http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 05:19:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 Impressions [And official GT Review]  (Read 79230 times)
pingwrx
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 20, 2009, 12:14:15 AM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 19, 2009, 06:58:41 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on November 19, 2009, 06:31:37 PM

we had great success with this in previous games.  If 100% of the team had cold blooded we could ignore almost all the killstreaks completely

I'm I right in saying that cold blooded makes it so that aircraft and sentry guns cannot see you, as well as being invisible on a UAV? If so, I need to change out some of my kits.

I always use cold blooded you can walk right up to a sentry gun and just knife it bye bye sentry gun.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 20, 2009, 12:51:11 AM »

Quote from: pingwrx on November 20, 2009, 12:14:15 AM

I always use cold blooded you can walk right up to a sentry gun and just knife it bye bye sentry gun.

Wow, that explains why it seemed that our side always seemed to have so many sentry guns. Some were enemy, they just never fired.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 20, 2009, 09:43:33 AM »

For my playstyle, I'm more successful when i pick perks and weapons that make me harder to kill, rather than picking a kit that focuses on pure damage.

Depending on the map i usually have:

1. Silenced weapon with heartbeat tracker
2. Bling perk
3. Cold blooded perk
4. Ninja perk

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 20, 2009, 02:01:50 PM »

not sure what happened to the friend list we used to have but could i get some invites to GT people on XBOX live DrifterX22 on live
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 20, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 20, 2009, 09:43:33 AM

For my playstyle, I'm more successful when i pick perks and weapons that make me harder to kill, rather than picking a kit that focuses on pure damage.

2. Bling perk
3. Cold blooded perk
4. Ninja perk

What is your playstyle?  I've played many matches with you and I can't tell what yours is.  icon_lol

However, based on your perks, I guess I'm the exact opposite as I prefer to mete out the most possible damage.  I'm concentrated aggression with some basic tactical go tos (flanking, moving from cover to cover, and the occaisional choke point defense).  I don't have the patience to sit in one spot.

In almost all cases I have:

1. Scavenger
2. Stopping Power
3. Steady Aim
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: November 20, 2009, 03:07:01 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 20, 2009, 02:03:50 PM

2. Bling perk
3. Cold blooded perk
4. Ninja perk

What is your playstyle?  I've played many matches with you and I can't tell what yours is.  icon_lol

Kill Teggy style.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 20, 2009, 03:16:56 PM »

I look at how I get most of my kills, and can't help but choose perks that would protect me from a me on the other team.

Most of the time I kill red dots that appear on radar, so I need cold blooded. Most of my kits are silenced as well.

Who do I kill with my kill streaks?  Giant red boxes. Again need cold blooded.

Who do I kill with my thermal scope sniper kit?  Shining white "shoot me" signs. Cold blooded again.

Most of my close range kills are from footsteps. With surround sound I can pinpoint anyone moving nearby without crouching, holding iron sights, or using Ninja Pro. So I have Ninja Pro on almost every kit. Being invisible on heartbeat sensors is just a bonus.

So that's perk 2 and 3. Perk 1 it's really hard to resist Scavenger Pro so I can both forget about ammo amounts and use Stingers, grenades, and equipment as much as I want. Unlimited claymores?  Reapply insertion point flares as often as I want? Reusable throwing knives? Yes, please!

Bling setups are always alluring but I inevitably run out of ammo and have to loot weapons from kills which either gets me killed as I'm grabbing a new weapon and reloading it or if I survive that mynew gun has like one clip left and I have to keep looking for a new weapon instead of focusing on fighting.

I do want to try Sitrep Pro since I hear it makes Ninjas footsteps sound as loud as regular footsteps and regular footsteps four times louder, but that one's a pain to unlock since you have to destroy X claymores and insertion points, both of which are rarely used.  Though I could probably unlock it in 20 minutes if I had Jarrod on the other team...  
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 20, 2009, 03:48:57 PM »

I unlocked the ACR rifle yesterday and it was a revelation. No muzzle rise on full auto, good damage and a decent amount of ammo. In the evening I got in some time and jumped into Express Team Deathmatch to build up some time with the ACR and did great. One match I had a 33-6 ratio, far better than I've done before. I thought for me the answer would be using LMGs, but now I'm not so sure. It is just a damn sweet rifle  icon_biggrin

For Perks 2 and 3 I'm using Cold Blooded and Ninja. I've tried others, but my play style is to not move as much as others, so I have to be able to hide from UAVs and other nasties. Also that means that except for the occasional match and map where the enemy obligingly keeps moving into my field of fire (I'm thinking Sub Base here) I won't be racking up high scores for the team, but this way at least I keep my deaths down as well.

Perk 1 is not as clear cut. I have been using Bling once I have a couple of attachments, but for some weapons this means I risk running out of ammo. Scavenger is a great item to counter this, and especially so if you use claymores, since you can have two active at once. Also useful if you have the grenade launcher. However, for LMGs Bling works better since you can have the grip and a sight, and I never seem to run out of ammo before I die with an LMG. Full auto rifles tend to be a different story.

One attachment I don't seem to do as well with is the silencer. I noted this again with the ACR. Shots that would have netted me kills with the silencer off sometimes didn't happen with it on. Since my reactions are slower than most players (and most inanimate objects as well icon_frown) I can't afford to have to put in that extra bullet or two. So the silencer is a no go. I'm just moving after shooting.

I really like the heartbeat sensor, now that I understand how to use it properly. Again, to equip with the sensor and a good sight I have to use Bling and therefore no Scavenger. I end up using the red dot or holographic sight, the ACOG and thermal being nice but are too restrictive to the field of view.

Last night I had several matches against opponents who fielded two guys with riot shields. I still suck at dealing with this situation. I know semtex is a good option, but I really like my claymore. And I did stop them one time from moving by dropping the claymore in front of them. I don't know if it really can kill them because I turned around and ran!

My other carry is dual flashbangs. I find these are useful for scouting. Pitch one into a building or behind a corner and if you get the "X" indication you know someone is back there.

And there's the secondary weapon. I was carrying a stinger, but I tend to die too often looking up to the sky. And since with Cold Blooded the air assets can't see me (right?) I will ignore them. I tried the Thump Gun but the damn time delay from trigger pull to firing is too annoying. So I think I'm just going for a semi-auto pistol as a last resort weapon.

Finally there's the kill streak rewards. I tend to keep mine down at the 3,4,5 level since it's unlikely I'll be racking up more than those numbers. However, I seem to be getting ambushed a lot waiting for a crate to drop. So I'm selecting non-crate options for now.

I'll be online this afternoon and probably this evening as well, so shoot me an invite if you need an extra team mate. Remember that now my privacy is set to Friends Only so if there's someone on the team that isn't on my Friends List I'll send them a request or they can do so first.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 20, 2009, 04:35:18 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 20, 2009, 03:48:57 PM

Finally there's the kill streak rewards. I tend to keep mine down at the 3,4,5 level since it's unlikely I'll be racking up more than those numbers.

Not only that, I find that the risk reward for the higher levels is not worth it- especially since helicopters/jets can be shot down with one stinger (they need to fix that).  I love that on 3 I get a UAV, 4 a care package (Let's Make a Deal!) and 5 a turret.  Then I usually get killed and start over again.

My longest kill streak is 14.  In COD4 it was 26. I don't see myself getting near that in this game as it's just far more lethal.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 20, 2009, 04:40:31 PM »

Ya, I don't bother with any killstreaks over 5. My longest is 10 and besides that I think I got 6+ just one other time. That's why I like the care package so much, it's a chance to use the big toys that I would never be able to use via normal means.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 20, 2009, 04:50:48 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 20, 2009, 04:35:18 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 20, 2009, 03:48:57 PM

Finally there's the kill streak rewards. I tend to keep mine down at the 3,4,5 level since it's unlikely I'll be racking up more than those numbers.

Not only that, I find that the risk reward for the higher levels is not worth it- especially since helicopters/jets can be shot down with one stinger (they need to fix that).

Hell no they don't!

And I am not just saying this because I shoot down a lot of harriers and copters. You can get an AC-130/Pave Low/Chopper Gunner/Cobra at 4 kills from a care package. You couldn't even get an airstrike until 5 kills in COD4. This means that there is death from the sky all the time during the game and there has to be an easy way to counter it or the games will consist more of hiding indoors or getting mowed down from the sky than actually trying to shoot the enemy.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:58:34 PM by Teggy » Logged

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 20, 2009, 04:50:53 PM »

Do sentry gun kills count toward killstreaks?

Also, with the emergency drop, does it spread them over the map or drop them all in one place?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:53:07 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 20, 2009, 04:53:39 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 20, 2009, 04:50:53 PM

Also, with the emergency drop, does it spread them over the map or drop them all in one place?

If you get it from a killstreak, I think so. Not from a care package.

The emergency drop winds up in one place, hence how I wound up getting 3 dropped on the other side of a fence  icon_evil

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 20, 2009, 05:06:10 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 20, 2009, 04:53:39 PM

The emergency drop winds up in one place, hence how I wound up getting 3 dropped on the other side of a fence  icon_evil

And are they all quick open (when they're yours) and do they all stack? So If you call in an emergency drop, get a uav, a sentry gun, a predator and a pavelow, do you get them all...cause if so, I'm changing out my kill streaks!

Does it take longer for it to arrive?  What are the drawbacks here?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 20, 2009, 05:11:17 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 20, 2009, 05:06:10 PM

Quote from: Teggy on November 20, 2009, 04:53:39 PM

The emergency drop winds up in one place, hence how I wound up getting 3 dropped on the other side of a fence  icon_evil

And are they all quick open (when they're yours) and do they all stack? So If you call in an emergency drop, get a uav, a sentry gun, a predator and a pavelow, do you get them all...cause if so, I'm changing out my kill streaks!

Does it take longer for it to arrive?  What are the drawbacks here?

I think they are all quick open for you, they are definitely slower for your teammates (I have opened some for teammates). I think they come in a little slower because it is a plane that drops them, not a helicopter, but it's not severe. Yes, you can stack them, although you can't decide what order to trigger them (I assume it's like LIFO or something based on how you pick them up). You can get them all, although it make sense to give some to your team because you will be sitting out in the open opening packages.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 20, 2009, 05:17:08 PM »

The main downside is that the UAV will fall within reach while the two AC-130s and the Pave Low end up outside the map and on an inaccessible rooftop, respectively.

But aside from the issues with drop location (they should just let you pick a location and drop direction like the precision airstrike) the main problem is that the enemy gets really interested in trying to intercept the drop and it's a bigger liability if it gets stolen since they're going to be better items than the average regular supply drop and there's four of them. Best to alert a buddy or two about the drop so you can all defend he area and grab the packages more quickly.
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 20, 2009, 05:19:43 PM »

Funny, I usually don't take any kill streak lower than 5.  There are games where I don't get to call in anything, but can still get a positive K/D (or horribly negative).  I like to do the 5/7/11 because if I can get to 5, the missle can usually get me 1 if not 2.  If 2, there's my Harrier strike.  If my Harrier gets 2 on the bombing, and 1 on the hovering jet, then it only takes 1 patient kill to get my chopper gunner.

However, I do change to the lower killstreaks when I play team deathmatch, and use the higher ones on domination and ground war (more people to get hit by the missle/harrier/chopper gunner, hence my 38 streak).

I fell out of love with the care package early, I spend a lot of time sneaking around and stick to buildings.  I'd rather not pop out to throw the flare.  It would be a cool concept to have the supply drops add to kill streaks for other players than the person who dropped it, but an actual team working together could get the nuke fairly quickly.

Just a little hiccup.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 20, 2009, 06:08:44 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 20, 2009, 02:03:50 PM

2. Bling perk
3. Cold blooded perk
4. Ninja perk

What is your playstyle?  I've played many matches with you and I can't tell what yours is.  icon_lol

However, based on your perks, I guess I'm the exact opposite as I prefer to mete out the most possible damage.  I'm concentrated aggression with some basic tactical go tos (flanking, moving from cover to cover, and the occaisional choke point defense).  I don't have the patience to sit in one spot.

In almost all cases I have:

1. Scavenger
2. Stopping Power
3. Steady Aim

My style is "Asian One-Eyed Pirate" style \ /

But really, I rarely stay still. I prefer to hunt by flanking, or chasing after Airdrops.  I attack the other team head-on in maps like Scrapyard and Terminal.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 06:10:26 PM by USMC Kato » Logged

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 21, 2009, 01:21:13 AM »

I finished up the game on Veteran. That alone should tell you how much different the game is from the previous versions.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 21, 2009, 04:43:55 AM »

So what do you guys find yourself using after the SCAR? I can't seem to do anything right if I'm not using that gun lately. I've been trying the UMP and the TAR(I think). I was tearing it up 2 days ago and now I can't do anything properly.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: November 21, 2009, 07:02:58 AM »

Quote from: Kagath on November 21, 2009, 04:43:55 AM

So what do you guys find yourself using after the SCAR? I can't seem to do anything right if I'm not using that gun lately. I've been trying the UMP and the TAR(I think). I was tearing it up 2 days ago and now I can't do anything properly.

M4 was the first gun I got 1000 kills with. Right now I'm working on the ACR. Good damage and far less recoil than the scar.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 21, 2009, 10:33:38 AM »

Well I have to take back my doomsayer post eariler in this thread, I just spent many hours playing with GT'ers and friends and it was really a blast.  My style is to move slow and die quick, every once in awhile an enemy will take pity on me and fail to finish me off with one shot thus allowing me a few meager kills.  I must say the the Afghan map with Hark sporting a shield did net me most of my kills, the tango's would target him and I'd come along and pop em, very fun.  I actually had a few games where my kills exceeded my deaths but those were pretty far in between, I have no idea what my k/d ratio is at the moment, probably 0.11 or something like that.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 21, 2009, 03:22:45 PM »

Teg's warning about the emerg drop summoning the enemy like ants is true. I've had the good fortune to call in 4 of them and on my latest i got killed just as I was moving toward the drop. The other team got 3 of the 4 crates...but used them to ill effect.

I'm gonna stick with this killstreak set up though:

5. Predator
6. airstrike
8. emerg drop
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 21, 2009, 05:18:50 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on November 21, 2009, 04:43:55 AM

I despise the SCAR's lack of range and its recoil, but I at least used it enough to unlock 8 of its 10 attachments.  Right now I'm loving the M16.  The 3-shot-burst helps me to conserve ammo and that allows me to use the sleight-of-hand pro perk with super-fast reloads and aiming (rather than my usual Scavenger for guns that practically bleed ammo).  It has great damage, little recoil, and excellent range.  Earlier in the game I liked the FAMAS, but the M16 blows it out of the water.  For me at least.  I haven't even tried a single SMG yet.  Actually, I don't think I've tried anything outside of the assault rifle class. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 21, 2009, 05:56:45 PM »

Anyone like using a pro pipe?  (grenade launcher attachment)
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 21, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on November 21, 2009, 05:56:45 PM

I complete the grenade launcher challenge with every weapon I use.  Do I "like" using it?  Sometimes.  But I mainly use it to unlock the next attachment (shotgun attachment) and move on.  But I guess I used it enough to earn the title "Noob Toober" which has a picture of a fully-loaded hot dog.  Yes, I am the Noob Toober.   ninja2

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 21, 2009, 08:07:05 PM »

Man that "Pit Boss" achievement was tough.  I had earned the obstacle course time achievement in COD4 and really wanted to do the same in MW2.  Took me about an hour of consecutive tries but I finally managed to get it at 29 seconds flat.   ninja2

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 21, 2009, 08:12:27 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 21, 2009, 06:03:08 PM

Quote from: KePoW on November 21, 2009, 05:56:45 PM

I complete the grenade launcher challenge with every weapon I use.  Do I "like" using it?  Sometimes.  But I mainly use it to unlock the next attachment (shotgun attachment) and move on.  But I guess I used it enough to earn the title "Noob Toober" which has a picture of a fully-loaded hot dog.  Yes, I am the Noob Toober.   ninja2

LOL... what's a noob tube?

It's a Pro Pipe  slywink
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 21, 2009, 09:59:34 PM »

Well, thats it - I'm getting rid of my copy. I simply dont have the patience to play a game that rewards people *that* much for playing it all the time. There's no fun (for me) when I spend 30 minutes 2-3 times a week trying to play.

I think I'll go play some BF:BC2 instead where I actually have a shot of being good :-)

A new one
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 21, 2009, 10:46:11 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on November 21, 2009, 10:33:38 AM

Well I have to take back my doomsayer post eariler in this thread, I just spent many hours playing with GT'ers and friends and it was really a blast. .

Great! It was nice playing with you. Don't be afraid of the mic, though, no matter how much jackassery you hear from the rest of us. slywink
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 22, 2009, 12:56:28 AM »

Thanks for the invites to the games was fun.  BTW if I join a game and I sound like I am 9 that would be my son; he plays on my gamer tag.  Also if I stare at the ground, follow people (while doing nothing), or find something shiney to follow on the map - thats also (most likely) my son.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 22, 2009, 05:38:28 AM »

Well, this sucks. I unlocked Mastery of the ACR by getting my 40 FMJ penetration kills. That unlocks extended magazines so I think, hey great, more bullets. Not so. Instead of three 30 round mags (one in the gun), you get two 45 round mags. Same number of bullets. What a waste of time that was  thumbsdown

Oh, and to Pete. My local Little Phillys shop will make your cheese-steak with Cheese-Wiz, although I prefer provolone. And he has great bread, which he has shipped in every day from South Jersey. No wonder they are so expensive!

And by the way, my wife who lived in that area for several years, says the best cheese-steaks come from Camden  icon_biggrin

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 22, 2009, 06:53:37 AM »

I suck at this game...........ALOT! But still great fun indeed. Anyone else play this on ps3 here? Or just me???
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 22, 2009, 07:27:20 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 22, 2009, 05:38:28 AM

Well, this sucks. I unlocked Mastery of the ACR by getting my 40 FMJ penetration kills. That unlocks extended magazines so I think, hey great, more bullets. Not so. Instead of three 30 round mags (one in the gun), you get two 45 round mags. Same number of bullets. What a waste of time that was  thumbsdown

Oh, and to Pete. My local Little Phillys shop will make your cheese-steak with Cheese-Wiz, although I prefer provolone. And he has great bread, which he has shipped in every day from South Jersey. No wonder they are so expensive!

And by the way, my wife who lived in that area for several years, says the best cheese-steaks come from Camden  icon_biggrin

I LOVE the extended mags. not dying due to reloads is awesome
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 22, 2009, 02:34:49 PM »

I've switched back to the care package.  The number of single care packages I was passing up in order to try to get 4 at a time more than outweighs what I would have gotten with 4 packaged drop.

It was SO hilarious when you guys all came out in riot shields. We all got a laugh out of that.

And wonderpug tore me to pieces last night in that one round.

After that I hooked up with nonnahob, unclesmoothie, egotrip and mikagmi and we did a pretty good job of pwning fools.

K/D sits at 1.55 which is the highest it's been since the precipitous drop on day two from 1.75.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: November 22, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 22, 2009, 05:38:28 AM

Good bread is one of the most important parts of the sandwich. 

And yet she doesn't wonder why they're called Philly cheesesteaks?  Have you ever heard them called "Camden Cheesesteaks"? 

Noobs.   icon_wink

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 22, 2009, 06:41:01 PM »

Had a great time just playing solo TDME this morning. I don't know if it is the weapon itself or if I am just playing smarter, but when I went from the ACR back to the SCAR, things just started clicking. I also gave up Bling in favor of Scavenger. I am using FMJ until I get the gun fully unlocked, but I think that my ideal config in the future will be:

SCAR with silencer (maybe extended mags)
Scavenger Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

I got my first 10 kill streak this morning and raised my k/d to .76 (I think it was .70 on Friday).

I have been using UAV-Predator-Attack Heli as killstreak, but I may change the heli to Pave Low, because generally the attack heli is getting shot down very quickly. I called in three this morning, 2 got shot down immediately, the other got 2 kills before being shot down.

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 22, 2009, 06:48:44 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 22, 2009, 06:41:01 PM

....because generally the attack heli is getting shot down very quickly. I called in three this morning, 2 got shot down immediately, the other got 2 kills before being shot down.

Now you know how the rest of us feel when you're helicopter skeet-shooting.   icon_wink

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 22, 2009, 07:36:13 PM »

I finally found the ideal kit for my playstyle.

SCAR
Red-dot sight
Sleight of Hand
Cold-Blooded
Ninja
Tactical Insertion
Stun Grenades

The SCAR with tactical insertion (TI) have changed my life. There is nothing better than dropping a TI around a corner before charging into a firefight, getting a couple of kills, dying, and then respawning just as your enemies run around the corner. Then it's knifey-knifey in the back. I haven't had a single game with a k:d less than 1 with this setup.

The only reason I'm still using Sleight of Hand is because I'm 30 kills away with it from getting 10,000XP. Then I will go with Bling to get both the red dot and silencer. Then I'll be an unstoppable killing machine. Or at least that's the plan.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 22, 2009, 10:56:41 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 22, 2009, 02:34:49 PM

K/D sits at 1.55 which is the highest it's been since the precipitous drop on day two from 1.75.

I'm having a much tougher time with MW2. It was at 1.95ish for most of the first night I had the game, then dropped all the way down into the 1.4 area after the second night. Climbed back up to 1.8, and am now back in the 1.6ish area.

Given all that I'd say if I play it as many hours as I did the last one I'll probably come in the 1.6-1.7 range average.

Part of it is the new killstreaks. Some of them are almost impossible to avoid a death from if you actively try to shoot them down. Typically if an AC-130 or Chopper Gunner comes in I die three or four times because I'm the only person in the damn game trying to shoot it down.

I think I need to give up shooting down killstreaks in pubbie games and just hide in a building like the rest of the sackless douchebags.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: