game is actually a sequel to Morrowind
this is going to be one of the best games of the early days of the Xbox 36

Can anyone give us any real information, on the status of the release date?

And beware:  I could go all Starshifter on you at any moment!!! There's more than one person here that can use exclamation points, asterisks, jpg's, etc. - and is on meds, too!!!!!!!!!

BWA-HA-HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 05:55:58 PM »

I WANT to like this game.  I just need to play it, I love looking at it.

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 05:57:13 PM »

Oh dear God.  They've unleashed her.  What have they done?!

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 06:03:10 PM »

This game is why I'm getting the 360 -- but I'd rather it be delayed a month and be finished than rushed out the door.

I thought there was a 'definite word' on the release date already for it being launch?  Or was that speculation?

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 06:53:31 PM »

I was wondering when you were going to begin flipping out mytocles!  What took you so long? :?

I have to thank (blame) you for making me preorder purchase this game at $59.99!  I never really got into Morrowind so I wasn't going to pick up Oblivion immediately.  However, what I did play of Morrowind I did enjoy.  I think it was a combination of the lousy Xbox journal and the long, unmemorable NPC names that just drove me nuts though.

I don't have my kids with me this Thanksgiving.  Therefore, from the evening of 11/22 through Sunday 11/27, it's going to be one big X360 party with Oblivion, Kameo, and DOA IV!   biggrin  Plus, lots of beer, chips, and leftover food to get me through. :wink:

You know what would be really cool?  I would love to hear some of your adventures/stories from Morrowind!  I enjoy games more when I can talk about and hear other peoples stories.  Just ask ATB.  We went back and forth on KOTOR 2 and it inspired me even more.  So let's hear some really cool adventures! biggrin

You did have me laughing hard at this one:
Quote from: "mytocles"
And beware: I could go all Starshifter on you at any moment!!!
I have just one request.  No topless pictures of Randolph Mantooth! :lol:

I'm very, very happy for you!  Keep up the excitement!  Sing some Neil Diamond for us!  A little over one month to go!!!!!!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 07:13:50 PM »

Quote from: "JLu"
This game is why I'm getting the 360 -- but I'd rather it be delayed a month and be finished than rushed out the door.

I thought there was a 'definite word' on the release date already for it being launch?  Or was that speculation?

From my understanding, I thought the publisher announced that this game would be available at the Xbox 360's launch. *shrugs*

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 09:26:32 PM »

They have every intention of getting it out at launch but have NOT YET 100% officially confirmed it to my knowledge.I know they want it out, and I know we want to play it.

And myto, we have you officialy fan-tastic for something!!
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 11:07:35 PM »

Maybe the GameSpy writer doesn't have any inside info, but that wording scares me - hopefully it's just a case of covering their bases. I agree that I'd rather have it be done properly, but after hearing it would be done, wouldn't, would... then hearing this - yikes!  How much do they think I can take, anyway?!  crybaby

And about time, too, Calvin! Heck, I even tried to play Redguard on three different computers, to no avail - so I started Morrowind again, lol.

I was wondering when you were going to begin flipping out mytocles! What took you so long?
What else, SS?  My meds!  :lol:  

Oh dear God. They've unleashed her. What have they done?!
CrayolaSmoker - LOL - they have NO idea! :mrgreen:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »

Maybe the GameSpy writer doesn't have any inside info, but that wording scares me - hopefully it's just a case of covering their bases. I agree that I'd rather have it be done properly, but after hearing it would be done, wouldn't, would... then hearing this - yikes!  How much do they think I can take, anyway?!  crybaby

And about time, too, Calvin! Heck, I even tried to play Redguard on three different computers, to no avail - so I started Morrowind again, lol.

I was wondering when you were going to begin flipping out mytocles! What took you so long?

Woot!! Myto is off her meds!! WHEEE!!!  :  :wink:
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 01:30:15 AM »

You think that Gamespy article is bad.....Game Informers wrap-up article said that their "sources" were saying the game would not ship until 2006.

frown

Also, Gamestop has just changed their ship date to 12/5/05 for Oblivion.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200123

frown frown frown

Sorry to be a downer to the thread...but it's not looking good right now.

*EDITED SOME STUFF*

I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 01:57:38 AM »

Yikes. That's not what I want to hear.

Then again, that'll leave time for the OTHER stuff that's released on November 22nd.

But I really, really, really want Oblivion.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 02:23:38 AM »

Hmm, so when I told you that nothing was final until certification was about complete and to not throw all your eggs in one basket and you laughed at me like an idiot...hmm, so what about that...

That's why, with every game, not Oblivion specific, I urge caution so people don't get upset if things don't go right around release or crunch time.

I hope it makes it. I hope PD0 makes it. I still wish GR3 was making it. I wish Halo3 would magically show up on launch day. I hope I have enough money to buy the system. Some of the above will happen, some won't, but I am not giong to get too invested in any of it just in case.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 02:45:00 AM »

OMG!  crybaby  crybaby  crybaby  crybaby  crybaby  crybaby  crybaby  crybaby  crybaby

Tell me it ain't so, Joe... er, I mean, Hetz!

I still agree (*grits teeth*) that it has to be done right... but WTF? 2006? OMG... I'm going to go crazy!  Oh, I forgot - too late for that! :evil:

Sorry to be a downer to the thread...but it's not looking good right now.
Thanks Hetz, no worries about the "downer" - we need to know everything, even the bad news.

I'm forcing myself to think, over and over - I want it done right, I should be patient, better to have it right! AND I knew Bethesda's track record on that sort of thing (being timely) wasn't great... but sheesh, don't tell us over and over that it would be ready - and then...  argghhh!

Now I find myself in the sad situation of hoping it's all hype and build up, which is so, very, very sad... :cry:

Hmm, so when I told you that nothing was final until certification was about complete and to not throw all your eggs in one basket and you laughed at me like an idiot.
WHO laughed at you? I didn't!  Tell me who, I'll tear 'em apart - like a tiger.... erm, a Hobbes... erm, a Khajiit! Tongue

And, likely, most of us don't have all or our eggs in one basket - we just want them to be!  Please, Bethesda, Please...  tear

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 03:23:24 AM »

Taken from the article linked in this thread:

"A game's only late until it ships, but it sucks forever."

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 03:51:50 AM »

Whipping yourselves into a frenzy is just that - whipping yourselves smile  I couldn't be happier about the excitement, but do remember to breathe once in a while, and please stop randomly coming by the office trying to get in and get info :lol: Yes, it happens, and no we can't let you in.
Unless you have large sums of money....
For me....
Valael
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 04:16:14 AM »

Do you take IOUs?

If I added a sig, would you read it?
Incendiary Lemon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 04:18:15 AM »

Quote from: "kathode"
Whipping yourselves into a frenzy is just that - whipping yourselves smile  I couldn't be happier about the excitement, but do remember to breathe once in a while, and please stop randomly coming by the office trying to get in and get info :lol: Yes, it happens, and no we can't let you in.
Unless you have large sums of money....
For me....

What if I came with Cookies? My uncle owns a bakery...
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 12:18:17 PM »

EB has just changed their date to 12/05 as well

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 01:33:52 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
I hope PD0 makes it. I still wish GR3 was making it. I wish Halo3 would magically show up on launch day. I hope I have enough money to buy the system.

*whispers* Crimson Skies? pleeeze? oh pleazze oh pleazze...  smoke

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 01:37:08 PM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"
Taken from the article linked in this thread:

"A game's only late until it ships, but it sucks forever."
we talking Daikatana now? slywink

I've not played Morrowind beyond 20 minutes (got frustrated trying to get the stash inside the tree in the first village). Mind you, I was overcaffinated at the time (something Myto seems to be at this point).

I'll get this game as it will have legs, and I do enjoy RPGs. I don't think I'm frothing at the mouth enough to forego shaving cream though.  drool

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 05:54:02 PM »

I've not played Morrowind beyond 20 minutes (got frustrated trying to get the stash inside the tree in the first village). Mind you, I was overcaffinated at the time (something Myto seems to be at this point).
 Purge,  I almost didn't get into the game either! I somehow managed to do the stash in the tree thing rather easily... then I met my first storage room rat - and my little knife was swatting away at it, looking totally idiotic, and I died.  I thought "Wow, is this a stupid game!"  A few days later I gave it another try, stole some more stuff to sell, bought a sword, killed the rats - and the rest is history, as "they" say.

Though I'm excited about the 360, it's really subdued - in comparison to how excited I am about the sequel to Morrowind.  The wind has been removed from my sails... :cry:

I ended up taking over that rat-room, then I found out you could "relocate" most items.  WOW!  I put a skull on a chest, plus torches, candles, books, swords, armor, and goblets around - until it was a flickering, warm, homey room.  Friends began taking over rooms and decorating them too.

THEN we found out we were going to be building strongholds - OMG! Between performing quests, plus learning to levitate, speed, and enchant armor, make potions, etc. - we were all decorating our strongholds.  You can place an unlit torch somewhere, then put something on top of it - and make a "display stand". And you could put candles all around the base of it, and the light would reflect up under the skull - amazing stuff!  MasterMagic took it a step further by planting several torches on top of each other, then putting something on top of that, like a skull - then removing the torches - and the skull stayed in the air, lol!  I did it with a skull at a "dining room" table, right about where a seated person's head would be - so I always  had company at dinner, even if it was only a hovering skull!

Since I was lost all the time, I began marking certain important paths with torches.  Then I knew which side of Balmora I was on, where my room was, which way to turn to get to the Thieve's Guild, etc.  Once I had a stronghold, I had torches running up the road leading to it, torches at the tops of all the buildings, like beacons in the night... My main house had a potion-ingredients storage room, a bookshelf with small boxes for my lockpicking tools, and, in the bedroom: a gorgeous broadsword was placed diagononally across the bed, with a matching shield and gauntlets.  There was a desk that looked like it came out of a Lucretia Borgia dream - goblets, candles, ornate knives, flasks, skulls, etc.

The fact that you could do anything, anywhere, anytime was amazing. For some things you had to be strong enough, or you had to find something - but all that just made the game even more compelling and addictive. The "just one more quest..." factor was unbelievable.

And Purge - once I got into the game, I didn't need much caffeine - it would have taken time away from the game to go get it, too!  I missed summer and fall that year - and can't wait to miss winter this year!  Even talking about it is making me want to go start Morrowind... just... one... more... time - again!  :twisted:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2005, 06:11:17 PM »

Purge,  I almost didn't get into the game either! I somehow managed to do the stash in the tree thing rather easily... then I met my first storage room rat - and my little knife was swatting away at it, looking totally idiotic, and I died.  I thought "Wow, is this a stupid game!"  A few days later I gave it another try, stole some more stuff to sell, bought a sword, killed the rats - and the rest is history, as "they" say.

Though I'm excited about the 360, it's really subdued - in comparison to how excited I am about the sequel to Morrowind.  The wind has been removed from my sails... :cry:

I ended up taking over that rat-room, then I found out you could "relocate" most items.  WOW!  I put a skull on a chest, plus torches, candles, books, swords, armor, and goblets around - until it was a flickering, warm, homey room.  Friends began taking over rooms and decorating them too.

THEN we found out we were going to be building strongholds - OMG! Between performing quests, plus learning to levitate, speed, and enchant armor, make potions, etc. - we were all decorating our strongholds.  You can place an unlit torch somewhere, then put something on top of it - and make a "display stand". And you could put candles all around the base of it, and the light would reflect up under the skull - amazing stuff!  MasterMagic took it a step further by planting several torches on top of each other, then putting something on top of that, like a skull - then removing the torches - and the skull stayed in the air, lol!  I did it with a skull at a "dining room" table, right about where a seated person's head would be - so I always  had company at dinner, even if it was only a hovering skull!

Since I was lost all the time, I began marking certain important paths with torches.  Then I knew which side of Balmora I was on, where my room was, which way to turn to get to the Thieve's Guild, etc.  Once I had a stronghold, I had torches running up the road leading to it, torches at the tops of all the buildings, like beacons in the night... My main house had a potion-ingredients storage room, a bookshelf with small boxes for my lockpicking tools, and, in the bedroom: a gorgeous broadsword was placed diagononally across the bed, with a matching shield and gauntlets.  There was a desk that looked like it came out of a Lucretia Borgia dream - goblets, candles, ornate knives, flasks, skulls, etc.

The fact that you could do anything, anywhere, anytime was amazing. For some things you had to be strong enough, or you had to find something - but all that just made the game even more compelling and addictive. The "just one more quest..." factor was unbelievable.

And Purge - once I got into the game, I didn't need much caffeine - it would have taken time away from the game to go get it, too!  I missed summer and fall that year - and can't wait to miss winter this year!  Even talking about it is making me want to go start Morrowind... just... one... more... time - again!  :twisted:

Reading that made me just want to fire it up again!  biggrin

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2005, 06:18:24 PM »

Myto, that post is just screaming "intervention".

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2005, 06:44:35 PM »

Crap, crap, crap....

http://www.gametab.com/news/388608/

It’s official, 2K Games has pushed back Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to December 5. The new release date was confirmed an hour or so ago. No word on why the delay, though I’m guessing that the company needed more time to optimize the game for the 360 because Msoft was so late it getting final hardware out to developers.

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2005, 06:48:01 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Crap, crap, crap....

It’s official, 2K Games has pushed back Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to December 5. The new release date was confirmed an hour or so ago. No word on why the delay, though I’m guessing that the company needed more time to optimize the game for the 360 because Msoft was so late it getting final hardware out to developers.

I'd rather have it pushed back then receive a buggy-ass glitchfest on launch day.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2005, 06:52:06 PM »

Quote from: "GatorFavre"
Crap, crap, crap....

I'd rather have it pushed back then receive a buggy-ass glitchfest on launch day.

You really thnk that 2 weeks will turn a "buggy glitch fest" itno a bug free gem?

I think it has more to do with the performance problems in the XBox 360 version. They didn't even have shadows enabled in the X05 build and it chugged in places....

depward

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2005, 07:00:10 PM »

I think it has more to do with the performance problems in the XBox 360 version. They didn't even have shadows enabled in the X05 build and it chugged in places....

Hence a buggy-ass glitchfest.  Performance problems and chugging in places sounds pretty glitchy to me.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2005, 07:09:31 PM »

Crap, crap, crap....

You really thnk that 2 weeks will turn a "buggy glitch fest" itno a bug free gem?

First of all, its "buggy-ass" and secondly, are you involved with making this game?  I didnt think so.  Quit treating it like your own precious baby.  I didnt even say anything bad about the game, all I said was I would rather have some of the glitches and bugs ironed out.  There is no need to raise your threat level to defcon 5.  Jesus Christ.  You know what?  I now hope this game sucks terribly just to spite you.

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2005, 07:17:14 PM »

If it's having performance problems on the XBox360, what's it going to be like on the PC?  :shock:
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2005, 07:20:25 PM »

Everyone relax ok? this is not life and death here, no reason to get so defensive. 2 weeks could make a huge difference. More bugs will get fixed, and every extra day optimizing frame rate is a bonus for us as gamers. Plus, its two freaking weeks. Play Kameo and PGR3 and PD0 till completion and salivate over Oblivion the first week of December. It will work out fine smile
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2005, 07:22:51 PM »

Crap, crap, crap....

First of all, its "buggy-ass" and secondly, are you involved with making this game?  I didnt think so.  Quit treating it like your own precious baby.  I didnt even say anything bad about the game, all I said was I would rather have some of the glitches and bugs ironed out.  There is no need to raise your threat level to defcon 5.  Jesus Christ.  You know what?  I now hope this game sucks terribly just to spite you.

LOL

Lay off the caffeine, bud. I wasn't even defending the game at all!

I wasn't attacking you at all either. Or at Defcon 5. I just had an honest question....do you really think that two weeks is enough to turn it from a buggy-ass glitch fest into a perfect gem??

Honestly.

I don't think it's a buggy ass glitch fest at this point, or else it would be delayed a heck of a lot longer than 2 weeks.

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2005, 07:28:05 PM »

Crap, crap, crap....

LOL

I wasn't attacking you at all. Or at Defcon 5. I just had an honest question....do you really think that two weeks is enough to turn it from a buggy-ass glitch fest into a perfect gem??

Honestly.

Honestly?

I'm not your "bud."  Who said anything about a perfect gem?  All I am saying is I would rather see some bugs ironed out before release.  No big deal.  Maybe buggy-ass glitchfest was too much for you to handle.  So I will change it to framerate issues, clipping issues, no shadows, wonky combat... And yes, I do believe some of those issues could be worked out in two weeks.  Clearly, 2k feels the same way.  I was never expecting a perfect gem from this game anyway.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 07:56:44 PM »

Hmm, that release date reminds me of another RPG released at almost the same time last year (Dec 6 2004):  KOTOR 2.  Here's hoping that this isn't a bad sign....(For the record I reallyed liked KOTOR 2 but it was obviously shoved out the door to make Christmas)
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 07:56:47 PM »

Crap, crap, crap....

LOL

I wasn't attacking you at all. Or at Defcon 5. I just had an honest question....do you really think that two weeks is enough to turn it from a buggy-ass glitch fest into a perfect gem??

Honestly.

Honestly?

I'm not your "bud."  Who said anything about a perfect gem?  All I am saying is I would rather see some bugs ironed out before release.  No big deal.  Maybe buggy-ass glitchfest was too much for you to handle.  So I will change it to framerate issues, clipping issues, no shadows, wonky combat... And yes, I do believe some of those issues could be worked out in two weeks.  Clearly, 2k feels the same way.  I was never expecting a perfect gem from this game anyway.

Ok then....

I'm not even going to waste my time with you anymore. I hope you find some way to enjoy this buggy ass game when it comes out.

If not well, it's just a game and don't go defcon 5 on anybody, bud.   Tongue

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2005, 08:06:47 PM »

Air Bud?

warning

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2005, 08:28:21 PM »

Air Bud?

Strikes Back!  He's got the golden touch!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2005, 09:14:12 PM »

Wow. Some people bruise easy.

And that dog is more talented than Bo Jackson. Bo *knows* Milkbone.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2005, 09:22:49 PM »

It's interesting that neither EB nor Gamestop have moved the PC release date to 12/5... yet.

EDIT: OOPS! Gamestop has. Not yet for EB.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2005, 10:09:17 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
Wow. Some people bruise easy.

And that dog is more talented than Bo Jackson. Bo *knows* Milkbone.

I step up to defend Bo Jackson.  I take great offense!  OFFENDED AM I!

Bo Jackson ruled.  Didn't you play Tecmo Bowl?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2005, 10:20:24 PM »

Quote from: "JCC"

EDIT: OOPS! Gamestop has. Not yet for EB.

Umm, you sure about that? smile

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: