http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 11:53:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 Impressions [And official GT Review]  (Read 79826 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 16, 2009, 08:21:50 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on November 16, 2009, 07:57:24 PM

I messed around a bit to get my level up to 10, then found someone on my friends list, and joined their game.  It just so happened I was on the opposite team.  On the "GT team" was Harkonis, msteelers, and maybe Teggy and one other person, with a few people I didn't know.  

Oh, I remember this, because Hark saw the name and was wondering if it was you. To be honest, I am not a fan of the rooftop and balcony spots on Highrise, even if Hark is on my team. You can get those guys down, but it can be really hard, and it can make the map unbalanced. But there are clear ways to get there, so I think IW was well aware that you could get there and didn't think it was a problem. Once you know about them, the best thing to do is to watch the scaffolding and you can get quite a few kills on players trying to get up. But once they get up, you are in trouble and I have generally started just avoiding the north building. One cool thing that happened when I was trying to get one guy off the roof, however. I just could not get an angle on him to kill him, but apparently there is a tank up there and my shots blew it up, killing the sniper biggrin

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 16, 2009, 09:18:10 PM »

You can get on the roof of the north building in Highrise? Holy crap.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 16, 2009, 09:19:34 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on November 16, 2009, 09:18:10 PM

I saw Kato do it once, but I have no idea how.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 16, 2009, 09:21:36 PM »

I think you can get on the roof of both buildings, but the real dangerous part of the north building is the balcony above the front windows inside the building. Hark will go in there and can cover the entrances into the room and take out tons of people. Very hard to get down, and he'll also throw a tactical insertion so he can immediately reappear if he gets killed.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 16, 2009, 09:56:58 PM »

Added a few people to my friends list that were active in the CoD MP thread. So if some yahoo has sent you a request recently it may be me!

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 16, 2009, 10:01:48 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on November 16, 2009, 09:56:58 PM

Added a few people to my friends list that were active in the CoD MP thread. So if some yahoo has sent you a request recently it may be me!

With such an angry-looking avatar, I'm not sure if I want to approve you.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 16, 2009, 10:03:56 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 16, 2009, 10:01:48 PM

Quote from: Kagath on November 16, 2009, 09:56:58 PM

With such an angry-looking avatar, I'm not sure if I want to approve you.
icon_smile Heh, I was messing around that day and haven't gotten around to a new one...

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 16, 2009, 10:29:15 PM »

You know what's been bugging me a little bit? The titles that become available.  The XBL audience is already plenty juvenile enough without the game making titles like "Joint Ops" overlayed on pot leaves available.  Given the Fight Against Grenade Spam bit, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this is the best attempt at clever that IW could come up with, but it bugs me every single time I see it, especially when I unlock one as a prize. 

Yeah, I'm old.  Get off my damn lawn, you lousy kids.   icon_evil

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 16, 2009, 10:38:23 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 16, 2009, 09:21:36 PM

I think you can get on the roof of both buildings, but the real dangerous part of the north building is the balcony above the front windows inside the building. Hark will go in there and can cover the entrances into the room and take out tons of people. Very hard to get down, and he'll also throw a tactical insertion so he can immediately reappear if he gets killed.

Had my first run in with this tonight....we were able to counter it pretty effectively. The nice thing is the tactical insertion flare is very visible so you can kill them wait for them to respawn and then kill them again. Or just toss a nade up there.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 16, 2009, 11:39:14 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on November 16, 2009, 10:29:15 PM

You know what's been bugging me a little bit? The titles that become available.  The XBL audience is already plenty juvenile enough without the game making titles like "Joint Ops" overlayed on pot leaves available.

Wait... those are pot leaves?

Sonofabitch. icon_mad Here I thought I had a nice semi-serious title+emblem going on promoting working as a team, and all this time I've been the butt of a joke (pun intended).

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: November 16, 2009, 11:52:47 PM »

For what it's worth Joint Ops is by far the most popular title I have seen in my matches with the unwashed masses.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 17, 2009, 12:00:11 AM »

I like the titles and call signs myself.  Some are definitely juvenile, but we are playing with all ages so it is nice to let people express themselves. 

If anyone ever sends me an invite during the day and I don't join, it's likely because I'm in a private match with some local people, not because I'm being rude.  Just a heads up smile

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: November 17, 2009, 12:19:43 AM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 16, 2009, 11:52:47 PM

For what it's worth Joint Ops is by far the most popular title I have seen in my matches with the unwashed masses.

I just like the good ol' US flag for me. The tags are neat, but not a big deal for me.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 17, 2009, 12:20:37 AM »

I'm godhugh so I naturally go with Godhand.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 17, 2009, 12:29:15 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 16, 2009, 08:21:50 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on November 16, 2009, 07:57:24 PM

I messed around a bit to get my level up to 10, then found someone on my friends list, and joined their game.  It just so happened I was on the opposite team.  On the "GT team" was Harkonis, msteelers, and maybe Teggy and one other person, with a few people I didn't know.  

Oh, I remember this, because Hark saw the name and was wondering if it was you. To be honest, I am not a fan of the rooftop and balcony spots on Highrise, even if Hark is on my team. You can get those guys down, but it can be really hard, and it can make the map unbalanced. But there are clear ways to get there, so I think IW was well aware that you could get there and didn't think it was a problem. Once you know about them, the best thing to do is to watch the scaffolding and you can get quite a few kills on players trying to get up. But once they get up, you are in trouble and I have generally started just avoiding the north building. One cool thing that happened when I was trying to get one guy off the roof, however. I just could not get an angle on him to kill him, but apparently there is a tank up there and my shots blew it up, killing the sniper biggrin

that particular rooftop is accessible on 3 of the 4 sides and has no roof.  it's very vulnerable.  most people simply don't know how to get up there or that you can get in the room next to me.

edit: I was talking about the rooftop on Karachi btw.  the highrise one is indeed intended and there is an easter egg up there (teddy bears, there is a hidden one on every map, highrise has a bunch of them up there)  The only reliable way to clear someone off the highrise roof is a javelin or a killstreak like AC-130.  Best bet is to not let someone up there.  they DO have to run across in front of everyone on the map to get there slywink
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 12:31:21 AM by Harkonis » Logged
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 17, 2009, 12:33:03 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I like the titles in general.  Of course, I wish I could edit the text, but understand why you can't.  I use the "Accident Prone" one with the crutches, and use the painkiller pill as my emblem.  I think it pretty much sums up my experience in the game.

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 17, 2009, 12:45:15 AM »

Quote from: jblank on November 17, 2009, 12:19:43 AM

I just like the good ol' US flag for me.

Me too.

Pure American brother.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 17, 2009, 01:21:39 AM »

After playing around with Perks since the game was released, I'm tending on focusing on the same ones for most of my loadouts, and surprisingly it doesn't include Cold Blooded/Ninja. Mind you, this is for non-Hardcore TDM, I'd have to consider them for Hardcore.

Anyway, I'm liking Killstreak+1. I have UAV, Care Package and Predator as my three Kill Rewards (obviously I'm not planning on 25 kill streaks  icon_biggrin). This way I can contribute to the team even when I can't hit a damn thing. I also carry a Stinger. And I like to machine gun down enemy UAVs.

For Perk 1 I was using Scavenger, but it turns out that only my M4A1 loadout seemed to need the picked up ammo. Now I'm using Bling once I have a couple of attachments I like to use.

For Perk 3 I'm not quite sure which I like, yet.

I do know that I'm pretty useless with Sprinting. And I'm probably not going to use SMGs. However, I'm thrilled with my LMGs. I might end up with custom loadouts of nothing but LMGs.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 17, 2009, 01:30:19 AM »

I use Public Enemy, not because of the name (which I think is dumb), but the picture is a Great White Shark (which I love!)
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 17, 2009, 02:58:42 AM »

My favorite title so far is a bunch of daisies with "NOT IN THE FACE" over top of it. I don't know what I did to unlock that one, but I love it.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 17, 2009, 03:04:55 AM »

I just unlocked 'My Little Pwny' with the pony, rainbow and stars slywink
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 17, 2009, 03:08:35 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 17, 2009, 03:04:55 AM

That's awesome...how do you get it?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 17, 2009, 04:00:38 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 17, 2009, 03:04:55 AM

Yeah, that's pretty awesome, and if I ever unlock it, I'm totally using it.  But then again, I'm the guy who always picks pink if I get to customize colors.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 17, 2009, 05:15:29 AM »

Once depward unlocks "Blood Brothers" I'm going to persuade him to pick that one with me biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 17, 2009, 05:16:41 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on November 17, 2009, 05:15:29 AM

Once depward unlocks "Blood Brothers" I'm going to persuade him to pick that one with me biggrin

I got that one, but have no idea how @_@
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 17, 2009, 06:15:16 AM »

Quote from: Thin_J on November 17, 2009, 02:58:42 AM

My favorite title so far is a bunch of daisies with "NOT IN THE FACE" over top of it. I don't know what I did to unlock that one, but I love it.

I'm pretty sure it's headshots for an LMG.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 17, 2009, 07:27:54 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on November 16, 2009, 10:29:15 PM

You know what's been bugging me a little bit? The titles that become available.  The XBL audience is already plenty juvenile enough without the game making titles like "Joint Ops" overlayed on pot leaves available.  Given the Fight Against Grenade Spam bit, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this is the best attempt at clever that IW could come up with, but it bugs me every single time I see it, especially when I unlock one as a prize. 

Yeah, I'm old.  Get off my damn lawn, you lousy kids.   icon_evil

No way, now you know who to pre-mute.
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: November 17, 2009, 08:05:07 AM »

Can't wait to finish getting stars in Spec Ops and finally join the multiplayer crowd.

Out of shits and giggles I went in with a friend to play the last Echo Spec Op in Veteran (Kill 15 Juggernauts). They grassed our asses a few times, but we developed a great strategy to mess every one of'em up: flashbangs, heavy machine guns and claymore mines biggrin

Fun stuff, juggernaut slaughter!

Can't seem to get a break in Catch & Grab though...frown

Xbox360 Live! Gamertag: Wuigi69
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 17, 2009, 12:38:10 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 17, 2009, 06:15:16 AM

Teggy's site thought it might be from getting killed by a direct impact rifle grenade to the head.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 17, 2009, 01:00:24 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 17, 2009, 12:38:10 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 17, 2009, 06:15:16 AM

Teggy's site thought it might be from getting killed by a direct impact rifle grenade to the head.

I guess that's possible. I got it on a match that I also completed the 5 headshot challenge for the LMG. I don't recall if I got hit by a grenade to the head.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 17, 2009, 02:56:10 PM »

I think most people would have a hard time recalling the specifics of a grenade to the brain.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 17, 2009, 03:03:49 PM »

I actually managed to kill a guy with an unexploded stun grenade to the foot yesterday - not my finest kill, but certainly my funniest.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 17, 2009, 03:17:24 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on November 17, 2009, 03:03:49 PM

I actually managed to kill a guy with an unexploded stun grenade to the foot yesterday - not my finest kill, but certainly my funniest.

I had my first kill with a flashbang the day before last. I was hoping there would be an emblem for it.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: November 17, 2009, 04:17:53 PM »

I had a bit of a nightmare last night literally.

I was fast asleep and dreaming of MW2, i rolled over in sleep and banged my head, in my dream this was me getting hit on the head with a hand grenade. I woke the wife up at 3am shouting get down at the top of my voice. She lept out of bed and turned the light on asking what the hell was going on. Sheepishly i told her.

Think i best stop playing quite so late.

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 17, 2009, 04:28:32 PM »

I have no idea why I bought the game, I'm just another member of the cannon fodder crew when playing FPS's but look for OtterChaos to make a return to XBL tonight or tomorrow. k/d ratios across the GT crew should skyrocket when I'm spazing around the map.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 17, 2009, 04:30:43 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on November 17, 2009, 04:17:53 PM

I was fast asleep and dreaming of MW2, i rolled over in sleep and banged my head, in my dream this was me getting hit on the head with a hand grenade. I woke the wife up at 3am shouting get down at the top of my voice. She lept out of bed and turned the light on asking what the hell was going on. Sheepishly i told her.

lol!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 17, 2009, 04:35:23 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on November 17, 2009, 04:17:53 PM

That is awesome! icon_biggrin
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 17, 2009, 04:40:52 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out my preferred kill streak combination.

It's probably more useful to have UAV and carepack/counterUAV, but the 11 kill items are just too fun to resist.

I had been using 5 predator missile to get me to 7 harrier which would hopefully get me close to 11 for the AC130 or Chopper Gunner, but more often than not the predator or harrier would leave me too short and I'd get too antsy and nervous and get myself killed.

Yesterday I tried a new setup of 7 harrier, 9 pavelow, to 11 AC130/Chopper, and I think I really like it. All I have to do is get to 7 kills, the fragile harrier can usually get at least one or two kills to get me to the pave low, and the pave low is almost always hardy enough for the two more kills needed for the AC130 or Chopper Gunner.

I have to get to 7 instead of 5 to get things moving, but I figure I got to 7 for dogs often enough in World at War (and almost always without any artillery kills since I never targetted the right area) so it should hopefully work well.  
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 17, 2009, 04:51:27 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 17, 2009, 04:40:52 PM

I'm still trying to figure out my preferred kill streak combination.

I do UAV, Care Package (they're just so much fun, though they don't contribute to streaks) and the Sentry gun...i usually get far more kills with the SG than the predator.

I've had very little success getting long streaks in this game (longest is 14) and I seem to have great success with that combination. But man, to get to door gunner would be awesome in a streak...
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 17, 2009, 05:01:45 PM »

Sentry gun is great for kills but I wound up pulling it off my list because too many times I was getting killed just trying to get the drop and would have it stolen, and that is the most frustrating thing in the world. I managed an emergency airdrop once and 3 of the 4 boxes fell outside of the map. I think that is when I put a temp ban on all airdrops. Yesterday I stole someone's sentry and got 5 kills off of it and stole an AC130 as well (although I got 0 kills frown ).  Currently I have UAV, Predator, attack heli (but I've never gotten to the attack heli  crybaby ).

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: