http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 08:53:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 Impressions [And official GT Review]  (Read 80304 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: January 26, 2010, 01:24:28 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on January 26, 2010, 10:51:06 AM

The new care package glitch needs to be fixed ASAP, lol.

There's a new one!?
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: January 26, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on January 26, 2010, 01:24:28 PM

Quote from: KePoW on January 26, 2010, 10:51:06 AM

The new care package glitch needs to be fixed ASAP, lol.

There's a new one!?

Ya, not the speed glitch nor the old infinite package glitch.

This is a new infinite Care Package and Emergency Airdrop glitch.... and it's much worse because it's super easy to do.  (compared to the old infinite glitch which required like 5 different obscure steps and a dropped weapon on the ground)  This one takes like half a second to do and doesn't require anything special other than a scalable obstacle, which are everywhere in any map.

It's gonna be widespread in the next couple days, similar to the javelin glitch.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:57:18 PM by KePoW » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: January 26, 2010, 02:22:50 PM »

in house beta testing for QA is seemingly a thing of the past.  there was a time when people got paid to break things so others wouldn't have to deal with them.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: January 26, 2010, 02:30:59 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 26, 2010, 02:22:50 PM

in house beta testing for QA is seemingly a thing of the past.  there was a time when people got paid to break things so others wouldn't have to deal with them.

Some of us still get paid to break things.  biggrin

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: January 26, 2010, 02:32:24 PM »

I didn't see the new glitch at all last night in about three hours of playing.

What's the new one entail? Unlimited care package, but instead of having to do the heavy button sequence you just need a scalable object?

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: January 26, 2010, 08:44:50 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on January 26, 2010, 02:32:24 PM

What's the new one entail? Unlimited care package, but instead of having to do the heavy button sequence you just need a scalable object?

Yeah, all you do is have the care package/emergency airdrop grenade in your hand, then scale any object (where you get the prompt icon).  Then in the middle of the scaling animation, all you do is press right on the d-pad twice.  (timing is a little tricky, but once you get it down it literally takes half a second to do each time)

And voila, infinite usuable airdrops.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: January 26, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on January 26, 2010, 08:44:50 PM

Yeah, all you do is have the care package/emergency airdrop grenade in your hand, then scale any object (where you get the prompt icon).  Then in the middle of the scaling animation, all you do is press right on the d-pad twice.  (timing is a little tricky, but once you get it down it literally takes half a second to do each time)

So has IW had an official position on all of these BS glitches that made it into the game?
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: January 26, 2010, 09:26:01 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on January 26, 2010, 09:18:00 PM

So has IW had an official position on all of these BS glitches that made it into the game?

Not sure, but they definitely need to fix this one.  It's as bad and as easy to do as the javelin glitch.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: January 26, 2010, 10:23:58 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on January 26, 2010, 09:26:01 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on January 26, 2010, 09:18:00 PM

Not sure, but they definitely need to fix this one.  It's as bad and as easy to do as the javelin glitch.

Maybe I'll delay my return until it's fixed. slywink
Arch_d
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: January 26, 2010, 10:39:37 PM »

Quote from: Mikagami on January 23, 2010, 09:54:12 AM

Quote from: Nonnahob on January 21, 2010, 05:53:18 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 21, 2010, 05:47:51 PM

I don't want to hear about it until you've been spawned under a Harrier on Wasteland 4 times in a row and don't have CB or stingers available because you're not high enough level.

Speaking of, I think Mikagami took pictures last night... but we ended up beating this other team 7500 - 2200 on TDM. They got spawn trapped in the helicopter area when Mik got his first AC-130. After that, a couple other folks got harriers and then we got another AC-130 and I don't think they left that spawn for the last 4 or so minutes of the game. It had to have been epic level frustration.

The fact that you can get so totally and hopelessly trapped there really sucks... but damn were we going nuts when we did it to them. I think it was Mik and RTuck that both went like 26 - 2... Calvin was 10 - 4 and I went 9 - 1. It was insane.

iPhone camera ain't too great.

Quote from: Harkonis on January 21, 2010, 05:58:10 PM

I had a match yesterday on wasteland with the same type of results, I went 29-1 (Mikagami was on the other team slywink )

Man.. my team BLEW...
Your team at least had two others under you that knew what the hell they were doing.

In Ego's and my own defense, I know I finished like 2-1-3 that game... The idiots on our team were taking all the kills and we literally could find no one to kill...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:41:41 PM by Arch_d » Logged

XboxLive - ArchDan37
God only knows when your word isn't pure
And the blood on your hands isn't yours
I won't believe any word that you tell
And I won't drink the blood if it spills
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: January 27, 2010, 01:28:52 AM »

Quote from: Arch_d on January 26, 2010, 10:39:37 PM

In Ego's and my own defense, I know I finished like 2-1-3 that game... The idiots on our team were taking all the kills and we literally could find no one to kill...

I always start off 1 and 4, we just don't usually win in under 5 minutes.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: January 28, 2010, 11:56:42 AM »

Calvin, M4cker, Hadron and I fell victim to the new care package glitch last night in Rundown. finger
Harrier
Harrier
Chopper
Chopper
Harrier
AC130

not fun at all - but we still pulled off the win in the end. Plus I just camped the Cantina's rafters for payback - 10 kills.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: January 28, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »

I was planning on resuming play last night, but decided to wait for the patch that fixes this latest glitch...as I'll be rusty anyway and don't need to walk into any unfair matches.

That said, the Bad Company 2 demo just hit, so who knows when (if!) I'll be back slywink.

Roman, how often would you say you're seeing it? Is it periodic like the old javelin glitch or is it everywhere like dual shotties?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: January 28, 2010, 02:03:59 PM »

I don't think I've seen it at all playing the last 3 days. Not positive, but I can't say that I've seen any extended periods of time where I was getting bombarded by killstreak rewards.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: January 28, 2010, 02:59:18 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 28, 2010, 02:03:59 PM

I don't think I've seen it at all playing the last 3 days. Not positive, but I can't say that I've seen any extended periods of time where I was getting bombarded by killstreak rewards.

It won't necessarily be things like airstrikes, AC130s, chopper gunners, etc all the time.  If you notice a bunch of UAVs and counter-UAVs, then that's it as well.

From my experiences I would guess maybe 20-25% of the games have some form of it going on.  Another thing that affects the perception is that sometimes a player won't get their first care package till late in the match, so they don't have time to do it more than a couple times.  Whereas other matches, they get fortunate and get one in the first minute.  So it's hard to say.  With the javelin it's a lot more obvious cause anyone can do it right from the beginning of a match, and the result of it is much more visibly obvious too.
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: January 28, 2010, 03:01:04 PM »

[quote/]
Roman, how often would you say you're seeing it? Is it periodic like the old javelin glitch or is it everywhere like dual shotties?
[/quote]

That was my first and only time I have seen it. But I have not played since Sunday.

EDIT - I will say however that the matchmaking and lobby was horrible. Hung lobbies were the flavour of the night. Closed lobbies ... etc etc.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:26:50 PM by Roman » Logged

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: January 28, 2010, 03:50:39 PM »

The honeymoon is over. I haven't played this in a couple of weeks but a buddy logged on last night and wanted me to join him. I was rusty and had no fun at all. I just kept thinking how I wanted to play Assassin's Creed 2 instead. I think I'm going to take an extended break from MW2 multiplayer and wait until I get the bug to play again. It's not the type of game I can enjoy in one hour bursts every two weeks.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: January 28, 2010, 04:54:42 PM »

I'm officially done with this game for a while (2-3 months) 

IMHO there is no reason to play this game until they iron out all the issues/glitches. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2098 on: January 29, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on January 28, 2010, 04:54:42 PM

I'm officially done with this game for a while (2-3 months) 

IMHO there is no reason to play this game until they iron out all the issues/glitches. 

Sadly, I am starting to think IW will never be able to get the game "glitch free". They did such a piss poor job of testing that the sheer amount of problems might be insurmountable. I've lost a lot of faith in their abilities due to their laziness.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: January 29, 2010, 02:08:45 PM »

What they should really do next go-round is:

-allow XP in private matches, but have ranked and unranked leaderboards. People are going to XP boost regardless (they do it now), and a lot of people don't care about their overall ranking but want to have clean games while having access to all weapons and the fun of levelling up.
-implement trueskill
-have a public beta

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #2100 on: January 29, 2010, 02:17:35 PM »

Calvin and I encountered more unlimited care package glitching last night again. And broken lobbies. Sigh.

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: January 29, 2010, 02:26:16 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 29, 2010, 02:08:45 PM

What they should really do next go-round is:
-allow XP in private matches, but have ranked and unranked leaderboards. People are going to XP boost regardless (they do it now), and a lot of people don't care about their overall ranking but want to have clean games while having access to all weapons and the fun of levelling up.

This is about the only thing that would bring me back to the game.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Arch_d
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: January 29, 2010, 05:45:44 PM »

After speaking with Nonnahob, I am pretty sure I am selling my copy of the game, and waiting for Bad Company 2 to come out. I can make due with NCAA 2010 for the time being.  crybaby

XboxLive - ArchDan37
God only knows when your word isn't pure
And the blood on your hands isn't yours
I won't believe any word that you tell
And I won't drink the blood if it spills
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: January 29, 2010, 05:54:16 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on January 28, 2010, 03:50:39 PM

The honeymoon is over. I haven't played this in a couple of weeks but a buddy logged on last night and wanted me to join him. I was rusty and had no fun at all. I just kept thinking how I wanted to play Assassin's Creed 2 instead. I think I'm going to take an extended break from MW2 multiplayer and wait until I get the bug to play again. It's not the type of game I can enjoy in one hour bursts every two weeks.

Precisely how I feel.  I can only play once or twice a week, and everytime I do.. I spend the whole time wanting to throw my controller at the TV.  I'm not gonna sell it, but it's going on the shelf for a while.  I guess I'm getting old, but I need a game that lets me camp, and creep around.  My run and gun days are over.

I'm almost considering picking up ArmA2 slywink

"Goonies never say die"
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: January 30, 2010, 12:42:20 AM »

The care package glitch is ruining the game.  It is in over 75% of the games I play...

Why the hell haven't they fixed it yet? 

Apparently it has already been patched for the ps3.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2105 on: January 30, 2010, 01:39:28 AM »

So now we're 2 patches behind the PS3 owners? God dammit, what the fuck is the hold up on getting these patches out for us?

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: January 30, 2010, 03:47:31 AM »

I've yet to see the care package glitch, actually.

And remember, it takes a week at least for MS to complete the certification process for any patch.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: January 30, 2010, 04:48:50 AM »

So lame. They haven't even fixed the first care package glitch...

fourzerotwo

http://bit.ly/4EQ3rI - #MW2 Update. Fix for care package sprint, sentry guns, Model 1887 tweak & more. Out on PC now, console patch in test. 2:05 PM Jan 19th from CoTweet

Jan 19th that was posted.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: January 30, 2010, 07:59:17 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on January 30, 2010, 04:48:50 AM

fourzerotwo

http://bit.ly/4EQ3rI - #MW2 Update. Fix for care package sprint, sentry guns, Model 1887 tweak & more. Out on PC now, console patch in test. 2:05 PM Jan 19th from CoTweet

I think they did fix the sprint glitch, I haven't seen it and I was lightweight on scrapyard the other day and tried it and it didn't appear to work (may be wrong though).

The new care package glitch is so easy, it is no surprise it is so widespread. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUYekz71MqQ

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: January 30, 2010, 08:29:29 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on January 30, 2010, 04:48:50 AM

fourzerotwo

they did fix the first care package glitch, that was the one where you had to pick up a weapon while using the care package for unlimited drops.  the run like a madman with a care grenade glitch is awaiting the forever long approval process of microsoft.

sadly that means another half month to a month before this 3rd care package glitch is fixed.  so lame.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: January 30, 2010, 09:20:56 PM »

Hard to believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm done with MW2. Barring a fairly massive reduction of the number of ridiculous/insane things in multiplayer (Dual weilding, nukes, etc) and either a fix to the netcode or complete removal of the killcam, I think I'm actually out for the series on the whole.

I find I have no interest in firing MW2 back up at all now. It's a shame, because the mechanics are utter perfection. They've just loaded it down with a bunch of ancillary junk that I think detracts pretty heavily from the experience. The more I played the more I realized I much preferred the relative simplicity of CoD4.

I think I'll be playing Bad Company 2 on the PC instead for the foreseeable future.

My first smooth playable game in the beta I was picking off one enemy after another with the sniper rifle as they tried to plant explosives on the objective. When one guy got around behind me and charged me I just backpedaled and shot him the face with the pistol while he waved his knife helplessly at the air. It was beautiful, and a stark contrast to pretty much everything about MW2.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 09:26:27 PM by Thin_J » Logged

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: January 30, 2010, 10:58:14 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on January 30, 2010, 09:20:56 PM

Hard to believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm done with MW2. Barring a fairly massive reduction of the number of ridiculous/insane things in multiplayer (Dual weilding, nukes, etc) and either a fix to the netcode or complete removal of the killcam, I think I'm actually out for the series on the whole.

I find I have no interest in firing MW2 back up at all now. It's a shame, because the mechanics are utter perfection. They've just loaded it down with a bunch of ancillary junk that I think detracts pretty heavily from the experience. The more I played the more I realized I much preferred the relative simplicity of CoD4.

I think I'll be playing Bad Company 2 on the PC instead for the foreseeable future.

My first smooth playable game in the beta I was picking off one enemy after another with the sniper rifle as they tried to plant explosives on the objective. When one guy got around behind me and charged me I just backpedaled and shot him the face with the pistol while he waved his knife helplessly at the air. It was beautiful, and a stark contrast to pretty much everything about MW2.

The beta doesn't look like ass does it?

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: January 31, 2010, 04:09:02 AM »

Played for the first time in almost a month.  Started out really well, but tapered off.

Saw the care package superspeed glitch twice and the unlimited once. I'd say I played 10 matches...maybe a little less.  Was fun, but yeah....I dunno.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: January 31, 2010, 07:08:28 PM »

This is getting comical.

There is now *another* unlimited care package glitch... so even after this current 3rd one gets patched, you can still do it with a new method.  Which really isn't all that much harder to do.  Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5alZakGTC4
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 07:12:16 PM by KePoW » Logged
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: January 31, 2010, 07:12:08 PM »

Oh and I know you guys are totally gonna get on IW's case and criticize them for not knowing about all these glitches.

But be honest, with all these weird random methods of glitches so far, do you really think it's reasonable for testers to find all this stuff?  I mean personally, I would have never thought to try random stuff like this.  A dev could have like a 500 person internal testing team and I still don't think you can expect to find everything like this.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: January 31, 2010, 07:18:58 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on January 31, 2010, 07:12:08 PM

Oh and I know you guys are totally gonna get on IW's case and criticize them for not knowing about all these glitches.

But be honest, with all these weird random methods of glitches so far, do you really think it's reasonable for testers to find all this stuff?  I mean personally, I would have never thought to try random stuff like this.  A dev could have like a 500 person internal testing team and I still don't think you can expect to find everything like this.
I do think they should be able to find most of them.  Internal Testers don't just play the game, they try to break the game again and again and that's all they do.  In addition, there shouldn't be this many ways to trick the game into thinking you still have a care package available.  Shouldn't be too hard to program in a way to remove the care package from your inventory when you use one.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: January 31, 2010, 08:27:29 PM »

Not to mention how many of these glitches would have been found and fixed before launch if they had done a beta?

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: January 31, 2010, 08:42:12 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 30, 2010, 10:58:14 PM

The visuals are fine. The frostbite engine seems to work just fine on the PC and there's a couple of simple tweaks that don't seem to hurt visual quality much at all but almost double framerates.

I'm glad they're doing the beta period for preorders though. As close to release as they are the game still has some fairly major usability issues to take care of.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: February 01, 2010, 05:33:37 AM »

Quote from: Thin_J on January 31, 2010, 08:42:12 PM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 30, 2010, 10:58:14 PM

The visuals are fine. The frostbite engine seems to work just fine on the PC and there's a couple of simple tweaks that don't seem to hurt visual quality much at all but almost double framerates.

I'm glad they're doing the beta period for preorders though. As close to release as they are the game still has some fairly major usability issues to take care of.

This is not the thread you'r looking for... ,-)

A new one
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: February 01, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »

Aside from the occasional lobby with exploiters, I'm actually still having a riot with this game. Closing in on three days played. icon_eek I've easily played this more than any shooter since the good old days of Goldeneye and PD on the N64 in college.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: