http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 02:05:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MoH: Pacifice Assault - directors editioni  (Read 1231 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2004, 02:26:51 PM »

Just watched the trailer for this and I couldn't help but think - I don't want this!  I don't want to hear about how it really was.  I want to play a game.  I want to believe that a solider can get shot 50 times - drink a canteen and be fine.  What next, real recovery time in the hospital?

Don't get me wrong, I think knowing the history is important and good but I think trying to put the history into a video game is a terrible idea.  I don't want to get attached to these computer AI characters who I know are going to die.  

Maybe it is just me but I don't think "realism" and FPS go well together.  The very basic premis of a FPS seems so unrealistic that I don't see how or why developers even try to put any realism in it.  

I can only think they wanted to add all this stuff to convince some people to buy this game rather than Half-Life 2.

jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 04:09:31 PM »

I like the idea of having all of the extra historical information and footage.  Plus I can't complain when a developer takes the time to put some extra features into a game, even if it costs a bit extra.

And it's not like you HAVE to buy the Directors Cut.  You can always just get the regular game so that you don't have to worry about hearing what really happened to the soldiers in real life.

I enjoyed the interviews with the soldiers from Band of Brothers and it looks like they have some interviews with soldiers from the Pacific Theatre.  I'm definately interested in watching those.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 05:15:22 PM »

Don't forget that you also get the super secret special extra weapon with the director's edition and you also get the game on DVD, which is worth the extra $10 in itself.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 06:00:28 PM »

What are the changes to the actual game in the Directors Cut that Farley is talking about?

I enjoyed the multiplayer demo in concept but found the lag made it almost unplayable.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 07:56:25 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
Just watched the trailer for this and I couldn't help but think - I don't want this!  I don't want to hear about how it really was.  I want to play a game.  I want to believe that a solider can get shot 50 times - drink a canteen and be fine.  What next, real recovery time in the hospital?

I think its great that you don't want this. That means you're different from me, and that makes the world go round smile.

However, I may be detecting a hint of "why aren't all FPS games the way I like them?" To which I reply, that's because we're all different.

Someone may not like playing a cop, so therefore won't like SWAT 4.  Someone may not like an FPS where you have to hit "W,W,W,W" to get regen healing so therefore won't like UT2K4.

In closing, it's great that you don't like these features. Even better is the fact that games without these features already exist. However, please accept the fact that I (and other gamers) may like these features and thus would like to play a game with them enabled.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 10:54:19 PM »

Quote from: "raydude"
Someone may not like an FPS where you have to hit "W,W,W,W" to get regen healing so therefore won't like UT2K4.

I believe that particular combo is for Speed..unless you set W to go backwards and S to go forward Tongue

How does this work again?
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 02:05:35 AM »

Quote from: "raydude"

However, I may be detecting a hint of "why aren't all FPS games the way I like them?" To which I reply, that's because we're all different.

Someone may not like playing a cop, so therefore won't like SWAT 4.  Someone may not like an FPS where you have to hit "W,W,W,W" to get regen healing so therefore won't like UT2K4.

In closing, it's great that you don't like these features. Even better is the fact that games without these features already exist. However, please accept the fact that I (and other gamers) may like these features and thus would like to play a game with them enabled.

Of course I accept hte fac that you and others may love the game .... no matter how misguided you may be... smile

No seriously what I meant more was....I guess I don't want realism in my FPS.  Lets be honest war sucks, killing isn't fun, and getting shot is pretty crappy so more realism in my video games isn't what I want.  Not that other can't

Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 07:20:55 AM »

I don't know about you, but i am pretty tired of ww2 based fpsers. Now game companies are doing the same thing with Vietnam! Bah, make some fun futuristic games or something!

oh and "the musket period" (ie any time in which muskets saw common use) is the most boring period of time ever so please don't mention that Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: