http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 10:08:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Islan on XBLA - Anyone got it?  (Read 465 times)
marcusjm
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2009, 11:36:01 AM »

My main worry is this. I already finished all them, would it really be challenging a second time?

I wish they had created some new twists.

Dedicated Gamer - XBL Profile DreamsurferSWE
XFire tag - dreamsurfer
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 11:39:34 AM »

Yes.

I played them all "back in the day" and am happily replaying this now. Been long enough I don't remember all of the gory details and I've always had a soft spot for Monkey Island, great stuff.

For 'new twists' there's always the new episodic stuff Tell Tale is doing.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
marcusjm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 11:42:02 AM »

Is this extra material for XBLA?

Dedicated Gamer - XBL Profile DreamsurferSWE
XFire tag - dreamsurfer
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 11:55:53 AM »

Monkeyfinger is referring to the episodic games "Tales of Monkey Island" that Telltale just started putting out.  Secret of Monkey Island SE only has updated graphics, music, and voiceover, no new content.  Which I'm glad for, personally, since I don't think you should mess with a classic.  It's an adventure game.  Like a good book, you replay it for the experience, not for the challenge.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 11:59:28 AM »

i loved it,but i didn't play it on PC first time round..i think the game could still be challenging for you if you went after the achievements

marooned everyone...get both endings
Record Keeper-collect all 9 notes and bottles scattered around Monkey Island
Human Cannonball-finish the game in record time(3 hrs)-easy really,my second run i looked up a speed run and did it in 1hr 45 minutes,my first run was over 6hrs,LOL
Determined-play the game without getting a hint(you press and Hold the X button for hints)

there are a few more not story related

also,incase you are wondering what the new version plays like,you could always download the trial game,press back button if you want those PC graphics

800 points is a lot better than 1200 points that i was expecting it to be

the new stuff Tell tale is doing is the Tales of Monkey Island which is part 6 of the series,this one on XBLA  is part one(which i am sure you knew already)...its only available for Wii and PC right now,i am hoping that they release it on XBLA,but not until they have released parts 2,3, and 4(5 hasn't been made by anyone yet)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 04:14:20 PM »

my only complaint is that the huge size of the download gives you hope you'll get a decent amount of game in the trial, but it barely gets started before you hit the nag screen.  it's more for those familiar with the game to see how the conversion turned out, not so great for those new to the game.  you have basically three conversations and see 2 areas.  i think it was under 10 minutes, and that's listening to the voices rather than skipping through. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: