http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 08:15:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my DS CAN in fact swim-INSANE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3454 times)
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2006, 07:37:46 PM »

Maybe Nintendo's USP with the DS could be something like that - how the hardware is so durable.  Make some commercial with some dude dropping it in a jacuzzi for hours and then playing it, someone playing it up on, I don't know, Mt. Everest or something, and then someone playing it nearby an erupting volcano.

It might not be a quality unique selling point, but I'm sure for at least a handful of people when they're looking for portable handhelds they would like one that is sturdy and tough.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2006, 09:04:35 PM »

God knows a PSP would have blown up and taken out a whole town... at least that is what that Talking with John guy said... dont believe me?  Look it up... look it up on Google!

Wolves
Gaming Trend Reader

DAMMIT!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2006, 12:12:24 AM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"
Someone needs to teach Nintendo some business sense. They should make their products as delicate as possible so that consumers have to buy the product multiple times. Poorly made hardware = more money. After all, that plan worked pretty well for Sony with the PS2.  :wink:

Yep, both my Ps2 and X-Box broke down around the 6-month mark. This despite me never have a problem with any previous system I've owned, and I've owned alot. Cost $100 cdn each to get them fixed at the time, and now the X-Box is starting to go again. :roll:

No wonder I'm so hesitant to buy a new system from either of those companies.

The 'Cube still functions fine though.

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2006, 07:05:52 AM »

I'm sure Wii will treat you just fine.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
only1
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2006, 04:14:38 AM »

man, you should totally write to them and tell them... then maybe you won't have to pay for a Lite.  biggrin

"Beer- the cause of, and solution to, all of lifes little problems."
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2006, 08:47:03 PM »

Wow! I figured it was fubared since you turned it on BEFORE you tried rinsing with de-ionized water (and it sounds like you never even did that, right?). Amazing. And Ralph-Wiggum, Nintendo doesn't need to make their gadgets fragile to get people to replace them, we buy new things when they just release different colors.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2006, 09:42:03 PM »

Quote from: "adamsappel"
Wow! I figured it was fubared since you turned it on BEFORE you tried rinsing with de-ionized water (and it sounds like you never even did that, right?). Amazing. And Ralph-Wiggum, Nintendo doesn't need to make their gadgets fragile to get people to replace them, we buy new things when they just release different colors.

If that aint the truth I don't know what is.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2006, 01:01:42 PM »

Thats right, I never rinsed it at all... pretty impressive, me thinks.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2006, 05:46:27 PM »

Quote from: "HankRaptor"
It sat at the bottom of the jacuzzi for HOURS and HOURS while Im playing Ghost Recon with Rob Morton.

I knew it was just a matter of time before I got blamed. Screw you. I don't need this bullshit.

And furthermore, that item you sent me was utterly worthless. Not only did it fail to address my concerns, concerns which you yourself promised would be addressed by the item, but furthermore, the item actually worsened my situation and deepened my concerns. Next time instead of trying to help me out of a jam, why don't you shove your head up  your ass instead?
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2006, 06:06:46 PM »

Quote from: "rrmorton"
It sat at the bottom of the jacuzzi for HOURS and HOURS while Im playing Ghost Recon with Rob Morton.

I knew it was just a matter of time before I got blamed. Screw you. I don't need this bullshit.

And furthermore, that item you sent me was utterly worthless. Not only did it fail to address my concerns, concerns which you yourself promised would be addressed by the item, but furthermore, the item actually worsened my situation and deepened my concerns. Next time instead of trying to help me out of a jam, why don't you shove your head up  your ass instead?

:shock: rrmorton slam FTW!

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2006, 07:33:53 PM »

Quote from: "rrmorton"

Now this is what I am talking about. This is why I and others resent your attitude. First lets be very clear, the item was NOT USELESS AT ALL.. in fact, I MYSELF have used that item in my own environment for many days at a time without trouble. Did you apply the pre-lubricant properly? PROBABLY NOT You got the item and you went probably willy nilly around your manse attempting to use the item without the proper lock access device.

I cannot have this public thrashing,  who do you think you are thrusting your ideology about with wonton disregard for my feelings. Piss off, next time you need an item.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
unbreakable
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2006, 10:07:30 PM »

I'm not trying to be offensive, I just found the picture funny.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: