http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 09:39:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My 360 just died it would seem  (Read 1632 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2006, 04:04:11 PM »

Well, played about two hours on my 360 yesterday and all was fine.  Was kicking butt in Kameo.  Went to start it up this morning and all I get is a flashing red circle around the power button.  Glad I got the two year coverage from MS.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 04:24:30 PM »

Flashing Red is overheating I think. Shouldn't be hot if it was off all night....odd

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 06:20:03 PM »

Well from what I can tell the red light can indicate many things, depending on wether 1.2.3 or 4 light up, if it "spins" or just blinks.  Mine is blinking all 4 simultaneously.  MS is sending me a prepaid box to send it back for repair.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 07:34:40 PM »

I have a boyfriend of a friend who had just gotten one recently, and it died on him the other day.  He was pretty pissed :/

TheMissingLink on PSN
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 08:41:59 PM »

Well to be honest, it doesn't really bother me.  I understand the risks of being a day one adopter of a new system.  I went through 3 PS2's.  I love the system and the games and MS is taking care of it.  There is enough to life that I can handle being without it for 10-14 days.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 10:41:28 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
Well to be honest, it doesn't really bother me.  I understand the risks of being a day one adopter of a new system.  I went through 3 PS2's.  I love the system and the games and MS is taking care of it.  There is enough to life that I can handle being without it for 10-14 days.

My should be back in my hands this week. I hope they detail what the problem was in their repair report.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 12:16:51 AM »

Sorry to hear that Arkon that sucks, I hope you get it back shortly man!
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 03:33:18 PM »

Mine is going off to repair this week.

The system only turns on 8 out of 10 times.. it just sits there on a black screen. Its frustrating.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 06:07:50 PM »

Uhh....     :shock:

You guys are getting me nervous!   I bought from Walmart and I didn't open the system until after the 10 days from purchase window and so I couldn't get the M$ replacement plan.  frown

I'm going to be SO screwed if something happens to it past the 3 month warranty....
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 06:23:54 PM »

I'm waiting for the "PS3 will be bullet-proof" post....

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
Uhh....     :shock:

You guys are getting me nervous!   I bought from Walmart and I didn't open the system until after the 10 days from purchase window and so I couldn't get the M$ replacement plan.  frown

I'm going to be SO screwed if something happens to it past the 3 month warranty....

I would still fill out the paperwork and send it in.  Call MS if you are worried, just explain that it was a gift and you just opened it.
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 06:40:45 PM »

Well, played about two hours on my 360 yesterday and all was fine.  Was kicking butt in Kameo.  Went to start it up this morning and all I get is a flashing red circle around the power button.  Glad I got the two year coverage from MS.
Overheating. Same thing happened ot my friend. It probably overheated when you were playing it the night before and screwed itself. Send it back. Good luck man.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 06:43:46 PM »

Quote from: "jimmyorr99"
Overheating. Same thing happened ot my friend. It probably overheated when you were playing it the night before and screwed itself. Send it back. Good luck man.

I really don't think it is overheating.  Well ventilated for both the power brick and system would be an understatement.  One way or the other it is on it's way to MS, but the tech on the phone ruled out overheating due to the way the lights were flashing.
gilgamex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 04:41:28 AM »

The PS3 will be bulletproof...
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 08:06:39 AM »

Quote from: "gilgamex"
The PS3 will be bulletproof...

Technically, the first xbox was indeed bulletproof...

Due to its size and weight, the Xbox console has been the butt of many jokes in the gaming community. An incident that occurred last Friday will probably prove to only stir a few more jokes from the minds of gamers and industry followers.

On Friday November 28th, police were called to investigate a shooting that took place in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. When police arrived on the scene, they found an unlikely victim had been shot, an Xbox.

A Maryland newspaper, The Baltimore Sun, reported that a 34-year-old man had become so angry at his roommate for playing the Xbox at high volumes that he shot the Xbox with a 9mm pistol.

According to the report, in a fit or rage, the man stormed from his bedroom at 2:00 AM with the 9mm pistol while his roommate was playing the Xbox. The man took aim at the console and took fire. Amazingly, because of the console's thick plastic, the bullet was deflected, but the console was disabled from the shot.

The man was arrested and booked on two counts of reckless endangerment and one count of destruction of property. How's that for quality!

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 06:56:46 PM »

haha, I hadn't read that, what a great story. If only my original xbox didn't overheat so much..

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 12:41:54 PM »

Well, MS sent me a new 360.  Funny thing is the told me to keep my hard drive when I sent it back to them.  The new one they sent me has a hard drive.  Guess I have a spare now heh.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 01:10:39 PM »

Well, MS sent me a new 360.  Funny thing is the told me to keep my hard drive when I sent it back to them.  The new one they sent me has a hard drive.  Guess I have a spare now heh.

Weird. They wanted my HD when I shipped mine back for repair. Count yourself lucky, I guess. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 02:11:16 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"

Weird. They wanted my HD when I shipped mine back for repair. Count yourself lucky, I guess. biggrin

Yeah I found it odd, although the box they sent was tight, would have been no room for an HDD.  Nicest part is I didn't lose any of my saves.

As an aside, given that the FF 11 beta is almost 6gigs of install.. I think I will dedicate one HDD to that game, then use my main HDD for everything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: