http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 09:56:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mouse and keyboard for the 360?  (Read 450 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2007, 12:34:53 AM »

honestly i think its just some japanese kid who has 'invented' a cool little gizmo so you can use the keyboard and mouse...but it could proove useful for those who play call of duty,but are used to the pcs 'faster' turning with the mouse...and are pissed off with the controller....and i know a few

having played call of duty 1,UO and COD2 on the PC...and then COD2 and COD3 on the 360,i am not one to complain about the difference,i just got used to it(i didnt even think about it until someone mentioned it to me)

http://www.teamxtender.com/index.php

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:00:44 PM »

I saw that the other day. Xbox360fanboy had a pretty decent sized review of it and needless to say, they weren't very impressed.

Original xbox had something similiar (forgot what it was called) that I've read worked suprisingly well, especially given that all xbox games never took into account possibly even supporting mouse/keyboard somewhere down the road.

While I still prefer mouse and keyboard I can see why a lot of people are against it, it simply makes the game (FPS's in particular) unfair to those with controllers..
Back in the dreamcast days I hooked up the DC mouse/keyboard and slaughtered everyone in quake 3 and unreal tournament!  icon_biggrin (And the DC game pad didn't even have dual analog control)

Got used to the xbox/360 controller as well.. they definitely have the best one (IMO) of all the consoles when it comes to controlling FPS's.

Now we just have to wait and see how cross-platform (360 vs Vista) titles like Shadowrun play when some have controllers and others have mouse/keyboard. Should be interesting to see as the developer keeps touting they are making it fair for all players regardless of platform.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 03:33:24 PM »

The nice thing about a mice/keyboard combo is that it is easier to play games while drunk, while the 360 controller can require more coordination  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 02:03:20 AM »

looks like the initial impressions from IGN aren't good either...read their thoughts here

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: