http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 02:55:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most underrated 360 game in your opinion  (Read 5282 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2009, 12:23:36 AM »

Quote from: naednek on February 04, 2009, 11:42:14 PM

Quote from: Jeff on February 04, 2009, 05:06:07 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on February 04, 2009, 05:00:49 PM

I'll give my vote to The Bourne Conspiracy.

The hand-to-hand combat was some of the most brutal and visceral I had ever seen in a game.  

Dammit.

This thread is doing brutal, hand-to-hand to combat ... against my wallet.

Bourne Conspiracy was fun for the first few levels, after that, it's very repetitive, and on rails.  Rent it.

Don't listen to him.  Buy it.  Buy it from me.   icon_wink

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2009, 01:14:11 AM »

Quote from: godhugh on February 04, 2009, 03:02:12 PM

Quote from: Gratch on February 04, 2009, 02:12:38 PM

I'll keep my opinions on Enchanted Arms to myself this time.   icon_razz

This thread reminds me that I need to eventually get around to playing Blue Dragon.  It was actually one of the main reasons I even bought a 360 in the first place, but then I got scared off by the horrid demo and mediocre reviews and couldn't justify the $60 price tag.   Now that it can be had for relatively cheap, I need to see if I have anything I can trade for it.  I've been in the mood for an old-school-ish JRPG the last little while, and BD might just fit the bill nicely. 

Tales of Vesperia would fit the bill better slywink.

I didn't mind Blue Dragon, but I found it to be fairly boring and the boss music was HORRID.

Picked it up this afternoon with some trade-in credit.  I'm only an hour in, and already think that Shu may be the single most annoying RPG character I've ever seen.  If I hear "I won't give up" one more time, I'm going to do horrible things to that little brat.   icon_evil

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2009, 02:07:23 AM »

Quote from: depward on February 03, 2009, 07:57:28 PM

Rockstar Presents Table Tennis.  Awesome game and incredibly fun.

That's a pretty good choice right there.

So is Endwar.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2009, 02:10:21 AM »

Quote from: naednek on February 04, 2009, 11:42:14 PM

Quote from: Jeff on February 04, 2009, 05:06:07 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on February 04, 2009, 05:00:49 PM

I'll give my vote to The Bourne Conspiracy.

The hand-to-hand combat was some of the most brutal and visceral I had ever seen in a game.  

Dammit.

This thread is doing brutal, hand-to-hand to combat ... against my wallet.

Bourne Conspiracy was fun for the first few levels, after that, it's very repetitive, and on rails.  Rent it.

if you enjoy feeling like a bad ass killing machine who lands a brutal looking combo to knock a painfully small sliver of life off of a boss who gets right back up without so much a pause, then go for it.   get ready to love those combo animations, as you will see them again and again and again, especially during the later boss levels.  

each fight (except the last one, a horrible timed fight) breaks down to blocking everything, then trying to land a "stong" combo and knock a small chunk off, then blocking.  rinse and repeat until you get your adrenaline up and then do some real damage.  if you let yourself get hit, you take a lot more damage than they do.  it should be a telling sign that the part i enjoyed the most was one of the poorly implemented aspects:  shooting.  clunky controls, but at least you could kill an enemy in one hit without using a power move.  

add to that a tacked on driving section, pointless item collectibles, and a h2h system which looks better than it plays and you have one of the most disappointing games i have played.

with all due respect to peterock, just rent this or buy a used one at gamestop so you can return it after the thrill has worn off.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
marcusjm

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2009, 02:30:36 AM »

Apparently the Riddick guys are working on new Bourne games.

Personally I would like to see games based on the books rather than the movies(which were good).
I have a totally different idea of Bourne compared to the movies.

Dedicated Gamer - XBL Profile DreamsurferSWE
XFire tag - dreamsurfer
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2009, 02:47:48 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 05, 2009, 01:14:11 AM

This thread reminds me that I need to eventually get around to playing Blue Dragon.  It was actually one of the main reasons I even bought a 360 in the first place, but then I got scared off by the horrid demo and mediocre reviews and couldn't justify the $60 price tag.   Now that it can be had for relatively cheap, I need to see if I have anything I can trade for it.  I've been in the mood for an old-school-ish JRPG the last little while, and BD might just fit the bill nicely. 

I didn't mind Blue Dragon, but I found it to be fairly boring and the boss music was HORRID.

Picked it up this afternoon with some trade-in credit.  I'm only an hour in, and already think that Shu may be the single most annoying RPG character I've ever seen.  If I hear "I won't give up" one more time, I'm going to do horrible things to that little brat.   icon_evil

Man, I thought you were talking about enCHANT ARM, and not BD... I was wondering who the #### Shu was... I mean sure Makoto was flaming, but he goes away really fast. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2009, 02:58:28 AM »

Picked it up this afternoon with some trade-in credit.  I'm only an hour in, and already think that Shu may be the single most annoying RPG character I've ever seen.  If I hear "I won't give up" one more time, I'm going to do horrible things to that little brat.   icon_evil

If you haven't already you may want to change it to Japanese voice acting (requires a restart).  I didn't mind the english dub but a lot of people prefer the Japanese voices and find them less annoying. 
warning

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2009, 03:29:44 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 05, 2009, 02:58:28 AM

If you haven't already you may want to change it to Japanese voice acting (requires a restart).  I didn't mind the english dub but a lot of people prefer the Japanese voices and find them less annoying. 

Much less annoying.  Much.
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2009, 05:21:27 AM »

Quote from: warning on February 05, 2009, 03:29:44 AM

You still have to deal with the worst video game music ever, though.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2009, 06:12:54 AM »

A light shining on my heart, a memory of forgotten looooooooooooove - I actually loved the cheesiness of that song, even if the rest of the music in BD was rather forgettable.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
warning

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2009, 12:34:41 PM »

Quote from: godhugh on February 05, 2009, 05:21:27 AM

Quote from: warning on February 05, 2009, 03:29:44 AM

You still have to deal with the worst video game music ever, though.

You know the good (or sad thing) about Blue Dragon is I really don't remember any songs from the game except for the boss battle music which was horrible.  Usually I get songs stuck in my head easily but not for BD.
Oscuros
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2009, 09:48:52 PM »

I'd like to pipe in about a few games that were already mentioned here earlier in the thread.

I recently finished Too Human. This was in my opinion one of the most fun action games that I've played in a long time.  The controls were very intuitive using the right stick to attack instead of a button worked very well. My only real complaints about the game are that occasionally the camera wants to focus on what it views as the biggest threat and not what you want to be fighting at the time. I also found that the character classes weren't significantly different from each other.

Enchanted Arms. I haven't finished this one yet. The battle system is fantastic with a puzzle element that works really well. You really need to consider who uses what attacks, when, and from what position. Pretty refreshing break from many rpgs smack each other until someone falls down combat. The main issue I've found was that the tutorial is terribly annoying. One of the characters is particularly obnoxious.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Makoto dies in at the end of the turorial and I haven't seen him since.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2009, 11:10:20 PM »

Well I just finished Infinite Undiscovery (except the Seraphic Gate bonus dungeon which I started on)

I would have to say this RPG is very underrated.

I agree the Enchanted Arms is too, I loved that game

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2009, 12:53:32 AM »

Cool thread. I picked up Rockstar Table Tennis and Viking today.

My pick would be Dark Sector. It's $10 now, and even with all the repetitiveness I think it was a great popcorn type game.
marcusjm

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2009, 01:49:17 AM »

How about Kane & Lynch? The Gamespot user isn't that bad, I thought
it would be much worse due to all bad reviews.

XFire tag - dreamsurfer
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2009, 02:02:01 AM »

played some of it for the pc with the controller and it feels kind of spotty.  aiming and squad control shows a few flaws compared to similar games.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2009, 11:56:47 AM »

Quote from: Oscuros on February 05, 2009, 09:48:52 PM

I'd like to pipe in about a few games that were already mentioned here earlier in the thread.

'bout damn time you quit lurking and actually registered ya big doofus.

*waves at Osc*

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2009, 12:44:05 AM »

I'm only a little ways into it, but I'm really enjoying Naruto: Rise of a Ninja. I haven't seen that discussed much on the forums, but it's worth a play.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2009, 06:34:28 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on February 07, 2009, 12:44:05 AM

I'm only a little ways into it, but I'm really enjoying Naruto: Rise of a Ninja. I haven't seen that discussed much on the forums, but it's worth a play.

Oh man that's a great game.  And I've never seen a Naruto show and could care less about it.  It's just a fun, gorgeous game.

I want to get the sequel when it drops in price.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2009, 02:34:39 PM »

Quote from: warning on February 07, 2009, 06:34:28 AM

Oh man that's a great game.  And I've never seen a Naruto show and could care less about it.  It's just a fun, gorgeous game.

+1

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2009, 07:31:03 PM »

Quote from: warning on February 07, 2009, 06:34:28 AM

i won a copy of Naruto from MS about a year ago and really expected it to be a lousy game.  i was really surprised, however, at just how much fun it turned out to be and how great the graphics look.  it wasn't a game i really had a lot of interest in playing before receiving it for free, so i was quickly drawn away by the next big release, but it is fun enough that i really should get back to it sometime.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2009, 10:42:46 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer
The Outfit
Can be had for under $10.  Relic's one and only consloe game that I am aware of.  Think of it as Company of Heroes the console version.  It is not an RTS. But you do command your troops and build vehicles to take over points on a map in a simlar way.  It also has a fun split screen co-op mode.

I just grabbed this for $5.48 (about $8.50 shipped) from Half.com

I've really picked up some great "frugal gaming" values from reading this thread.

Rockstar Table Tennis $11 shipped

Stuntman Ignition: $9.50 shipped

The Godfather $10 shipped (got this one before reading this thread)

The Outfit: $8.50 shipped

4 great games for under $40.  thumbsup

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2009, 01:13:02 AM »

One of my favorites that didn't get a whole lotta love was Battlestations: Midway.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel.
marcusjm

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2009, 01:54:25 AM »

Me too. The addition of infantry looks really promising.

I understand the main drawback was a lack of good skirmish maps? Maybe they have fixed this so
the game gets more longveity.

I love these type of games otherwise and these guys have been producing consistent quality ever since
Imperium Galactica (which could be made for consoles as well btw).

XFire tag - dreamsurfer
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2009, 02:37:02 AM »

Quote from: marcusjm on February 08, 2009, 01:54:25 AM

Me too. The addition of infantry looks really promising.

I understand the main drawback was a lack of good skirmish maps? Maybe they have fixed this so
the game gets more longveity.

I love these type of games otherwise and these guys have been producing consistent quality ever since
Imperium Galactica (which could be made for consoles as well btw).

A skirmish against the AI would have made this game, that and the ability to co-op against AI players.  That would have really given the game legs.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: