http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 11:53:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 Impressions [And official GT Review]  (Read 79334 times)
godhugh
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: November 19, 2009, 12:28:57 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on November 18, 2009, 11:19:23 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 18, 2009, 10:57:12 PM

Just letting folks know that I've changed my privacy settings to Friends Only, so if you aren't on my Friends list, I can't hear you. Just too many annoying people on XBL and MW2 right now.

no shit, first game i join is 4 people yelling into their mics. back the fuck out of that one quick. think i'll stick to playing at 2am when the 12 year olds aren't online

Just mute them and then kill them. It takes less time to mute 6 people then it does to back out and find a new lobby.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 19, 2009, 01:41:51 AM »

Well just fired up the game and started a private MP game so I could look around a couple of maps.  Just for fun on the airport level I decided I would shoot any plants that I ran across for aiming practice and it reminded me again of why I don't buy these games, I can't even hit a stationary plant when I'm only a few yards away.  I'm hesitant to join an open game but I may decide to get my feet wet and give others some easy kills.  Dragon Age is calling me though so I'm not sure how long I'll last in MP.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 19, 2009, 01:49:52 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 18, 2009, 10:04:43 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on November 18, 2009, 10:02:12 PM

People used Sniper rifles on Vacant so I'm not sure there is such a thing.

Yeah, well...they were just dumb.  Truthiness!

Some of my best killstreaks involved the .50 and smaller maps. People didn't know how to deal with somebody that had a solid grasp on how to use one of those things.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 19, 2009, 01:57:26 AM »

Ok just jumped in for a quick MP game, I'm surprised I got 2 kills but not at all surprised I managed to die 8 times as well that should be a great k/d ratio for me to build on.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 19, 2009, 04:03:33 AM »

Very up and down day today. Mostly down. However, a strong final couple of matches has be back to within .01 of where I started tonight.  I'm currently sitting at 1.53.

And Harkonis has broken the 3 day barrier.   icon_eek retard icon_eek eek
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 19, 2009, 04:51:20 AM »

agreed. I sucked big donkey d*ck tonight. Felt like I had a big red light on my helmet saying "plant predator missile here"

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 19, 2009, 06:04:55 AM »

It must be contagious since I sucked all day long as well. Yesterday I was tearing it up but today...  mad

Anyone else have some trouble finding games quickly today? I also had it showing 0/0 for the people on the lists as well.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 19, 2009, 06:10:53 AM »

Well, no idea how I might have done tonight.  Mediacom was having major issues so I only managed to play one MP match to completion.

Hopefully will be fixed by the time I'm off work and can play.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 19, 2009, 06:57:43 AM »

Well I'm just not getting any good vibe with this game so I've put it up for sale after 15 minutes and one MP session.  I realized that while you are all planning load outs and kill streak perks and other arcane stuff, I'm just spawning in a location, stumbling around and then dying.  In other words it is the exact same game as the last one for me, there is no way I'm going to spend the time to advance past the beginner stage so all the enhancements and tactics are wasted on me.  Best of luck on those Geezer nites eh?  I'm not even a Geezer anymore, just a "Hey you kids! Get off of my lawn!!" stick in the mud.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 19, 2009, 07:01:24 AM »

Played a short while last nght, domination on a map I think is called Scrapyard..ugh - hated it, I died almost instantly due to too many people on too small a map!

btw Hark, sorry I didnt respond to your invite - was about to go to bed, but please dont stop sending invites. someday I *will* be able to join you for a good game :-)

A new one
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 19, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »

Anyone finding the competition a lot tougher in the past couple of days? It's like everyone figured out how to be awesome all at once. My k:d has plummetted from 0.79 to 0.74.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 19, 2009, 02:53:24 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 19, 2009, 02:12:07 PM

Anyone finding the competition a lot tougher in the past couple of days? It's like everyone figured out how to be awesome all at once. My k:d has plummetted from 0.79 to 0.74.

Actually for me it's been the opposite.  Last night was my best night in a while playing FFA.  That probably has more to do with unlocking Bling than anything else though.  My last game I was 30/12 on Highrise, which had been one of my worst maps.  Even with that success, my K/D only went up by .2.  icon_frown

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 19, 2009, 03:10:40 PM »

'Modern Warfare 2' rakes in $550 million in first five days besting previous record holder GTA IV by $50 million.

The amount of online activity on Xbox Live is equally astonishing. Citing statistics from Microsoft, Activision says more 5.2 million online multiplayer hours were logged and 11 million achievements unlocked on the first day. Also, more than 2.2 million unique players tried the game at launch.

Bolding mine.  eek
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 19, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »

While in the shower this morning, I thought of a neat idea for a perk.  It would be called something like "Marker".  When equipped, either shooting or being killed by someone would light them up on everyone's radar briefly, maybe for 5-10 seconds.  Just long enough that the super-stealth guy sneaking around with Ninja, Cold Blooded, and a silencer can never feel that he's perfectly invisible to radar, but short enough that he won't be lit up constantly.  

I also think it'd be fun sometime to get a whole team together using full stealth loadouts and go against pubbies.  I'd love to hear the team chatter when they keep putting up UAVs only to have absolutely nobody show up on radar.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 19, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »

The past few days I had been taking more of an offensive approach. I was running around like mad with the akimbo P90's, and also always on the prowl with either the AUG LMG or some type of assault rifle. At first it was working well, but I had been getting stomped on a regular basis yesterday. This morning I got on and was playing with my brother, and he was complaining about how he can't seem to win any one-on-one fight either. As soon as he pops his head out, someone would shoot him. So we decided to take a more defensive approach. Pick a building, defend it, and make them come to us. At first it was just the two of us, and it still didn't work out so well. But we switched to Invasion, and quickly took over the building to the north that has the sandbags on the second level. One of us would stay in there, and cover the front of the building, while the other covered either the right or left side from the street. Eventually, the rest of our team caught on, and I was sitting up top calling out enemy positions. We cleaned up, as the other team couldn't break through our defenses. One time a guy sneaked through and stabbed me in the back, but he was quickly killed off and we resumed our defensive positions.

There was also a player on the other team who kept trying to get me out of that nest with a javelin missile. But I could see it coming, and would track it while it was in the air. Whenever it was coming for me, I would duck back inside and be fine.

After he left, I switched to mercenary TDM, and used the AUG w/ grip, silencer, and cold-blooded. I used the same defensive philosophy, and faired much better. I wasn't up near the top of the leaderboards, but I almost always finished with a positive K/D ratio.

I'm looking forward to extending this positive streak tonight with a marathon session. The gf is going to the movies tonight...Twilight at 8:00, New Moon at midnight  puke...so I'm going to be able to play for most of the night.  thumbsup

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: November 19, 2009, 03:17:01 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on November 19, 2009, 03:13:53 PM

While in the shower this morning, I thought of a neat idea for a perk.  It would be called something like "Marker".  When equipped, either shooting or being killed by someone would light them up on everyone's radar briefly, maybe for 5-10 seconds.  Just long enough that the super-stealth guy sneaking around with Ninja, Cold Blooded, and a silencer can never feel that he's perfectly invisible to radar, but short enough that he won't be lit up constantly. 

I also think it'd be fun sometime to get a whole team together using full stealth loadouts and go against pubbies.  I'd love to hear the team chatter when they keep putting up UAVs only to have absolutely nobody show up on radar.

They could have that as an attachment to a sniper rifle. Someone could sit back and tag enemies, and they are always up on the radar until they are killed. Whoever tags them gets an assist.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 19, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »

I also think it'd be fun sometime to get a whole team together using full stealth loadouts and go against pubbies.  I'd love to hear the team chatter when they keep putting up UAVs only to have absolutely nobody show up on radar.

Back in the COD4 days Hark and crew called that the 'X' loadout IIRC.

It didn't fit my play style so I rarely did it. I was the only dot on the screen biggrin
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: November 19, 2009, 03:19:45 PM »

While in the shower this morning, I thought of a neat idea for a perk.  It would be called something like "Marker".  When equipped, either shooting or being killed by someone would light them up on everyone's radar briefly, maybe for 5-10 seconds.  Just long enough that the super-stealth guy sneaking around with Ninja, Cold Blooded, and a silencer can never feel that he's perfectly invisible to radar, but short enough that he won't be lit up constantly.  

LOL, I love that. We really ought to do that some time.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 19, 2009, 03:33:20 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 19, 2009, 03:17:01 PM

While in the shower this morning, I thought of a neat idea for a perk.  It would be called something like "Marker".  When equipped, either shooting or being killed by someone would light them up on everyone's radar briefly, maybe for 5-10 seconds.  Just long enough that the super-stealth guy sneaking around with Ninja, Cold Blooded, and a silencer can never feel that he's perfectly invisible to radar, but short enough that he won't be lit up constantly. 

I also think it'd be fun sometime to get a whole team together using full stealth loadouts and go against pubbies.  I'd love to hear the team chatter when they keep putting up UAVs only to have absolutely nobody show up on radar.

They could have that as an attachment to a sniper rifle. Someone could sit back and tag enemies, and they are always up on the radar until they are killed. Whoever tags them gets an assist.

But if you can see them long enough to tag them, you might as well kill them.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 19, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 19, 2009, 03:33:20 PM

I'm seeing this more as something that would be useful in situations where you wing someone, but they escape.  The part where they light up after they kill someone would also be a counter to the stealth guy getting behind the enemy and knifing everyone down the line, but that might be a bit OP. 

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 19, 2009, 03:40:56 PM »

One twist on the stealth squad plan is to have one teammate without cold blooded. Enemy pops UAV, heads over to the one lone red dot and is greeted by the killing field of the stealthed hidden teammates.
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 19, 2009, 03:41:51 PM »

The BF2 series had a great "Spot Enemy" feature, where if someone was in your view and you pressed it, it would call out their location and they'd show up on all of your squadmates' maps.  

The riot shield has some intriguing tactics but it's hard to get someone to work with you to let you absorb bullets and flush people out while they come behind and get the kills.  Instead, even though you're moving towards a flag and shielding fire, they want to run ahead of you and get blowed up.  So it ends up being kind of useless.

I suck at MP (my k/d ratio is about 1:10, probably) but do have better luck on the Domination-type games where there are actual objectives instead of people just running all over shooting each other.

It's amazing that even in the Search & Destroy game type, people don't use any teamwork.  They just run their separate ways and do their own thing.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 19, 2009, 03:50:36 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 19, 2009, 03:40:56 PM

One twist on the stealth squad plan is to have one teammate without cold blooded. Enemy pops UAV, heads over to the one lone red dot and is greeted by the killing field of the stealthed hidden teammates.

Are you not reading the thread?  retard disgust icon_wink
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 19, 2009, 03:55:19 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 19, 2009, 03:33:20 PM

Most of the time whenever I play as a sniper I can tag a player, but not kill them. Especially if I don't play with Stopping Power.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 19, 2009, 04:06:31 PM »

So, I'm about 75% done with the game on veteran. Since there are no endless spawns, it is considerably easier than previous CoDs on veteran. It's kind of like playing the game on normal, except...it's harder.

There have been a few choke points where I have been cursing, but I have generally managed through them by staying in cover and using my teammates well. I have not had to use any cheap tactics like crawling around or hiding in some untouchable spot.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 19, 2009, 04:12:24 PM »

Quote from: jament on November 19, 2009, 03:41:51 PM

The BF2 series had a great "Spot Enemy" feature, where if someone was in your view and you pressed it, it would call out their location and they'd show up on all of your squadmates' maps. 

In Rainbow 6 Vegas you didn't even need to hit a button to do this.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 19, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »

Quote from: skystride on November 19, 2009, 04:12:24 PM

Bad Company neither. Although I hear they took that feature out in the sequel because people didn't find it realistic.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 19, 2009, 04:41:43 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 19, 2009, 03:50:36 PM

Bad command or file name

I have no idea what you're trying to convey.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 19, 2009, 04:47:29 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 19, 2009, 04:41:43 PM

Bad command or file name

It didn't fit my play style so I rarely did it. I was the only dot on the screen
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 19, 2009, 04:59:51 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 19, 2009, 04:47:29 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on November 19, 2009, 04:41:43 PM

Bad command or file name

It didn't fit my play style so I rarely did it. I was the only dot on the screen

Uh you're only doing it because you can't do stealth and it was a side effect.  He's saying to use that as an actual tactic to lure enemies into a trap.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: November 19, 2009, 05:15:18 PM »

The results were the same.  Tongue
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 19, 2009, 06:31:37 PM »

we had great success with this in previous games.  If 100% of the team had cold blooded we could ignore almost all the killstreaks completely
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 19, 2009, 06:37:14 PM »

Quote from: skystride on November 19, 2009, 04:12:24 PM

in R6 it showed enemies you see, but if you die so did the vision.  that's not quite what he was saying I think.  In BF2 and BC the vision lingered (perhaps for too long really)
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 19, 2009, 06:49:17 PM »

I refuse to buy this game after this compelling and well thought out review

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 19, 2009, 06:52:29 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 19, 2009, 06:49:17 PM

In the spirit of 'leave britney alone'?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 19, 2009, 06:52:51 PM »

I listened to 1 second of the mouth breathing and closed the page.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 19, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »

But now there's blood on the walls!

That kid is a fucking idiot. I feel sorrier for society for seeing that a couple days ago.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 19, 2009, 06:58:41 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 19, 2009, 06:31:37 PM

we had great success with this in previous games.  If 100% of the team had cold blooded we could ignore almost all the killstreaks completely

I'm I right in saying that cold blooded makes it so that aircraft and sentry guns cannot see you, as well as being invisible on a UAV? If so, I need to change out some of my kits.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 19, 2009, 06:58:52 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on November 19, 2009, 06:53:42 PM

But now there's blood on the walls!

That kid is a idiot. I feel sorrier for society for seeing that a couple days ago.

He does fit the whole british people are ugly theme though slywink
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 19, 2009, 09:45:18 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 19, 2009, 06:58:41 PM

I'm I right in saying that cold blooded makes it so that aircraft and sentry guns cannot see you, as well as being invisible on a UAV? If so, I need to change out some of my kits.

I think you're invisible to aircraft, helicopters, UAVs, sentry guns, and thermal scopes.  It's pretty killer.

XBox Live:  JNacht
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: