http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 11:17:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MLB 2k6 [2ksports]  (Read 11305 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2006, 02:15:22 AM »

If you guys haven't seen this Inside Edge video...

well, then check it out.  It may seem like fluff, but I think it's cool as hell.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2329

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 03:01:07 AM »

Imagine the damage Vlad and Fatty will do to you with that!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 04:47:50 AM »

kinda off topic, but how come on some videos, I'm not able to see anything, I can hear the audio, but that's it.  It does the same for QT and WMV
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 12:24:08 PM »

Ken, stay on topic dammit!  If you keep this up, I will have to call our Forum Moderator in to discipline you!   Oh, wait...   :?

Seriously, I don't know the answer to your question, but would love to find out.  There is a trailer up for a game called Sword of the Stars that I can hear the sound to but for the life of me, can not SEE the video, and it pisses me off to no end.  I have no clue why this happens sometimes.

---

And Devil, I agree with the Fatty comment.  But Vlad... no problem whatsoever there.  I will just pitch 4 straight balls.  He will let one pass and swing at the rest, no matter how far out of the strikezone they are!   Tongue

And speaking of Fatty...  Here is an article on Payoff Pitching done by the evil site known as IGN for those interested.  They actually asked some very good questions and got some direct answers.  I know, shocker!  Dare I say this game could be great?

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/685/685091p1.html

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »

This game is looking really good.  I'm going to wait the extra couple of weeks for the X360 version though.

Any chance we can get some kind of season going since you guys wimped out on a hockey season?   :wink:

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 01:59:10 PM »

Just like Vladdy - I swing at everything!!

IN! For the season!

An I NEVER wimped out on NHL!!!

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 05:51:30 PM »

You can't see videos because Firefox doesn't have active x stuff and people don't know how to program for anything other than IE.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 08:30:55 PM »

I'm getting excited for this.  The Inside Pitch stuff looks excellent and hopefully it's implemented well.  

The other two features from the video don't look too appealing.  Having the batter bat from the opposite side?  Maybe rarely for a switch hitter, but I don't see it being too useful.  Same goes for the batting box position.  MVP had it last year and I never really used it.  I doubt I'll use it with 2K6.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 05:39:03 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Ken, stay on topic dammit!  If you keep this up, I will have to call our Forum Moderator in to discipline you!   Oh, wait...   :?

Seriously, I don't know the answer to your question, but would love to find out.  There is a trailer up for a game called Sword of the Stars that I can hear the sound to but for the life of me, can not SEE the video, and it pisses me off to no end.  I have no clue why this happens sometimes.

---

And Devil, I agree with the Fatty comment.  But Vlad... no problem whatsoever there.  I will just pitch 4 straight balls.  He will let one pass and swing at the rest, no matter how far out of the strikezone they are!   Tongue

And speaking of Fatty...  Here is an article on Payoff Pitching done by the evil site known as IGN for those interested.  They actually asked some very good questions and got some direct answers.  I know, shocker!  Dare I say this game could be great?

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/685/685091p1.html

Turns out when having WOW running in the background, WMV and Quicktime videos won't work.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 05:40:05 PM »

when does the game come out?
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 02:25:39 PM »

March-something is what I have heard the producers "say".

With Spring Training fast approaching, this is great news indeed.  I'm not sure when the x360 version is being released, but I will wait for it regardless if it's same day or weeks behind the others.

LD

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 02:50:29 PM »

I'm waiting for the 360 version too...

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 07:35:12 PM »

Wow, this game looks terrible.  Hopefully the 360 version looks better.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 01:33:56 AM »

New video and article on Batting.

Hey Vlad - DO NOT swing at balls thrown out of strike zone.

Tongue

http://www.2ksports.com/games/mlb2k6/

LD

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 01:35:43 AM »

Vlad can hit ANYTHING!!!

It's the other guys in teh Angels lineup that kill me.  biggrin

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 02:56:10 AM »

Regular X-box version videos are up at IGN.

Link

I watched them, and it just solidifies my comment that I am waiting for the x360 version no matter how much longer it takes.

LD

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 01:46:21 AM »

Some info is better than no info, right...?

Top Pitchers

#6, #7, and #22 for me.

Devil... Fatty comes in at #18.  But hey, at least your team can hit the ball, which is more than I can say for my Astros.

LD

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 01:49:49 PM »

That's not a big deal - You can throw John Wasdin at me every game and he'll look like Oswalt.

I doubt you be playing this with all the College Booyeah in your future anyway!

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 02:02:52 PM »

Funny!  Just don't swing at everything!

And yep, the whole reason for me owning the console is College Hoops, true enough.  But if baseball is done well, it will definately be my #2 game.

LD

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 02:12:03 PM »

And now the closers...

Brad checks in at #4.   biggrin
Francisco checks in at #5.    :?

Link to Closers
- - - -
Meanwhile, a Payoff Pitching trailer and a very brief snippet about pitching can be found at Team Xbox.  A nice quote:  "So, pitching becomes much more strategic as pitchers need to figure out how much a pitch will break when spotting his pitches."

Link to Team Xbox
- - - - -
Also, Gamespot has some really cool new stuff up.  My honest opinion... I think it all sounds too good to be true.  Kush is making some drastic, drastic changes to the game this year, all of them (on paper) very positive.  I just am not overly confident they can make it all work right.  

If you only watch one thing out of all this stuff though, make sure and check out the Developer's Interview on Gamespot.  

Here is an example of VIP scouting on opposing players for xbox live.  Notice the Plate Discipline on this guy being really low?  That is nothing when you see what Devil's meter will look like!  That needle will be so far to the left, it will probably cause an error in the game.

LD

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 12:06:26 AM »

Here is an example of VIP scouting on opposing players for xbox live. Notice the Plate Discipline on this guy being really low? That is nothing when you see what Devil's meter will look like! That needle will be so far to the left, it will probably cause an error in the game.

This is how I beat you!

I'm Un-Scoutable!! You can't possibly plan for the way I play!!  biggrin

Pitching and defense. Pitching and defense!

I'm REALLY hoping they do the fielding well. That's my sticking point.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 05:39:03 AM »

Another preview... most of it we already know.

Team Xbox Link

One cool quote from it...
"...gamers will also have access to online leagues (with full stat tracking) that allow realistic and complete seasons to be played out in the virtual world. There are shorter tournaments too, plus the ability to go toe-to-toe with another slugger in Home Run Derby."

- - - - -

Some new videos of the standard xbox version are up also...

Link to IGN Vids

LD

Cyrano
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2006, 07:50:18 AM »

Has anyone heard anything about the 360 version? It seems like all the previews I've seen only talk about current gen. Kinda strange.
Cyrano
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2006, 08:11:37 AM »

Right after I posted that, I went to Gamespot, and they have a preview of the 360 version up.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/majorleaguebaseball2k6/news.html?sid=6145716
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2006, 12:33:45 PM »

I hadn't seen that.  Thanks Cyrano!

I like this quote...

"When players hit the ground during a dive, they'll come up with location-specific dirt or grass stains on their uniform. MLB 2K6 producers told us that the development team has focused much of the animation work for the 360 version on infield fielding animations."

LD

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2006, 12:05:51 AM »

It's not much... but it's something.....  IGN 360 Hands On

I like this picture alot.

LD

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 03:45:43 AM »

That CLEARLY can't be Colon on the hill.

You wouldn't be able to see the waterfall thing in center field...or the lights...or the sky...or the...

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2006, 04:06:28 AM »

That made me laugh!

Do you think the game slows down do to excess polygon count when he is on the mound?!?!?!

I think there is a good chance it may.

Tongue

LD

dback99
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 06:10:24 PM »

I just hope there is no way possible to place Alfonso Soriano in the outfiled.  That position switch could be grayed out.  

-dback

Xbox Live tag: dback99

Listening to: volbeat!!

Playing: swtor, skyrim, rocksmith, ootp11
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 06:51:38 PM »

For those of you not keeping up...

Team Xbox Preview

and

Gamespot Updated Hands-On

LD

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2006, 11:59:33 PM »

Well, crap...

I was happy with MLB:The Show and I thought it would end up being my only baseball game, but I may have to get 2K6 once I get my 360 if it looks anything like the screenshots.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2006, 05:50:46 AM »

7.3 from IGN... maybe I should boycott 2K because they made it so I cant get a real version of the far superior MVP.  Oh yeah, I forgot it only works against EA.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2006, 07:22:57 AM »

Quote from: "GatorFavre"
7.3 from IGN... maybe I should boycott 2K because they made it so I cant get a real version of the far superior MVP.  Oh yeah, I forgot it only works against EA.

The low points the review mentions is disappointing (Unfriendly baserunning, sluggish fielding and AI gaffes).  If it's true, I may have to decide if online play is a big enough factor to pick it up.   frown

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2006, 12:08:39 PM »

Rough fielding kills baseball games for me. Just hope the 360 version is better, but I doubt it.  :cry:

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2006, 12:19:53 PM »

I read the IGN review in full.  For a sports game IGN review, I am actually relatively impressed.  The reviewer did a fair job of discussing things related to, you know, sports stuff, in the review.  That in and of itself is rare coming from IGN.

Like every other sports title in the history of videogaming though, it will have to be played by us, the sports fans, before any real determination can be made.  I predicted early in this thread that Kush was adding alot of stuff this year, ALOT of stuff.  That is usually a bad sign, as something always gets screwed up when that is done.  The turbo running thing can be turned off, so if that fixes ALL baserunners and their slow movement, that becomes a non-issue.  The biggie for me is exactly what Devil pointed out... FIELDING.  And this is supposed to be better on the 360 version.  We shall see...

I have a request to KUSH games, if any of you know someone from that studio.  It is quite simple really.  For ONCE, can you guys just fix all the problems from the previous year's game, instead of adding 7 gajillion new things, half of which don't work correctly?  Please?

LD

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2006, 01:20:54 PM »

Looks like we'll find out sooner. 360 version is now listed to come out next week.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2006, 06:12:47 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Looks like we'll find out sooner. 360 version is now listed to come out next week.

SWEET.  I was just lamenting yesterday about how I wanted to play a baseball video game.

gellar
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2006, 06:28:32 PM »

In stores the 11th.  I picked up the regular xbox version (today) for my nephew, so I will give you the full report as he relays it to me.  Keep in mind, he is a Mariners fan, so he might not be able to really give an accurate accounting of the new pitching.  

Tongue    Tongue

LD

Cyrano
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2006, 06:30:30 PM »

I was kind of hoping that the Xbox and PS2 versions would be like a big public beta test, and the problems everyone finds could be fixed for the 360 version. There's not time for that if it comes out next week.

I'm also afraid that a wildly fluctuating release date is not a good sign.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2006, 06:37:37 PM »

he is a Mariners fan, so he might not be able to really give an accurate accounting of the new pitching.

For acccuracy, I'd like to know how far Vlad hits his home runs off him.
 biggrin

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: