http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 09:39:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My First REALLY COOL HL2 Moment *SPOILERS*  (Read 1112 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2004, 03:29:15 AM »

Hey all, HL2 has been lacking for me for the most part.  There were no wow moments like I had all throughout the first one.  Well I just had my first wow moment.

In the Follow Freeman mission, where you are fighting on the roof, trying to shoot down the Striders, and there's rebel forces fighting with you.  That was hectic and intense and fun!  I see bullets hitting the wall around me, teammates getting killed, bullets just whizzing everywhere, damn that was fun.  

Seems to get really good towards the end here.  Whew!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 03:49:44 AM »

The first stunner for me was the "OH MY GOD!!!" moment during the airboat mission when the tower gets hit by the rocket and starts falling. Me being who I am gunned it towards where the tower was falling and naturally it lands and breaks apart right where I need to go. When you follow that up with bobbing and weaving in between the helicopter dropping mines on me and I was in gaming nirvana.

But the rebellion on the rooftops was exciting stuff. Watching your team fighting bravely only to get cut down, and then you trying to protect them, was just edge of your set excitement in my book.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 02:21:45 PM »

I had my first moment at Nova Prospect.  Something about the place just looked amazing to me.  It might be that it was the biggest non-outdoor environment.  You could look over the railings and see just a huge place.

Montag
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 07:54:29 PM »

Mine was Highway 17.  I used the crossbow to snipe the guy on the sign.  The plat form fell and the guys body was pinned to the sign through his head and he dangled.

He dangled...   wow. - Did I mention he dangled?
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 07:58:51 PM »

I had a lot of moments where I was impressed, but one of the highlights of the whole game was when you got to the next to last level.  That instant after I lost my equipment and was wondering how in the hell I was going to get through a level with only my gravity gun.

The instant I saw one of those guards dangling on the end of my gun and then launched him back at his comrades I couldn't stop giggling. smile

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 09:46:09 PM »

I had a double-cool moment happen on my first trip through. There's a spot where you come up out of the sewers and are in a building with an elevator with a bunch of barrels on it. There are also a lot of metal beams as rafters. Anyway, a Combine troop was shooting down at me and I fired a crossbow bolt at him. What I didn't notice is what it did. I get up to the top, and I see his body. The bolt went through his neck and pinned his skull to the steel girder above where he was standing. I just laughed, then other troops poured in.

His body was at just the right level so I used it for a shield. They're shooting this body up and it's just twitching and I'm leaning out from behind it taking shots back. Loved it. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
FlyingElvis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 11:58:33 PM »

My cool moment was at the beginning when you get in the transporter thingie and it goes haywire. Pretty cool effects.

Now playing: Oblivion, X3: The Reunion
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: