http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 08:36:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorstorm  (Read 578 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2007, 03:30:01 PM »

I thought I'd make a new thread instead of digging up a dead one.  I've been playing the demo of this since I got my PS3.  This game absolutely blows my mind!! It's god damned fantastic! I've never had so much fun with a racer before.  I don't even like racing games.  Anybody still play this one?  I know it was well received by reviewers but lost some marks for lack of tracks and online play (both of which have since been fixed I believe).  If I didn't already have a PS3 then this game would be a system seller for me-it's just that much fun!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 03:52:01 PM »

It'll definitely be one of my first PS3 game purchases if I end up going for that 20% off deal on the system.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 03:57:25 PM »

I think is a good game if you can get it used for $30 or so.  It doesn't offer enough track and vehicle variety to justify a $60 price though.  I keep meaning to try online races but I haven't gotten around to it yet. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 03:59:33 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
depward

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 04:06:10 PM »

I played it quite heavily for awhile... but while I don't play it quite as much as I used to, I still think it's a stellar game with fantastic (now that they fixed it up a bit) online play.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 06:11:32 PM »

It's a wonderful engine, a beautiful game.  The single-player didn't give me enough drive (PUNNY) to go through it, but the online was killer when I played with depward.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 10:20:52 AM »

Is there any way to manually change your name in the game?  In all my races I'm called Player for some reason.  When I had the demo it had my PSN name "Nexxsys" but now that I've bought the Japanese version of the game it only has "Player"
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 11:26:03 AM »

it is a good game,and online was great...i found single player to be hard as hell paranoid

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 11:51:25 AM »

Excellent game, brought down only by its lack of split screen play (even if it meant a loss in graphics quality) and lack of tracks.

They've been adding to the game quite a bit on the PSN here in the states.  I also recall that the US version had a lot more features than the Japanese version.

I'm also not a racing game fan, and neither is my friend, but there was just something about how the game felt that was just great.  I haven't taken it online, mainly because I'd prefer to race with friends and the PSN has problems in that department.  Also, despite the great feel of the game, there are times in the game where you don't interact as much with other racers.  Whereas with the more arcade/cartoony kart style racers the tracks are small.

I can't wait for Motorstorm 2, I mean if they got that good a game out of the PS3 with a crappy dev kit and not knowing much about the system, imagine what Motorstorm 2 would look and play like now that they're owned by Sony, with access to all the new dev tools and code sharing with other first party developers.

One cool way to compete with friends without the need to be online at the same time is you can race on tracks, then upload a ghost of your run through onto the PSN servers.  Then other people and your friends can download your ghost run and race against that, trying to beat each other's times.  You could create a while league online by posting ghost runs.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 11:54:37 AM by Turtle » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: