http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 07:37:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MsDuncan, I kinda sorta owe you an apology, sorta  (Read 1164 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2005, 12:47:50 PM »

So after watching the Chiefs play flat all day I decided to head up to best buy and see if there was a line. Of course there was, I slowly drove by the line and counted out 29 people, and I knew they were getting 30 premium systems.

Sweet, they even had an unofficial sign up list. So at about 8:45 pm est I sat down, and asked my awesome wife to grab some stuff to keep me warm and my portable dvd player and the DS! The guys around me were nice and we had a lot of fun talking. Two of them were in Highschool, seniors, and two were Juniors at VaTech. One of the Tech guys was buying his to Ebay it, eh I can't blame him. So there I waited with my wonderful wife and we anticipated getting the Xbox for MsDuncan. Temperatures neared the low 20s as a snow storm approached. I probably drank 6 or 7 cups of coffee and am wired now.

There was a lot of tension as it seemed that some folks at the back of the line planned to jump to get a voucher, but they were very unsucessful thanks to the Chesterfield County Police and our Sign up list.

So out of 32 xboxes, 30 premium and 2 core I was number 30 and got a voucher! And then we waited some more, but this time in the warm car. This is where things get bad and I owe MsDuncan an apology, at least for now, Just about a half hour ago, while waiting for BB to open, lots of people kept coming up only to realize that they'd wouldn't get a Xbox. One kid sells his voucher for $100, which was ridiculous, to a dad who had been scouring the web for one. Then about 15 minutes later that kid's friend sells his for $300. I was amazed at how desperate people were, and as we were standing around talking about this another guy walks up and offers me $300 cash for my voucher, and I thought long and hard about it.

My wife and I have spent about $1000 total on christmas so far, and that money would really offset that cost, but on the other hand I told Msduncan I'd get him a machine. I caved, I talked it over with the wife, I was technically making over $30 dollars an hour for my time and effort, and we needed the money. On top of that I was nervous about shipping the machine and all the other potential headaches that come with things like that.

So Msduncan, and Msducan's Wife, I hope you'll forgive me. I will stay vigilant and will buy one if I see one. I couldn't pass up that offer today,  and I hope you understand.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 01:36:40 PM »

Wow.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 01:44:46 PM »

I think msduncan will understand.  Well, would understand, since surely what you have done to him will send him to an early grave.

I keed, I keed.

On a side note, people who pay people $300 cash for vouchers are dumbasses.  Hell, he should have just gotten the $1000 pre-order bundle from Gamestop.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 02:25:43 PM »

Nice work on the $300 - I'm still convinced that MSD will have one by X-Mas!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 02:34:42 PM »

:shock:

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 03:22:28 PM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
I was amazed at how desperate people were...

these are sad & strange times...

good effort, dude - you did alright...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 03:50:54 PM »

It's ok Tebunker,  no hard feelings.   I thought it was nice of you to try to get one for me in the first place.    Hopefully the money will help you out with Christmas!
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 04:21:19 PM »

Amazing you guys, made my day.

Firstly that tebunker would even attempt to do this under those conditions is wonderful.

Secondly that he would make a open apology for taking the $300(of which I think you did the right thing)

Thirdly that msduncan was nice enough to understand and wish him the best.

Good one guys, thanks. smile

Grace: Unmerited favor.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 04:22:38 PM »

It's a Christmas miracle!!!!

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 05:26:06 PM »

Wow, people are insane.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005, 06:21:30 PM »

$300 for a voucher?  Damn.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 12:11:54 AM »

"It's a Christmas miracle!!!!"
I think that, with the bizarreness of the situation, it's more of a Festivus miracle slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: