http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 07:07:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MKDS unlockables  (Read 795 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2005, 08:11:43 AM »

So I`ve put some decent time into this. I`ve unlocked a few things. 2 new characters, some other things too. But where is the meat of the unlockables? I did the 50cc and half of the 100cc so far. Some missions too. Also what`s with the ranks? What exactly dictates the rank? Lot of questions for a GREAT game! Thx.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 05:28:47 PM »

Rank for the grand prix - I have no idea.  My brother says not using items, but I've done that, and have only managed a star.  And think total time for all 4 may have something to do with it because on the records screen it shows the 4 courses' time added up.  

Just keeping beating the grand prix modes - and attain a one-star ranking on all the missions for an extra level.

ALSO, the staff ghosts...WOW the staff ghosts are hard!!  I saw it on Gamefaqs that there are 3 staff ghosts if you beat a certain time on the time trial.  You'll gain access to the staff ghost and wow, they're really good.  There are only 3 there, don't know if there's more.

TheMissingLink on PSN
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 05:45:19 PM »

A lot of people seem to be using the gray turtle (or whatever it is) online. Does that character have a significantly faster speed and when is that unlocked?
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 07:24:02 PM »

I got the one star rating on a couple grand prixs and I used items.  I dont know if that has anything to do with it.  Maybe the 2 and 3 star ratings.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 10:30:27 PM »

I've noticed that the characters people use online are pretty much Dry Bones, Luigi, and Yoshi.  I'm guessing because all three have relatively high acceleration and are light.  I use Luigi and Dry Bones because I'm very comfortable with the drift and acceleration/top speed statistics.

I've gotten several 3 star rankings for the grand prix cups.  All I can say is - I didn't use many items, I led the races for the majority of the time, and I power-slided and mini-boosted a crap load.  But yeah, it's weird how sometimes I think I'll be "deserving" of a 3-star rank but I'll get like 1 or a B or something.  Kinda wonky.

Unlockables get a little more sweeter Harpua.  I don't want to spoil it (just about to finish the 150cc Mirror Cups), but they're pretty cool.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 12:16:29 AM »

I use Dry Bones because he is cool. Koopa Troopa was my man on the SNES
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 07:50:36 AM »

Thanks guys. This game rocks! This is my sanity to keep me away from the 360 for a few months :wink: . I`m getting a router soon, so then it`s even MORE fun. I also like dry bones, heh, and well...luigi. I`ve heard some of the unlockables are great, and there`s lots of `em. I can`t wait to see!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: