http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 08:21:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My last reason to keep the Wii: destroyed and pooped on  (Read 3481 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2008, 12:56:55 AM »

Reheated and refried Animal Crossing.

I was hanging on to the Wii mainly for one reason:   The promise of another Animal Crossing experience.   The true sequel to the game.    One chocked full of more stuff to do, cool tweaks and new inventions in gameplay.

Instead these guys got a hands on view of the game, and it's nearly EXACTLY like the previous versions.     Nothing is different.   Nintendo merely stuck the old game in the oven to warm it up and slapped it on a plate.    What a freakin joke.

I'm going to lobby the wife to sell the Wii now.    Screw you Nintendo and your gimmicks.   I'm out.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:59:10 AM »

Welcome, Brother, to the Disgruntled Former Nintendo Die-Hard Club.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 01:44:12 AM »

But now it has MOTION CONTROLS!  icon_wink
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 01:52:01 AM »

Wow feel bad for you, and I hope you can sell it.

However this: http://wii.ign.com/articles/891/891104p1.html is one of several great reasons for me to keep the Wii. . .

Oh yeah, I agree that Animal Crossing Wii is a joke.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:53:51 AM by Tebunker » Logged

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 01:52:51 AM »

My wife still says she can't wait for the new AC game. But I agree, all they did was add a city for shopping? That's really lame. It's ok for your portable version to ape the first game, but it looks like they put no effort into this at all. I think they really shot their first party wad in the first 18 months of the Wii's life, and now they were desperate to get something out for the holidays.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 01:58:00 AM »

Unfortunately, I'm getting tired of Nintendo's deal.    What's their deal?    Repackage the same say...10 games over and over again.    It sucks.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 02:04:28 AM »

hell yeah, wtf @ nintendo seriously. my ds lite gets about a zillion times more game time than my wii could ever hope for. i knew i should've sold it after i finished zelda and cashed in back in the day. i think it's time that nintendo's next gen console takes a sit and wait seat as well.

i really, really think next generation is going to be vastly different in what we see for games. i fear the worst.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 03:09:12 AM »

Quote from: JCC on July 18, 2008, 01:52:51 AM

My wife still says she can't wait for the new AC game. But I agree, all they did was add a city for shopping? That's really lame. It's ok for your portable version to ape the first game, but it looks like they put no effort into this at all. I think they really shot their first party wad in the first 18 months of the Wii's life, and now they were desperate to get something out for the holidays.

I'm relatively shocked that Nintendo didn't have a bigger surprised title for this holiday season like the rumored Kid Icarus.  Frankly, there really wasn't any need to release SSMB, Mario Kart, and Wii Fit in such close proximity, especially with them selling every piece of hardware they produce anyway.  When they did release them like that, I assumed they had something really big in the wings for a holiday release.  Otherwise they could easily have held back Mario Kart for six months and no one would have batted an eye.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 03:59:58 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 18, 2008, 03:09:12 AM

Quote from: JCC on July 18, 2008, 01:52:51 AM

I'm relatively shocked that Nintendo didn't have a bigger surprised title for this holiday season like the rumored Kid Icarus.  Frankly, there really wasn't any need to release SSMB, Mario Kart, and Wii Fit in such close proximity, especially with them selling every piece of hardware they produce anyway.  When they did release them like that, I assumed they had something really big in the wings for a holiday release.  Otherwise they could easily have held back Mario Kart for six months and no one would have batted an eye.

Just because they didn't announce anything at E3 doesn't necessarily mean they don't have anything in store.  On the other hand, that list they released feels a little final.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 04:03:50 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 18, 2008, 03:59:58 AM

Just because they didn't announce anything at E3 doesn't necessarily mean they don't have anything in store.  On the other hand, that list they released feels a little final.

True, but I find it hard to imagine that they'll have something significant to release by Christmas and not already have announced it. 
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 04:48:35 AM »

And they completely fumbled the AC ball.   This was the title many of the hard core Nintendo fans like myself was most looking forward to.    Now it's just an empty shell of a repeat.    Pathetic.
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 05:07:46 AM »

Dang. I was disappointed by the DS version but had a lot of hope for the Wii version. That IGN movie almost looked like it came straight from the Gamecube, except for the silly city stuff. I want something new! And I bet they still haven't put back the classic Nintendo games like they had in the GC version since now you have to pay at least 5 bucks for those games on the Wii ship channel.

Maybe they'll have some motion controls for fishing? I can not believe they wouldn't at least do that. Looks like I'll pass on this unless some new revelations come out about the game later.
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 06:42:30 AM »

Okay, I read the title of the thread and thought that the last reason you wanted to keep your Wii was because someone destroyed it by pooping on it.

I thought, what a strange reason to keep a Wii. And then I wondered who would actually poop on a Wii. And then I thought maybe it was your dog and he did some sort of poop art.

I was wrong.

But yeah, same game on the Wii as on the DS? That's a bit lame. But I like a lot of the other stuff Nintendo has put out for the Wii. Very creative, IMHO. I didn't own a Gamecube, though, so maybe there's a lot that's the same on the Wii?

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 08:33:37 AM »

It's actually the exact same game?  I watched one of the movies and I thought it was pretty cool.  I'm not sure what the problem is here-it's the same series so why should it be much different?  If they completely changed it then it wouldn't be Animal Crossing anymore, it would be a different game altogether-Prince of Persia perhaps?  The Sims has been coming out with basically the exact same theme since at least 1999 and people still gobble it up so I don't see why Nintendo should be held to some higher standard.  Now then, if it is quite literally the exact same game as on the DS (ie Animal Crossing:Wide World) then I guess you don't have a reason to keep your Wii after all!
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 09:33:48 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on July 18, 2008, 08:33:37 AM

It's actually the exact same game?  I watched one of the movies and I thought it was pretty cool.  I'm not sure what the problem is here-it's the same series so why should it be much different?  If they completely changed it then it wouldn't be Animal Crossing anymore, it would be a different game altogether-Prince of Persia perhaps?  The Sims has been coming out with basically the exact same theme since at least 1999 and people still gobble it up so I don't see why Nintendo should be held to some higher standard.  Now then, if it is quite literally the exact same game as on the DS (ie Animal Crossing:Wide World) then I guess you don't have a reason to keep your Wii after all!

The Sims 2 added a lot of new features and improved on many things compare to The Sims. While DS's Animal Crossing is almost identical to Gamecube's minus some features. If Wii version is identical to Gamecube version plus new motion controller user interface, it can't be compare to The Sims series.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 11:22:43 AM »

I think you and I both know what a proper sequel should do, so I'm not going to stroke your ego by typing out a lengthy response to this.
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 11:54:07 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on July 18, 2008, 04:48:35 AM

And they completely fumbled the AC ball.   This was the title many of the hard core Nintendo fans like myself was most looking forward to.    Now it's just an empty shell of a repeat.    Pathetic.

Ugh, what a lousy way to start my day.  I was looking forward to it too, but I can't say I'm very thrilled to buy the same game again. frown
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 12:53:44 PM »

So they are treating Animal Crossing like every other game, and you get upset?

Tongue

NiM$!!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 01:00:05 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on July 18, 2008, 12:56:55 AM

Nothing is different.   Nintendo merely stuck the old game in the oven to warm it up and slapped it on a plate.    What a freakin joke.

I'm going to lobby the wife to sell the Wii now.    Screw you Nintendo and your gimmicks.   I'm out.

Quote from: msduncan on July 18, 2008, 01:58:00 AM

Unfortunately, I'm getting tired of Nintendo's deal.    What's their deal?    Repackage the same say...10 games over and over again.    It sucks.

Quote from: msduncan on July 18, 2008, 04:48:35 AM

yeah,... it's kinda like repackaging the same post over'n'over slywink ...

my take: it's nintendo being nintendo. every so often, they'll release some really impressive 'variation' of an established franchise (wind waker, smg), but, by'n'large, this's just the way they've always gone about things... which's why 1 out of 4 of my wii games, & 4 out of 20+ of my ds games (including wild world) are nintendo - the rest are third party...

gotta admit: as someone who's visited their town in ac:ww every day since 2005, i can't help but find any kinda angst involving animal crossing kinda amusing. maybe a quiet coffee at the roost, followed by a conversation with dr. shrunk's in order?...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:02:22 PM by semiconscious » Logged

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 01:09:37 PM »

Quote from: Devil on July 18, 2008, 12:53:44 PM

So they are treating Animal Crossing like every other game, and you get upset?

Tongue

NiM$!!!

And the Devil wins again!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 02:47:56 PM »

I, too, am disappointed in this. Nintendo's other franchises are handled well for sequels, giving us new features and twists on gameplay that permeate the entire experience. This, however, doesn't even seem to come close to the quality I would expect from a new entry in a Nintendo franchise.

Very, very disappointing unless they are adding in more than they've indicated.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 02:51:17 PM »

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »

Even I, a huge Nintendo fanboy, am disappointed in Animal Crossing Wii.  I watched a video of it and thought to myself that it was basically just the same old thing again and how disappointing it was that there seemed to really be nothing new to it.  There's the voice chat, but I don't know enough people to make that part worth it, especially with Friend Codes being such a hassle.  I was hoping for more of an MMO type of thing or maybe small towns with a place to meet in the middle.  Even that is probably grander than the Wii is capable of, so I would have settle for new features.  I keep hoping that they aren't showing something fantastic, but I don't hold out hope for it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 04:07:10 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 18, 2008, 04:03:50 AM

True, but I find it hard to imagine that they'll have something significant to release by Christmas and not already have announced it. 

Quote from: The Grue on July 18, 2008, 03:37:11 PM

I keep hoping that they aren't showing something fantastic, but I don't hold out hope for it.

This E3 felt like the Japanese companies were sending a message that this hampered E3 was dead.  Granted, there's not a big time frame left for announcing stuff for Christmas, and I don't know what other events might be coming up, if any (maybe they're trying to highjack Comicon), but part of the reason this seems like the time to make announcements is because that's the way it's been.

Don't get me wrong.  I suspect that there's not a lot more coming, but that's the hope I'm holding out.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 04:12:13 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 18, 2008, 04:07:10 PM

I keep hoping that they aren't showing something fantastic, but I don't hold out hope for it.

This E3 felt like the Japanese companies were sending a message that this hampered E3 was dead.  Granted, there's not a big time frame left for announcing stuff for Christmas, and I don't know what other events might be coming up, if any (maybe they're trying to highjack Comicon), but part of the reason this seems like the time to make announcements is because that's the way it's been.

Don't get me wrong.  I suspect that there's not a lot more coming, but that's the hope I'm holding out.

There are several big events coming up (PAX and Liepzig in August, TGS in September) and TGS is the big one for Japanese pubs (though Nintendo generally does not participate), so I'm sure we'll see some really big announcements yet to come. 
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 18, 2008, 04:07:10 PM

i really hope so because otherwise this e3 was one big thing followed with a bunch of little droppings. 

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 04:26:57 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that about Animal Crossing on the Wii.  I remember playing the original - that unbelievable little game hooked me and landed me, and I played like the collection-freak I am.  Just one more apple tree...

Then I must've played the DS version, at least a little, because I saw it collecting dust somewhere just the other day.  It just felt like there wasn't anything else there for me.  It's been long enough that a Wii version probably would've gotten me again if it wasn't the exact same game.

That given, I still have a hard time understanding why people buy and sell consoles almost like they are trading library books.  It's not good this week (month, or year), I'll trade it in for something else... that will get traded in later to get the other one back.  I bought the Wii for a few games, I'm enjoying them, and I believe there will be more games I will enjoy in the future.  It's a little like the extra TV in the den - won't get much use during rerun season, but will be in demand soon enough.

I DO understand people who are fed up and are making a point, though.  If you're completely disappointed by the games, and won't look at any other upcoming games because of your feelings, then I get that.  It's just not me, lol.  So far, the only console I've "made a point" about - like Sony even noticed - is the PS3 due to the price tag.  I can afford it - I do little else with my money (!) - I just don't see any games yet that would compel me to grab a PS3 before a price drop.

We just downloaded Dr. Mario and Puzzle League, so the Wii won't get too dusty (we're crazy mad head-to-head Dr. Mario freaks.) One of those, or Wii Fit, RE4, Boom Blox, Okami, or Wii Play will keep the console warm - OMG, I've only had it a few weeks and I already have a backlog.  Roll Eyes

I didn't sleep well last night, I'm big-time rambling here... what was the topic again?  retard

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 04:31:47 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on July 18, 2008, 11:22:43 AM

I think you and I both know what a proper sequel should do, so I'm not going to stroke your ego by typing out a lengthy response to this.

Proper sequels like The Sims, Mario Kart, Metal Gear, Madden?  Sure there are additions to all of those but the basic gameplay is unchanged.  It's a sandbox game after all.  What do you want, a different way to harvest apples?
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 04:42:34 PM »

this is the big N's weakness and part of why the first 18 months were so loaded with good games.  their strategy failed them last gen and they had to make up lost ground.  now that they have two bona fide money machines on their hands, they can pretty much coast from here on in.  unfortunately, my dedication to this console has dropped steadily since smg came out, and that's why it stands as my last satisfied 1st party game purchase (imo, wii fit doesn't fall into the game category).  mario kart was the first sign for me as it is damn near a carbon copy of the ds version.  

i had great hopes for the wii, but we haven't had a good sign that N wants to keep the pace they set and release big name titles every quarter.  and they haven't even mentioned sequels to some of their other popular series like star fox or pikmin.  this ac game is sure to sell on name recognition alone and for all the people who missed it last time, but it comes off like a slap on the wrist to gc owners.

but then again, harvest moon has made a killing out of selling the same game every year with small tweaks to the core game, so perhaps N wants to follow suit.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 04:50:44 PM »

if the Wii had the motion controls and also kept a normal type controller,i wouldnt be that bothered,but the Wii just pigeon holes games because of the controller.....a few big games get the wiimake(<sorry couldnt help it),some work(RE4)some don't

controllers are very important for gaming(at least for me)...but the Wiimote got very old,very quickly for me

i prefer picking up a controller and playing straight away,but with the Wiimote and nunchuck it seems everytime i come back to a game i have to relearn how to control the damn thing

i am sick of all the crap that Nintendo are releasing at the moment,seems to be for one crowd and one crowd only

i have had every Nintendo that was sold in this country(the one too close to the french country for my liking)since the NES to the Cube,but the Wii is the first Nintendo console i have been dissapointed in

and dont get me started on the lack of HDD or memory space for the damn thing...Final Fantasy my life as a king was the last game i downloaded,and that has pretty much taken up the rest of the space i have on there,included an SD card inserted

i said this to a friend the other day>that the cube was taken off the shelves here in the UK,because of how poorly it was selling,but i still loved it(there was even rumours in the Papers that Microsoft were to buy them out),and now the Wii can't fly of the shelves fast enough and i hate it ....wierd

/another 'metal now hates Nintendo' rant, over

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 04:56:06 PM »

Isn't Animal Crossing Wii adding online coop? That seems like a pretty significant addition to me.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 05:00:32 PM »

Well, I still haven't played Mario Kart Wii or Okami, so I've still got stuff to look forward to.  I also have a Gamecube backlog (albeit a small one), so it still should get some use.  But still, throw me a bone, Nintendo.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 05:01:34 PM »

Lol, Metal!  But, can't you play many Wii games with a standard controller?  You probably wouldn't want to on some games, like Boom Blox where all the fun is in the controls.  But RE4, etc.?

I haven't tried yet, but there is a part on the Wii where you can plug in your standard controller, ie, the best N controller ever, the WaveBird.

Unless I've just my mind again, and just made that all up...  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 05:16:19 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 18, 2008, 04:50:44 PM

if the Wii had the motion controls and also kept a normal type controller,i wouldnt be that bothered,but the Wii just pigeon holes games because of the controller.....a few big games get the wiimake(<sorry couldnt help it),some work(RE4)some don't

controllers are very important for gaming(at least for me)...but the Wiimote got very old,very quickly for me

i prefer picking up a controller and playing straight away,but with the Wiimote and nunchuck it seems everytime i come back to a game i have to relearn how to control the damn thing

i am sick of all the crap that Nintendo are releasing at the moment,seems to be for one crowd and one crowd only

i have had every Nintendo that was sold in this country(the one too close to the french country for my liking)since the NES to the Cube,but the Wii is the first Nintendo console i have been dissapointed in

and dont get me started on the lack of HDD or memory space for the damn thing...Final Fantasy my life as a king was the last game i downloaded,and that has pretty much taken up the rest of the space i have on there,included an SD card inserted

i said this to a friend the other day>that the cube was taken off the shelves here in the UK,because of how poorly it was selling,but i still loved it(there was even rumours in the Papers that Microsoft were to buy them out),and now the Wii can't fly of the shelves fast enough and i hate it ....wierd

/another 'metal now hates Nintendo' rant, over

You sir are my new hero. VERY well said.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 05:28:33 PM »

I've made my feelings about the lack of games for the Wii known in other threads.

I think we just have to face up to the fact that we are not part of Nintendo's target market.

Quite honestly I'm not sure if I ever was.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2008, 05:49:21 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on July 18, 2008, 05:01:34 PM

Lol, Metal!  But, can't you play many Wii games with a standard controller?  You probably wouldn't want to on some games, like Boom Blox where all the fun is in the controls.  But RE4, etc.?

I haven't tried yet, but there is a part on the Wii where you can plug in your standard controller, ie, the best N controller ever, the WaveBird.

Unless I've just my mind again, and just made that all up...  Tongue

you can use the old CUBE controllers but not for most new games(although new games from Wiiware seems to work..at least it did with F.F.M.L.A.A.K.),i dont think it works on any retail games though,pretty certain resi 4 didnt give me the choice..the best part of the Wii was the Virtual console where you could download old games and play with the old controllers(either plug in a cube controller or use the old style wii pad...sold seperately)but that brings to the point about memory space,and it boggles the mind that Nintendo gave us very little to play with(and to hell with deleting and swapping stuff about)..especially when they got past 100 games available on VC before XBLA got 100 games...maybe Ninty should of done a CORE/premium thing....but i am not really that fond of so many versions of the same console out there on the shelves,but at least it gives you a choice(the 360 and the PS3 have i think lost themselves in so many different style consoles there are)

although i admit the backwards compatible part of the Wii with Cube games work great...unlike it has to be said the hiccup that was the whole PS3 and 360 backwards compatible thing...but still,its about this generation of games

if Nintendo didnt want to go for a powerhouse games console,then thats fine with me,afterall it is about the games right?...but the difference in style of play between the Cube and the Wii,is too different for me...after being a fan of the Cube ,the Wii feels as though it has cut me off(or probably something less dramatic)

i wonder if Nintendo ever did go back to the style of the older gen Ninty machines,would they cut of this new style of gamers they have attracted?

i still have my Wii,can't bare to sell it because of the thought of not being able to get the new Zelda game whenever that gets released...it sits in the corner,getting turned on every 3 months or so..(in about 1992/3,there was a time when i had my SNES on for over 24 hrs at one point playing whatever it was that had me so addicted to it at the time,i think streetfighter 2 or super mario world)
but saying that the Nintendo was the only machine i had back then,Sega master sytem II i had but got rid..at least i have my 360 now

and Jblank you make me blush(i can't find a smiley for it though)

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on July 18, 2008, 05:28:33 PM

I've made my feelings about the lack of games for the Wii known in other threads.

I think we just have to face up to the fact that we are not part of Nintendo's target market.

Quite honestly I'm not sure if I ever was.

In my case, my complaint was just about Animal Crossing Wii.  There are plenty of other games coming out that won't let me down.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 05:52:38 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 18, 2008, 05:49:21 PM

you can use the old CUBE controllers but not for most new games(although new games from Wiiware seems to work..at least it did with F.F.M.L.A.A.K.),i dont think it works on any retail games though,pretty certain resi 4 didnt give me the choice..

RE4 and SSMB both work with Cube controllers (in the case of RE4 all you have to do is plug it in).  Don't know why anyone would want to play RE4 with the old controller though....I think Mario Kart does as well and maybe some others. 
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 06:08:27 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on July 18, 2008, 04:31:47 PM

What do you want, a different way to harvest apples?

smile

classic...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 06:23:39 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 18, 2008, 05:52:38 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 18, 2008, 05:49:21 PM

you can use the old CUBE controllers but not for most new games(although new games from Wiiware seems to work..at least it did with F.F.M.L.A.A.K.),i dont think it works on any retail games though,pretty certain resi 4 didnt give me the choice..

RE4 and SSMB both work with Cube controllers (in the case of RE4 all you have to do is plug it in).  Don't know why anyone would want to play RE4 with the old controller though....I think Mario Kart does as well and maybe some others. 

typical..i didnt know that...but as i say it was just learning how to use(or getting use to) the wiimote over and over everytime i came back to the game

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: