http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 12:21:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 Impressions [And official GT Review]  (Read 79027 times)
jblank
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #880 on: December 01, 2009, 03:17:40 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on December 01, 2009, 03:09:21 PM

Quote from: jblank on December 01, 2009, 03:02:03 PM

I'd just settle to see Shotguns behave like Shotguns. Sorry IW, you're just aren't going to kill anyone from 30 yards away with a fucking shotgun

Didn't we just go over this?

If you want shotguns in MW2 to behave like real shotguns then you want to give them longer range and possibly higher damage.

That is absolutely not true. I'm sorry, but I have been shooting Trap and Skeet since I was 11 years old and at say, 30 yards, you have to be a damn awesome shot to (regularly and consistently) break a bird. In Call of Duty, either every soldier is an automatic world class shotgun wielder, or the gun is firing too centered of a spread. I'm going with the latter.

Military shotguns are shorter barrelled anyway which further decreases range (yea I know there are a couple that have more standard barrells, but by in large what I said is more in line with what you see) and they are used in CQB situations only. Besides, I don't think the guns we have in the game are using full chokes due to being weapons that are again, primarily designed for CQB.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 03:21:33 PM by jblank » Logged

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 01, 2009, 03:23:31 PM »

Quote from: jblank on December 01, 2009, 03:06:19 PM

this game wipes its ass with the Battlefield series.

Expound on this because I think you're totally nuts.

The MP in BF is lightyears ahead of what COD brings to the table. The variance of weapons, the balance of ground air and sea vehicles, the classes, the map size...I think you're off your medication!  icon_wink
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 01, 2009, 03:25:45 PM »

Quote from: jblank on December 01, 2009, 03:17:40 PM

Quote from: Thin_J on December 01, 2009, 03:09:21 PM

Quote from: jblank on December 01, 2009, 03:02:03 PM

I'd just settle to see Shotguns behave like Shotguns. Sorry IW, you're just aren't going to kill anyone from 30 yards away with a fucking shotgun

Didn't we just go over this?

If you want shotguns in MW2 to behave like real shotguns then you want to give them longer range and possibly higher damage.

That is absolutely not true. I'm sorry, but I have been shooting Trap and Skeet since I was 11 years old and at say, 30 yards, you have to be a damn awesome shot to (regularly and consistently) break a bird. In Call of Duty, either every soldier is an automatic world class shotgun wielder, or the gun is firing too centered of a spread. I'm going with the latter.

Military shotguns are shorter barrelled anyway which further decreases range (yea I know there are a couple that have more standard barrells, but by in large what I said is more in line with what you see) and they are used in CQB situations only. Besides, I don't think the guns we have in the game are using full chokes due to being weapons that are again, primarily designed for CQB.

I'd propose that they have shell choice be an unlock.  Slugs for longer range and BB or T shot for shorter range but higher spread.  Again, just wishing.

Just a little hiccup.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 01, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »

That is absolutely not true. I'm sorry, but I have been shooting Trap and Skeet since I was 11 years old and at say, 30 yards, you have to be a damn awesome shot to break a bird. In Call of Duty, either every soldier is an automatic world class shotgun wielder, or the gun is firing too centered of a spread. I'm going with the latter.

If you shoot trap and skeet I assume you've at least taken the time to fire some buckshot at one point or another?

If you have you should realize it has a longer range and better overall accuracy (in regards to your spread anyway) over equal distances than the sport loads people use for trap and skeet shooting. The pellets in a military load of '00 buckshot are huge compared to sport loads people use for trap and skeet. It's also a higher pressure load than even most people use for deer or turkey hunting. I've fired a couple boxes worth of the military load stuff and it makes for some rough shooting after a few rounds. Regular buckshot doesn't bother me, but the military stuff bruised my shoulder.

And on the choke thing, that's sort of even worse semantics than what we're already talking about Tongue
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 03:28:32 PM by Thin_J » Logged

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #884 on: December 01, 2009, 03:26:45 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 01, 2009, 03:23:31 PM

Quote from: jblank on December 01, 2009, 03:06:19 PM

this game wipes its ass with the Battlefield series.

Expound on this because I think you're totally nuts.

The MP in BF is lightyears ahead of what COD brings to the table. The variance of weapons, the balance of ground air and sea vehicles, the classes, the map size...I think you're off your medication!  icon_wink

I just find it arcadey Lettuce, and everything from the movement to the sway of the gun just feels off and is far too floaty. Plus, ya gotta hit someone with a ludicrous amount of rounds before they drop, so that is another knock against its realism. I know it is a fave of yours, I don't mean to imply it's crap though.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #885 on: December 01, 2009, 03:33:28 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on December 01, 2009, 03:26:31 PM

That is absolutely not true. I'm sorry, but I have been shooting Trap and Skeet since I was 11 years old and at say, 30 yards, you have to be a damn awesome shot to break a bird. In Call of Duty, either every soldier is an automatic world class shotgun wielder, or the gun is firing too centered of a spread. I'm going with the latter.

If you shoot trap and skeet I assume you've at least taken the time to fire some buckshot at one point or another?

If you have you should realize it has a longer range and better overall accuracy over equal distances than the sport loads people use for trap and skeet shooting. The pellets in a military load of '00 buckshot are huge compared to sport loads people use for trap and skeet. It's also a higher pressure load than even most people use for deer or turkey hunting. I've fired a couple boxes worth of the military load stuff and it makes for some rough shooting after a few rounds. Regular buckshot doesn't bother me, but the military stuff bruised my shoulder.

And on the choke thing, that's sort of even worse semantics than what we're already talking about Tongue

No offense, but I'm not sure your entirely right again.

For one thing, yes, military loads are across the board hotter, but that also induces more recoil which is going to further reduce accuracy at long range and further illustrate my point that these are designed for room entrances, things of the like, not for "sniping" at say, 35 yards or so, give or take.

I think I can safely say that our "quibble" with the way they are doing Shotguns in the game is that the lethal range is just much too long, but that doesn't mean I don't doubt that Shotguns can be lethal. I just happen to think they need to be a secondary gun, not something someone relies on to get regular kills.

What is the problem with chokes? That is applicable in that it dictates (along with a couple of other things) the spread of the pellets upon leaving the barrell. That seems relevant to the discussion in my opinion.

Anyway, this isn't a huge deal, as I said earlier, it is just a quibble I have with the game. In the grand scheme of things, it's a beauty mark on the body of a supermodell. smile

Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 01, 2009, 03:34:33 PM »

Hopefully they get most if not all of the bugs/glitches fixed within the next few weeks.  With the class setup that Harkonis showed me last night,  I am not sure I will be able to resist the temptation of using it against the legions of MW2 noobs.  That one they really need to fix ASAP.   I actually had groups of people running away from me at points last night.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 01, 2009, 03:37:20 PM »

Quote from: jblank on December 01, 2009, 03:33:28 PM

For one thing, yes, military loads are across the board hotter, but that also induces more recoil which is going to further reduce accuracy at long range and further illustrate my point that these are designed for room entrances, things of the like, not for "sniping" at say, 35 yards or so, give or take.

35 yards with a shotgun is sniping? My dad's mossberg with a 20 inch barrel doesn't even require lifting the muzzle much. You just put the bead sight at the top of your target and you get a good solid hit. If you increase the target to human size your entire spread pattern hits and isn't really that big. And that's the most standard barrel length I see in the gunshops. If you walk in and ask for a 12 gauge odds are they'll hand you a Remington with a 20 inch barell and a 6 round tube. I can hit smaller targets at 20 yards with the 18.5 inch barrel, and that doesn't even have a choke on it. I don't disagree about recoil, though I do disagree about initial shot accuracy. The first shot is always super easy to nail a target with, even with the hotter load. It's the lack of recoil and quick follow up shots that's ridiculous and unrealistic. That I totally agree with.

I think I can safely say that our "quibble" with the way they are doing Shotguns in the game is that the lethal range is just much too long, but that doesn't mean I don't doubt that Shotguns can be lethal. I just happen to think they need to be a secondary gun, not something someone relies on to get regular kills.

I don't disagree. I just thinking saying the shotguns in the game need to behave more like shotguns is an incorrect way of stating the issue. It's true, they don't behave like shotguns. They have shorter range than almost every real shotgun. The effective range of most of the shotties in the game feels like a rough equivalent of maybe fifteen yards, which is significantly shorter than the effective range of every single shotgun I've ever used in real life.

The problem isn't the inaccuracy of the portrayal of shotguns. It's all about game balance issues. I still think if you make shotguns behave more like real ones then they actually become more powerful.

What is the problem with chokes? That is applicable in that it dictates (along with a couple of other things) the spread of the pellets upon leaving the barrell. That seems relevant to the discussion in my opinion.

It's not a problem per se, it's just that my experience with shotguns hasn't shown so drastic a difference between one with full choke and completely open, or even on guns that don't have one. There is a definable difference, but not enough to sway the issue we're talking about one way or the other.

Anyway, this isn't a huge deal, as I said earlier, it is just a quibble I have with the game. In the grand scheme of things, it's a beauty mark on the body of a supermodell. smile

Truth.

Sidenote: nice to come across another person that enjoys the hobby, even if we are disagreeing about some of the finer details Tongue

Quote from: jblank on December 01, 2009, 03:26:45 PM

Plus, ya gotta hit someone with a ludicrous amount of rounds before they drop

This has always been my biggest problem with Battlefield.

If BC2 comes out and the guns feel as lethal as they do in CoD and the controls are sharper and smoother than they were in the first one I'l be all over it.

If I still have to shoot someone with 6 rounds from an AK I'll pass.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 03:55:06 PM by Thin_J » Logged

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 01, 2009, 03:39:08 PM »

I don't have a problem with people running around trying to stab someone as their main source of weapons. Or someone running around with duel shotguns. They are playstyles that can be countered. Instead of charging into the fight, stay back a little bit, and find areas that are easy to defend. People need to get close with duel shotguns or a knife kit. You should be able to take them out well before they get close to you. And if you get hit from the side or from behind, take note of how they got there, and use it to better defend yourself next time.

And if you are looking for realism in this video game, there is no reason for you not to be playing hardcore.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 01, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »

I'm looking foward to BC2. I'm really enjoying MW2, but find myself frustrated beyond belief sometimes by the stuff going on.

I've heard it said a ton of times in this thread though - you just have to adapt.  nod

I'll probably adjust a few of my kits after playing a few games last night where the weapon of choice by 4/6 of the other team was the tube.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #890 on: December 01, 2009, 04:36:15 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on December 01, 2009, 03:39:08 PM

I don't have a problem with people running around trying to stab someone as their main source of weapons. Or someone running around with duel shotguns. They are playstyles that can be countered. Instead of charging into the fight, stay back a little bit, and find areas that are easy to defend. People need to get close with duel shotguns or a knife kit. You should be able to take them out well before they get close to you. And if you get hit from the side or from behind, take note of how they got there, and use it to better defend yourself next time.

And if you are looking for realism in this video game, there is no reason for you not to be playing hardcore.

I agree there are counters, but that kind of misses my point. What I think a few of us are in here saying, again, is that as it stands, the "loadout" of going dual shotguns is a bit unrealisticly portrayed, especially since you can reload on the fly, which we've shown isn't possible. Also, in a battle, that isn't something you will see. Shotguns aren't a primary battle weapon, so in the game, it would be nice if they were relegated to a last resort weapon.

Again though, this is NOT A DEALBREAKER, just a nuisance, an annoyance if you will, but I kind of hate having to intentionally re-kit myself to contend with one goober running around like a maniac. To me, that isn't playing Call of Duty, it's playing Quake.

I just don't like Hardcore and to tell you the truth, I don't know why. Maybe it is bad luck, I don't know, but I feel as though every game I underperform, regardless of what I do, which frustrates me, which leads to me to either go back to normal TDM, or to stop playing for a bit. If you made me give a reason, I maybe feel that Hardcore is a bit too unforgiving, but something between TDM and Hardcore would be perfect.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 01, 2009, 04:37:47 PM »

I don't like hardcore because no one moves. 
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #892 on: December 01, 2009, 04:41:34 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on December 01, 2009, 03:43:00 PM

I'm looking foward to BC2. I'm really enjoying MW2, but find myself frustrated beyond belief sometimes by the stuff going on.

I've heard it said a ton of times in this thread though - you just have to adapt.  nod

I'll probably adjust a few of my kits after playing a few games last night where the weapon of choice by 4/6 of the other team was the tube.

Don't get me started on the rampant noob tubing.

If folks would just get a rifle/sub machine gun and fire bullets at each other, the game would be perfect online. smile

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 01, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »

Quote from: jblank on December 01, 2009, 04:36:15 PM

Again though, this is NOT A DEALBREAKER, just a nuisance, an annoyance if you will, but I kind of hate having to intentionally re-kit myself to contend with one goober running around like a maniac. To me, that isn't playing Call of Duty, it's playing Quake.

+100000

I hate it when people say, "just adapt" or "find a new strategy". If adapting means playing a different game than I signed up for, then I'm not having fun, am I? I might as well not play. I'm not saying I'm going to stop playing, but I wish people would stop brushing off people who dislike the type of play that some of the new perks and weapons have introduced.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 01, 2009, 05:16:31 PM »

I maybe feel that Hardcore is a bit too unforgiving, but something between TDM and Hardcore would be perfect.

I like Hardcore ok, and sometimes better than the regular modes, but agree that something in between would be perfect.

My favorite thing about hardcore is being able to take Cold Blooded and not care that I don't have Stopping Power.

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 01, 2009, 05:47:41 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 01, 2009, 04:50:27 PM

+100000

I hate it when people say, "just adapt" or "find a new strategy". If adapting means playing a different game than I signed up for, then I'm not having fun, am I? I might as well not play. I'm not saying I'm going to stop playing, but I wish people would stop brushing off people who dislike the type of play that some of the new perks and weapons have introduced.

I don't like it either and I agree that "just adapt" sucks as any kind of comfort to the flaws the game has. I also agree that if everyone just shot bullets it would be a lot more fun! It sucks having to retool your characters class because the idiot with the noob tube and scavenger is destroying the team. It'd be nice if the shotguns were toned down, too.

Overall though, I love playing with the team I've been running with lately. I think that is what keeps me most interested in the game. It's especially great when you mix people of different playstyles. Like someone said earlier, Mikagami does an awesome job of playing a lightweight / marathon class... and when I run with Optix, he knows all the great places to hide. I think it becomes a lot more fun when you run with a group who has such varied gameplaying styles. Maybe if we can get Lettuce to chill out on his kill to death, everyone will be happy.  icon_lol

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 01, 2009, 05:58:52 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 01, 2009, 03:20:30 AM

Quote from: pr0ner on December 01, 2009, 03:04:14 AM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 01, 2009, 02:10:00 AM

Quote from: pr0ner on December 01, 2009, 01:55:15 AM

Certain people sure do whine a lot about a game they are so obsessed with and play so damn much.

Leave Teggy alone.

Roll Eyes

Well then who are you talking about?

retard

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 01, 2009, 06:00:22 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on December 01, 2009, 05:58:52 PM

Certain people sure do whine a lot about a game they are so obsessed with and play so damn much.

Leave Teggy alone.

Roll Eyes

retard

Come on little fella, you can do it.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #898 on: December 01, 2009, 06:03:31 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on December 01, 2009, 05:16:31 PM

I maybe feel that Hardcore is a bit too unforgiving, but something between TDM and Hardcore would be perfect.

I like Hardcore ok, and sometimes better than the regular modes, but agree that something in between would be perfect.

My favorite thing about hardcore is being able to take Cold Blooded and not care that I don't have Stopping Power.

DEFINITELY, although even in reg. DM games, I have moved away from Stopping Power since going to the UMP 45 (a very underrated SMG I must add). I always hated (in CoD 4 and WaW) having to rely on Stopping Power as a crutch, so in this game, I just told myself I was going to just throw out as many fucking bullets as possible, into the guy, and go for kills that way, rather than to be more, how should I say, precise. Seems to be working as my KDR is at 1.24, which is higher than it was in either of the previous 2 games.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 01, 2009, 06:04:25 PM »

I always use stopping power.  Your experiment intrigues me jblank. perhaps I'll give it a shot (OMG GET IT!!).
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #900 on: December 01, 2009, 06:05:36 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on December 01, 2009, 05:47:41 PM

+100000

I don't like it either and I agree that "just adapt" sucks as any kind of comfort to the flaws the game has. I also agree that if everyone just shot bullets it would be a lot more fun! It sucks having to retool your characters class because the idiot with the noob tube and scavenger is destroying the team. It'd be nice if the shotguns were toned down, too.

Overall though, I love playing with the team I've been running with lately. I think that is what keeps me most interested in the game. It's especially great when you mix people of different playstyles. Like someone said earlier, Mikagami does an awesome job of playing a lightweight / marathon class... and when I run with Optix, he knows all the great places to hide. I think it becomes a lot more fun when you run with a group who has such varied gameplaying styles. Maybe if we can get Lettuce to chill out on his kill to death, everyone will be happy.  icon_lol

If you like playing "team like" then add me to your friends list. I love communicating, calling out positions, working together, to me, THAT is fun.

I'm Titan of Saturn and Phobos of Mars (both Xbox 360 tags).

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #901 on: December 01, 2009, 06:09:42 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 01, 2009, 06:04:25 PM

I always use stopping power.  Your experiment intrigues me jblank. perhaps I'll give it a shot (OMG GET IT!!).

I'm hardly one to give tips, but here is what I do if you do wanna give it a go. On guns with higher recoil at full-auto (like the UMP 45), I will aim just below the groin area and let the recoil gradually raise the barrel throughout the burst so that by the time 10 rounds or so has been fired, the barrel is firing shots that are high chest, low head, which is quite lethal. Of course with this gun, it means I am engaging targets at much closer range than my personal fav gun, the M4, but it's working well for me.

With lower recoil guns, just aim higher on target for your first shot.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 01, 2009, 06:12:01 PM »

+100000

I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, but I don't see much difference between giving tips and advice on how to play the game is any different than this situation.

It's kind of the same conversation we all had with tanks in W@W. Some vocal people think that tanks are cheap, while others offer some strategies on how to take them out quickly. It's the same exact thing here.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #903 on: December 01, 2009, 06:23:55 PM »

+100000

Heck, I enjoyed playing against you guys.   I don't mind losing, I just dislike it when people lord it over me or rub it in my face.  Really, your skill said enough, you don't need to gloat.  I learned alot from playing against Mik, and you, and the Lettuce, etc..

Spend my night staring at killcams, but I learned something from it.  Now I just need to get over this Mass Effect kick I'm on and get back to MW2.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 01, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »

I've been using the n00b t00b a bit more.  Last night I had an awesome kill with it.  On Quarry, a dude with a sniper rifle and thermal scope plugged me from the window as I came around one of the tanks.  I respawned, came around the tanks farther back, and shot a grenade at the upper part of the window.  It impacted and took out the sniper.  Suck on that!  biggrin

I think it's funny when the elite players moan about the people using the n00b t00b.  I think it's a good balancing factor.  Yes, you'll get killed by it, but when you can take me out 10 times with a knife to the back or from some crane that I can't even figure out how to get to, I have no problem taking you out by spamming grenades.   icon_twisted

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 01, 2009, 07:14:12 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on December 01, 2009, 06:23:55 PM

+100000

Heck, I enjoyed playing against you guys.   I don't mind losing, I just dislike it when people lord it over me or rub it in my face.  Really, your skill said enough, you don't need to gloat.  I learned alot from playing against Mik, and you, and the Lettuce, etc..

Spend my night staring at killcams, but I learned something from it.  Now I just need to get over this Mass Effect kick I'm on and get back to MW2.

Quite flattering to be put in the same category as Mik or Lettuce, thanks. I'm not near the quality player either of them are, but I do like the team atmosphere and like you said - it's awesome to play with people who aren't sitting there going "OMFG you suxxorz i pwned you lolz!!!!" Mik made a good point the other day online, you can mute everyone but people on your friends list. I personally like some of the funny banter listening to people complain after a good thrashing, but if the commentary bugs you enough - you can always mute them all by default!

X360 - Nonnahob

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 01, 2009, 07:17:24 PM »

I got a double staggered kill on Quarry with the noob tube last night.  The enemies were up by the warehouses while I was in the middle area.  They called for an airdrop right out of my view next to one of the vehicles.  I lobbed a grenade halfway across the map on a blind shot.  I got a +100 pop on the grenade detonation, then a quick +200, double kill as the vehicle exploded and took out the other guy.  

And my personal favorite is the game-ending kinetic kill when I'm too close for a detonation.  

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 01, 2009, 07:24:48 PM »

There was one guy I was playing against the other night who was amazing with blind grenade throws. Watching his killcam, he could see the tracers from my bullets, but not where I was actually standing. He would lob the semtex grenade so that it would land at my feet nearly every time. He also angled the throw perfectly so that the grenade exploded just as it hit the ground. I had no time to react, and he did this at several different points throughout the map. I also nearly died because he stickied a guy who was on the other side of the room. That guy panicked and started sprinting towards me. I was hurt, but just outside of the area of effect it seems.

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 01, 2009, 08:07:30 PM »

To someone's point about people complaining about the game, I think that anytime a game is so reliant on human players, be it an online shooter or MMORPG, people are going to find way to get the upper hand on the competition. Sometimes this means finding the perfect "build" or "kit", and sometimes this means exploiting glitches. When this happens people are going to complain that things need to be tweaked or fixed. I don't think that this is an indication that people dislike the game or anything.

I know I have complained a bit but it's only because I'm having such a great time playing it that the shortfalls stand out more. The game really is TegTastic, and I haven't been this hooked on a game in a long, long time.

I have yet to play with everyone here on GT though. One day I need to find a way to get myself invited.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 01, 2009, 08:16:07 PM »

I have yet to play with everyone here on GT though. One day I need to find a way to get myself invited.

Send me a friend request to: RomyBolognaPony and I will be more than happy to accept and will certainly invite you into the game the next time I am online with the rest of the GT crew.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 01, 2009, 08:18:25 PM »

Quote from: Owain on December 01, 2009, 03:34:33 PM

Hopefully they get most if not all of the bugs/glitches fixed within the next few weeks.  With the class setup that Harkonis showed me last night,  I am not sure I will be able to resist the temptation of using it against the legions of MW2 noobs.  That one they really need to fix ASAP.   I actually had groups of people running away from me at points last night.

It was hilarious to watch that build in action but I wouldn't have liked to be on the OpFor, I'm surprised some players hung around for multiple matches after seeing that.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 01, 2009, 08:19:32 PM »

Quote from: Roman on December 01, 2009, 08:16:07 PM

Send me a friend request to: RomyBolognaPony and I will be more than happy to accept and will certainly invite you into the game the next time I am online with the rest of the GT crew.

icon_eek

Jesus christ I had no idea that was who you were.  I've actually played with you before but had no idea how you knew everyone.  Now I know, and GI Joe would be proud of me.  After all, that is half the battle.  We had a blast, cheating children aside.   icon_wink  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 01, 2009, 08:19:57 PM »

Quote from: Roman on December 01, 2009, 08:16:07 PM

Ditto for OtterChaos and I'm almost always on the bottom of the score table, I think my k/d is something like .33 so easy points if I'm on the other side.
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 01, 2009, 08:27:18 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on December 01, 2009, 08:18:25 PM

Quote from: Owain on December 01, 2009, 03:34:33 PM

It was hilarious to watch that build in action but I wouldn't have liked to be on the OpFor, I'm surprised some players hung around for multiple matches after seeing that.

oh - pray tell what was this? It is almost too juicy not to elaborate. (Purely for research purposes....... ninja)

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 01, 2009, 08:32:20 PM »

Harkonis glitches so you don't have to...   Tongue

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: December 01, 2009, 08:36:36 PM »

Ditto for OtterChaos and I'm almost always on the bottom of the score table, I think my k/d is something like .33 so easy points if I'm on the other side.

Exactly my thoughts the other day. I was 'fortunate' enough on Sunday night to have joined the party but there were no spots left on Harks list so I was punted to the other team. I think you and I were both on the 'bad guys' team and we were handed a beating match after match. My KD plummeted from the kelvin scale of .69 to .65 at the end.... crybaby

It was actually kind of commical to hear our team complain about the kills they were subjected to and we had to reinforce the point that they were not cheating - they were just really really really good. I actually remember a mass exodus of players off the list after once match.

Ah good times. But lesson learned - I will never again be on the other team against this crew - too bruising for my online ego  icon_lol

Roman

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 01, 2009, 08:38:46 PM »

If you're looking to keep your K/D reasonable while playing against most of the GT forum members I've played with... in my experience, don't play against GT forum members.  icon_lol

X360 - Nonnahob

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 01, 2009, 08:43:37 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 01, 2009, 06:00:22 PM

Quote from: pr0ner on December 01, 2009, 05:58:52 PM

Leave Teggy alone.

Roll Eyes

retard

Come on little fella, you can do it.

Wow. You went to PMs to send this:

You should feel bad for wasting both of our's time.

Also, what JayDee said.  Wait, was it him you were talking about?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:46:07 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 01, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on December 01, 2009, 07:14:12 PM

Quite flattering to be put in the same category as Mik or Lettuce, thanks.

He wasn't doing that...he was just being polite.
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 01, 2009, 08:48:35 PM »

Jesus christ I had no idea that was who you were.  I've actually played with you before but had no idea how you knew everyone.  Now I know, and GI Joe would be proud of me.  After all, that is half the battle.  We had a blast, cheating children aside.   icon_wink  

Yeppers - that be me! Hey wanna try that Shield glitch tonight?  icon_lol icon_lol

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: