http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 01:04:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 Impressions [And official GT Review]  (Read 78241 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: January 14, 2010, 05:57:19 PM »

Apparently the MP40 was overpowered in W@W? I hadn't heard that before.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: January 14, 2010, 07:18:40 PM »

Quote from: Roman on January 14, 2010, 04:30:30 PM

Not sure if this is new at all - but I came across the following video on a 'one man army' glitch/hack/cheat via Blue's.

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/11848/Modern_Warfare_2_God_Mode_Video.html

I hope to god that I never encounter this. I am not normally a complainer (probably because I am not good enough) but I will most definitely rage quit should the happen to me on any given map.

Thoughts?

Yeah...my thoughts are how in the world are you guys calling this a "glitch/hack/cheat"?  I thought this was going to be some new exploit before clicking the link, based on how you described it.

Gonna make this very simple and clear... what you see in that article and video is *exactly how One Man Army, Danger Close, and Danger Close Pro are supposed to work*.  Have you guys ever bothered to read their descriptions?  This isn't some exploit, that's exactly what those perks are supposed to do.

So what in the world are you talking about?
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: January 14, 2010, 07:19:58 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on January 14, 2010, 05:45:13 PM

Last night there was a huge influx of people using the noob tube. I recall at least one guy who was one-man army'ing it, but I don't know if he had the rest of his kit set up this way.

I'll give it a go on a match tonight just to see if this is affecting the 360 version as well. I wasn't aware that danger close affected your harrier and chopper gunner BULLETS as well.

Danger Close *PRO* does... read its in-game description, this is not something new.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: January 14, 2010, 07:25:14 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on January 14, 2010, 07:18:40 PM

Not sure if this is new at all - but I came across the following video on a 'one man army' glitch/hack/cheat via Blue's.

I hope to god that I never encounter this. I am not normally a complainer (probably because I am not good enough) but I will most definitely rage quit should the happen to me on any given map.

Thoughts?

Yeah...my thoughts are how in the world are you guys calling this a "glitch/hack/cheat"?  I thought this was going to be some new exploit before clicking the link, based on how you described it.

Gonna make this very simple and clear... what you see in that article and video is *exactly how One Man Army, Danger Close, and Danger Close Pro are supposed to work*.  Have you guys ever bothered to read their descriptions?  This isn't some exploit, that's exactly what those perks are supposed to do.

It's an exploit of a capability that's built into the game.  Just like dual wielding 1887s was.  And it's broken. Just like dual wielding 1887s was.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 14, 2010, 07:27:19 PM »

K, it's not a glitch.

It's a horribly imbalanced intentionally programmed piece of the game. I don't see how that makes it any better, but at least it's an accurate description.

I guess what really bugs me is not even blast shield will protect you as it only deflects some of the damage, not the AOE.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: January 14, 2010, 07:29:04 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on January 14, 2010, 07:18:40 PM

Thoughts?

Agreed, with everything you said.  It's not a glitch/hack/cheat, at all.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: January 14, 2010, 08:00:09 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on January 14, 2010, 07:25:14 PM

It's an exploit of a capability that's built into the game.  Just like dual wielding 1887s was.  And it's broken. Just like dual wielding 1887s was.

Then you have some weird definition of the word 'exploit'.  The Javelin glitch was a clear exploit, cause that was totally being used in an unforeseen random way.  The 1887s, I wouldn't even call that an exploit cause that was just a balance issue of damage and range...no one knew for sure what kind of damage IW wanted for that gun.  In the end they patched the range as we all know.

Now let's break down this current issue:

*One Man Army - allows you to swap classes at any time and refill your ammo

*Danger Close - increases explosive damage

*Danger Close Pro - increases damage of killstreak airstrikes

These are all very specifically stated in game...what exactly is not working right?  How else can any of these three be interpreted?  Seems completely simple and clear to me what they should all do?
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: January 14, 2010, 08:10:14 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on January 14, 2010, 07:27:19 PM

K, it's not a glitch.

It's a horribly imbalanced intentionally programmed piece of the game. I don't see how that makes it any better, but at least it's an accurate description.

I guess what really bugs me is not even blast shield will protect you as it only deflects some of the damage, not the AOE.

I define an exploit or glitch as someone abusing an unforeseen *bug* in the game.  Obviously like the Javelin glitch.

Damage numbers is not an exploit, that's just a balance issue and is totally subjective.  Honestly before you saw the article/video, have you ever complained about this?

As for blast shield, I'm not sure what you mean.  When I'm running my noob tube build, people with blast shield active definitely take more damage to kill (usually 2 hits instead of 1).  Seems like it's working fine to me...are you implying they should be immune or something?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: January 14, 2010, 08:12:47 PM »

I think people are arguing over semantics. If you thought that the 1887s were not balanced on initial release, you should probably think that this kit is not balanced as well. Regardless of whether it was intentional, it just makes for an unfun game, like the 1887s did.

If you thought 1887s were fun, well you know what Penny Arcade said.

Regarding blast shield, I think what the guy in the video was saying was that danger close completely counteracts the blast shield, and it would be better balanced if it just extended the blast radius, rather than increased the power of the blast.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:15:06 PM by Teggy » Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: January 14, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »

Agreed with Nonnahob and Teggy...oh and me previously.

It's not a 'glitch' but it's broken.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: January 14, 2010, 08:31:24 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 14, 2010, 08:12:47 PM

Regarding blast shield, I think what the guy in the video was saying was that danger close completely counteracts the blast shield, and it would be better balanced if it just extended the blast radius, rather than increased the power of the blast.

Ok so basically some guy just wants to completely change how a perk works.  That's a totally subjective opinion, and has nothing to do with a glitch lol.

You guys realize that Danger Close is the same exact perk as Sonic Boom in MW1?  Did all of you complain about that and call it an exploit?  I honestly don't remember much whining about Sonic Boom back then.  So what's the big deal now?

I thought all of you love Cold-Blooded, so I'd say part of the balance with Danger Close is that you can't take Cold-Blooded.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: January 14, 2010, 08:38:47 PM »

I changed my obvious ignorant use of the term 'glitch/cheat/hack' to imbalance. Apologies for the ruffled feathers.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: January 14, 2010, 08:45:44 PM »

I just realized why I initially posted this thread - I did not have an issue with the danger close perk. Heck  - anyone who every plays with me knows that I love me some dangerclose with my Javelin....... ninja

What I wanted to stress was that the One Man Army perk allowed the refill of ammo. I thought it was only to allow you to switch loadouts during the game. BUT when you selected a previous loadout that was already devoid of ammo that it would remain there.

There I said it.

Thanks,
Roman

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: January 14, 2010, 08:49:38 PM »

The perk is called "One Man Army" for a reason.  What's the point of being a One Man Army if you can't refill your ammo every time you change classes?  Plus, it's not like the class change is instantaneous.

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: January 14, 2010, 08:51:19 PM »

Quote from: Roman on January 14, 2010, 08:45:44 PM

I just realized why I initially posted this thread - I did not have an issue with the danger close perk. Heck  - anyone who every plays with me knows that I love me some dangerclose with my Javelin....... ninja

What I wanted to stress was that the One Man Army perk allowed the refill of ammo. I thought it was only to allow you to switch loadouts during the game. BUT when you selected a previous loadout that was already devoid of ammo that it would remain there.

Fair enough, I can respect that.

Like you said, there's nothing wrong with Danger Close at all, because it's the same perk as in the previous game.

One Man Army is totally new, and it's kinda weird.  It does allow you to refill your ammo, and that's the way it was designed to work.  Is it balanced?  I don't really have a problem with it... when you take OMA, you completely lose the choice of having a secondary weapon (in case you did not know that).  Scavenger lets you have unlimited ammo too along with keeping your secondary weapon, but it's not quite as 'safe' because you have to go around picking up fallen backpacks.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: January 14, 2010, 08:54:08 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on January 14, 2010, 08:31:24 PM

I honestly don't remember much whining about Sonic Boom back then. 

You don't remember 3x frag and sonic boom getting any complaints?  Or n00b t00b with sonic boom getting any complaints? You must not have played the game much.

And now it's 2x n00b t00b (which has always had complaints by itself, but IW thought it woudl be great fun to make everyone mad by including a n00b t00b challenge) with sonic boom for infinity and not just two rounds.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: January 14, 2010, 08:56:18 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on January 14, 2010, 08:51:19 PM

Quote from: Roman on January 14, 2010, 08:45:44 PM

Fair enough, I can respect that.

Like you said, there's nothing wrong with Danger Close at all, because it's the same perk as in the previous game.

One Man Army is totally new, and it's kinda weird.  It does allow you to refill your ammo, and that's the way it was designed to work.  Is it balanced?  I don't really have a problem with it... when you take OMA, you completely lose the choice of having a secondary weapon (in case you did not know that).  Scavenger lets you have unlimited ammo too along with keeping your secondary weapon, but it's not quite as 'safe' because you have to go around picking up fallen backpacks.

That's my issue with OMA. With scavenger a guy using the noob tube can't stand 50 feet back and launch at you without ever moving from that location. With scavenger, he'd have to move in order to refill ammo. With OMA, he lays down prone in a safe spot, refills and repeats.

And yes, apologies for semantics. It's not a glitch / hack / whathaveyou. And before this video popped, it wasn't widespread. I'd be willing to throw down some money that it'll be rampant very soon now.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: January 14, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »

One Man Army does kind of defeat the purpose of scavanger.  When you think of it, it's actually better despite the delay.

With scavanger, if you fire off both grenade rounds, it doesn't pick up more rounds until you use: 1 bullet (and reload), or 1 special, or equipment (excluding Blast Shield).

I think they may have capped the number of claymores you can plant with scavanger/OMA as well.  I could have sworn I had maybe 3-4 claymores out at one time, but now when I place a 3rd, my 1st blows up (Granted, it could have been shot or otherwise triggered, but I don't believe it was).

Just a little hiccup.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: January 14, 2010, 09:05:11 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on January 14, 2010, 08:54:08 PM

Quote from: KePoW on January 14, 2010, 08:31:24 PM

I honestly don't remember much whining about Sonic Boom back then. 

You don't remember 3x frag and sonic boom getting any complaints?  Or n00b t00b with sonic boom getting any complaints? You must not have played the game much.

And now it's 2x n00b t00b (which has always had complaints by itself, but IW thought it woudl be great fun to make everyone mad by including a n00b t00b challenge) with sonic boom for infinity and not just two rounds.

My long-term memory is not the best, but I don't remember many people using Sonic Boom at all.  Because everyone took Juggernaut or Stopping Power instead, it's in the same tier.  So it can't have been that great if not many people used it.

Now yes, people certainly whine about noob tubes in general but not many people use it that much all the time.  So what does that tell you?  To me, that means that people don't think it's that great to use themselves, but it annoys them enough to try to get it nerfed when used against them.  In other words, purely selfish reasons.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: January 14, 2010, 09:10:01 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on January 14, 2010, 08:56:18 PM

That's my issue with OMA. With scavenger a guy using the noob tube can't stand 50 feet back and launch at you without ever moving from that location. With scavenger, he'd have to move in order to refill ammo. With OMA, he lays down prone in a safe spot, refills and repeats.

That's true, I can't argue with that.

The counter to that scenario is the OMAer should be pretty easy to kill, because he doesn't have Cold-Blooded and camps in one spot (to refill like you said).  So everyone should know exactly where he is, all you gotta do is noob tube him back or toss grenades at his spot.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: January 14, 2010, 09:12:35 PM »

Agreed, it isn't uncounterable. I wish they'd fix it because it isn't really FUN.

You're right that I could simply switch to the noob tube and fire back. How long until every game is noob tube wars? That's the part I think sucks. An unbalanced class wrecks what would otherwise be a more fun experience.

/end rant... and yes, its just a subjective rant.

X360 - Nonnahob

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: January 14, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »

Quote from: Hiccup on January 14, 2010, 09:01:09 PM

One Man Army does kind of defeat the purpose of scavanger.  When you think of it, it's actually better despite the delay.

With scavanger, if you fire off both grenade rounds, it doesn't pick up more rounds until you use: 1 bullet (and reload), or 1 special, or equipment (excluding Blast Shield).

I think they may have capped the number of claymores you can plant with scavanger/OMA as well.  I could have sworn I had maybe 3-4 claymores out at one time, but now when I place a 3rd, my 1st blows up (Granted, it could have been shot or otherwise triggered, but I don't believe it was).

Claymores and C4 have always been restricted to 2 at a time, in multiplayer.  Maybe you're thinking about SP?

As for scavenger, you can refill your noob tube grenades without firing bullets.  You just have to have your empty noob tube attachment active when you run over a pack, you can't be on regular gun mode.  I do agree it's weird they made Scavenger work that way, it should just refill all your different types of ammo no matter what you are holding active.
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: January 14, 2010, 09:15:04 PM »

Quote from: Hiccup on January 14, 2010, 09:01:09 PM

You can only have 2 claymores out at any given time.  I have been using OMA like this since the first time I had it and thought everyone else did as well.  I don't tend to use it for a noob tube build but I often put 2 claymores out and use it to refill my ammo, especially on LMG builds since with OMA and OMA pro it is faster to reload the RPD that way.  
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: January 14, 2010, 09:18:03 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on January 14, 2010, 09:12:35 PM

Agreed, it isn't uncounterable. I wish they'd fix it because it isn't really FUN.

You're right that I could simply switch to the noob tube and fire back. How long until every game is noob tube wars? That's the part I think sucks. An unbalanced class wrecks what would otherwise be a more fun experience.

/end rant... and yes, its just a subjective rant.

Just because it's not fun for you doesn't mean it should instantly be stripped down for everyone else.  I, personally, like having the ability to use OMA + Danger Close (Pro) when I feel the urge to change up my play style.

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: January 14, 2010, 09:18:49 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on January 14, 2010, 09:12:35 PM

You're right that I could simply switch to the noob tube and fire back. How long until every game is noob tube wars?

You do have a point there =P.  The counter kinda forces you to noob tube him back, haha.  Semtex and cooked frags should work well too though.

Noob tube wars don't bother me, cause I love the noob tube in general.  But yeah, I know not everyone does.

<edit>  And yeah, like Owain I have been using OMA and Danger Close ever since launch when I unlocked them the first time.  I had no idea this was a 'secret'.  Don't all of you try out every perk at least a few times?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:21:01 PM by KePoW » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: January 14, 2010, 09:30:25 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 14, 2010, 05:57:19 PM

Apparently the MP40 was overpowered in W@W? I hadn't heard that before.

we played hardcore is why you didn't know that.  In normal mode the MP40 was one of the only guns that could kill in a reasonable amount of time (and it killed far too fast compared to others).

Regarding danger close and danger close pro, there is nothing at all wrong or imbalanced with these two perks.  They have intentionally left most explosives at less than lethal damage at short distances to balance it.  You will notice that you get a lot more assists with the noob tube when not using danger close than before.  Blast shield applies a .45 modifier to all explosives, this includes the AoE from danger close pro, so I'm not sure what you were talking about there whoever mentioned it.  Blast shield works wonders and pretty much cancels out danger close.

One Man Army on the other hand is a bit over powered once you get the pro version.  It is pretty balanced at normal since 6 seconds of inactivity combined with the inability to cancel the switch to knife or defend yourself makes it hard to use to be a god.  Once you get pro though it's pretty amazing.  3 seconds to reload AND rearm an RPD instead of 9.5?  count me in!

I've gone over all the ways to abuse OMA pro in either this thread already or the one at Qt3 so I won't go over it point by point again, but it's definitely a bit much.  It's a lot harder to abuse than the jav, 1887's were though.  To really do wonders with it requires 5-6 custom slots dedicated to nothing but OMA.  However if you DO that, you could have a Tact Insert down, 2 claymores backed by C4 (which makes the explosion much bigger and omnidirectional) as well as be wearing Blast Shield.  You can also use Hardline to get your kill streaks, then Danger Close Pro to call them in, then switch to Stopping Power or Cold Blooded when done with your killstreaks.

I went 32-0 on Rust using OMA Pro and a noob tube once by getting up top and just going to town with danger close and blast shield.

You can easily counter noob tubers by putting Blast Shield on a kit.  You don't have to tube him back.  SMG kits work for mobile, LMG for static. 

If you get a whole team switching to Blast Shield you'll be amazed how quickly the other team gets pissed that their tubes aren't killing as quickly.  I've eaten 3 frags before with a BS.

Now I DO have a problem wtih Semtex being strictly better than frags though, but that's a whole different thing.  It goes off faster, can't be thrown back and does more damage.  WTF were they thinking?
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: January 14, 2010, 09:42:01 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 14, 2010, 09:30:25 PM

I've gone over all the ways to abuse OMA pro in either this thread already or the one at Qt3 so I won't go over it point by point again, but it's definitely a bit much.  It's a lot harder to abuse than the jav, 1887's were though.  To really do wonders with it requires 5-6 custom slots dedicated to nothing but OMA.  However if you DO that, you could have a Tact Insert down, 2 claymores backed by C4 (which makes the explosion much bigger and omnidirectional) as well as be wearing Blast Shield.  You can also use Hardline to get your kill streaks, then Danger Close Pro to call them in, then switch to Stopping Power or Cold Blooded when done with your killstreaks.

Whew that gave me a headache, LOL.  I'm way too lazy to do all that, I only have two OMA classes.

You're right about Semtex... there is no reason whatsoever to use frag grenades over them.  That's ok though, cause Semtex is so cool anyway.
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: January 14, 2010, 09:56:17 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on January 14, 2010, 09:42:01 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on January 14, 2010, 09:30:25 PM

Whew that gave me a headache, LOL.  I'm way too lazy to do all that, I only have two OMA classes.

You're right about Semtex... there is no reason whatsoever to use frag grenades over them.  That's ok though, cause Semtex is so cool anyway.

The only reason I use frags is to bank them around corners after cooking them for a little bit.  They are a bit more flexible that Semtex.

Just a little hiccup.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: January 14, 2010, 10:00:22 PM »

Also, the challenge to kill yourself and an enemy while cooking a frag was hilarious to get.  I'd pay money to have been able to see the killcam on that one. 

*sees dude camping a window, sneak up with ninja pro, pull out grenade and crouch behind him...wait...BOOM!*   icon_biggrin

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: January 14, 2010, 10:03:30 PM »

My simple solutions to the problems of the universe:
  • One Man Army - Move to Perk Slot 2, change swap time to 10 seconds, 6s for Pro
  • Knifing - Can't knife mid-sprint, nor for a short moment after sprinting
  • Amount of Noob Tube Use - Masterkey shotgun used to unlock noob tube, rather than the opposite
  • Bunny Hopping - Ridiculously horrible accuracy while airborne, moment of just plain horrible accuracy after landing
  • Kill Cam - Available only for first 20 levels (non-prestige), available only as deathstreak perk thereafter
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1950 on: January 14, 2010, 10:39:09 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on January 14, 2010, 10:03:30 PM

• One Man Army - Move to Perk Slot 2, change swap time to 10 seconds, 6s for Pro
  • Amount of Noob Tube Use - Masterkey shotgun used to unlock noob tube, rather than the opposite
  • Bunny Hopping - Ridiculously horrible accuracy while airborne, moment of just plain horrible accuracy after landing
  • Kill Cam - Available only for first 20 levels (non-prestige), available only as deathstreak perk thereafter

Give this man a job, IW. Especially regarding the kill cam.  But add in that for the kill cam deathstreak it only shows up on 60% of kills.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: January 14, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »

Quote from: Mikagami on January 14, 2010, 10:53:21 PM

Didn't know that danger close pro added predator radius and damage.
Also, does anybody know if the stopping power pro perk increase the damage launchers do to vehicles?

yes

and danger close pro SAYS it adds to killstreak damage slywink
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: January 15, 2010, 06:57:59 AM »

About the only difference I see in using OMA for grenade refills and someone getting killed every two shots is that you can get killstreaks.  And there are a ton of ways to keep the kill streaks under control.

I'm not a big fan of the noob tube, but there are a ton of ways to keep it from being more than just an irritation.

With the 1887's, if you were in the person's field of view, and range (which was ridiculous) you died.  With a grenade launcher, even with danger close, you have a good chance of at minimum taking them with you.

With OMA you are comepletely vunerable for 3 seconds, doesn't sound like a lot, but, is an eternity most of the time.  Also, OMA means the person doesn't have sleight of hand, which means that there is a nice window between grenade shots.  Use smoke grenades, much less likely to hit/kill if they can't see you.  Use sniper rifles/thermal scope, especially with smoke grenades.  Don't hit 'X' the instant you die, you might see where/what the person killing you is doing.

Edit: Forgot about the fact that with Danger Close you have no stopping power or cold blooded, which means if you have to use a gun you are easier to kill, and are comepletely vulnerable to kill streaks like predators, sentry guns, etc.

<shrug> This doesn't seem any more imbalanced or annoying than people continually using grenade launchers were already,  
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 07:02:09 AM by Jarrodhk » Logged

Pikachu, I Blame you!
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1953 on: January 15, 2010, 02:10:22 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on January 14, 2010, 10:03:30 PM

Sounds like you just turned this game into the greatest shooter ever.

+1 to all of that!  thumbsup

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: January 15, 2010, 05:25:02 PM »

Damn, reading through here reminds me of just how many perks I've either forgotten about or haven't even tried.  I get fixated on certain perks, such as Scavenger or Bling, working through various challenges, and completely forget about how many other options there are.  I've never even tried One Man Army.  Or Danger Close.  icon_redface

As Nannohob mentioned earlier, I also ran into a group that seemed to be noob-tubing the hell out of everything.  It was non-stop *thunk.....boom* over and over and over again.  While I understand it is a perfectly "legal" tactic, that doesn't make it any less irritating.  And while I can use perks to combat it, or try out new ones, then I have to give up things like Ninja Pro, Scavenger, or Cold Blooded Pro. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: January 15, 2010, 05:37:52 PM »

Noob tubing served me well on Estate last night, a the other team tried to keep the upper floor on lock down, keeping the bedroom door claymored and good overwatch on the approaches.  Noob tubing from the the walk from the boat house would normally get me a hit indicator on the first round and a kill on the second, sometimes multiples.

Ever since I have prestiged, I've been relying on it less (hold your applause), but it's still a valuable tool to have on the underside of my assault rifle.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: January 15, 2010, 05:53:54 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 15, 2010, 05:37:52 PM

Noob tubing served me well on Estate last night, a the other team tried to keep the upper floor on lock down, keeping the bedroom door claymored and good overwatch on the approaches.  Noob tubing from the the walk from the boat house would normally get me a hit indicator on the first round and a kill on the second, sometimes multiples.

Ever since I have prestiged, I've been relying on it less (hold your applause), but it's still a valuable tool to have on the underside of my assault rifle.

I think the difference is you were using the tube for a tactical purpose, and in the rounds I was playing the tube was so overused that I found myself thinking, "Dude, enough already."  And it takes a fair bit of repetition for me to finally want to say "enough".  When you hear almost no bullet fire and nothing but grenade launcher explosion after explosion, it just makes for a one-dimensional, frustrating game.  I'd compare it to the knifing ninjas, although in both cases I still manage a decent kill/death ratio, often finishing in the top of the match, but that doesn't make nonsense antics any less irritating.

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: January 15, 2010, 06:09:07 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on January 15, 2010, 05:53:54 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 15, 2010, 05:37:52 PM

I think the difference is you were using the tube for a tactical purpose, and in the rounds I was playing the tube was so overused that I found myself thinking, "Dude, enough already."  And it takes a fair bit of repetition for me to finally want to say "enough".  When you hear almost no bullet fire and nothing but grenade launcher explosion after explosion, it just makes for a one-dimensional, frustrating game.  I'd compare it to the knifing ninjas, although in both cases I still manage a decent kill/death ratio, often finishing in the top of the match, but that doesn't make nonsense antics any less irritating.

Kudos, you've captured exactly what my frustration is.  thumbsup I'm not against someone using the noob tube with the right situation... it's a legitimate weapon in the game after all.

The games that really suck are exactly what you describe, where all you hear is thump thump thump... and perhaps its the community of MW2 members that suck and not the games balance issues, since so many here find no fault with the noob tubes damage and AOE. Whatever the reason, those games really put a damper on the fun you normally have.

X360 - Nonnahob

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: January 15, 2010, 06:17:03 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on January 15, 2010, 06:09:07 PM

Kudos, you've captured exactly what my frustration is.  thumbsup I'm not against someone using the noob tube with the right situation... it's a legitimate weapon in the game after all.

The games that really suck are exactly what you describe, where all you hear is thump thump thump... and perhaps its the community of MW2 members that suck and not the games balance issues, since so many here find no fault with the noob tubes damage and AOE. Whatever the reason, those games really put a damper on the fun you normally have.

I've gotten much better at accepting defeat, and I've been nowhere near as vocal (or profane) about gripes I have with the game.  I just accept that in some rounds I'll struggle, especially when trying out a new weapon or working through various weapon or perk challenges, but then there will be rounds when I finish at the top of the group.  I've gotten better about dealing with adversity in the game, loving what the game does well, and simply trying to ignore shortcomings that are far from being game-breakers.  But it is still far more fun to play with friends as I don't use my mic when playing with strangers.  It's more or less like playing SP when I play MP by myself as there is rarely much teamwork, communication, or friendly chatter (outside of aspiring rappers and homophobic racists), so I've just been working through challenges, leveling up, and playing as if it is SP with various goals or milestones.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: January 15, 2010, 06:22:30 PM »

I don't play miked with randoms, but I leave people umuted about 50% of the time.  Gives me something to do between matches as I file complaints.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: