http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 02:53:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 Impressions [And official GT Review]  (Read 80243 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 24, 2009, 09:42:29 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 24, 2009, 09:25:53 PM

Quote from: Teggy on November 24, 2009, 06:25:55 PM

Yikes, I hope this has been patched already:

Infinite air drops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NWdGTRZKl8#t=00m44s

I really hope that isn't how my team had so many sentry guns last night.  I asked how and was told 'don't worry about it'.  just laughed at the time but if a GT crew member was cheating I am sad.

Agreed! It's time to ostracize if we find a cheater in our midst. Exploiting the maps is one thing, cheating is another.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 24, 2009, 09:43:29 PM »

Infinite air drops:

well, thank god I'm not touching this game for a while. Bring back QA, please.
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 24, 2009, 10:05:25 PM »

Found this bit of info on the Qt3 forums:

It shows the spread of all weapons, player stats, weapon stats, perk stats, etc.

MW2 community Stats
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 25, 2009, 12:46:56 PM »

Quote from: Owain on November 24, 2009, 10:05:25 PM

It shows the spread of all weapons, player stats, weapon stats, perk stats, etc.

MW2 community Stats

Reinforces my instinct to switch to Hardcore like I did in the previous two games. Playing yesterday with a couple of the guys we face opponents who simply just ran all over the map, relying on faster draw tactics. Too many times I would start firing, probably getting the bad guy with a round or two, but then he would head shot or stab me. I know that going Hardcore pretty much makes each weapon the same as the next one, but the slower pace of Hardcore is worth it to me.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 25, 2009, 01:52:46 PM »

Last night is probably the worst night I've had in this game since launch. Everything was going wrong. 2 to 1 deaths to kills happened about 5 times. Argh!

Also, matchmaking took a hellah long time.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 25, 2009, 02:19:28 PM »

Tried a couple matches last night but the lag was ridiculous. At one point I unloaded nearly a full magazine from the Scar-H into a guy, he killed me, and on his killcam I didn't even show as firing a single shot. That kind of crap is just unplayable. Dunno what was up with the netconn last night.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 25, 2009, 02:31:30 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on November 25, 2009, 02:19:28 PM

Tried a couple matches last night but the lag was ridiculous. At one point I unloaded nearly a full magazine from the Scar-H into a guy, he killed me, and on his killcam I didn't even show as firing a single shot. That kind of crap is just unplayable. Dunno what was up with the netconn last night.

Probably everyone is off and swarming XBL.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 25, 2009, 02:32:34 PM »

Quote from: Owain on November 24, 2009, 10:05:25 PM

MW2 community Stats

That was an interesting read, and one part near the bottom would explain some of my recent frustration.

Testing from other sources has confirmed the use of a damage of "35" for weapons.
The intent for this is likely to make Stopping Power less "powerful".
For example, the FAL may deliver 50-35 damage. Because of this, Stopping Power's benefit is not prevalent - 50 is already two shots and 35 is three, Power bringing it up to 49 damage will still require three shots. It does appear to have at least a 1.5x headshot multiplier, similar to the M14, allowing a one headshot kill up close with Stopping Power.

I have always operated under the assumption that a headshot, with any weapon, was a one shot kill. But I've had several instances in this game where I have fired point blank into someones head, and didn't register a headshot until several rounds had hit home. Based on this "testing", it seems that this thinking is incorrect. Assuming that their data is correct, the ACR rifle takes a minimum of 4 shots to kill someone who is at full health, and if there is just a 1.5x multiplier on headshots, it will take 3 headshots to get the kill.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Frogstar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 25, 2009, 02:34:35 PM »

I'm really enjoying the multiplayer (PS3), but man do I suck.  I'm amazed at how good players are at this game.  

In any event, I have a couple questions.  What controller sensitivity are people using?  I've been experimenting but haven't really decided what is best (my results are mixed ... right now I am at 7, I think, which works ok).  

But am I right to assume that the people who are insanely good are playing at the higher (or highest) sensitivity?

Also, it seems like the cold-blooded and ninja perks are essential to someone like me, who is basically canon-fodder for the better players.  Those perks seem to help.  But I hate giving up stopping power, because I need all the offensive power that I can get.  

Assuming I stick with cold-blooded, what gun would still give me a good wallop and is fairly easy to use?  Does anyone swear by the FAL?
Really, what it boils down to is that I need every perk all the time.  icon_confused  

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 02:44:12 PM by Frogstar » Logged
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 25, 2009, 02:51:19 PM »

High sensitivity is too sensitive I use the default sensitivity, but I also use the tactical layout which moves crouch to the stick and melee to B.

I usually lose melee fights, but I also manage to go prone pretty quickly when caught unawares and/or to throw off the other guy's aim.

Of course I'm not insanely good so maybe i'm not qualified to answer the question.   icon_wink
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 25, 2009, 03:00:35 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 25, 2009, 02:51:19 PM

High sensitivity is too sensitive I use the default sensitivity, but I also use the tactical layout which moves crouch to the stick and melee to B.

I usually lose melee fights, but I also manage to go prone pretty quickly when caught unawares and/or to throw off the other guy's aim.

Of course I'm not insanely good so maybe i'm not qualified to answer the question.   icon_wink

My formula.

If Kills/Deaths > 1 then
Player = Insanely Good
End If

You qualify. slywink
Frogstar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 25, 2009, 03:02:48 PM »

Of course I'm not insanely good so maybe i'm not qualified to answer the question.

Hehe.  I should have been more specific -- nearly everyone is "insanely good" compared to me.  So I'll happily accept every bit of advice that anyone has for me.   
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 25, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »

Well, I finally managed to get my K/D ratio up over 1.00 last night, and when I stopped playing this morning it was around 1.02 I believe! I struggled early to find a gun that I liked. At first I stuck with the FAMAS because it reminded me of my beloved M16 from COD4. But I found I couldn't play consistently with the FAMAS without having Stopping Power equipped, and once I unlocked Cold Blooded, I just wasn't willing to give it up for Stopping Power. So I moved on to the SCAR, and that helped me kill the bad guys quicker, but I couldn't hit anything at range. Considering a large part of my strategy is to defend portions of the map with long sight lines, I had to quickly give up the SCAR, and move on to something else. I flirted with the AUG for awhile, and had a brief, but intense, attraction to it. With the grip attached, the weapon was great at long distance, and when I used Bling to add a silencer to the mix, I thought that "this was the one". Unfortunately, that quickly fell apart, as I realized I couldn't consistently use the iron sites to aim, and I was losing most battles at close range. By this point, I unlocked the M16, and quickly changed my kits in the hopes that we would pick up right where we left off in COD4. And at first, I thought we had. I was able to kill people at range with 2-3 bursts, while also defending smaller areas and getting some kills at close range. But it was not going to last. Something happened. I think it was a combination of me putting a silencer on the weapon, and me realizing that I can't aim consistently at all for some reason. Whatever it was, I stopped getting consistent kills, and instead saw my K/D ratio plummet. Once I unlocked the ACR, I knew it was time for a change again. And this time, I think I found the right setup for me.

First, on almost all of my kits I use the ACR with the Red Dot. I decided that I shouldn't force myself to use the silencer. While it's not confirmed, I do believe that the silencer reduces damage, and the benefit of not showing up on the enemy radar every time I fire just isn't enough to handle the reduced damage. Frankly, I don't think many people pay attention to it anyway. There are several maps where I'll defend/camp at one spot, and kill the same people over and over again. These spots can easily be flanked, but that rarely happens, despite me popping up on the radar any time I fire, and people having the ability to see where I am thanks to the killcam.

increased accuracy + visible on radar > invisibility + reduced range/damage

Second, I use One Man Army on almost every kit. In fact, my kits are now set up specifically to use One Man Army. I start with a kit called "oma base" which is the ACR w/ Red Dot, Semtex grenades, stun grenades, cold blooded pro, and ninja pro. This is my all-purpose kit, which I use at the start of every map. It's a perfect fit for me when I want to assault enemy positions, or move into positions that I want to defend. My next kit is called "oma camp", and it's designed for when I want to defend certain positions. The only difference is that it has claymores instead of grenades. Once I plop down two claymores, I'll typically switch to "oma tact inst", which has tactical insertion instead of claymores, and set that up where I want to respawn. Then, if I am in a position that has long sight lines, I'll switch to "oma long range" which is the ACR with ACOG scope.

This setup has helped me immensely. When I'm in Mercenary Team Deathmatch playing by myself, I typically dominate and finish with K/D ratios usually close to 2.00 per match, and sometimes up close to 3.00.  eek When I join up with other GT'ers and we go into regular Team Deathmatch, my K/D drops down closer to 1.00, but I do usually finish a with a few more kills than deaths, which is always a "win" for me. I also bumped the sensitivity up one from the default, so I think it is at 4 now, and that has worked just fine for me.

In case it's not obvious, I'm at work with nothing else to do but think about the game that I most likely wont be playing again until Monday morning thanks to the holiday weekend and Steelers football game Sunday night.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Frogstar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 25, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »

Good stuff, msteelers!  I'm only level 35, but I'm going to try some of your suggestions.

jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 25, 2009, 03:57:50 PM »

"Only" level 35??  Geeeeez...  I hope to hit L35 by the time CoD 8 comes out.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 25, 2009, 04:09:16 PM »

I agree. ACR is probably my favorite gun in the game.

I also agree with that increased damage trumps invisibility. I'd rather take my chances being spotted and fight it out than lose stopping power or scavenger or steady aim.

Of course that's my playstyle.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 25, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »

Quote from: jament on November 25, 2009, 03:57:50 PM

Hey Jament-

Sorry we spent the night shooting you to pieces two nights ago. We just didn't have room in the party. Hopefully next time.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 25, 2009, 04:26:12 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 25, 2009, 04:09:16 PM

I agree. ACR is probably my favorite gun in the game.

I also agree with that increased damage trumps invisibility. I'd rather take my chances being spotted and fight it out than lose stopping power or scavenger or steady aim.

Of course that's my playstyle.

I try to avoid using weapons that require stopping power, and I tend to aim using the left trigger, so steady aim is somewhat useless to me unless I go akimbo. I haven't done that in awhile, but even then I go back and forth between steady aim, and the sweet silence of Ninja Pro.

I just can't make myself give up on cold blooded. The advantages to using that is just too great. Invisible to killstreak rewards, and I don't glow like a Chernobyl survivor when people have thermal scopes. It's great. Besides, if the data from the previously linked website is correct, and the ACR does between 30-20 damage per bullet, then it takes 4-5 rounds to kill an enemy anyway. Stopping Power would only reduce that to 3-4. Since the ACR has such a high rate of fire anyway, I don't think that will be much of a difference.

Actually, I was toying with the idea of putting Stopping Power on my base kit, and switching to my camp kit whenever a killstreak reward for the other team is put up, but I just talked myself out of it.  icon_wink

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 25, 2009, 05:17:31 PM »

If you are curious what it looks like when every single callsign is unlocked, scroll down in this thread:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=189949

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 25, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »

Good stuff steelers.  I may need to start considering mixing up my kits, or giving one-man-army a try.  I find that over the course of a game I get into situations when my current kit is a liability, but at other times it's absolutely lethal.  Being able to change on the fly could really help my strategy and adaptability to a game.  I sometimes start out with five or six straight kills and zero deaths, but then something will happen.  Not sure what, but the tables seem to turn and I'll die eight or nine times before getting another kill.  That's usually when a change in kit setup could really benefit me. 

I also really need to learn to get over my obsession with assault rifles.  In COD4 I hated the LMG class and used a few SMG weapons only briefly.  I didn't even bother with sniper rifles (has anyone ever heard me mention while playing online how much I hate snipers?  ninja) as I am pretty bad at aiming and can't seem to find ideal locations for sniping.  Plus I struggle with kit load-outs as I never seem to think to use claymores or "invisible" perks like cold-blooded or ninja.  I seem to always gravitate toward assault rifles, sleight-of-hand-pro, hardline-pro, and steady-aim-pro.  Unless I'm using a fully automatic weapon, and then I use scavenger-pro since I run out of ammo pretty quickly.   icon_redface  I really want to try other weapons classes, but I guess I'm either afraid to or have become so dependent upon the range and accuracy of assault rifles.  I also hate playing badly, and whenever I switch weapons I seem to have a steep learning curve and spend a number of rounds lamenting the game, my enemies, and just life in general.

I haven't unlocked the ACR yet, so I've been sticking with the M16 and am only 45 or so kills away from earning both 10,000 exp for sleight-of-hand and 10,000 exp for total kills.  That 20,000 exp will be a nice bonus for sticking with the M16 for so long.  And I hope to unlock the ACR in the next day or so, allowing me to check out what others have been raving about. 

I'm not a fan of the SCAR as the recoil is awful and it sucks at long range (for me Hark, for me it sucks at long range  icon_wink).  I sometimes go back to the M4 as it seems to have less recoil, it's fully automatic, but the damage sucks.  The SCAR has better damage, but I struggle to hold it steady.  I've moved on from the FAMAS, especially after unlocking all attachments (yes, even FMJ), as I'm just not a fan, and I haven't used the FAL at all.  I've been toying with the TAR21, but it just seems to be an all-around crappy weapon.

I haven't even explored running around like a rabbit stabbing people before they can even raise their sights, and I haven't unlocked Akimbo yet so I continue to swear about people running around with dual shotguns that seem to fire way farther than they should.  I can't seem to aim well with the throwing knife, and secondary weapons are always an afterthought for me.  I can't seem to kill people with these unusual methods, yet I run into players who can easily kill me doing the same thing, either by firing a sniper rifle from the hip, stabbing me from 100 feet away, blowing me off a roof with a shotgun from the ground, or hitting me with a throwing-knife when I don't even see it coming.   disgust 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: November 25, 2009, 06:13:14 PM »

My focus is almost solely with the assault rifles in these games. The fact that I flirted with an LMG and SMG kit (I forgot to list akimbo P90's w/ marathon, lightweight, and ninja pro in my post above) is the exception for me, and just shows how much I've struggled with some of the early assault rifles in this game.

I think I might add sleight of hand to my "base" kit, since that is the one I use on the offensive, and I die a lot while reloading. I can then switch over to one of the other kits whenever a helicopter or something comes in.

Also, I meant to mention that One Man Army really makes the Scavenger perk obsolete. Running out of ammo? Just switch to another kit...hell, you can even switch to the kit you already have, and your ammo will be replaced! The only thing I wish I could do was have a rocket launcher equipped with OMA. Since it replaces your secondary weapon you can't use any pistols, machine pistols, shotguns, or launchers. If something comes in that I need to shoot down, I have to switch to my kit that has a stinger on it, but I can't switch to anything else until I die. icon_frown

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 25, 2009, 06:44:27 PM »

On the Crash map on CoD4, I would always take the RPD with claymores and set up in one of the two buildings across from the crash (depending on which side I spawned). I would always clean up.

After I prestige (I think I am at 66 or 67 now) I am going to try to play with the LMGs because I have hardly touched them, other than the AUG. SMGs are harder with these maps because you really need to stay away from the open areas, but I plan on trying to use them more as well.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 25, 2009, 07:18:47 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 25, 2009, 06:44:27 PM

On the Crash map on CoD4, I would always take the RPD with claymores and set up in one of the two buildings across from the crash (depending on which side I spawned). I would always clean up.

After I prestige (I think I am at 66 or 67 now) I am going to try to play with the LMGs because I have hardly touched them, other than the AUG. SMGs are harder with these maps because you really need to stay away from the open areas, but I plan on trying to use them more as well.

I use SMGs on highrise and scrapyard primarily. Sometimes I use them on subbase.

The vector is the first SMG I got the 1000 kills with , but a lot of people don't like it.

I tried the uzi and mp5 but could not use them effectively.  I've just started using the UMP and it is a revelation.  What a great great gun.

Overall I prefer ARs in this game. Like you, I'm gonna try some more LMGs next prestige, but the experience I've had with them (except the aug) has been underwhelming.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 25, 2009, 07:50:38 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 25, 2009, 06:44:27 PM

PrestigeTimeTeggy
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 25, 2009, 08:05:50 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 25, 2009, 04:09:47 PM

Hey Jament-

Sorry we spent the night shooting you to pieces two nights ago. We just didn't have room in the party. Hopefully next time.

That's all right - it was only fair to pad your stats for a bit before I joined your side and drug you down.  It was a good time.  I don't know how you guys can hold side conversations about kits and stuff while piling up kills, though.  It takes all of my concentration just to figure out who might be shooting at me from where.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 25, 2009, 08:59:18 PM »

you only play on defaut sensitivity?  that really surprises me.  I play on 7 (think high is 4)  anything lower and you simply don't turn around fast enough. played on 8 in cod4, but 7 in waw
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 25, 2009, 09:04:13 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 25, 2009, 08:59:18 PM

you only play on defaut sensitivity?  that really surprises me.  I play on 7 (think high is 4)  anything lower and you simply don't turn around fast enough. played on 8 in cod4, but 7 in waw

I use default.  Anything faster and I can't aim for shit....even less so than my normal crap aim.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 25, 2009, 09:35:05 PM »

Quote from: jament on November 25, 2009, 03:57:50 PM

Yeah, I'm level 26-ish and I've played quite a bit, even have a decent K/D ratio of about 1.29 (I mostly just play mercenary team deathmatch). I'm not good, but I'm passably decent at the game. smile

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 26, 2009, 12:04:45 AM »

I played Hardcore TDM this afternoon. Very enjoyable. I used the FAL to great advantage. Thankfully a lot of players doing HCTDM play it just like normal mode and I mowed them down like a lawn in summer icon_biggrin.

And nobody makes it past my Claymore alive  thumbsup

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 26, 2009, 12:19:18 AM »

I'm anxious to get back to this but my TV has a problem with it's optical disc that causes the screen to be tinted yellow. Obviously, this makes it very difficult to spot enemies in CoD, especially on maps like Estate, Highrise, Scavenger, and Afghan. It should get repaired on Monday so until then I'll probably stick with Dragon Age where the yellow coloring doesn't affect gameplay.
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #790 on: November 26, 2009, 01:47:26 AM »

Only.....two.....more.....Spec Op missions.....left.....gah!

Wetwork and Snatch & Grab..............*raises fist in anger*

Mostly 'coz I know I should have finished Wetwork already, but last night just when I was about to win, I lose...
Spoiler for Hiden:
God conspired against me and made me point AND shoot ONE bullet at a hostage in the last room, after dispatching 3 of the 4 bad guys in there...I even had time to confirm he was a hostage.....Lord knows why I fired.

Probably punishment for enjoying the airport mission a bit too much....

Snatch & Grab - Frickin' juggernauts....

When I'm done, I shall join you guys in MP biggrin

And get my arse handed back to me over and over again...

Xbox360 Live! Gamertag: Wuigi69
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 26, 2009, 07:28:31 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 24, 2009, 09:29:51 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on November 24, 2009, 09:25:53 PM

Infinite air drops:

I really hope that isn't how my team had so many sentry guns last night.  I asked how and was told 'don't worry about it'.  just laughed at the time but if a GT crew member was cheating I am sad.

Hadron has a lag switch and he cheats!

You've seen how much he warps around.  Definitely a lag switch!

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 26, 2009, 02:23:12 PM »

Had a day off yesterday, and was able to put some time into it.  Played a couple hours of SP, not sure how far in I am.. about level 6 or something, but the story is all over the map, and I don't know what's happening but the shooty shooty is fun.

MP is great as to be expected.  Got up to level 16, and I'm certainly rusty as I haven't played COD4 in a while.  Loving the M4 as usual, really like the new kill streaks although the turret seems to be fairly meh.  Tried a few of the other guns, but like COD4 the M4 just works.  Guns all seem to have good feedback/feel.

I like the maps, but some of them just don't seem to grab me like some of COD4's.  Maybe I just need more time with them, I really like some of the bigger outdoor maps.

This game should have some legs.

"Goonies never say die"
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 26, 2009, 02:31:13 PM »

I've pretty much given up on ever hitting a k:d of 1.00. My game is definitely improving and I'm averaging about 1:1 in almost every game I play now. The problem is that I'm currently at 0.82 and have 400 deaths more than kills. At this rate I'm not making up any ground so I feel like I'm in calculus class learning about limits and my k:d is approaching 1.00 but it will never actually hit it.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 26, 2009, 04:10:08 PM »

Has anyone hit their first prestige yet?
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: November 26, 2009, 04:23:10 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 26, 2009, 04:10:08 PM

Hark, Mikagami, and Hellspawn are on their second.  Wonderpug, Kato and a few others are on their first.

I'm level 70 so I'm almost to my first prestige.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 26, 2009, 04:26:42 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 26, 2009, 04:23:10 PM

Quote from: JayDee on November 26, 2009, 04:10:08 PM

Hark, Mikagami, and Hellspawn are on their second.  Wonderpug, Kato and a few others are on their first.

I'm level 70 so I'm almost to my first prestige.

Besides opening up new custom kit slots, what else does prestige give you besides a neat new emblem? I know you lose everything and have to start over, but what's the benefit of that? Or is it just a status thing?
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 26, 2009, 05:03:38 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 26, 2009, 04:26:42 PM

Or is it just a status thing?

Mostly this.  Also there are new challenges... Personally I think people who lockdown at 65 (in the old game) and 70 on this one are doing it wrong.  icon_wink
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 26, 2009, 05:19:26 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 26, 2009, 05:03:38 PM

Or is it just a status thing?

Mostly this.  Also there are new challenges... Personally I think people who lockdown at 65 (in the old game) and 70 on this one are doing it wrong.  icon_wink

Man you need to go play WoW...you would never leave your house again.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 27, 2009, 02:00:49 PM »

Besides opening up new custom kit slots, what else does prestige give you besides a neat new emblem? I know you lose everything and have to start over, but what's the benefit of that? Or is it just a status thing?

When I first got up to the maximum level in COD4 (55 or 60?) I never thought I would flip and go prestige mode. But after awhile, I was bored. I had finished most of the challenges, and tried all the guns I wanted to try. I found my playtime dwindling down, and figured I should give prestige a shot and see what it is like.

Having all of the challenges and unlocks to do again really breathed some more life into the game, and I ended up playing it almost every day for several months after that.

I could care less about the new emblems, but I think I'm the only person who uses prestige that thinks that way.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: