http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 08:40:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 Impressions [And official GT Review]  (Read 80967 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 18, 2009, 12:56:16 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 18, 2009, 12:41:04 AM

I just went 23-3 in Merc TDM with 2 killstreak Harriers and missed chopper gunner by 1 kill. I would much rather play with people I know, but I seem to be more successful when I don't.  icon_lol

Just last night I was calling out enemies on Rundown and Hark was getting pissed because I was talking over him.  icon_lol

pfft, I was upset that you wouldn't talk over me numbnuts.  I told you that when we're just talking about nothing important that you should butt in and say what you need to say since it had to do with the game.  why do you guys always assume I'm being an ass you fuckheads slywink
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 18, 2009, 12:51:57 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 18, 2009, 12:41:04 AM

Just last night I was calling out enemies on Rundown and Hark was getting pissed because I was talking over him.  icon_lol

That's cause he doesn't like you!!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 18, 2009, 12:55:47 PM »

Overall a very up and down night. I started out great consistently going 2-1 and then just sort of tapered off. At one point my K/D dropped again down to 1.54 and I called it a night. About 20 minutes later I got back on smile and started tearing things up again and managed to pull it back to 1.55.  I'm about 100 kills from 1.56 and who knows how many from 1.58- the highest point it has been.

I like Fuzz but I just could not handle his non-stop rants.  NON. STOP. and ended up muting him for most of the night.

Also, Tuck, who is not a member of this forum, can GO DIE!
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 18, 2009, 01:16:07 PM »

Hark actually gave me an extraordinarily good piece of advice the other day.  He told me that I work too hard to find someone to kill.  And he always invites me to play even though I am the worst.

Half day of work today!  I should be on this afternoon.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 18, 2009, 01:49:29 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 18, 2009, 12:55:47 PM

Overall a very up and down night. I started out great consistently going 2-1 and then just sort of tapered off. At one point my K/D dropped again down to 1.54 and I called it a night. About 20 minutes later I got back on smile and started tearing things up again and managed to pull it back to 1.55.  I'm about 100 kills from 1.56 and who knows how many from 1.58- the highest point it has been.

I like Fuzz but I just could not handle his non-stop rants.  NON. STOP. and ended up muting him for most of the night.

I'll pass the message on to Tuck for you. :-)

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: December 18, 2009, 02:10:40 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on December 18, 2009, 01:49:29 PM

I have one for him too but for me to give it to you here  would get me banned.   icon_biggrin

It wasn't like his k/d was better than anyone else in the game, it just seemed that every time I turned a corner he was there and was the first one I saw.  Often times he didn't get the kill but one of the other 42 guys hiding behind him would.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 18, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »

What about varying the amount of xp gained based on level?  Doesn't seem fair that a higher level or a prestige guy should get the same xp killing a level 1.

Something I noticed on PS3, hardly anyone uses a headset in merc tdm.  It's a lot more common on Live.  (I'm still waiting for a new xbox; RROD).  Load times seem slightly longer, no option to install completely on HDD.  The matchup screws up on PSN just as much Live so shaking and baking is not a Live only phenomena.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 18, 2009, 02:29:40 PM »

Quote from: Owain on December 18, 2009, 02:10:40 PM

I have one for him too but for me to give it to you here  would get me banned.   icon_biggrin

It wasn't like his k/d was better than anyone else in the game, it just seemed that every time I turned a corner he was there and was the first one I saw.  Often times he didn't get the kill but one of the other 42 guys hiding behind him would.

Does it have something to do with properly responding to a quoted message?   ninja
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 18, 2009, 03:04:13 PM »

Quote from: skystride on December 18, 2009, 02:25:34 PM

What about varying the amount of xp gained based on level?  Doesn't seem fair that a higher level or a prestige guy should get the same xp killing a level 1.

You get the same XP for killing, but your end of match bonus increases significantly as you level up.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: December 18, 2009, 03:08:21 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 18, 2009, 02:29:40 PM

Quote from: Owain on December 18, 2009, 02:10:40 PM

Does it have something to do with properly responding to a quoted message?   ninja

It may, although I'm not sure. Thanks for being my personal post moderator.  finger

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 18, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on December 17, 2009, 10:58:47 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 17, 2009, 08:52:25 PM

I dunno man. It's hard to concentrate on blowing some guy's head off when fools on my team are discussing the casserole they're making for supper. slywink

Haha, I gotta back you up on this one Lettuce.

I can tell Pete's a great guy and would totally be cool to hang out with in real life and have some beers.  But when I boot up a video game, I want to play and communicate about the game...not chat about life, lol.  (just using you as one example Pete)

Anyway, I'm on MW2 a lot but I'm only interested in playing Ground War.  If anyone ever wants to do that, I'm up for it anytime.  But I have no interest in any playlist other than Ground War (or Domination).  6 players per side is just way too few people.  I think most of yall play 6v6 TDM which is super boring to me.

Most of the time we talk game strategy, or at least call out enemies and work together to take them down, but once in a while a regular conversation breaks out, usually in the lobby or while the game is loading.  But once bullets start flying the casserole discussions typically taper off.  

I don't mind talking strategy, but when people are having a conversation about something other than Hark's prowess or who's glitching it's nice to sometimes not take the game so seriously.  Some nights have a more social feel, some nights are all about crushing enemies and their souls.  Depends on the group and the mood.  And sometimes people just need to lighten up.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:15:46 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 18, 2009, 04:23:27 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 18, 2009, 04:14:00 PM

Quote from: KePoW on December 17, 2009, 10:58:47 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 17, 2009, 08:52:25 PM

I dunno man. It's hard to concentrate on blowing some guy's head off when fools on my team are discussing the casserole they're making for supper. slywink

Haha, I gotta back you up on this one Lettuce.

I can tell Pete's a great guy and would totally be cool to hang out with in real life and have some beers.  But when I boot up a video game, I want to play and communicate about the game...not chat about life, lol.  (just using you as one example Pete)

Anyway, I'm on MW2 a lot but I'm only interested in playing Ground War.  If anyone ever wants to do that, I'm up for it anytime.  But I have no interest in any playlist other than Ground War (or Domination).  6 players per side is just way too few people.  I think most of yall play 6v6 TDM which is super boring to me.

Most of the time we talk game strategy, or at least call out enemies and work together to take them down, but once in a while a regular conversation breaks out, usually in the lobby or while the game is loading.  But once bullets start flying the casserole discussions typically taper off. 

I don't mind talking strategy, but when people are having a conversation about something other than Hark's prowess or who's glitching it's nice to sometimes not take the game so seriously.  Some nights have a more social feel, some nights are all about crushing enemies and their souls.  Depends on the group and the mood.  And sometimes people just need to lighten up.

Yeah, I call out enemies a lot, but I really enjoy just talking with people when I play and I don't mind it at all if we are talking about holiday plans or something while i get mowed down. The degree of frustration that I allow the game to put me in sometimes is really just silly. It's just a game, after all, and if I am going through a bad streak, I am better off just slowing my game down instead of cursing and whining.

Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 18, 2009, 04:32:22 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 18, 2009, 03:04:13 PM

You get the same XP for killing, but your end of match bonus increases significantly as you level up.

Really?  I haven't noticed that.  I'm level 52, and even after matches where I get 20-25 kills, I think the largest match bonus I've ever seen was maybe 2500XP.  I don't remember that being "significantly" larger than bonuses I was getting when I was level 5.

XBox Live:  JNacht
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 18, 2009, 04:33:11 PM »

Quote from: skystride on December 18, 2009, 02:25:34 PM

Something I noticed on PS3, hardly anyone uses a headset in merc tdm.  It's a lot more common on Live.  (I'm still waiting for a new xbox; RROD).  Load times seem slightly longer, no option to install completely on HDD.  The matchup screws up on PSN just as much Live so shaking and baking is not a Live only phenomena.

I'm still a bit confused by the fixation that the xp is the problem.  people who are better will get more xp per hour because they get more kills.  why does it matter who you kill?  you kill whoever is in front of you regardless of their level.  Also remember that rank has absolutely nothing to do with skill, so you'd just be saying that people who don't play as much are worth less and that's just silly.  xp starts to slow down around 20 or so, then again at 40.  you get higher match bonuses at higher levels, but the xp needed per level increases a bit faster than the bonus does.

the game is meant to be a 'long haul' type game and not a quick one.  if you compare the levelling rate to an mmo you'll see it matches pretty well.  having brought up mmo's though, I remember that one of your biggest complaint about every mmo I've played with ya is that you level too slowly so I think we may have found the problem slywink
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 18, 2009, 04:34:03 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on December 18, 2009, 04:32:22 PM

Really?  I haven't noticed that.  I'm level 52, and even after matches where I get 20-25 kills, I think the largest match bonus I've ever seen was maybe 2500XP.  I don't remember that being "significantly" larger than bonuses I was getting when I was level 5.

bonuses get pretty big later on.  early on I get bonuses of 700-2000 and then as I near 70 I'm getting 2000-4000 per match as bonus
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 18, 2009, 04:36:22 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 18, 2009, 04:34:03 PM

bonuses get pretty big later on.  early on I get bonuses of 700-2000 and then as I near 70 I'm getting 2000-4000 per match as bonus

Assuming you win your match. I find that the bonuses when I lose are much smaller than the bonuses where my team wins the game.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 18, 2009, 04:37:12 PM »

Really?  I haven't noticed that.  I'm level 52, and even after matches where I get 20-25 kills, I think the largest match bonus I've ever seen was maybe 2500XP.  I don't remember that being "significantly" larger than bonuses I was getting when I was level 5.

When playing TDM, you'll only get bonuses in the hundreds when you start. When you get to the upper ranks and are on the winning team and the match goes the duration, the bonuses can be in the 4-5K range. Then it's on a sliding scale in between. It would be nice if they published the formula for bonus, though.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 18, 2009, 05:02:15 PM »

Some nights have a more social feel

So MW2 is just a glorified chat room for you huh?  And they make fun of us MMO fans ninja
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: December 18, 2009, 05:26:32 PM »

Quote from: skystride on December 18, 2009, 05:02:15 PM

So MW2 is just a glorified chat room for you huh?  And they make fun of us MMO fans ninja

I hear there's some kind of game that can be played in between socializing as well.  Kind of like an interactive chat room where you can shoot at the people who may not agree with your casserole recipe.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: December 19, 2009, 07:25:35 PM »

Anyone play on the PS3?  I heard the 1887 patch is live for it now... just curious how effective they are now.

I have to admit they are fun, after trying them out when everyone started bitching about them.  Never used the 1887s until recently.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: December 19, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on December 19, 2009, 07:25:35 PM

Anyone play on the PS3?  I heard the 1887 patch is live for it now... just curious how effective they are now.

I have to admit they are fun, after trying them out when everyone started bitching about them.  Never used the 1887s until recently.

The PS3 patch is live according to fourzerotwo, which also fixes the "public/private" thing along with a couple of other issues. The Xbox version is in test now, still not released to the general public yet =/

X360 - Nonnahob

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: December 19, 2009, 10:02:50 PM »

I had my first noticed matchmaking screwup. Selected Ground War, got a full game and everyone got booted into Rust FFA... I didn't stick around long.

I haven't been playing lately and it definitely hurt my skillz. Was trying out new combos for a laugh but ended up just trying to complete the guns.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: December 19, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »

Any details on the new patch? 

Wake up.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: December 20, 2009, 05:17:38 AM »

M4cker and I hit, no exaggeration, 6 straight rooms that were glitched.  The 7th had a guy cheating with his friend to get a nuke.

The patch cannot come soon enough.  It's SO ridiculous now.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: December 20, 2009, 11:45:52 AM »

I love screwing up nuke boosters.  But they usually leave the next game.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: December 20, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on December 20, 2009, 11:45:52 AM

I spent one game running around a guy in circles firing an LMG into the air so people would find him.

It was vastly more entertaining than actually playing that match would have been.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: December 20, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 18, 2009, 05:26:32 PM

Quote from: skystride on December 18, 2009, 05:02:15 PM

So MW2 is just a glorified chat room for you huh?  And they make fun of us MMO fans ninja

I hear there's some kind of game that can be played in between socializing as well.  Kind of like an interactive chat room where you can shoot at the people who may not agree with your casserole recipe.

Sounds like this game needs Hush-a-Boom technology (tm Better off Ted)
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: December 20, 2009, 09:53:57 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on December 20, 2009, 05:10:42 PM

Quote from: KePoW on December 20, 2009, 11:45:52 AM

I spent one game running around a guy in circles firing an LMG into the air so people would find him.

It was vastly more entertaining than actually playing that match would have been.

Haha yeah, that's great.

Either that, or just keep killing the partner on the other team who is designated as the martyr.  Or you can just keep removing their tactical insertion, cause that's what they usually use to quickly spawn and boost their kills.
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: December 21, 2009, 01:00:27 AM »

So this is what you guys do all day?  Plan things to complain about when we play at night?  icon_eek
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: December 21, 2009, 01:08:17 AM »

Made my first 'run and gun' style of kit. Using the Vector for shits with the 9mm handgun. Playing some FFA mainly. Was in the top 3 a couple times (3rd and 1st respectively) and not far away for most of the rest. Was actually some fun although I dread to think what it has done to my hit%.  icon_lol

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: December 21, 2009, 02:26:50 AM »

we had a battle of the generations last night that was pretty epic.  I promised to be a dick and post a screenshot so here it is...

then there was this, which was when I died and the 'ragdoll' didn't quite work. 

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: December 21, 2009, 02:32:42 AM »

hehe, that is pretty funny.  Do you hold your camera in one hand and the controller in the other  to capture things like that?

Wake up.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: December 21, 2009, 02:37:06 AM »

By the way, did you all know that MW2 DLC is expected to earn $140 million!?

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/11/28/modern-warfare-2-dlc-expected-to-be-a-rainmaker/

Wake up.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: December 21, 2009, 02:43:42 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on December 21, 2009, 02:32:42 AM

hehe, that is pretty funny.  Do you hold your camera in one hand and the controller in the other  to capture things like that?
two hands on the camera Tongue
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: December 21, 2009, 02:49:14 AM »

FYI, the PS3 Patch is Live, and the 360 and PC patches should follow shortly.

Here are the details:

"Includes:  1887s Balanced. Public "private" Match fix. Infinite Ammo fix. Prestige Hack on PS3 fix. Texture Hack on PC fix (eliminates any edits to IWD files also)."

Wake up.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: December 21, 2009, 01:12:31 PM »

Good playing with you last night Eco. Sorry it was when I was in a tailspin...then you left on the match where I turned it around. So not fair!   crybaby
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 21, 2009, 02:13:32 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 21, 2009, 02:26:50 AM

we had a battle of the generations last night that was pretty epic.  I promised to be a dick and post a screenshot so here it is...

then there was this, which was when I died and the 'ragdoll' didn't quite work. 

Hate to say it but my 8yr old (oXG5) will always be ahead of me (RomyBolognaPony). He's already onto his 1st prestige while I am slowly climbing Everest in order to get the AK47.... finger

He had a great time playing with you guys - thanks for letting him. I gush about you guys like a love struck 8yr old so I can understand his enthusiasm. He now has a little admiration crush on Hark because wow dad! He is really good!  eek

I guess I can always ground him from playing so that I can catch up....... muwhahahahahaha.

Roman

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 21, 2009, 02:30:54 PM »

I need to get on and play this more again. I still haven't even cracked level 50, much less hit 70.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 21, 2009, 03:06:57 PM »

I'm sure hadron's 3 kills came in whatever form was most frustrating for the other team.  disgust  thumbsdown icon_wink
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 03:22:10 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 21, 2009, 03:55:33 PM »

If I can't be good, I'd rather be irritating.  biggrin 

Short round, long round, ground round.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: