http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 01:54:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 Impressions [And official GT Review]  (Read 80649 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 22, 2009, 11:29:33 PM »

My setup:

SCAR, with
Bling Pro (Heartbeat Sensor + Holographic Site)
Cold-Blooded
Ninja Pro

I also use the same kit with the AUG instead of the SCAR.

My Kill Streak Sequence is

1) UAV in Free-for-all, or Care Package in TDM

2)  Pavelow

3) Chopper Gunner

I still can't imagine not using Cold-Blooded and Ninja Pro.  Am I missing a reason everyone doesn't use this combo?  It definitely provides the greatest advantage.  The sensor also provides a huge advantage.

Eco
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:53:13 AM by Eco-Logic » Logged

Wake up.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 22, 2009, 11:39:59 PM »

Or do what I do and use cold blooded and walk fearlessly out in the open and take it down with your rocket launcher. The choppers are lucky to get one kill with
me around.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 23, 2009, 01:02:52 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on November 22, 2009, 11:29:33 PM

Am I missing a reason everyone doesn't use this combo?  It definitely provides the greatest advantage.  

Cause I ain't interested in hidin' like no sissy pansy boy! I want them to know where I am and to come for me! So that I can kill them. KILL THEM ALL!  icon_twisted icon_twisted icon_twisted
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 23, 2009, 01:03:14 AM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 22, 2009, 11:39:59 PM

Or do what I do and use cold blooded and walk fearlessly out in the open and take it down with your rocket launcher. The choppers are lucky to get one kill with
me around.

Or use Cold Blooded so you can walk around and hunt down the bad guys while they are shooting your team mates who are shooting at the air assets.

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 23, 2009, 01:57:13 AM »

Quote from: Thin_J on November 22, 2009, 10:56:41 PM

Part of it is the new killstreaks. Some of them are almost impossible to avoid a death from if you actively try to shoot them down. Typically if an AC-130 or Chopper Gunner comes in I die three or four times because I'm the only person in the damn game trying to shoot it down.

Do you have any kits with Cold Blooded to stop the kill streak aircraft from targeting you?  Even though the AC-130 and Chopper Gunner can still shoot you, you'll be a lower priority target without a giant red box around you.
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 23, 2009, 01:56:32 PM »

I'm starting to fall in love with tactical insertion.

Was playing Merc TDM on Quarry, and on that nook at the top of the ramp I'd drop a TA with my "quiet kit" (silencer & heartbeat sensor is dirty).  Killed 3-4 going down the ramp, 5th guy smacks me with the riot shield.  Pop back up quickly and knife him in the back as he's going back down.  Drop TA again, and do the same for the next 4 guys coming down the ramp.

Just a little hiccup.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 23, 2009, 01:59:07 PM »

1) It's odd the fortunes one has a in a video game. As per my last post in this thread, I was well on my way to new heights in K/D and then BAM! I get smacked back down to earth dropping .03.  After staying up OMGWAYTOOLATE to try to right the ship, I'm back up to 1.53 (and feeling it's closer to 1.54 than 1.52) and hoping to resume the climb

2) Hark just toys with people. I was on the wrong end of dual wielded Terminator Shotguns last night (not as wrong of an end as Mik  retard). His K/D had been dropping like a stone and now he's on his way back up like it was nothing.

3)  I can't figure out a good killstreak combo.  I've stayed most of this first prestige run with UAV, Care Package and Minigun and have had great successs.  Now I'm bored with it and have been trying to go with Predator, Airstrike and Attack Chopper. But for whatever reason it is almost unpossible for me to easily string together a 5 streak kill.  Aggro emo!

4) I want to try some new ARs, but man the ones I've been skipping have zippo accuracy. Not sure I'll be able to handle the change

5) Terminator Shotguns!  icon_mad
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 23, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »

Of my seven friends only one of us has a k:d over 1 and he's at 1.2. The rest of us are between 0.6 and 0.8. Those of you with k:d ratios over 1.2 are ridiculous. Although I've started ignoring my k:d ratio because I found it was in the way of me getting a higher score. I used to go 5 kills and 6 deaths because I was playing so cautiously since I didn't want to hurt my ratio. Now I'm getting 14-20 kills per round but dying 20-25 times. But I'm usually at the top of the leaderboard so I'm gaining ranks at a much quicker rate. K:D isn't really all that important, especially if you play exclusively Domination, which I do.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 23, 2009, 03:13:37 PM »

You're absolutely right. It's wholly unimportant...yet I obsess over it. OBSESS!   icon_eek
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 23, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »

I had a hilarious moment last night playing TDM on Wasteland.  Had just unlocked the W2000 sniper rifle, the little brown snubby one, so I put it in a kit with cold-blooded, ninja pro, and took it out for a spin.  I found a nice little patch of junk and grass off to one side of the map and started plinking bad guys as they came around the bend trying to do the same thing I was.  Between the sniper rifle and my backup shotgun, I racked up 5-6 kills pretty quickly. 

So I'm all pleased with my snipery self, and then I get knifed in the back.  Yeah, typical.  But I watch the killcam and that's where it gets great - the guy that took me out managed to crawl right up beside me, flat prone, basically looking in my ear.  He waited there for a good 3-4 seconds before knifing me.  I had to hand it to him once I stopped laughing, it was nicely done. 

I need to ignore my K/D ratio and just play, I have more fun.  I tend to swing wildly between doing really poor or really great.  I had many many matches over the weekend that were 5/15 messes, I think most of them (honestly) were due to just crappy lag.  I recall at least three times running around with the Striker shotgun where I dished out three point blank blasts to the face only to be shot down.  The killcam didn't show any of my shots.  Frustrating. 

XBox Live:  JNacht
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: November 23, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »

I had a lousy weekend with the MP. Thursday night I went to bed just 13 kills shy of having a K/D ratio of 1.00. When I started the evening, my ratio was down at 0.91, so I was having a really good string of games. I immediately fell in love with the M16, and figured it would be my gun until I went into prestige mode and lost everything.

Unfortunately, my skills with the M16 dropped like a rock, and I plummeted back down closer to 0.94, and now I'm 60+ kills away from the mythical 1.00 barrier. I just couldn't do anything right. I would take a defensive stance, but couldn't aim worth a shit and would get beat most of the time. I would go on the offensive, but the M16 (i.e. me) was no match for fully automatic weapons with stopping power. I thought about swapping in stopping power instead of cold blooded, but I just can't do it.

After several hours of bitching and pissing off my teammates, I decided to take a short MP break, and focus on the SP. I managed to beat that yesterday, and this morning I was right back into the MP. After one or two rounds I unlocked the ACR, which currently is a big  thumbsup. Of course my trend with this game has been to unlock a new weapon, have a good run with it for several matches, decide that it is now my weapon of choice, and then suffer until a new weapon is unlocked.

I did also unlock One Man Army and I think it is going to be a big part of my game from now on. My play style typically consists of going on the offensive at first, and then usually finding a spot to defend. The problem is I have a different kit for both offense and defense. Now with OMA, I can go on the offensive, and if I find a place I want to defend, switch to my defensive kit. I used to have all of my kits set up with different guns, but now I have them set up for different situations in the game. Early tests in MTDM were promising, and I'm looking forward to giving it a shot tonight. I also think I see the benefit of tactical insertion, and will be trying to use that a little more.

My thoughts on the SP campaign:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I ran through on the Regular difficulty, and my thoughts line up closely with previous impressions. The bottom line is that the campaign is just too short. I'm not opposed to a short 5-6 hour single player experience, especially since the meat of the game is in MP, and that is well worth the $60 by itself. But MW2 tries to deliver a very complex story, and everything just felt rushed throughout the game. I think the story had a solid foundation, but there wasn't enough effort given to fleshing out the story and the characters.

Most of that revolves around Sheperd's character, and his betrayal of the 141. I understand his motivations, but there needed to be something there to show how he did it. Was he working with Makarov the whole time, or did he just set things in motion knowing how Makarov and the Russians would respond? And why was Sheperd running Task Force 141? First he seems to be in charge of the Rangers, then he has control over a CIA operation, and then he's giving orders to Price and Soap, who are British. I didn't even realize that the 141 was a "multinational" unit until I read the wiki on the story. I spent most of the game wondering what the hell Sheperd was that he could control the Rangers, CIA, and a British special forces unit all at the same time!

I also am stunned that they had such a blatant "we want another sequel" ending. This game isn't even half over. It seems like the Russian attack has been repelled in Washington, and Sheperd is dead, but now it's time to invade Russia and get Makarov!

I think the story would have been much better had there been one or two levels before the airport mission, and one or two levels thrown in at the end to wrap up the Russian storyline.

Overall though, I did enjoy the game. There were definitely moments where I was cursing the game for having enemies seemingly pop up in random places, but most tough parts were doable once I decided to stay back and pick off bad guys as they popped up. They also added in more objective based missions that didn't rely on "clear this map of enemies to continue". And the setting of some of the Washington based levels were just incredible. Someone mentioned that they didn't like it because it felt like a Fallout 3 prequel, well that was the reason why I enjoyed them so much. There was something surreal and heart wrenching about fighting on American soil, especially storming the White House.

One more thing, the museum at the end is pretty cool. I enjoyed watching it during the credits, and was surprised to see that I could select it in the mission select screen, and run around shooting all the people.  icon_twisted Is there a point to it though? I would have enjoyed it if the plaques had text on there. With the big talk about "history is written by the victors", I was really looking forward to see how history viewed the events of the game.

I'm thinking that if I ever get fed up with the MP again, I'll go back and try to work through the campaign on Veteran. I wouldn't do it, but it seems from what Teggy is saying that it can be done if you take your time. I also am working through some of the spec ops missions. They haven't impressed me that much yet, but I've only tried them solo, so maybe working with a teammate will be better.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 23, 2009, 04:02:27 PM »

I don't remember there being mch K:D ratio talk in the World at War thread...is this just a Modern Warfare 1 thing?  I'm sure my ratio is probably shit since I'm not afraid to die for flag caps in Domination and I miss out on kills in TDM because I try to get fancy with the throwing knife or do stupid goofy riot shield experiments, but hell I just want to have fun.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 23, 2009, 04:03:52 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 23, 2009, 04:02:27 PM

I don't remember there being mch K:D ratio talk in the World at War thread...is this just a Modern Warfare 1 thing?  I'm sure my ratio is probably shit since I'm not afraid to die for flag caps in Domination and I miss out on kills in TDM because I try to get fancy with the throwing knife or do stupid goofy riot shield experiments, but hell I just want to have fun.

We definitely talked about it in WaW, because we would talk about how Fuzz used War to pad his.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 23, 2009, 04:06:14 PM »

I remember there being some talk about it, but I'm not sure if that was here or actually in game. I know it took me a long time to get the hang of W@W, and when I finally did I had a K/D ratio close to 0.75. I had a goal of bringing that up to 1.00, and it felt like a big accomplishment for me when I finally did it. In this game I'm just trying to get it up over 1.00 for my own personal reasons. I don't mind throwing myself into the meat grinder in objective games as long as it's helping the team.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 23, 2009, 04:17:38 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 23, 2009, 04:06:14 PM

I remember there being some talk about it, but I'm not sure if that was here or actually in game. I know it took me a long time to get the hang of W@W, and when I finally did I had a K/D ratio close to 0.75. I had a goal of bringing that up to 1.00, and it felt like a big accomplishment for me when I finally did it. In this game I'm just trying to get it up over 1.00 for my own personal reasons. I don't mind throwing myself into the meat grinder in objective games as long as it's helping the team.

I don't have WaW anymore - did it let you see your stats in each game type? So you could see your TDM k/d separate from your overall k/d? I don't think MW2 lets you do that. WaW also had a lobby leaderboard, IIRC.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 23, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 23, 2009, 04:17:38 PM

Quote from: msteelers on November 23, 2009, 04:06:14 PM

I don't remember there being mch K:D ratio talk in the World at War thread...is this just a Modern Warfare 1 thing?  I'm sure my ratio is probably shit since I'm not afraid to die for flag caps in Domination and I miss out on kills in TDM because I try to get fancy with the throwing knife or do stupid goofy riot shield experiments, but hell I just want to have fun.

I don't have WaW anymore - did it let you see your stats in each game type? So you could see your TDM k/d separate from your overall k/d? I don't think MW2 lets you do that. WaW also had a lobby leaderboard, IIRC.

Yep. And it's a feature that's  sorely missed by me.

I kinda feel like I'm cheating on my K/D if I go in and play FFA where it seems to be far easier to get 3.0 to 5.0 K/Ds. It'd be nice to know just how many of m kills were gotten that way.

I loved how in W@W you could check the stats of randoms you were playing against too.

The stat tracking in this game sucks.

Started working on the SCAR again last night. Man that gun kicks up like nobodies business.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:29:32 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 23, 2009, 04:41:03 PM »

Has anyone tried Danger Close Pro with the Stealth Bomber or the AC-130?  I think I'd like to see that. 
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 23, 2009, 04:44:55 PM »

I have a diliemma. I'm about 15 helicopter kills away from getting the highest Cold-Blooded achievement (I think it's work 10,000 XP). But I'm using the SCAR and since I'm getting better I always seem to run out of ammo and the rocket launcher is won't work unless I have a lock on a vehicle. So do I sacrifice my challenge and XP in favour of a secondary weapon (machine pistols)? I love how this game forces you to make difficult choices with your kit setup.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:47:59 PM by JayDee » Logged
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 23, 2009, 04:48:14 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 23, 2009, 04:44:55 PM

I have a diliemma. I'm about 15 helicopter kills away from getting the highest Cold-Blooded achievement (I think it's work 10,000 XP). But I'm using the SCAR and since I'm getting better I always seem to run out of ammo and the rocket launcher is won't work unless I have a lock on a vehicle. So do I sacrifice my challenge and XP in favour of extra ammo? I love how this game forces you to make difficult choices with your kit setup.

Take scavenger as your first perk and your problem is solved.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 23, 2009, 04:53:14 PM »

Man I've been stinking up the games lately. Can't do anything right now for almost a week. Broad sides of barns have been missed in my games lately.  mad Can't seem to find anything that works for me. Need to take a break from it I guess or get away from pubbies more.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 23, 2009, 04:57:35 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 23, 2009, 04:48:14 PM

I have a diliemma. I'm about 15 helicopter kills away from getting the highest Cold-Blooded achievement (I think it's work 10,000 XP). But I'm using the SCAR and since I'm getting better I always seem to run out of ammo and the rocket launcher is won't work unless I have a lock on a vehicle. So do I sacrifice my challenge and XP in favour of extra ammo? I love how this game forces you to make difficult choices with your kit setup.

Yep.  I always use scavenger with any fully automatic weapons as I inevitably run out of ammo.  I go with sleight-of-hand with 3-shot-burst weapons like the M16 and FAMAS, but with the SCAR, TAR21, etc, I always go with scavenger, especially if I'm noob-tubing as you get more tube ammo as well.   ninja2

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 23, 2009, 05:07:25 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on November 23, 2009, 04:53:14 PM

Broad sides of barns have been missed in my games lately.  mad

I used this expression earlier today when I couldn't hit anything. I'll relay the helpful advice I was given.

"Lucky for you there are no barns on this map." AND "Shoot the people, not the barn".

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 23, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »

Then how are you supposed to get bullet penetration kills?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 23, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »

How many of you are playing the Spec Ops missions?  I finally had a chance to do the AC-130 one (in the Beta group) with a friend last night, and it was a phenomenal experience.  One of you plays as the gunner in the plane, and the other has to make their way through farm country teeming with enemies; the distance that the ground player has to travel varies with the difficulty, and after about 10 tries we managed to beat it on veteran with me raining down death from above.

On the attempts where I was the guy down below, it was absolutely exhilarating hearing "Wait - guys in the building up ahead," from my friend, then seeing the place absolutely explode from cannon fire.  "Okay - clear."
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 23, 2009, 05:50:29 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on November 23, 2009, 05:48:39 PM

How many of you are playing the Spec Ops missions?  I finally had a chance to do the AC-130 one (in the Beta group) with a friend last night, and it was a phenomenal experience.  One of you plays as the gunner in the plane, and the other has to make their way through farm country teeming with enemies; the distance that the ground player has to travel varies with the difficulty, and after about 10 tries we managed to beat it on veteran with me raining down death from above.

On the attempts where I was the guy down below, it was absolutely exhilarating hearing "Wait - guys in the building up ahead," from my friend, then seeing the place absolutely explode from cannon fire.  "Okay - clear."

That's a great one for sure. There's one where one of you is a blackhawk gunner. It's very cool too.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: November 23, 2009, 05:53:26 PM »

The Blackhawk one was fun too, but it took quite a few attempts before we slowed down enough to finish it - at first, we were moving from building to building so quickly that the gunner couldn't assist with enough of the enemies as the chopper circles back around.  They give you 9 minutes on veteran for a reason. slywink
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 23, 2009, 05:56:34 PM »

I played a couple of Spec Ops missions where you traverse a bridge. It seems it may have been something that was taken out of the single player, because when you get halfway, the bridge collapses and you get attacked by a helicopter. One really fun variant has you having to destroy every vehicle on the bridge. Every time you blow up 5 vehicles you get infinite ammo, which includes RPG, grenade launcher, C4, etc.

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 23, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 23, 2009, 04:57:35 PM

Quote from: msteelers on November 23, 2009, 04:48:14 PM

Yep.  I always use scavenger with any fully automatic weapons as I inevitably run out of ammo.  I go with sleight-of-hand with 3-shot-burst weapons like the M16 and FAMAS, but with the SCAR, TAR21, etc, I always go with scavenger, especially if I'm noob-tubing as you get more tube ammo as well.   ninja2

But then I have to give up Bling which means I have to go without my ACOG scope or my silencer!!! See what I mean? Choices, choices.....
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 23, 2009, 06:38:42 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 23, 2009, 06:36:09 PM

But then I have to give up Bling which means I have to go without my ACOG scope or my silencer!!! See what I mean? Choices, choices.....

Since you only need to get 15 more kills or so with the stinger, you should be able to get by without either the silencer or the ACOG for a couple of matches. I would say get rid of the ACOG, but only if you can still fire with the iron sites.

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 23, 2009, 08:19:15 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 23, 2009, 03:52:18 PM

I'm thinking that if I ever get fed up with the MP again, I'll go back and try to work through the campaign on Veteran. I wouldn't do it, but it seems from what Teggy is saying that it can be done if you take your time.

Go for it... I can tell you Veteran in MW2 is waaaaaaaay easier than CoD4.  It's totally doable and actually very fair now, I think they got the perfect balance for the hardest difficulty.

There's only one part of one level that is kinda baloney, but other than Veteran is very fun.
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 23, 2009, 08:21:31 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on November 23, 2009, 05:48:39 PM

Played that with a buddy last night, and you're right it's a blast.  I love how different the experience is depending on which part you're playing.  

We also played the stealth mission where you're sneaking through the winter forest with all the K9 patrols.  That was almost better, we took turns spotting different groups and taking them out.  It was awesome to divvy up the guards, then count down "3...2...1...<plink> <plink>".  Playing through the missions where you're just two guys taking on the baddies is fun, but the missions with that kind of interdependence are just flat-out awesome.  

XBox Live:  JNacht
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 23, 2009, 08:22:13 PM »

Your K:D ratio is actually one of the highest on my friends list.  Last I looked you were around 1.5 or so.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 23, 2009, 08:29:17 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on November 23, 2009, 08:19:15 PM

I'm thinking that if I ever get fed up with the MP again, I'll go back and try to work through the campaign on Veteran. I wouldn't do it, but it seems from what Teggy is saying that it can be done if you take your time.

Go for it... I can tell you Veteran in MW2 is waaaaaaaay easier than CoD4.  It's totally doable and actually very fair now, I think they got the perfect balance for the hardest difficulty.

There's only one part of one level that is kinda baloney, but other than Veteran is very fun.

Which part gave you the most trouble?

For me
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Favela climb was really annoying, but I played it straight. The only point I feel I cheesed it a little was during the second to last mission, where you are in the cave with Price and a ton of guys come in with laser sights. I ran back and hid behind some pipes and took out guys the best I could, because every time I tried to outflank them I would get mowed down. Getting out of the estate was also a bit of a pain. I jumped out the back window and hugged the fence most of the way, then I hung back and let Ghost do most of the work. The one area I was really concerned about was the locker room breach in the prison, but that wound up not being bad at all. I took cover by the lockers after I got in, took out a bunch of guys in the balconies, and when the riot shields showed up, I launched about 5 noob tube grenades right down the middle and they were pretty much taken care of.

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 23, 2009, 08:30:44 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 23, 2009, 02:49:00 PM

Of my seven friends only one of us has a k:d over 1 and he's at 1.2. The rest of us are between 0.6 and 0.8. Those of you with k:d ratios over 1.2 are ridiculous.

I still have one person on my list that's maintained over a 2.0 since release. He's been as high as 2.6, and has now settled in the 2.1-2.3 area. He has more kills than I do at this point, so he's played a fair amount.

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 23, 2009, 03:13:37 PM

You're absolutely right. It's wholly unimportant...yet I obsess over it. OBSESS!   icon_eek

I did in the last one, but I'm starting to care less. What's pissing me off is my win/loss ratio dropped below 1.0 for the first time ever. That's what I get for playing too many games without a group from my friends list I guess.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 23, 2009, 08:33:45 PM »

I was just messing around with the FAMAS + Stopping Power a little and it was working decent for me. Get the crack-shot aiming down pat and it could be awesome.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 23, 2009, 09:04:32 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 23, 2009, 08:29:17 PM

Quote from: KePoW on November 23, 2009, 08:19:15 PM

Go for it... I can tell you Veteran in MW2 is waaaaaaaay easier than CoD4.  It's totally doable and actually very fair now, I think they got the perfect balance for the hardest difficulty.

Which part gave you the most trouble?

For me
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Favela climb was really annoying, but I played it straight. The only point I feel I cheesed it a little was during the second to last mission, where you are in the cave with Price and a ton of guys come in with laser sights. I ran back and hid behind some pipes and took out guys the best I could, because every time I tried to outflank them I would get mowed down. Getting out of the estate was also a bit of a pain. I jumped out the back window and hugged the fence most of the way, then I hung back and let Ghost do most of the work. The one area I was really concerned about was the locker room breach in the prison, but that wound up not being bad at all. I took cover by the lockers after I got in, took out a bunch of guys in the balconies, and when the riot shields showed up, I launched about 5 noob tube grenades right down the middle and they were pretty much taken care of.

Good discussion hehe.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Favela and the Afghan cave were not too much trouble... I knew those areas had a bunch of enemies, so I took it VERY slow and made sure to kill every single guy.  Doing it that way made it fine.  And you're right, the Gulag was not bad either.  Just kill all the upper balcony guys and use the pro pipe on the floor guys.

For me it was the Estate escape.  I tried taking it slow, but that didn't seem to work well at all.  Tons of enemies spawned behind you and there is very little cover in the grass field.  So I tried the mad dash method, and that got me killed like 20+ times haha.  In the end, I finally did what you did... hug the left side and found out Ghost seemed to be an invincible killing machine.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 23, 2009, 09:06:52 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 23, 2009, 01:59:07 PM

1) It's odd the fortunes one has a in a video game. As per my last post in this thread, I was well on my way to new heights in K/D and then BAM! I get smacked back down to earth dropping .03.  After staying up OMGWAYTOOLATE to try to right the ship, I'm back up to 1.53 (and feeling it's closer to 1.54 than 1.52) and hoping to resume the climb

2) Hark just toys with people. I was on the wrong end of dual wielded Terminator Shotguns last night (not as wrong of an end as Mik  retard). His K/D had been dropping like a stone and now he's on his way back up like it was nothing.

3)  I can't figure out a good killstreak combo.  I've stayed most of this first prestige run with UAV, Care Package and Minigun and have had great successs.  Now I'm bored with it and have been trying to go with Predator, Airstrike and Attack Chopper. But for whatever reason it is almost unpossible for me to easily string together a 5 streak kill.  Aggro emo!

4) I want to try some new ARs, but man the ones I've been skipping have zippo accuracy. Not sure I'll be able to handle the change

5) Terminator Shotguns!  icon_mad

the shotguns are very good to me...
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 23, 2009, 09:13:59 PM »

I ignore win/loss ratio.  we back out to pick people up and get dropped enough times that it's irrelevant.

I do miss the stats being separated by game type though.  IW really missed the ball on this one.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 23, 2009, 09:15:21 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 23, 2009, 09:13:59 PM

I ignore win/loss ratio.  we back out to pick people up and get dropped enough times that it's irrelevant.

Yeah win/loss ratio means nothing, the way it's set up.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 23, 2009, 09:28:24 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 23, 2009, 09:06:52 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 23, 2009, 01:59:07 PM

1) It's odd the fortunes one has a in a video game. As per my last post in this thread, I was well on my way to new heights in K/D and then BAM! I get smacked back down to earth dropping .03.  After staying up OMGWAYTOOLATE to try to right the ship, I'm back up to 1.53 (and feeling it's closer to 1.54 than 1.52) and hoping to resume the climb

2) Hark just toys with people. I was on the wrong end of dual wielded Terminator Shotguns last night (not as wrong of an end as Mik  retard). His K/D had been dropping like a stone and now he's on his way back up like it was nothing.

3)  I can't figure out a good killstreak combo.  I've stayed most of this first prestige run with UAV, Care Package and Minigun and have had great successs.  Now I'm bored with it and have been trying to go with Predator, Airstrike and Attack Chopper. But for whatever reason it is almost unpossible for me to easily string together a 5 streak kill.  Aggro emo!

5) Terminator Shotguns!  icon_mad

the shotguns are very good to me...

Hey, didn't you have a photo of the time I beat you?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: